SMfan's Gallery |UPDATE| 2 sets?! Uhm, yeah. - 18.05.2014

• Thread starter SMfan
  • 91 comments
The last one is just awesome :drool: That's a very clean work, the rendering is close to perfection, one of, if not the best edit of this kind I've ever seen 👍 Bravo !
I like a lot the set also, with its cold tones (except pic 4) and its great mood. The last two pics before the last one rae very original with a great work on composition.

Love the atmosphere in these, especially that last shot. The editing is superb with all the effects. I just have to say that I absolutely adore your SS comp winner. The editing, mood, and tone is top notch. Well done !

Love this set Alex, the cold mood and toning is spot on. The compositions are nice and well thought out. Great set.

My favs are 1,4,6,7 & the last is epically good. :) 👍

Those last two shots are fantastic. :drool:

I think the first is broken, or at least it seems that way on my end.

I can't see the first image, though I have to the other shots are really good. I love the second shot and the last one. That heavy edit is drool worthy.:drool: The wet effect is brilliantly done!👍

I don't know how you work that magic, and I don't really care. That sounds rude, but it isn't. Because if I knew how to do your magic, I'd start doing it, and then it would no longer be magic and before you know it everyone is doing it... I'm getting off topic. Let's put it like this, the way you captured the grass in the 3rd to last shot is just awesome! Moves the photo to a more isolated feel. As if it's just the driver and the environment around them. :drool:

And then there is the last shot, which delivers almost everything, great detail, great blur, great effects (rain drops). Throw in some good looking women and it would be perfect! In fact no, that's a terrible idea, ignore that. :lol: It's better the way it is now...

Oh wow, I just looked at the shot again, the water running down the car is just amazing!

Alrighty... I'm kinda sorta back to GTP.

First off, Thanks a lot for all the amazing comments!!!
I'm really glad the last shot was received so well.:)

As for some specific comments:

@HaerBev - that was exactly what I was going for. Thanks!
@RetroGiant - there ain't a wrong time for some Doge. Well, unless you are trying to make a positive comment about somebody's work.:lol:
@Terronium-12 - got the same error at some moment, reuploaded the pic, works for me now.
@Skython - wow, I don't even know what to say, man. I would actually gladly spoil the magic for y'all.:lol: Not to eff with you, but to give people new abilities to create. However, in regards to that "grass-shot", I can't even say anything specific. I just took the shot, toned it a bit, and that was it. I guess it's all in my brain.:D

And now the (smawwwlll) set:

12861737473_de5052b6c2_z.jpg

BONUS SHOT:

Next Car Game.

Last edited:
Love this set Alex!!:drool:
Shot 2 is uber-real!! Where's the magazine that you cut that from!!;)
Awesome:cheers:

Is the bonus shot a metaphor for the state of the GT6 game? - broken!!:eek:

Just when I didn't think this newest set could get any better... Next Car Game gets thrown into the mix. :P Great set once again! 👍

Oooo nice work! I quite like the cooler toned shots more than the warmer ones in this set. My faves are shot 4 for the bokeh and shot 6 for the angle & composition. Awesome!👍

Nice to see something new here :)
As always a collections of great shots with various angles, and a very beautiful edit work. I like a lot the warm toning of the first two shots and the light in the second one is perfect. The framing of the shot 4 is excellent with a perfect choice of aperture. Great and colorful toning in the last Sub' shot also.
The next car game is a Nascar ?

Fantastic set, Alex! Great atmosphere. Your pics are so good, but especially 4 & 5 pics in your set are very impressive. And the last picture is very nice! Good work! 👍👍👍

The BRZ set may be smawwwlll but it packs a BIG punch - great shots and amazing editing - you always nail the lighting/contrast and tones to produce fantastic images. :bowdown: 👍 :)

Great BRZ set. I really get the race day feel with those anlges and focal lengths you've used. I really like the warm toning of the first 2 in particular. And as Nato mentions the light & contrast are spot on. 👍

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

OK, y'all, so it looks like I'm taking pretty long breaks between posts - stuff's happening, you know.:D

This time I'll post two sets in a row, cause I uploaded the first one on flickr a while back and just kinda left it there, and then slowwwwwly completed on the other one.

P.S. @Kodje, I unno if you still care, but NCG isn't a Nascar thing - it's a spiritual succesor of the Flatout games.

14212287782_8fed466259_z.jpg

14234888813_1bc0711635_z.jpg

Both sets have great qualities: the first has great compositions, the second - great colours! :drool:👍 The FXX set wins my heart though! :bowdown:

Jeez, I forgot we even did that matterhorn shoot :lol:

The first 2 FXX shots are brilliant and just pure cinematic looking.

Really like the @ Matterhorn set. Great use of making the blues pop. And some very nice and interesting angles and compositions too. Very tastefully editied. My favs are 1,2,3,6 & 10. 👍

As for the FXX, also a great set. In particular I like the ones with muted surroundings, it really makes the car standout and it works well having a cool feel to the backgrounds with a hot coloured car. Favs in that set are 1,3,9,10 & 11. 👍

Excellent stuff as I would expect from you mate. ;) 👍

It's really good to see some new things here !

The Matterhorn set is excellent with some great composition and very originalk choice of angles or toning work.

But the FFX set is really awesome ! Some of these shots looks so realistic, it's unbelievable. Shots 2, 3, 4 and the last one are so beautiful ! Bravo !

Both sets are brilliant!👍 Personally, I think the FXX is a really hard car to shoot. But you've done well with this set. Great work mate! Nice to see some new things from you.

Back