Forza Motorsport 6 Color Creation Database [Constant Work in Progress]

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I

There's no need to rewrite the history books here so why even make an attempt? You're here for near accurate recreations of manufacturer colors to put on one, several, or all of your cars.

Getting accurate colors

KNN01.jpg

We're done right?

One of the things with creating logos is that you can lay down all the shapes you want but things sort of fall apart when your colors aren't accurate so we'll go a step further and try to get a bit more authenticity. Luckily, since FM3, we are able to fine tune our colors to get exactly what we want.

KNN02.jpg

Color dropper in photoshop. The values we're looking for are the HSB values in the top left (hue, saturation, brightness)

You'll need to use photoshop or another color selector tool and your original source image. You'll notice that the hue value is in degrees (0-360) while Forza uses 0-1.00. To convert basically divide the photoshop hue value by 360. For the example above you'd use 32/360 = 0.089.

KNN03.jpg

Inputting our eyedropped values. That looks better

KNN04.jpg

adjusted red value. See how different the default color was to our fine tuned?

And now, a word from your sponsor in 2011:

Now to take this one step further and get accurate manufacturer body color swatches, and while FM lacks the variety of color densities seen in GT5 it's main advantage is exactly this - being able to create (or modify) colors at any given point. For free. With that said let's get things moving, shall we?

It should be noted beforehand that while the calculations involved are effective, they are not going to be 100% precise. You will have to adjust the ranges as necessary until you've acquired the desired color and/or effect - a bit of trial and error if you prefer. You can also take the colors available directly in the game and translate them here, however, it's imperative that it's listed under the name of the color... or at least the closest you can find according to the year of the vehicle.

Legend

L (Left): The foremost first click.
M (Middle): The foremost middle click.
R (Right): The foremost last click before advancing to the next number.

Color Creation Worksheet

(Current Color Count: 576)

Let those requests start pouring in. Be forewarned, I'm juggling eleventy games at the moment so all I request is a little bit of patience if I'm unable to get the color done the day you request it, and I also may miss a request or two while dealing with other things so if your request hasn't been fulfilled within a few days feel free to remind me!

Last edited:
Glad to see this. Even though F6 is my first Forza game in a while, I found myself reading these threads every so often when I had nothing to do. Great stuff!

I tried applying some old colors to cars but I've noticed that most values don't seem to have a "middle" value anymore. In fact I haven't come across any yet, though I haven't exactly been looking. Shouldn't change things too much but it's worth looking into.

Glad to see this. Even though F6 is my first Forza game in a while, I found myself reading these threads every so often when I had nothing to do. Great stuff!

I tried applying some old colors to cars but I've noticed that most values don't seem to have a "middle" value anymore. In fact I haven't come across any yet, though I haven't exactly been looking. Shouldn't change things too much but it's worth looking into.

That's been the case since FM5, however, considering some very well still play FM4 it's best left the way it is at the moment. 👍

Not sure whether you guys can help me but I wouldn't mind painting my Corvette Z06's in Atomic Orange, however it's hard to get a consistent picture as it looks different in varying lighting conditions. Hope these photos help.

2007-Chevrolet-Corvette-Atomic-Orange-2LZ-Borla-Exhaust-1G1YY26E775121804-1.jpg

DSC02505.JPG

2009-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-Atomic-Orange-1G1YZ26E895113615.jpg

Atomic Orange [Chevrolet]

Color 1

Hue: 0.7L
Brightness: 1.00R
Saturation: 0.95R

Color 2

Hue: 0.4L
Brightness: 0.76R
Saturation: 0.83R

*Use metal flake. You can adjust each color by pressing X or Y.

About time you started this again. I think the colors from the other color chart can be applied to this.

I've found a lot of the old FM4 values don't transfer over entirely accurately. I needed to tinker with my old faithful, Estorilblau, to get it looking right, and two oranges I tried from BMW and Audi (forget the former, Glutorange for the latter), looked way off.

I'll report back with more detailed stuff tomorrow. 👍

Polestar Blue [Volvo]

Color 1

Hue: 0.55L
Brightness: 0.87R
Saturation: 0.90L

*Use any normal color. Adjust by pressing X.

Atomic Gold [Nissan]

Color 1

Hue: 0.13R
Brightness: 0.46R
Saturation: 0.65R

Color 2

Hue: 0.12L
Brightness: 0.48L
Saturation: 0.53R

*Use metal flake. You can adjust each color by pressing X or Y.

Liquid Blue [Ford]

Color 1

Hue: 0.55L
Brightness: 1.00R
Saturation: 0.75L

Color 2

Hue: 0.60L
Brightness: 0.84L
Saturation: 0.57R

*Use two-tone polished. You can adjust each color by pressing X or Y.

Liquid Blue is one tricky color to manage correctly. Not only is it only a show-car color (at least currently) Ford states it's multiple layers of paints which makes it a little difficult trying to find a lighter base color which can transition into another, darker shade of blue.

While this isn't the closest I can match to the real deal, it is the closest I've been able to manage after about 45 minutes of damn near running everything ragged.

Nice additions. I recognize the name from the official forums, welcome. 👍

I thought that I could contribute a bit aswell. Here's my first one.
Green Evny (Ford Fiesta ST):

Hue - 0.26
Saturation - 0.49
Brightness - 0.89

So this is Shmee150's McLaren 675LT MSO Blue colour, Cerulean Blue. :)

McLaren Cerulean Blue (MSO):
BASE H: 0.59R
BASE S: 1.00R
BASE B: 0.68L
FLAKE H: 0.56L
FLAKE S: 0.71R
FLAKE B: 1.00R

11374412_1625193334413492_746867166_n.jpgMcLaren Cerulean Blue MSO.pngMcLaren Cerulean Blue MSO II.png

Last edited:
I wish there was some sort of savable swatches so that way I can save all the ones I like. It's something that's definitely needed and would make things a lot easier when using a custom color.

Last edited:
I wish there was some sort of savable swatches so that way I can save all the ones I like. It's something that's definitely needed and would make things a lot easier when using a custom color.

Not that it's much easier, but "re-applying" a paint will save it in recently used ones, instead of editing the numbers again.

Not that it's much easier, but "re-applying" a paint will save it in recently used ones, instead of editing the numbers again.
Yeah I've noticed that, but I was mostly speaking in terms of trying to paint a new car while being fresh on the system. I would love to spend some time and save a boatload of my favorite paints and be able to select through those at any time, whether if I just opened up the game, or I've been playing for a while.

The idea came to last night when I was using all of those Mclaren paints, and then went to go watch a movie. When I came back, I had to restart my game so I lost all the paints that I was creating.

True. As long as you do not leave the game or turn it off, the recent created colors will be in there. You just have to hit RB all the way to the right and it will say something like "Recent colors".

Yeah I've noticed that, but I was mostly speaking in terms of trying to paint a new car while being fresh on the system. I would love to spend some time and save a boatload of my favorite paints and be able to select through those at any time, whether if I just opened up the game, or I've been playing for a while.
Yes that would be nice to just save a paint color. Instead of re-creating it each time we get into the game each day.

Latest Posts

Back