Slightly Mad Studios Confirms New Project CARS Title is In Development

Yes. Actually I thought it was OK at the start.

I like it. Will that do?
;)

I can see your point and agree that hopefully they don't over reach, but he's got to big the game up. He's not going to generate much enthusiasm by saying "PC3, it's probably sort of going to be ok."
Loved the first one but couldn’t get on with the 2nd.

Thanks, will give it another go 👍

Sorry but this Forum is over. All you guys just hating on everything. PC2 is the best simulation for motorsport on earth. I'm looking forward for the next part. And now please hate on me and delete my message...thats gtplanet. A forum with a lot of haters

Last edited by a moderator:
A forum with a lot of haters

... And you chose to be salty

Anyway bought the previous ones and felt a bit let down. Especially as I had very high hopes for PC2 which I preordered. Guess it was by far not ready as it was borderline unplayable due to various bugs. Not saying it's a bad game, just that it was released in a very bad shape with quantity over quality whereas GTS was on yhe opposite side. Thus when it was in a playable shape, I had already been in the web of Sport Mode, coming back is hard but for a few races.

Hope they learn from their mistakes and the strengths of their competitors, but will very definitely not be preordering again as the trust is no longer there.

Beyond the usual more cars/tracks...
  • No to more rally - others do it well (mostly) and burning time & resource on dirt modelling isn't going to get a great result.
  • Bitumin hill climbs though, yes please! We used to do that (sort of) in custom track nights on GT6. Great times, literally!
  • Set the race at 100% AI. I kid you not. I enjoy watching a decent motor race. Setting up an historic event and having play out whilst I chill could be a cheap feature.
  • If I were to have limitless wants - a car builder, X-Plane is that for aircraft (hard it is). Designing and building cars could be most excellent.
  • More club racing level cars & events. Bit like we used to do with GT5&6 - tune up a car to a race spec and take it racing. Most enjoyable and missing now GTS is just slider bars.
Assuming PCars3 is PS4 then it's a done deal for me in any case, it's our go-to racer more often than not.

Project cars 2 would've been damn near perfect with offline custom championships/ or custom grid and a few tracks that need to make it in game like Sebring and road Atlanta. This is what I feel needs to be in pc3. Plus larger grid size offline, and driver swap online.

I totally agree that we need in PC3 Sebring, Road Atlanta or even Macau. Not to mention Adelaide.

Yep. You might recognise some of my pictures as they've also been used as promo material for both pCARS1 and 2 (as have other WMD member's pics). Proudest moment is still the time I saw the Corvette racing team tweet one of my pics for the C7.R release in pCARS1.

My flickr page - everything on my Flickr account is 3840x2400 or 3840x2160 and, unless otherwise specified or obvious, straight from the game. No external injectors used and no post-processing in Photoshop. I haven't taken any screenshots for a while now, except for banners for the league I help out with.

For me, i would like the game to be released along with the new generation of video games with better graphics, sounds and physics and meanwhile, they could launch more interesting DLCs, but with the current monetization scenario, anything can happen, like a game just a little better than the previous one with more cars and tracks...(PC2)

Better multiplayer experience similar to f1 2018, Forza 7 & GT Sport. A hopper type system, that you can just jump in and play. It’s too difficult to find a race in Project Cars 2. I don’t want to have to join a league to enjoy multiplayer on a freaking console!

It might be weird, but for some reason, i just cant get into PCars 2 anymore. Yes, it is a good game and offers more sim-features and realism then GTS and Forza 7, but as a game... its just not as fun IMO. Its hard to nail down why. I hope PCars 3 will take good advantage of the next-gen consoles, because the technical execution is one of the weaker points in Pcars 2, even on the newer consoles.

Sorry but this Forum is over. All you guys just hating on everything. PC2 is the best simulation for motorsport on earth. I'm looking forward for the next part. And now please hate on me and delete my message...thats gtplanet. A forum with a lot of haters

Sorry, but who are you?

All I see for the most part is legitimate gripes and criticisms, both of which can help a game, any game, grow and become better, not blind favoritism. Project CARS is not "the best simulation for motorsports on earth." regardless of how much you want to convince yourself otherwise.

Hyperbole has no place in making a game better either, but I'm sure you're well aware of that being the prophet you are.

Life for sim racers is going to be great in the next few years.

