Small bugs/annoyances which need to be fixed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jweaver
  • 45 comments
  • 3,169 views
Messages
100
Has anyone put together a list of annoying bugs which would be simple to fix.. I am surprised that even after the SpecII and 2nd update, there are still some really silly things in GT5P which are obvious and should be easy to fix.

If no one has done this, then perhaps this is a start.. For me, the things I would like fixed are (and the point is that these are easy/obvious things to fix.. Not a list of big changes, such as penalties, online, etc):

1. When you watch a reply, it should got back to the list of tracks/cars/replays rather than the main menu. If there is a reason why it should go back to the main menu, then it should alteast remember the last car/track/physics/mode you select.

2. When you are playing the Time Trial, and get a lap record, a little box appears on the right, telling you the position that you are at.. But the font is too big (or the box too small) so the text runs overuns and you can't read it.

3. You can't re-assing the controls for Player 2.

I am sure there are more, but thats the 3 which spring to mind for now..

Anyone else?

Jon
 
The text box is on the left with me here, can read everything what it says and stands for.

You're wright about the replay thougg, found that that is very annoying to try and check back to back replays!
 
The text box is on the left with me here, can read everything what it says and stands for.

Sorry.. You are right.. Its on the left.. But in my case, the text is wider than the box.. So you don't actually see your position.. I am not wrong am I? I thought everyone would see this!!

It says something like "Your current position: 145", but the edge of the box blocks off the number, so you just see something like "Your current position: 14" with a few pixels of the 5 showing!

Jon
 
I dont like Split screen Replay in 2player battle:grumpy:
Why cant they fix it
 
I have a problem with my date and time fonts on the game. It is stuck on April the 4th, even though the time and date on my actual system is correct. It annoys me because I believe it plays a part in the game
 
when inside the ford gt cockpit at certain tracks the HDR is turned way up and it appears to be cloudy at sunny tracks
 
I have a problem with my date and time fonts on the game. It is stuck on April the 4th, even though the time and date on my actual system is correct. It annoys me because I believe it plays a part in the game

It is a bit strange the way the lay out the calendar IMO but the '4' is the number of the month. It is not the day, the day is underscored in the calender.
 
IMO, the penalty system needs to be majorly overhauled. The punishments do not fit the crimes at ALL.

5 seconds, seriously 5 F-ing seconds for going off course for a fraction of a second or grazing a wall to the extent of it not even affecting the car??!?!!?!?

An AI car hits me and I get a collision penalty?!?!?!?!?!?

If I do happen to go off course, tap a wall, or get hit by an AI controlled car, it sure as hell doesn't give me a 3-5 second advantage.

With the number of race options Polyphony has given us, not being able to turn off or at least tweak the [heavily flawed] penalty system is a huge oversight.

Oh, one more thing, the cars turning invisible when under a penalty, DUMBEST IDEA EVER. Next time you're on Suzuka don't brake going into the first corner, just ram into one of the cars, and roll through anything in your path through the turn. Its a great way to gain 3 or 4 positions :dunce:
 
I've noticed a small bug with the downforce settings in QTS. It might not even be a bug, but it seems a little strange to me to not be a bug.

When you alter the downforce settings on any car, you can change them generally by 10 or 15 'degrees'. not all degrees have a point cost, and sometimes you can get one or two degrees with only the cost of one point, sometimes none at all!

It is when the degree goes up (or down) and cost no points that the bug seems to take effect. From my observations, and experimentations, I have managed to swap the 'free' degree from the front to the back or vice versa. It can't be done indefinitely, but for a small cost of a point on one side, you can add up to two points on the opposite side.

Like I say, this may be how the downforce settings work, but it seems a little out of step with the way the other settings work in QTS. 👍
 
@magburner

I'd imagine there's a fractional part to the points system but it only displays whole numbers.
 
One thing i would like to see in gt5, is when you are playing the single player races. It would be nice if after you finish a race you didn't have to go clear back to the main menu to start your next race. I wish after you won it would be like gt4 in the series races and you could go straight to the next available race, regardless if it is a series race or not. ex. Like the American races in A class. After I win or finish third, let me go onto the next American race. Don't make me quit and go clear back to the main screen.
Just an idea to make the game run a little smoother. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement either.
 
I do not know if this has been noted by anyone else yet, and yes I have done a search to no avail, but my Cars have changed colour :ouch:

For example I bought the Ferrari F430 in Red, naturally, it is now white !

Huh ?

My Black Mines Skyline and Titanium GT-R have also become white.
Weird.

