SLR Video Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 131 comments
@Aaron Mcbride

I have once again cleaned out the un-need quotes from your posts, as I mentioned before these hammer the connection of members who are not fortunate enough to have a great connection and also impact on the hosting of the site as a whole.

It is your responsibility to look after your own quotes, not mine, and as such going forward I will not correct them, I will simply delete them (as I do not have the time to do this daily). I'm sorry to have to make this public, but I have asked you once via PM and nothing has changed, so I hope this will make it a little clearer.

@Aaron Mcbride

I have once again cleaned out the un-need quotes from your posts, as I mentioned before these hammer the connection of members who are not fortunate enough to have a great connection and also impact on the hosting of the site as a whole.

It is your responsibility to look after your own quotes, not mine, and as such going forward I will not correct them, I will simply delete them (as I do not have the time to do this daily). I'm sorry to have to make this public, but I have asked you once via PM and nothing has changed, so I hope this will make it a little clearer.
What do you mean quotes I haven't done any quotes all I've done is upload videos

What do you mean quotes I haven't done any quotes all I've done is upload videos
And in 90% of the posts you have made you have quoted either yourself or another members video.

I've just spent 20minutes going in and editing them out for you, both here and in the Project Cars video thread, the audit log for the site, the PM conversation in which I mentioned it too you, and I'm fairly certain every other members memory) clearly shows as much.

The choice is quite simple, you can either carry on as you have been, in which case the staff will delete any post which quotes another video that it doesn't need to (and this will lead to formal warnings) or you can take more care and ensure you are not doing it in the future.

And in 90% of the posts you have made you have quoted either yourself or another members video.

I've just spent 20minutes going in and editing them out for you, both here and in the Project Cars video thread, the audit log for the site, the PM conversation in which I mentioned it too you, and I'm fairly certain every other members memory) clearly shows as much.

The choice is quite simple, you can either carry on as you have been, in which case the staff will delete any post which quotes another video that it doesn't need to (and this will lead to formal warnings) or you can take more care and ensure you are not doing it in the future.
You need to explain "As I was told you press the reply at the bottom of someone's video and that's how you upload
@Aaron Mcbride

What are quotes ? I was told you hit reply on someone else's video to upload your own video This is not right?

You need to explain "As I was told you press the reply at the bottom of someone's video and that's how you upload

What are quotes ? I was told you hit reply on someone else's video to upload your own video This is not right?
I now know what I'm doing nobody had explained to me that I had to scroll to bottom of page to post videos But a friend has now explained it to me Hopefully there should be no more problems if there is I will leave group

Last edited by a moderator:

I now know what I'm doing nobody had explained to me that I had to scroll to bottom of page to post videos But a friend has now explained it to me Hopefully there should be no more problems if there is I will leave group
No one wants you to leave, all we want is your posts to not cause any problems.

Posting videos I'd actually very straightforward, you just need to copy and paste the url for the YouTube video straight into your post (no need to quote anything). The site sorts out the rest for you.

No one wants you to leave, all we want is your posts to not cause any problems.

Posting videos I'd actually very straightforward, you just need to copy and paste the url for the YouTube video straight into your post (no need to quote anything). The site sorts out the rest for you.
Thanks I'm aware of that now nobody had explained to me how to post videos I thought you just pressed reply on anybody's so I guess that's called quoting But a friend who is also in your group explained it to me properly so sorry for any inconvenience I've caused I just had no idea how to use the trend

So I've been dying to get Dirt Rally, but I just can't afford it right now, and I have limited time. So I decided to download the SLR demo. I played it quite a bit and HATED the handling. I just couldn't do it.

Then I switched to hood view, and I was immediately. I was getting times around 4:07, and then I got to 4:03 and came first with the AI on medium. I used like 2 rewinds.

Then I kept trying to beat the course with no rewinds, no assists (feels much better, but can be difficult as well), and coming first and I finally did it after a million tries. I would always screw up on one turn only, ruining the run.

This was pretty fun. I would consider getting this game, but the consensus seems to be that Dirt Rally is better and I just can't buy two games. I'll be sure to pick this game up down the line one day.

My Run:

Fiesta R5 at the Monte, clean stage right up to the end when I clipped the barrier (twice).

'TV cam' with in-car PiP.

1080P PS4 Pro footage

From that video I cannot tell if there has been an improvement to the recording of the PS4 pro. Maybe because I haven't watched a lot of SLRE gameplay so I'm not picking up on the finer details. I know it's now able to record and stream up to 1080p, but do you notice an improvement over the regular PS4 Scaff?

From that video I cannot tell if there has been an improvement to the recording of the PS4 pro. Maybe because I haven't watched a lot of SLRE gameplay so I'm not picking up on the finer details. I know it's now able to record and stream up to 1080p, but do you notice an improvement over the regular PS4 Scaff?
While the PS4 is supposed to only improve image quality when the software has been patched (which SLRE hasn't been).

However I swear it doesn't look quite as blurry at times as it did, but it could just be placebo.

I've really gotta get back into this. I haven't played it in ages. The terrible graphics, sounds, and badly stuttering replays turned me off after a while. The physics are really top notch though, about on a par with DR for me, though each game has it's strengths and weaknesses.

First ever go at it - full H shifter and all.

It's as good to drive as it is awful to look at. FFB is way better than DiRT Rally in my opinion as well.

Already fell in love with the little 106 Rallye.

EDIT: here's another video, Rallycross this time.

Last edited:
Back