• pCars 3
  • ACC
  • Dirt Rally 2.0
  • Maybe PS5 and GT7

Why did I read this so early in development? I'm not the most patient guy and can't wait for pCars 3 to be released. :ouch:

Best sim on earth is a big call. It has some things that it does well, and some that it doesn't. And depending on your hardware, that can add a few more things that it doesn't do well. It's a decent game that anyone who is into sim racing should totally play. Is that not enough?

Somehow in 2018 there are still people that think that it's possible for one game to be the absolute king of everything. That time has long passed, if it ever existed. There's a number of games out there that all have different strengths and are worth playing, and you need at least a few to even attempt to cover all the bases.

I mean, if someone like Gran Turismo/GTS, it'd be silly not to suggest that they also play Assetto Corsa/ACC, pCARS2, FM7, FH4, iRacing, Dirt Rally/DR2, F1 2018, rF2, RRRE and Automobilista. They might to take to all of them, but they're all solid games in their own right and worth playing if you're into sim racers. Why get bent out of shape because someone doesn't rate one particular game as the greatest above all others?

*I'm sure I missed some more in the list, but that was all I could think of off the top of my head.

yas
Hope they learn from their mistakes and the strengths of their competitors, but will very definitely not be preordering again as the trust is no longer there.

There are no particularly good reasons to pre-order any game any more. Inevitably the tat that comes with pre-orders is pointless. The value in being able to judge the buzz surrounding a game and watch some Let's Plays of the first hour or two is very high. Even more so when we're getting so many games that are poorly optimised these days, where a perfectly good game can be ruined by how it performs on your specific hardware (be that console or PC).

The only developers I'll pre-order from are the ones where I'm literally looking for excuses to give them more of my money. That's not a good reason either, I'll hasten to point out, but it happens sometimes.

Sorry, but who are you?

All I see for the most part is legitimate gripes and criticisms, both of which can help a game, any game, grow and become better, not blind favoritism. Project CARS is not "the best simulation for motorsports on earth." regardless of how much you want to convince yourself otherwise.

Hyperbole has no place in making a game better either, but I'm sure you're well aware of that being the prophet you are.

I'm Don and who are you. By the way I play a lot of sims but pc2 is the best. And guess what not only me says that. Porsche call it the best sim on earth. And yes so think I. And now bye

They better release the game in a properly finished this time. Some issues at release were ashaming, not to mention many weren't fixed in the end throught an entire year.

Release a finished game MrBell; make everybody happy so word spreads, and good sales will finally come. This is the primary thing PC3 is going to need above anything else.., to be released in a finshed status.

And then of course reduce categories by a wide margin; add even more tracks to the already overwhelming roster; remove rallycross please regardless how awesome its physics ended up being (this is a track racing game above all. I mean make your own rallycross or rally game with those aawesome physcics. It will be epic, but remove it from pc2 so there's more space for other stuff track racing wise), and for the love of the god make the online mode and reqrite code from the scratch, and make yourselves sure this time It is going to be good and not the joke pc1 and 2 online have been both.

Also SMS.., could you please for the love of the god open the pits already for club layouts and of course the Nords?, it is beyond me why you don't do this kind of basic stuff

Last edited:
If I was a dev, or Ian himself scanning forums for ideas/opinions I would only read short posts.

So, LESS IS MORE.

Polished and Refined on release SMS.
I'd rather have an incredible PC3 with limited content, than a problem title with everything. You can add DLC later.

Project Cars 2 has the content and the graphics but lacking in online (and some offline) features. If it was a solid game I would be happy seeing PC3 announced, but I'm a little bit sad because I want PC2 to have a better multiplayer and those minor improvements (like custon championships or the custom grid tool) and some major bug fixes which are still in the game (like puddles has less effect on AI, etc).

It might be weird, but for some reason, i just cant get into PCars 2 anymore. Yes, it is a good game and offers more sim-features and realism then GTS and Forza 7, but as a game... its just not as fun IMO. Its hard to nail down why. I hope PCars 3 will take good advantage of the next-gen consoles, because the technical execution is one of the weaker points in Pcars 2, even on the newer consoles.

I have the same problem.

There are no particularly good reasons to pre-order any game any more.

Do not agree, I pre-ordered ACC and saved $40 on 1.0 which was a particularly good reason for me.

Should SMS adopt early access (beyond their traditional program) I would gladly buy in early.

Do not agree, I pre-ordered ACC and saved $40 on 1.0 which was a particularly good reason for me.

Should SMS adopt early access (beyond their traditional program) I would gladly buy in early.
Preordering a game is not the same as buying into early access though.

Back