I have an Aussie PAL version.
 
I had a red Mazda RX-7 turn silver. Sold it and bought one in red again. Hope this doesn't happen again. :sick:
 
I dont like Split screen Replay in 2player battle:grumpy:
Why cant they fix it
The horizontal split?

Why don't you like the split screen?

Also if I were in a ramming position(to be rammed), I would use the ramming as a advantage if I was on a straightway.

I once got rammed I went from 180mph to 230mph and won the race in my Nissan R35 GTR '07.
 
Gt Games use to have Full Screen Replay in 2player battle
now its split screen Replay
Theres no online replay to
Thats the point of Gt The cars looks damn good in Replay
 
3. You can't re-assing the controls for Player 2.
Yes, you can. Navigate to the options menu using the 2nd controller, then change the settings. After changing it should work for the 2nd controller as well. Not the most intuitive way, but it works. In short: you can't change the settings for controller 2 with controller 1. ;)
 
Before completing the B-8 ? gold, (GT-R TT), I download a top 10 replay for practise. I could not believe it, the driver hit the outside wall at Turn 2 flatout, did not slow down that much, and then made a complete mess of the two most important (and skill requirement) corners before going on to get his time.

So I tried it, and was amazed and very saddened as to how fast I came off that wall. Going down the main straight it was clear I would probably have got a number 1 time, but pulled out.

All the online ranked TTs need a penalty system, and if there is one in place it is not working for the GT-R HSR TT.
 
I think you will find that once you go into the options menu with the 2nd controller it no longer can navigate.
Yes, you can. Navigate to the options menu using the 2nd controller, then change the settings. After changing it should work for the 2nd controller as well. Not the most intuitive way, but it works. In short: you can't change the settings for controller 2 with controller 1. ;)
 
Yes, you can. Navigate to the options menu using the 2nd controller, then change the settings. After changing it should work for the 2nd controller as well. Not the most intuitive way, but it works. In short: you can't change the settings for controller 2 with controller 1. ;)

Really? Are you sure? I was under the impression that there was no way to change P2s controls.. I thought that using the 2nd controller to navigate the menus might be the way, but from memory, the 2nd controller doesn't even work in the menus!

So I posted a question here several weeks ago and it was confirmed that it was an oversight!

Jon
 
I changed the controller options for the 2nd controller, no problem.
 
All the online ranked TTs need a penalty system, and if there is one in place it is not working for the GT-R HSR TT.

HSR too!? Daytona Speedway is the worst offender. I've set a good clean lap time of 47.332, only to be beaten by wall riders who haven't got a setup for the track whatsoever. on both these tracks, any colision with a wall should be an automatic penalty! 👍
 
There are more places where the penalties should actually be raised to 10 seconds or something like that. Especially in Suzuka, where in some turns it's actually quite a good deal to get a penalty for smashing someone into the kitty litter, since you have to brake there anyway.
 
My biggest gripe has to be the penalty system. I race sims on the PC. In general, the hard core sim racer crowd is much more courteous and cautious. (ie, if someone accidentally knocks you off track, they slow down and allow you to pass them after you recover...and so forth.)

In a console environment, I really don't expect quite the same behavior. I DO, however, expect the penalty system to work FOR and not AGAINST me.

Here are some examples:

**I "own" the proper racing line. While slowing for a turn, I get rear-ended and pushed off the track. I GET PENALIZED FOR SHORT-CUTTING THE TRACK.

**A couple of cars in front of me are playing "bumper cars" or are just driving erratically. They crash and the two cars "turn transparent". Because they are transparent as I approach them, I know that I can "run right through them" and continue my race. WRONG!!! THE CARS ALL OF A SUDDEN TURN SOLID, I CRASH INTO THEM AT THE LAST SECOND, AND GET THE PENALTY.

**The penalty for going off track and hitting barriers is not consistent. MANY TIMES, I HAVE GONE OFF TRACK OR HIT A BARRIER. (usually my own fault :) ) IT IS VERY INCONSISTENT AS TO WHETHER OR NOT I GET THE PENALTY.

A good example is the fast left turn leading into the tight S (Casio Triangle) at the end of Suzuka. Sometimes I carry too much speed and swing out too wide off of this corner and do not get penalized even though I deserve it. Sometimes I swing out a little and get back on track quickly (and earlier), but still get the penalty.

Same goes for the Casio Triangle barriers. I usually cringe here because I frequently get rear-ended and pushed forward into the barrier as I slow for the tight S. After hitting the barrier, I get penalized for being rear-ended...but it is hit or miss. I have been pushed into the wall with great force with no consequences. Other times I am tapped from behind, tap the wall, and I get penalized.

