2001 Acura Integra Type-R
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
2010 Abarth 500 esseesse
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
1968 Opel GT
1970 Porsche 914/6
1990 Jaguar XJ-S (Coming Soon)
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (Coming Soon)

E Class (100-300 PI)
1967 Volvo 123GT

Update History:
10.15.15 - Shop's open, with three tunes.
02.10.16 - Three more tunes.
02.29.16 - Three more D Class tunes.
04.11.16 - Two D, one B.

Last edited:
001_race_volvo_123gt-t.png

(Shown in "Swedish Racing Green" from the Colour Creation Database)

Car: 1967 Volvo 123GT
Tune Name: E300 GTPlanet
Keywords: Circuit, Good All Around
Horsepower: 142
Weight (lbs): 2162
PI Rating: E300
Drivetrain: FR
Style: Race

Tune Information:
This tune is meant for setting quick times at Lime Rock. The backend is a little loose to help with rotation, to get pointed the right direction as quickly as possible so you can get back on the power. Despite this, it is definitely a grip-oriented tune, with not much power over stock. As of the time of this post, it had managed 5th in the Americas, and 23rd worldwide, in E Class on Lime Rock Full (01:01.954). And that's just with me behind the wheel!

__________________________​

002_race_acura_integra_type-r-t.png

(Shown in "GTM ITR White" from the slipSTORE)

Car: 2001 Acura Integra Type-R
Tune Name: D400 GTPlanet
Horsepower: 195
Weight (lbs): 2557
PI Rating: D400
Drivetrain: FF

Tune Information:
Another tune optimized for Lime Rock. Unlike the Volvo and Lotus, this has a stock gearbox, so it should be a bit better suited for longer tracks than either of those. Being front-driven, it's a bit more locked on line, but will exhibit some helpful lift-off oversteer if you so desire. As of the time of this post, the Teggie was sitting at 50th and 138th in the Americas and Worldwide, respectively, on Lime Rock Full in D Class (01:00.184).

__________________________​

003_race_lotus_elise_111s-t.png

(Shown in "Laser Blue" from the Colour Creation Database)

Car: 2005 Lotus Elise 111S
Tune Name: C500 GTPlanet
Keywords: Circuit, Best For Handling
Horsepower: 173
Weight (lbs): 1767
PI Rating: C500
Drivetrain: MR

Tune Information:
The third of the debut tunes, again, set up at Lime Rock. This is definitely a grip-tune, with the lithe little Lotus scything its way through curves. It will undoubtedly get demolished somewhere like Daytona. But, for now, it sits at 44th and 129th in the usual leaderboards, with a time of 00:57.713. Try it, it's addictive.​

Last edited:
004_race_datsun_2000_roadster-t.png

(Shown in "GTP Datsun" from the slipSTORE)

Car:
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
Horsepower: 203
Weight (lbs): 2139

Tune Information: This tune is a more well-balanced D class tune than my go-to Miata. It still won't catch muscle cars on the power tracks, but can hold its own online against the lighter vehicles. A consistent sub-minute lap time at Lime Rock doesn't hurt either.

005_race_ford_mustang_ii_king_cobra-t.png

(Shown in "GTP Mustang II" from the slipSTORE)

Car:
1978 Ford Mustang II King Cobra
Tune Name: B600 GTPlanet
Horsepower: 280
Weight (lbs): 2323
PI Rating: B600

Tune Information: The Mustang II was an unexpected force to be reckoned with in FM4. It arrived on the scene late, and while it may be a little pathetic in stock form compared to its predecessors, the wonders of tuning can save it. An engine swap and massive, sticky tires mean this will do exactly what its told. Don't take it to speed tracks though, as it needs to exchange some tire PI for more power. Good enough to nab the fastest Mustang II Lime Rock lap in the Americas, with one other King Cobra sneaking in above it on the Worldwide boards. A top 1% tune.

