Snaeper's Photo Race Reports! Race #4 FULL Now posted!

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 35 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, since I love the new photomode feature, and when combined with online it makes for some real fun when it comes to telling an intense wheel-to-wheel story. With one of my favorite 350hp races finally documented in pictures, I shall post them here to you with some color commentary.

11/6/2011 UPDATE: Race #4 Shufflin' Suzi!
4/25/2011 UPDATE: Race #3 Shuffle on Eiger's K Trail!
3/12/2011 UPDATE: Race #2 Volkswagens vs. Japan! Posts #15 and #16

INTRO
EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

I managed to earn myself the pole even though I had barely rolled onto the already occupied track after just entering the room (MNP Race Modded Silvia aka "Strawberry"). The room was limited to 350hp and 1000kg<. Penalties were (unfortunately as you'll come to see) turned on.

My competition:
Tuned RX-7 Spirit R
Tuned DC5 Integra Type-R (driven by my friend "NI9HT")
Tuned Honda S2000
Lexus IS200 GT-1
Toyota Wedsport Celica GT300

START!!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg
A perfect launch as well as a car that is brushing the maximum allowed power and the minimum allowed weight has me sailing away from the rest of the field... for only a moment.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg
The first two turns are fairly clean, with cars going transparent in a timely fashion to avoid nasty pile ups and allow everyone to keep together. The S2000 finds himself just around the corner from the rest of the field in this picture. Strawberry and I manage to keep in front and the RX-7 shapes itself up to be my competitor for the next couple of laps (There are 3 in total).

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3.jpg
The S2000 looks forward to a long race while the Integra, Lexus and Celica battle for third and the Spirit R challenges me for first.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_4.jpg
Escaping the tunnel and the yellow Mazda finds his way under my line through the high-speed turn.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_5.jpg
He can't follow through on the pass and my Silvia and I power back into the lead as we race up the hill. Meanwhile the Lexus and Celica continue their battle while the two Honda's fall to 5th and 6th.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_6.jpg
Tragedy strikes (unseen to me still) the S2000 and he falls far behind the rest of the field. The Mazda continues to harass me for the lead while the Celica and Lexus give close chase. The "NI9HT" and his Integra shows he's not out of the fight yet.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_7.jpg
The RX-7 stays on my bumper, ready to strike at the same turn he did last lap... this time planning to follow through on the pass.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_8.jpg
He makes it! Striking my exposed inside line (I don't like that corner) again, he powers through to take the lead!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_9.jpg
His lead only lasts until the top of the hill, however. Me and my Silvia hug tight to the inside and power out of the last turn side by side with the Spirit R.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_10.jpg
Door to door, we sail over the hill with only inches separating us!

EigerNordwandShortTrack_11.jpg
Sadly, the contact/collision penalties strike again, this time taking out my fierce and clean competitor due to a very minor collision on my fender. My race is VERY far from over however, as both the Lexus and Toyota hound me now.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_12.jpg
I have the lead coming out of the banked turn heading into the final stretch on the last lap.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_13.jpg
But it's threatened when the powerful aero of the GT300 Celica allows it to carry more speed through the tunnel.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_14.jpg
Again, my inside line is challenged.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_15.jpg
But by the time we reach the hill I'm back in the lead.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_16.jpg
The Celica gives me a bump going into the final turn, causing a power slide and the resulting smoke in the background. Being a good sportsman however, he did not take advantage of the opportunity. The rest of the field really closed the gap in the last turn.

EigerNordwandShortTrack_17.jpg
A flying finish!

End Result:
Nissan Silvia RM
Toyota Wedsport Celica
Lexus IS200 GT1
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Tuned
Honda Integra Type R Tuned
Honda S2000 Tuned

Last edited:

this is exactly what happened in my Eiger race with the RX and the Celica. I was turning in and they bumped the exact same area. The RX got a penalty while the Celica did not.

On another note, more race reports are planned in the future and I'll be posting a particularly heated battle on Nurburgring assuming I saved the replay.

On another note, more race reports are planned in the future and I'll be posting a particularly heated battle on Nurburgring assuming I saved the replay.

Please do Snaeper, that was a great read 👍

Moved to new, appropriate, forum.

Celica ST185 GT-Four vs. Germans on Eiger is on the way.

Looks awesome, I look forward to seeing more of this.

What a fantastic thread loving the pictures and the little story behind each 1. Very inspirational. If I can work out how to do it I will put some up as I am hosting a race event this friday and saturday. (under the title events on the online racers section).
Superb when is the next 1 going to be that you are going to put up?

loved the story !! you made me think of racing online very soon :)
so far I only played a/b-spec but now I am thinking to take it online, partly thanks to your amazing story. keep up the good work mate ;)

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I really appreciate it. Make sure to subscribe as I post more races. I'm also sorry it's been so long since I've done so.

