Smaller tracks

  • Thread starter Thread starter James1985
  • 52 comments
  • 2,172 views
Razo
I''m up for a long track drive (real or virtual) anytime. I'd do that! (maybe not in a 1.3 Mini Cooper, but possibly a AE86 or an equivilent car performancewise, which'd be great for learning the track layout and techniques)

Also, to see a British country lane style track and/or Goodwood would be excellent.
 
I would bet if PD went for Goodwood they would get it, as that Lord who owns the land it's on stages the FOS every year and is a self-confessed car nut !!
 
Razo
I''m up for a long track drive (real or virtual) anytime. I'd do that! (maybe not in a 1.3 Mini Cooper, but possibly a AE86 or an equivilent car performancewise, which'd be great for learning the track layout and techniques)

One lap in a Mini Cooper on the Nurburgring wont be all that bad, but think of an Endurance at Nurburgring with a Mini Cooper, It would be berserk. Im a Gran Turismo enthusiast but an Endurance at Nurburgring is crazy. I would do it, If I had too! Its just like that rumor of a 24 hour Endurance race at Nurburgring. I would not be up for it, but if I had to do it, I would.
 
I'm up for any race with slow cars around the ring when the game comes out. One of the first things i'm going to try is the 49' VW Beetle around the ring stock. Then maybe we can have some crazy slow car race around the ring online. :D
 
Race Idiot
I'm up for any race with slow cars around the ring when the game comes out. One of the first things i'm going to try is the 49' VW Beetle around the ring stock. Then maybe we can have some crazy slow car race around the ring online. :D

Yep, can't wait to race in the Fiat Panda online :sly:
 
But still for me, High Speed Ring is still the best track to test cars. Not too long, not too short, but I'd really like to see Goodwood Park in GT4. This track is perfect for slower cars, its kinda like Grindelwald going uphill or downhill.
 
I'm a longer the better fan, tighter tracks add a sense of speed, not necessarily shorter ones, as said. Shorter tracks tend to become more repetitive in my opinion, I prefer long challenges where losing a tenth one one turn doesn't cost you a record lap - you've got 171 to make it back up.
 
MMmmmmmmm - Ford Model T race around Motorsports land. :cool:
 
With Drift Mode confirmed at E3,I'd be suprised if PD didn't include one or some of the specialty drift tracks.
 
I loved motor sprts land in GT2. I think it would be great fun for drifting, more like the small drift tracks in real life
 
I strongly second that, i would love to see motorsports land again. with the slight disadvantage of feel and graphics back in GT2, its come back in the 4th installment would be great. but whos to say that they havent created something funner. as Mr P510 stated, if they do include some of the special drift courses.
 
when u see D1GP competition yeah sure u will say Yes, Go for it smaller tracks in GT4 haha :D
 
PD have probably never heard of the track Knockhill in fife, scotland, small and narrow. Saw the GT's racing round it they couldn't get out of 3rd gear. PD should include this track in GT4. Great for hot hatches.
 
I agree, some small tracck would be welcomed. I particularly missed autumn mini , that's the first track that made all of us discover the GT serie.
 
With all previous GT tracks returning I'd say you'll be whipping around the Autumn Ring again in all it's minute glory.
 
It's fitting I see some talk about indoor tracks and smaller ones in general, because my brother and I went go-karting on a sunny day turned rainy turned cloudy (typical summer weather here). I was doing indoor karting at Houston Indoor Kartzone (formerly Davy Jones Kartzone; http://www.kartzone.net). The first race was disappointing. Spun out about three times and got whacked several other times. Out of 7, I placed seventh. The second race, it was me, my brother, and three of his boys. I qualified 4th, finished 3rd. The most important thing was that I beat my brother's lap times by 3 tenths of a second. The race is basically a time trial, and the fastest time wins. It's kind of like the old Formula One rules where everyone on track raced at once.

Well, I had fun and I thought about this thread. Like in Andros Ice Racing, I've seen an oval race within that football (the non-American football version) stadium with those ice racers. But the benefactors of indoor races would be rally racers. Think about it. You fill up a stadium with dirt, and have rallycross action around there (unless you want a quick open circuit). Those who played Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Double Dash!! (one of my favorite racing games other than GT), you may remember Wario Stadium. The N64 version was more sane and seemed more like a nice rally course. Only thing was, you HAD to make that jump, otherwise, you'd lose a lot of positions. So there can be some pros and cons of short, indoor race tracks. It would be great for GT rally-heads, but I think it's a good idea. Comment if you wish.
 
I remember reading an interview with KY last year (OPSM2) and he stated tha Autunm Ring Mini and Motorsportsland would be 'dusted off' for a return in the fourth instalment of GT.
 
i loved the autumn ring both big and small... size didn't matter on that course :sly:
 
What do you think seperates a great small track from a good small track?

Let me explain something (again). Short tracks are small, but they are not technically SMALL tracks. You oval racing fans may like Saturday nights at Eldora or Knoxville, but they are not short tracks, I'm afraid. My idea of a short track is Lime Rock Park. And what more can you ask about the lovely track? The track looks more like where club racers hang out. And every camera shot looks like a homemade video of racing action. But, it's pretty short there. It's a pure road course and without a doubt, a short track. So I wouldn't want to race Hickory, Martinsville, or that Lake Erie speedway (that looks like a glorified parking lot). No. Think of a pure road course, then shrink it (can you imagine a less than 2 mile version of Nurburgring Nordschliefe? Or a 1.5 mile variation of Le Mans?).

Tracks like Motor Sport Land and Martinsville do have their advantages for more powerful machinery. The advantages include braking performance and the ability to turn into slow corners. So they can apply to more powerful machines as well. Even if you wanted to take that Pescarolo LMP around one, you can test your car under low-speed cornering. Or if you're nuts, take a million-dollar LMP around a Solo 1 or Solo 2 course!
 
Back