Small rant regarding Seasoned events

  • Thread starter Thread starter theofilosz
  • 39 comments
  • 3,059 views
Interesting facts. On the other hand I have the case of my suzuki swift sport that did not gain any power with the oil change at all. Does this mean a few races matter ??? What could be the magical number behind this. The suzuki certainly did not have more than 1.000 km

I remember GT3 the magic number was 300kms, after that an oil change would stop adding any extra power.
 
Simple, dont change the oil on the thing. The cars arent underpowered for the events.
 
I remember GT3 the magic number was 300kms, after that an oil change would stop adding any extra power.

Up until 300km you got the same gain from oil change i presume?
 
Ok, here is my theory.....

You can't chain the oil before the event or té go boost will take you over to hp limit for the race. Change the oil after the race.

While PD has forced us into buying these cars and upgrading them, they do not accumulate mileage, so your odometer still reads 0.0, thus making it still a new car after the event. You can gain the hp boost afterwards.

I personally with the mileage would accumulate to show true mileage.
 
Ok, here is my theory.....

You can't chain the oil before the event or té go boost will take you over to hp limit for the race. Change the oil after the race.

While PD has forced us into buying these cars and upgrading them, they do not accumulate mileage, so your odometer still reads 0.0, thus making it still a new car after the event. You can gain the hp boost afterwards.

I personally with the mileage would accumulate to show true mileage.

OH special events do not count in your car's mileage? Than I guess problem solved :p
 
(anyone actually got a 1100kg CR-Z? - Not that you need one, that race is easy!)

Mine is 1115kg
Everything except for HP mods, so its 118hp to the 122 limit

Im actually having a hard time with this race. I added every non hp mod to the car but Im landing in 2nd each time. Rigidity gave me the biggest boost, and turning down traction control helped slightly.
Im running perfect lines, no collisions etc.
Any settings recommendations?
 
The oil change can be done at any time. The engine also gets more power after it has been driven a bit reaching max power at about 200 miles and fresh oil.
 
Up until 300km you got the same gain from oil change i presume?

Sorry, I don't get what you mean exactly. In GT3 you would gain power from every oil change before 300km, after that oil changes would make no difference to power. But in GT5 I didn't change the oil at all, until around 300km and i still got 405bhp which is more than what I saw other people get from the same car. Hope this answers your question.

I don't think it makes much difference when you change the oil, once you do it every 300kms or so.
 
Im actually having a hard time with this race. I added every non hp mod to the car but Im landing in 2nd each time. Rigidity gave me the biggest boost, and turning down traction control helped slightly.
Im running perfect lines, no collisions etc.
Any settings recommendations?

I too got 115kg after much fiddling trying to get less... And 122bhp on the nose. I also put a spoiler on the back (not that you need it, the back has more than enough grip - but its useful to reduce the downforce as this will help it turn in more after heavy braking).

Set-up was (roughly) as follows:

TCS:0
ABS:1

All other aids off (including the line).

Suspension: -10mm front and rear /

Spring rate: 5+ at the front about 5/4.8 on the rear (although soften the fronts if you're having diffculty turning in)

Dampers: 3 front / 2 rear

Camber: 1-1.5 front 0.5-0.7 rear

Aero: Reduce the rear to at least 10, even more if it doesn't turn in how you'd like.

LSD: Turn the braking sensitivity up a little (not sure this makes any difference but I had it on mine!).

Brake Balance: Standard, although I think this car would benefit from a 4/3 set-up... Trial & Error.

Basically I was in 2nd by the first corner of the 2nd lap. Late brake the first corner to get on the bumper of the 106, which should allow you to late brake him on the left (inside) to blast through that small chicane onto the Sirion. You should be able to pass this and the next Sirion before the end of the long swoopy right hander, then late brake as close (if not past) the CR-Z. From this point on, all the AI cars go much slower, it is here you will make up a lot of your time. The Yaris is much faster down the straight so basically if you're not in 1st by the last bend it probably won't happen.

I think I was about 3.5 seconds behind going into the fourth lap, by the end of the first corner, the Yaris had gained +1 second. I was past him just after the long swooping s-bend (on the red bit of road) on that lap. Had the last lap to just pootle about.

I hope this helps!

And back OT, I really don't understand why people are worrying (in any respect) about losing a few hp here and there. And if you are, you can rebuild the engine.
 
Back