Slightly Mad Studios Teases New Unannounced Franchise

pCars Disney.gif

Namco and SMS will have a sim racing version of....

Basically R Racing then... Minus the unzipped cleavage showing racing suits...

I would be surprised if they decide to make R Racing though. R Racing felt like a GT4 Prologue with story and girls.

After reading the article, I wonder if it is not a racing game instead something else maybe an open world, FPS or adventure type of genre. Don't know if SMS want to make another racing games since PC2 is on the horizon and they already give all of their focus to it. Maybe it is released after PC2 or launched it both in the same time.

If it calms your soul, I'm pretty sure they use replicas! 👍
I know they build superficial replicas of the top-spec performance variants using lesser models, but according to a Jalopnik article, they went through "300 to 400 cars" just to film one movie, Fast and Furious 6.

Lesser trim levels of cool cars are still cool to me, and that's a lot of casualties for the sake of films that are so unbearably corny and over-the-top.

Honestly though seeing any of the classic RR cars and tracks in Project CARS would be pretty cool honestly. Inb4 SMS put devil and angel cars as DLC and throw them in the GT1X class for PCARS2

The Devil cars would also feature a special purple racing suit with Kazuya Mishima's gloves instead of racing gloves

Last edited:
If it's a Hollywood blockbuster franchise which kind of involves racing, which Ian previously said, then 'Fast and the Furious' makes sense. I'll stick to PCars2 though.
The only good FnF game I can think of is the Tokyo Drift game back in 2006. And that one has great variety in customization plus they also had Wangan races aside from touge races that you'd expect.

Plus it was also published by Bandai Namco.

I reckon it will be a CARS game, Andy Tudor mentioned on Twitter why nobody had done a game for that franchise yet :P?
With Cars 3 looking like the final film, I don't see how they could do multiple games whilst keeping the hype for the series.

The game has to be tied to a movie franchise. It doesnt have to be racing, but they (haphazardly)pride themselves on physics

Theres not many movie franchises based on driving. Not to mention franchises predicted to have future installments, but its probably our biggest clue. Lets see

F&F(has been done to nauseum)
Transporter
Transformers
Mad max
Gone in 60( prime for remake)

I'm going with 60sec. It allows it to be open world, with cops, street races, etc. It makes the most sense as a remake, blockbuster wise. It's owned by disney, and it goes up against gta and horizon.

I'd buy the ultimate edition

Last edited:

Interesting, I didn't know this existed. I was just going of Andy Tudors tweet to be honest as I don't really have a huge interest in games based on films (Old lord of the rings is one of the old exceptions I think back on PS2).

It's probably some kind of Fast and Furious movie game thingy.
Plus side: Customization of cars.
Negative side: Pre-set Customization cars and cannot be modded.

Having a look at the stream from when Ian joined and I hadn't woke up and it's "what Need for Speed are trying to copy."

That sounds like Fast and Furious to me. Their involvement in games on Forza and they'll surely want to have a proper game. 6 year deal.

Says how it's being announced next week.

Discussed about 2:17:00 for about 5 minutes in the stream I posted above.

Last edited:
Having a look at the stream from when Ian joined and I hadn't woke up and it's "what Need for Speed are trying to copy."

That sounds like Fast and Furious to me. Their involvement in games on Forza and they'll surely want to have a proper game. 6 year deal.

Says how it's being announced next week.

So then I wonder: is it going to be based more around Genki's cancelled F&F or Bamco and Eutechnyx's own F&F, or more like what the F&F expansion for Horizon 2 was?

So then I wonder: is it going to be based more around Genki's cancelled F&F or Bamco and Eutechnyx's own F&F, or more like what the F&F expansion for Horizon 2 was?
Nobody knows bar those involved in development. We'll find out next week when everyone will riot about them announcing a game and deserting PC2.

Nobody knows bar those involved in development. We'll find out next week when everyone will riot about them announcing a game and deserting PC2.

I ask because the F&F is pretty vast from it's beginnings as a street racing franchise to a more action movie based franchise, and I would imagine SMS's abilities would probably be more better suited towards the former then the latter.

More driving, more gameplay, less action, less cinematic spectacle, please. If it will allow me to almost forget it's a F&F game -- like the Eutechnyx title -- then I could potentially be interested.

More driving, more gameplay, less action, less cinematic spectacle, please. If it will allow me to almost forget it's a F&F game -- like the Eutechnyx title -- then I could potentially be interested.

The thing is, you might not get much of a choice on that front, but who knows. Again, there's certainly a wealth of material to go on, but if they do go down the earlier F&F route, I wonder how successful of a game it would be considering that that era of tuning in particular has been out of vogue since the late 2000's.

The thing is, you might not get much of a choice on that front, but who knows. Again, there's certainly a wealth of material to go on, but if they do go down the earlier F&F route, I wonder how successful of a game it would be considering that that era of tuning in particular has been out of vogue since the late 2000's.
Me, or SMS in negotiating with the IP holder?

I could just play The Crew 2 instead, but I'm open to this because of the tech underpinning PCARS2 (not that I'm expecting simulator handling). There is not yet a definitive alternative to Forza Horizon on PS4.

You.

We don't know if Universal would stipulate them to make a quasi driving/action game, or a straight racing game. That's going to be the big one in this potential announcement.

Back