I will be quite happy if PD can fix these penalty issues.
 
I just thought of another thing.. I hate the fact that you have to go right back to the top menu for it to save.

Several times, I have finished a race, and then 'shutdown' the PS3 without exiting..... But thats my fault and I can't really blame the game.. But I think it should 'save' after every race.

But there is actually a bug, which needs to be fixed.. Last week, I was playing with a friend on the F430 on the Rally stage.. We managed to set a lap and both tried to beat it... In the end, we gave up, he went home and I turned off.

Last night, I decided to have a go at beating his best lap.. When I looked at the leaderboard, there was no lap time and then I remembered that I probably didn't save it.. But.. When I started the TimeTrial, my 'best online time' was there... This is because when you finish a timetrial it registers your time with the server, but if you haven't saved, the 2 end up out of step.

This isn't a problem if you know what car you did the lap with.. But if you don't, then you have no way of knowing what you have to do to beat the time!

Its only a minor issue, but it does cause problems/confusion if you have laps on the server, which arnt' in your own leaderboard!

Jon
 
My biggest gripe has to be the penalty system. I race sims on the PC. In general, the hard core sim racer crowd is much more courteous and cautious. (ie, if someone accidentally knocks you off track, they slow down and allow you to pass them after you recover...and so forth.)

In a console environment, I really don't expect quite the same behavior. I DO, however, expect the penalty system to work FOR and not AGAINST me.

Here are some examples:

**I "own" the proper racing line. While slowing for a turn, I get rear-ended and pushed off the track. I GET PENALIZED FOR SHORT-CUTTING THE TRACK.

**A couple of cars in front of me are playing "bumper cars" or are just driving erratically. They crash and the two cars "turn transparent". Because they are transparent as I approach them, I know that I can "run right through them" and continue my race. WRONG!!! THE CARS ALL OF A SUDDEN TURN SOLID, I CRASH INTO THEM AT THE LAST SECOND, AND GET THE PENALTY.

**The penalty for going off track and hitting barriers is not consistent. MANY TIMES, I HAVE GONE OFF TRACK OR HIT A BARRIER. (usually my own fault :) ) IT IS VERY INCONSISTENT AS TO WHETHER OR NOT I GET THE PENALTY.

A good example is the fast left turn leading into the tight S (Casio Triangle) at the end of Suzuka. Sometimes I carry too much speed and swing out too wide off of this corner and do not get penalized even though I deserve it. Sometimes I swing out a little and get back on track quickly (and earlier), but still get the penalty.

Same goes for the Casio Triangle barriers. I usually cringe here because I frequently get rear-ended and pushed forward into the barrier as I slow for the tight S. After hitting the barrier, I get penalized for being rear-ended...but it is hit or miss. I have been pushed into the wall with great force with no consequences. Other times I am tapped from behind, tap the wall, and I get penalized.

I will be quite happy if PD can fix these penalty issues.
Word.

After last night's GT5 session, I've decided I'm going to keep the game until the next patch and if the penalty system is not addressed in anyway (Or if said fix is just as bad), its gone.

Its a SEVERELY faulted system and if it sees no correction by the time GT5 comes out, I'll be passing on that too.

Its very unfortunate that something this good has to be ruined by something stupid like this.
 
HSR too!? Daytona Speedway is the worst offender. I've set a good clean lap time of 47.332, only to be beaten by wall riders who haven't got a setup for the track whatsoever. on both these tracks, any colision with a wall should be an automatic penalty! 👍
I tried the HSR Time Trial in my Evo X (tuned). I was getting more proficient as the laps went by and got a clean ranking of 31st place. I tried several more laps and could not catch my ghost. I tried a more aggressive line on the first hard left-hand turn before the bridge and hit the outside wall pretty hard, and I was now clearly behind my ghost.

When I hit the sector mark at the bridge, I was very surprised to find out that I was 0.252 seconds ahead of my best time, as my ghost was clearly visible making the right-hand turn in front of me. I completed the lap and my online ranking improved considerably despite the fact that I crossed the finish line well behind the ghost car. Something went haywire in that run.
 
Can we leave discussion about the penatly system to another thread...

We all know its flawed, but its a fairly big task to correct this.. I wanted this thread to be about annoying/silly/simple bugs which PD may be able to easily fix.

Jon
 
Sorry, it just stands out to me as the single most glaringly bad factor of this game.
 
Back