Small rant regarding Seasoned events

  • Thread starter Thread starter theofilosz
  • 39 comments
  • 3,057 views

theofilosz

(Banned)
Messages
409
Greece
Greece
Messages
the0f1l0s
I am all in for doing the Seasoned events but I have a small problem with it. As you know they have max horsepower restrictions and the problem is this:

The max horsepower is below what the car will be, if you oil change, before you use it. As you know if you use the car w/o oil change even once you can't get that horse power boost with an oil change after. So this means you are left with lower horsepower cars after you do the seasoned events.

I know a small problem but a bit irritating just for the fact once I buy the cars I will have weaker versions than if I buy new ones and oil change.

Unless i have understood something wrong, which I would be glad if you could point.
 
Are you sure about that. I thought you could drive it a bit before you did it. It's always the first thing I do anyway. Besides if it doesn't work either sell it when done and buy another one. Or try and trade someone. I've done trades on my fully worked 458 that I used for races early on to get a stock 458. Same with a gt-r. I don't like driving some basterized version of These cars. If I want a faster car I'll just get into one.
 
With a Suzuki Swift sport I had I didn't oil change in start only after 3-4 races and the horse power was 125 even after I oil changed, when the dealer says 127. When you oil change you are always above dealer horsepower.

Can any one else verify this?
 
There are a few cars that come with the dealer rated horsepower. One being the Nissan Xanavi Z.

You basically have to deal with the restriction and then do an oil change after the event. It's no big problem at all and you should be able to finish the event with the "handicapped" horsepower.
 
There are a few cars that come with the dealer rated horsepower. One being the Nissan Xanavi Z.

You basically have to deal with the restriction and then do an oil change after the event. It's no big problem at all and you should be able to finish the event with the "handicapped" horsepower.

From what I have seen so far in the game after you finish the event (could mean 20-30 tries after all) you will not get the horse power back with an oil change since it will be used. Right?
 
In the 2 seasonal events I've done with the Fiat and the Honda you just add a sports filter that will get you the exact amount of horse power that is the limit in the race ...
 
In the 2 seasonal events I've done with the Fiat and the Honda you just add a sports filter that will get you the exact amount of horse power that is the limit in the race ...

Sorry but you might not have understood what I made this thread for :)
 
Just cuz you drive a car for a bit first doesn't mean you won't gain hp from an oil change.
 
I have a problem with a CR-Z that I was using for one of the race events that is no longer valid.

I was upgrading it, then I went back to the seasoned event, and it was restricted due to weight reduction! Weight reduction is irreversible so now I have to buy a new one :(
 
Just cuz you drive a car for a bit first doesn't mean you won't gain hp from an oil change.

Do you know that for a fact?

You used a car than oil changed and got the HP boost?
 
I had not thought of this... I just figured the max horsepower after oil change was always the same... I guess you could do an engine refresh but that's not exactly cost effective...

Have you tried this with more than that one car?
 
I dont think you can mess up the HP even if you dont do an oil change at the start. After you do an overhaul its always max HP for that car minues any gain from driving it, but you dot mess up whether you did oil change before driving or not.
In other words I dothik there is a way to mess up the HP
 
OK I will buy tonight 2x Fiat 500 and let u know how it goes.


FOR SCIENCE!!! :dopey:
 
Simple solution, don't do an oil change. Just bolt on a race air filter or an ecu or whatever takes you to the limit that way.
 
Do you know that for a fact?

You used a car than oil changed and got the HP boost?

I bought a Challenger for race 4, with no power upgrades at all. Once I won the race I changed the oil. The car is no longer eligible for the event - according to the garage list its peak power is 432bhp.

Of course, it's possible that the boost from changing oil immediately might have been greater, but I'm not prepared to waste credits testing that for you ;)
 
The effect the extra 2bhp makes on the race is neglible.

Suspension, weight reduction and drivetrain all benefit a lot more.
 
The effect the extra 2bhp makes on the race is neglible.

Suspension, weight reduction and drivetrain all benefit a lot more.

Quote for truth, less weight faster acceleration, better cornering, a few bhp here and there matters little when the whole field is limited to xxx bhp and it only varies a few hp here and there. Weight is a huge factor is you can get the weight down everything will work better, and if you spend a bit of time tuning the suspension you can get even better handling.
 
The effect the extra 2bhp makes on the race is neglible.

Suspension, weight reduction and drivetrain all benefit a lot more.