006_race_lotus_exige_s-t.png

(Shown in "GTP Exige" from the slipSTORE)

Car:
2012 Lotus Exige S
Tune Name: A700 GTPlanet
Horsepower: 345
Weight (lbs): 2256
PI Rating: A700

Tune Information: I had originally built the Exige with a more road-biased, power-adding tune. Aping the power of the rare Evora GTE, it was fun, but too jack-of-all-trades to put a dent in online rooms. Leaving the power stock, and focusing on handling via Chapman-approved lightness, well, that worked a treat. I dropped over a second at Lime Rock (making it the fastest Exige in the Americas, second Worldwide at 165th overall), and it continually brings me good results in the hoppers. It feels a lot more tied down than the occasionally-floaty stock ride.​

007_race_chevrolet_camaro_z28-t.png

(Shown in "GTP Camaro" from the slipSTORE)

Car:
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Horsepower: 336
Weight (lbs): 3088

Tune Information: This has overtaken my Raceboy-tuned Boss 302 as my main D-Mod weapon. It has startling off-the-line acceleration, and an easy, malleable balance in turns. It won't win you a race against a well-tuned speedster around places like Daytona Short, where the large portion of oval gives cars with Speed stats higher than the Camaro's 5.7 an advantage. But those will need a seriously good driver too, and this will take big bites out of other muscle cars in the turns. This works well on a huge variety of tracks, but you'll want to look at the Abarth listed below, or just about any of my other D tunes, if you're heading to Lime Rock or other tiny circuits.

008_road_abarth_500_esseesse-t.png

(Shown in "Orange Blast" from the Colour Creation Database)

Car:
2010 Abarth 500 esseesse
Keywords: Grip, Best For Handling
Horsepower: 163
Weight (lbs): 2017
Drivetrain: FF
Style: Road

Tune Information: This was a surprise. I bought the 500 in the early days of the game, threw on some random parts to get it to the top of the class... and promptly forgot about it. As luck would have it, I came back to it last week looking for more D-Mod weapons to expand my affinity maxes, and the 500 proved incredibly strong at Lime Rock. It will get destroyed at high-speed tracks, but on the shorter stuff, it's pointy and fast, easily capable of toppling other machinery, despite me never building it up as an out-and-out track car!

009_race_subaru_brat-t.png

(Shown in "Sonic Blue" from the Colour Creation Database)

Car:
1980 Subaru BRAT GL
Keywords: Off The Line, Expert
Horsepower: 225
Weight (lbs): 1945

Tune Information: This thing is nuts. Determined to make the Brat competitive outside of Lime Rock, I hunted for a power setup that would do it justice. This is what I've ended up with. It's a handful at anything other than 80mph on account of those narrow tires and a rear-drive conversion. It's also peaky. But I've picked "Off The Line" for the keyword because it keeps the big muscle cars honest well into the triple digits. It needs care around turns, but I've been winning numerous races with it since figuring the tune out. Treat it like a very light version of a muscle car, and you're not far off.​

010_race_opel_gt-t.png

(Shown in "Fathom Midnight Green Metallic" from the Colour Creation Database)

Car:
1968 Opel GT
Keywords: Off the Line, Good All Around
Horsepower: 232
Weight (lbs): 2092

Tune Information: I've got the handling-oriented setups for this class. I've got the speed-based ones. But the likes of the Alpine or Elan have always intrigued me in the hoppers. So with the more recent DLC pack, I took a crack at the Opel. It's got the Honda buzz-bomb swap, and pulls off the line on just about anything shy of the Bronco/Defender/Bus. A particularly strong track for it is Sebring Short, and I've won a lot of races there.

011_race_porsche_914-6-t.png

(Shown in "GTP 914/6 Blue" from the slipSTORE)

Car:
1970 Porsche 914/6
Keywords: Off the Line, Good All Around
Horsepower: 220
Weight (lbs): 2216

Tune Information: Sort of similar to the above, but a more manageable drive. The 914's low centre of gravity and torquier engine give it similar off-line shove, but more predictable in corners. It'll top out fairly quickly, so places like Road America can pose issues. Circuits that offer a good blend of speed and corners are where this will shine.

012_drift_pontiac_solstice_gxp-t.png

(Shown in the stock orange available in-game)

Car:
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Tune Name: B600 GTPlanet
Keywords: Drift, Good for Speed
Horsepower: 458
Weight (lbs): 3245
PI Rating: B600
Style: Drift

Tune Information: Something a little different here. I've made something roughly like this in every game the Solstice has shown up: LS-swap, and roughly 600PI. It's such a malleable thing that I really enjoy just tossing it at corners. I've no idea if it's remotely competitive in the hoppers, but for just having fun, I wanted to share this!​

Back