Small bugs/annoyances which need to be fixed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jweaver
  • 45 comments
  • 3,169 views
Sorry, it just stands out to me as the single most glaringly bad factor of this game.

I 100% agree with you... I can't stand it when I am pushing hard and stick one wheel on the grass a penalty and then another time, make a complete c**k up, go right across a corner and get nothing.

But I just wanted this thread to be about little annoying bugs, rather than major and fundimental failures of the game!

Jon
 
I just thought of another thing.. I hate the fact that you have to go right back to the top menu for it to save.

Several times, I have finished a race, and then 'shutdown' the PS3 without exiting..... But thats my fault and I can't really blame the game.. But I think it should 'save' after every race.
Go into your options and under Miscellaneous (or is it Utilities) there is an option for auto-save.

It probably saves too often, but you won't lose anything that way.
 
Go into your options and under Miscellaneous (or is it Utilities) there is an option for auto-save.

It probably saves too often, but you won't lose anything that way.

Autosave is already set.. But the point is that it won't save until you exit right back out to the main menu. If you finish a race or event and don't exit back to the main menu (and simply just quit or shutdown the system) then it doesn't save!

Jon
 
I changed the controller options for the 2nd controller, no problem.

Are you 100% sure.. If you use the 2nd controller and go into the 'Options', you can't even navigate around the menus!

The only controller which will let you go through the menus is the 1st controller!

Jon
 
Autosave is already set.. But the point is that it won't save until you exit right back out to the main menu. If you finish a race or event and don't exit back to the main menu (and simply just quit or shutdown the system) then it doesn't save!

Jon

Ah, I see, As I have auto-save off on every game that will allow it I just have a habit of always saving before I ever exit a game.
 
Lack of quick tune in arcade timetrial.

What were PD thinking about?

I'm sure it wouldn't take 2 lines of code to include this glaring omission.
 
I'm actually glad there is no quick tune in arcade time trial. It means, using the same car, i'm only ever going to be beaten by someone who can drive better than me.
 
I'm actually glad there is no quick tune in arcade time trial. It means, using the same car, i'm only ever going to be beaten by someone who can drive better than me.

👍 I 100% agree with this post 👍
 
So if they included it you'd only be beaten by people who can drive and tune better than you.

I see the point for online rankings but in all the previous (non-online) versions this was the part of the game that kept me coming back. Tweaking the setup until I could shave .01 of a second off my best gt40 time on Laguna Seca.

It's especially pants when one takes into consideration how horrifically set up most of the default cars are. They've all but killed ghost-mode for me.

And I'm sorry but I don't find LAG-ridden online dodgem fests a worthwhile alternative :grumpy:
 
My problem is the penalties, specifically Time Trials. I'm all for penalties, don't get me wrong, it's great we have them to discourage poor driving...

HOWEVER!

It only works when it's implemented correctly, and it isn't. I don't think I've seen a top spot on London where the driver didn't collide with a wall and stall his engine out. I mean, if you can put a penalty system where you hit a wall it's a DQ lap, than how hard is it to say if you EVER hit a wall it's a DQ? The penalties are way too inconsistent to be worthwhile, and I'm the type of person who wants it done right, or not at all. I want them, but I want them to work.

When they do work, I still don't understand the point of the engine limiter. If you've already done the worst thing possible, DQ my lap time, why bother? It's like screwing me twice. Hey, that lap was all for nothing. By the way, 30 MPH for 5 seconds. What?! Please don't even get me started on "Next Lap Invalidated" if you screw up close to the finish line. That's just messed up. I haven't even started the lap, and it's already no good? Do you just want me to restart? I mean, I'm really not going to do two laps of Suzuka for nothing because I was penalized on one lap.
 
So if they included it you'd only be beaten by people who can drive and tune better than you.

I see the point for online rankings but in all the previous (non-online) versions this was the part of the game that kept me coming back. Tweaking the setup until I could shave .01 of a second off my best gt40 time on Laguna Seca.

It's especially pants when one takes into consideration how horrifically set up most of the default cars are. They've all but killed ghost-mode for me.

And I'm sorry but I don't find LAG-ridden online dodgem fests a worthwhile alternative :grumpy:

I get what you mean and i agree up to a point. It isn't called the real 'tuning' simulator though. It takes more skill to get a certain time out of a unmodified car than it does to put R tyres on, copy settings from here or elsewhere and beat that time by 10 seconds. I'm not suggesting you would do that but if polyphony take away that option then we know for sure that everyone is competing using their own skills i.e they can't copy settings that someone else has come up with.

Obviously there are lots of people (probably the majority actually) like you that take pleasure in setting the cars up and getting the fastest possible times, I do too on occasion. Maybe it would be better if QTS was available for time trial but had separate leader boards for people that don't change the settings?
eg, a standard leaderboard for unmodified car times and an overall leaderboard for everything. Might make it a little more crowded but it would keep everyone happy.

EDIT: I agree 100% about your last point, polyphony can stick the online stuff up their jacksie.
 
Yeah - Two leaderboards - great idea! It's not like I'm a nazi or anything, to each his own.

I'd just rather drive the best I can in a car that's set up, properly and to my style.

Imagine formula1 if the cars were set up by PD :)
 
So if they included it you'd only be beaten by people who can drive and tune better than you.

I see the point for online rankings but in all the previous (non-online) versions this was the part of the game that kept me coming back. Tweaking the setup until I could shave .01 of a second off my best gt40 time on Laguna Seca.

It's especially pants when one takes into consideration how horrifically set up most of the default cars are. They've all but killed ghost-mode for me.

And I'm sorry but I don't find LAG-ridden online dodgem fests a worthwhile alternative :grumpy:
I see what you are saying, because you can't even test a tuned car in time trial. So, as you said either two leaderboards (one standard, one tuned) or a free run mode that doesn't affect leaderboards at all.
 
I experieced something unusual today.

I was racing the HSR in my Amuse S2000. At the rolling start I was in nineth out of eleven racers. When the camera pans round to the cars coming onto the start/ finish straight, I saw my car spin out of control and hit the wall before it had even crossed the start line.

It then took about 30 seconds for the computer to straighten my car back up, get it back on track and cross the start line so I had control of my car.

By this time I was half a lap downand had no chance of catching anyone. Luckily few people dropped out so I still got a 6th place.

I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this glitch?
 
What the TheStalker29 just mentioned +1

Also, a number of times racing online now I have been racing closely with someone, then without me ever making actual contact, they fly off the track as though I hit them. (It makes out I hit them when I don't). It makes me feel bad for ramming them, but I didn't!
 
What the TheStalker29 just mentioned +1

Also, a number of times racing online now I have been racing closely with someone, then without me ever making actual contact, they fly off the track as though I hit them. (It makes out I hit them when I don't). It makes me feel bad for ramming them, but I didn't!

Sounds like dodgy netcode and/or lag. I'm not over enamored with this whole peer to peer business, surely PD can stick their hands in their pockets and come up with some dedicated servers.

Even if this was included as an option it'd allow things like private clan servers and proper leagues and stuff.
 
Back