I agree. I'm breezing through these events now that I'm adding rigidity, improving suspension, drivetrain, and reducing weight. Using this principle I got gold on events 2,3 & 4 on my very first go by a margin of 4-5 seconds
 
I'm not too concerned about my brand new GT-R Vspec being slightly underpowered because of no oil change due to the fact that RL cars all vary in HP after some time of using. I never employed the 'fresh oil' trick on GT4 and not going to with '5.
It's nice you can do it but unless the car is a top spec racer where a few BHP will make all the difference. I don't bother too much.
(Not a rant or criticism, just my view)
 
What's wrong with the seasoned events? Are they much to salty or peppery for your taste?

While the oil change thing can be annoying, if you drive it in a few events or buy another one, you will be able to enter. And buying a new car doesn't put a dent in your wallet, it'll pay for itself.
 
No what he means is that if you dont oil change first your car will have 100% BHP but if you do an oil change before you drive it, the cars BHP becomes ~ 102%.

Once yuou have raced it and then do an oil change do you still get the 2% increase?

If not it means ill have a spec V, Challenger etc that really only have 98% of their optimal BHP that they would have done if id gone to change the oil before the event.

The question is, can you ever make up that 2% by oil changes after using the car?

Ill tell you shortly.

Oh and to those who say it doesnt matter, well not 2bhp on a Fiat 500 it doesnt but 20bhp on a spec v is a lot to lose..
 
No what he means is that if you dont oil change first your car will have 100% BHP but if you do an oil change before you drive it, the cars BHP becomes ~ 102%.

Once yuou have raced it and then do an oil change do you still get the 2% increase?

If not it means ill have a spec V, Challenger etc that really only have 98% of their optimal BHP that they would have done if id gone to change the oil before the event.

The question is, can you ever make up that 2% by oil changes after using the car?

Ill tell you shortly.

Oh and to those who say it doesnt matter, well not 2bhp on a Fiat 500 it doesnt but 20bhp on a spec v is a lot to lose..

Yes my friend that is exactly my concern and not a lot of people got it at first :)
 
I just don't get it.. first everyone is crying for new events, now there are a couple of new ones so now we cry because we cant change the oil...unbelievable
 
Yes my friend that is exactly my concern and not a lot of people got it at first

No I think most people get it, its just it doesn't really matter does it?

It's more of an exploit than a problem. I don't care what bhp the cars have give or take 5-10bhp (proportionately it will increase as the stock bhp increases) but by the same rationale, it won't make a huge difference.

At the end of the day the restraints are there and can be met almost exactly (anyone actually got a 1100kg CR-Z? - Not that you need one, that race is easy!) so to be honest having a small 'rant' about this doesn't really make much sense.

If you think this is something to rant about, wait until they introduce contact regulations in these events. That would make some of them seriously harder. (I'm not a bomb-header but I've rubbed a few on my way through).

This, however, is not even remotely an issue that concerns me.
 
I just don't get it.. first everyone is crying for new events, now there are a couple of new ones so now we cry because we cant change the oil...unbelievable

Yeah, to me it is such a very minor concern that it shouldnt warrant the mention. I'm really loving these events. I like the fact that you can't just turn up with a beast to blow away the competition. Plus it's encouraging me to buy some of the cars I havent got round to picking up yet. Great move by PD
 
It just concerns me that I will have to rebuy it and oil change in order to be max power :P.
 
Okay girls, the evidence is in:

Nissan GTR R35 Spev V -Oil changed - 501BHP
Nissan GTR R35 Spev V - Race air filter - 492BHP

After using the Race air filter model to complete the challenge and then doing an oil change:

Nissan GTR R35 Spev V - Race air filter - Was 492BHP Now 516BHP

So then i added a race air filter to the one that had an oil change before being used:

Nissan GTR R35 Spev V -Oil changed Was 501BHP Now 516BHP


So it doesnt matter if you change oil before or after some races with a NEW car as the HP gets unlocked anyway. Just dont drive it too far i guess before the first change.

Edit, i actually bought 2 Spec V to test this as i oil changed my first one pre event and was unable to enter. Then i wrote down the BHP and added the race airfilter to make equal mods with the other car which i had already added air filter and then raced with before changing the oil later.
 
Just dont drive it too far i guess before the first change.

What makes you say that? Because after a while it will decrease and the only way to get it back is an engine rebuild?
 
I did nearly 300kms on my silvia s13 before changing the oil and it has 405bhp now. I saw someone on here say just under 390bhp after a change, so i think the cars get more power the longer you drive them, up to a limit, but you only get you that extra power after an oil change.
 
Interesting facts. On the other hand I have the case of my suzuki swift sport that did not gain any power with the oil change at all. Does this mean a few races matter ??? What could be the magical number behind this. The suzuki certainly did not have more than 1.000 km
 
Back