Smaller tracks

  • Thread starter Thread starter James1985
  • 52 comments
  • 2,172 views
Messages
478
I hope in gt 4 they will have narrow tracks that are very techniquel so that smaller hot hatchs can be enjoyable to drive unlike gt3 were all the tracks are designed for larger more powerfull cars so small cars were boring Tracks Like autumn ring
 
Yeah GT3 needed some smaller tracks, Autumn ring in GT Concept is fun especially in the Jaguar S Type R, nearly possible to do the entire circuit sideways :)
 
I use to enjoy a quick spin round motorsport land in GT2. Its a very short and twisty track that was great fun to drive....even if it was only avaliable in arcade mode free run....it would have been a great place to hold some OLR sprint events in GT3 hopefully they will feature this track again in GT4 as a handling test circuit
 
a well driven hot hatch on smaller roads and more techniquel course can easily keep up with cars such as 911s which cost 10 times as much
 
Basically including:

Rome Short Course
Seattle Short Course
Autumn Ring
Autumn Ring Mini
Grand Valley East

Motorsports Land? :)
 
I do love a thrash down a good old british country lane :D for a game impementation point of view that would have to be carried out in a rally type mode i think (but with out the dirt).
 
they are some of the best i am lucky enougth to live near loads good ones but they are the best just whent for a rag now heating up those tyres proberly but i think like a rally stage with tamac is a good idea. Hope they have that or some thing close to it. So people round the world can experiance those heart stoping moments that usally happen.
 
Have you seen the course layout for the Grand Canyon? That looks seriously long. So i beleive they will put some short tracks in as well.
 
how long is it in miles is it a lap or is it a point to point track

I think they should have a track like this. Maybe have it as a test track. But it would be cool.
country-lane1024.jpg
 
Originally posted by graveltrap
I use to enjoy a quick spin round motorsport land in GT2. Its a very short and twisty track that was great fun to drive....even if it was only avaliable in arcade mode free run....it would have been a great place to hold some OLR sprint events in GT3 hopefully they will feature this track again in GT4 as a handling test circuit

yeah good idea, i also wish it will be in the new GT4, those track can train u well, and it can give a lesson for those that always aim for HIGH HP car, coz those extra power will get extra burnout and extra time lose and sometime extra hitting wall:lol:
 
they need more tracks like this were the handerling is more important then power as most of the tracks in gt 3 were suited to cars with large power outputs as they were so wide we need more tracks were a cars chassis is more important.
 
In agreement with James1985 and all alike, smaller courses should be included. now im a noob here at GTP and havent exactly gone through all 56+ pages of threads, but i havent seen any drifting courses nor D1GP model cars mentioned being included (with mild reason to believe so). this would be your small courses solely for cornering. as its not power thats beneficial but the technique applied, but more or so then your runabout circuit track.
 
Well with the inclusion of drifting to GT4 (now they're being serious about it instead of just the Arcade Mode, I would think that more small tracks would be suitable for racing. I mean, I read in "Super Street" and "Sport Compact Car" about these go-kart like tracks that these drift-crazy Japanese people do. Perhaps you can get rid of your front bumper if you choose to do so for drifting. So I'd say that more smaller tracks would accompany not only drifters, but Kei cars as well. That's my view. You dig?
 
I totally agree that more small tracks are needed (narrow, twisty) because there were just too many wide tracks before which did not offer much more of a 'quick reflex' challange. I particularly would like to see more tracks like Citta Di Aria in Prologue as that was quite fun blasting down its narrow streets!

graveltrap
I do love a thrash down a good old british country lane for a game impementation point of view that would have to be carried out in a rally type mode i think (but with out the dirt).

I would love to see more British tracks in GT4.....something about London has been mentioned but a contry lane type thing would be amazing.....with all the hedges flying past.....old stone walls and the occasional hump back bridge over a canal :D.

I don't understand why PD never has more point to point tracks.......not loops, A country lane section which is just one way would be really cool.

Robin

Something like this would look quite good as a GT4 track......
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 60
I think that the larger tracks take away the sense of speed. If they had more tracks liike the pic above from robin, not only would it be more challenging, but it would -seem- like you're going faster. I mean let's face it, it seems like you're going 1 mph on the test track, no matter what car you're in.
 
robin2223
I particularly would like to see more tracks like Citta Di Aria in Prologue as that was quite fun blasting down its narrow streets!

I would also like to see more tracks like Citta, however I was a little dissapointed with Citta I admit. Despite its narrow lanes, Citta is actually quite a fast track & is pretty easy aslong as you brake enough for the hairpins & don't pinball down the straights ;)

I want something more challenging, where smaller cars can really compete.
 
A race on the small test track (can't remember proper name) from GT4Prologue would be good - for those without prologue - its a small 'egg-shaped' oval, without any banking and an optional chicane, which is about 800-1000 meters in total length.
 
motorsports land and the autumn ring mini would be nice tracks to make a comeback in this regard.
 
I'd like to see the Goodwood Uphill/Downhill track, in which every year almost all the legendary race cars race the historical track.
goodwood-festival-of-speed.jpg
 
I don't believe we need necessarily shorter tracks but tracks that are more confined. I think having longer tracks makes racing more enjoyable because you dont see the same turn over and over. However narrow tracks are a good idea for less powerful cars buty imagine driving a Cobra with no TCS in a race where you can't git walls. pretty tough
 
the rally courses are way too wide. they're still fun but i've never seen any rally races on roads that wide, most of em are barely wide enough to drive on.
 
I would like to see an indoor circuit where stunts and special tricks can be performed, those who saw 5th Gear with Tiff and Vicki doing stunts like they were escaping from a warehouse will know what I mean, those who haven't will think I should get back into my designer straitjacket and run into a wall. :D
 
I think you guys might be digging your selves a ditch here :irked:. Yes, most of us would like to have narrower, tighter tracks. And I agree they would be a great inclusion. But what I will warn you is, don't come comlpaining to anyone on this site when you find you are pinging against them walls and suffering huge <50mph 10sec :( penalties because either you couldn't handle it, or the AI isn't as good as you think it is and started ramming you into the walls.
On the other hand, as rally tracks they would be much better. Alowing for some really good racing where only you can be held to blame if you hit the wall.
 
We do need some smaller/shorter tracks. Think about the Nurburgring, and how long it will take for a car like a mini cooper to finish one lap. If the NSX-R, GT3, does it in 7 minute 56 second (real times) then imagine how long it will take to do 5 laps on the Ring. Imagine a Endurance test, with a mini cooper, stock only on the Nurburgring track. That will be hell!!

But I imagine someone who lack a brain, would find it amusing. Such as Famine!
 
Actually taking a slower underpowered car round a track is one hell of a good way to learn it.
 
rollazn
We do need some smaller/shorter tracks. Think about the Nurburgring, and how long it will take for a car like a mini cooper to finish one lap. If the NSX-R, GT3, does it in 7 minute 56 second (real times) then imagine how long it will take to do 5 laps on the Ring. Imagine a Endurance test, with a mini cooper, stock only on the Nurburgring track. That will be hell!!

But I imagine someone who lack a brain, would find it amusing. Such as Famine!

I''m up for a long track drive (real or virtual) anytime. I'd do that! (maybe not in a 1.3 Mini Cooper, but possibly a AE86 or an equivilent car performancewise, which'd be great for learning the track layout and techniques)
 
Back