SLR Video Thread

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 131 comments
How are you finding it with a wheel?

I have big difficulties putting the game down since I connected the wheel. The driving experience has been fantastic so far. I have only ran Pikes Peak so I can't judge de gravel handling put when racing on the tarmac, the feedback through the wheel is subtle. Understeer due to the weight pushing towards the outside is noticable and also the oversteer lets itself catch nicely. The steering has a very small deadzone but now I don't even notice it anymore. The only minus I could find so far is applying the brakes. The engine noise is rather low and when braking I would like to have that engine a bit louder and also a bit more pedal resistance would be nice. I wonder though if that is an issue of the game or simply the lower end pedals that come with the T150.

I don't complain though because the difference with controller and wheel in this game is worlds apart. The controller has a lot more nervous feel to it while with the wheel you can drive your car sharp and much more towards the edge.

Did a run with the 405 in the beginning of the afternoon and it just kept saying don't stop...don't stooooopppp

Here a another run from the careermode:

I have big difficulties putting the game down since I connected the wheel. The driving experience has been fantastic so far. I have only ran Pikes Peak so I can't judge de gravel handling put when racing on the tarmac, the feedback through the wheel is subtle. Understeer due to the weight pushing towards the outside is noticable and also the oversteer lets itself catch nicely. The steering has a very small deadzone but now I don't even notice it anymore. The only minus I could find so far is applying the brakes. The engine noise is rather low and when braking I would like to have that engine a bit louder and also a bit more pedal resistance would be nice. I wonder though if that is an issue of the game or simply the lower end pedals that come with the T150.

I don't complain though because the difference with controller and wheel in this game is worlds apart. The controller has a lot more nervous feel to it while with the wheel you can drive your car sharp and much more towards the edge.

Did a run with the 405 in the beginning of the afternoon and it just kept saying don't stop...don't stooooopppp

Here a another run from the careermode:

You can cheaply mod the T150 brake pedal, I did it when I had mine. Let me see if I can find the details on it.

Here you go.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/diy-thrustmaster-t300-10-brake-mod.324479/

There is such a potential on the rallycross of SLRE... Problem is the AI is rubish and there isn't enough people online to create a league or a group of clean people. SLRE with the AI of Dirt Rally would be magnificent.

This is another tight ending online

Loeb's Record :bowdown:

Never thought I would manage to beat this after the Loeb Experience. The wheel however changed everything for me for beating his record. I tried to drive as tidy as possible but still there are a couple of mistakes. Probably can go a bit faster but need some more dedication and memorisation for the track to achieve that.

Forgive me for double-posting, but since the thread is really quiet it seems inevitable. Anyway, here are five more.

I've now beaten him on one stage from each rally. It's interesting to see how inconsistent he is, but that's understandable. I can't imagine they would lock him up for a week trying to get the perfect time on all 64 stages.

The other fun thing about racing Loeb's ghost is it really gives you a feel for how different all of the cars are. I am a bit surprised by how "easy" it seems to beat him on some of the stages. In the future I might nerf myself by using lower car classes to see how that goes.

T300 Cam footage.

One of the hardest things to explain about why SLRE is so damn good is the FFB and physics, and as the cockpit cam it so damn 'full of hands' most use dash or bonnet cam, so the wheel almost never gets shown.

As such I thought I would grab some footage from my T300 alongside some bonnet and replay footage.

R2 Fiesta in Australia.

Back