Alrighty, after not playing GT for awhile. I return with a hilarious and entertaining Race Report from a 400PP battle on the Nürb! My chariot was the excellent MkIV GTI complete with BBS RS' and stance. I merely entered for fun...

INTRO

Nrb_1.jpg

I joined in with my good friend GTP_NishRacer and some of his comrades. After tinkering with some cars to find a points match, I chose the GTI for the hell of it. This would be the first time racing the car and I thought it was going to get ugly... what with it's wicked stance and all.

My Competition:

VW Lupo Cup Car
VW Bus
Suzuki Cappuccino RM
Datsun 240ZG
Nissan Skyling GT-R KPGC10 (Driven by Nish)

START!!

Nrb_2.jpg
Again, I find myself on the pole position in front of 5 other cars (I swear this is all coincidental). After my tires fire plumes of smoke into the air as the limited tread makes a desperate grab for traction, I find myself maintaining my pole into the first turn, with the rest of the field hot behind me.

Wait a minute... someone's missing.

Nrb_3.jpg
...two, three, four... five? The VW Bus driven by our host Cobra949 found it's way off to a slow start. Though by no means was this Samba a slouch. Sadly, he would remain in the 6th position for the rest of the race.

Nrb_4.jpg
My GTI finds itself bouncing from one side of the tarmac to the other, keeping the rest of my fair competition foaming at the mouth as they dare not risk a pass attempt with my unruly GTI. I simply cross my fingers as I go into each turn...

Nrb_5.jpg
Nish finally gets fed up and rushes past using alternative means. His GT-R was a very quick Matte Black beast, and he is normally a very clean driver so I assume this was more of an avoidance pass than an eager one.

Nrb_6.jpg
The Fairlady also finds a moment to sneak by me on the other side as my on-a-wire VW struggles to stay straight.

Nrb_7.jpg
If you've read my other race, though, then you'll know I'm not someone who stays passed for long!!! (Check out that tire angle yo'!)

Nrb_8.jpg
Defensive driving ensures I keep 2nd place for more than a brief amount of time. Meanwhile the Lupo keeps pace in the background... and in the VERY background the Suzuki and it's under-powered motor barely scrapes by to keep our brake-lights in visual range.

Nrb_9.jpg
My 2nd place position evaporates after the two left-handers. My lack of traction forcing my car wide while the 240 sneaks under. Darn.

Nrb_10.jpg
1st GT-R
2nd 240ZG
3rd VW GTI
4th VW Lupo Cup
5th Suzuki Cappuccino RM
6th VW Bus

This would be the general look of the grid for middle part of the race, though my GTI DID find speed on the uphill straightaway... enough to get me nipping at the ZG's heels and have me hoping for a possible pass.

Continued...

Last edited:
Part 2

Nrb_11.jpg
Sadly, it was not to be. My poor handling forced me to brake considerably harder than the Datsun and my position was to remain 3rd. Albeit I was still being a nuisance to the vintage Japanese coupe.

Nrb_12.jpg
The field then settled out for the remainder of the lap, with the Lupo closing the gap on me as I tried to close the gap on the Fairlady again.

Nrb_13.jpg

GAME TIME! What's wrong with this photo?
1 internet to the first person who gets it right.

Nrb_15.jpg
Meanwhile, Nish has nothing to worry about as he and his GT-R speed away in 1st. The rest of us gave up trying to catch him and just focussed on racing each other and having fun...

Nrb_14.jpg
Just before we hit the straight, the Lupo joins me in gazing at the 240 as it speeds away. Simple irony had both our VW's painted light blue...

Intermission: The next few miles were pretty uneventful. I pulled away from the Lupo by a good deal on the straightaway... my 1.8T GTI having quiet a bit of speed when things went straight... I caught a glimpse of the 240ZG a few times until...

Nrb_18.jpg
Who DOESN'T end up in the grass in this turn? Well we all do on a good day, but we all know how much of a b1+%h this bit of the track is.

Nrb_19.jpg
A twist! No longer content to simply stride to the finish line un-contended, Nish awaits the next competitor in a similar fashion to everyone's favorite local authorities.

Nrb_20.jpg
The two Nissan's flee away from the blue VeeDub's. Though their lead isn't large.

Nrb_21.jpg
The two vintage Japanese automobiles trade paint and bumper chrome in some form of shenaniganry. Oh well, I don't stop to say hello.

Nrb_22.jpg
Haha! The lead is mine you fools! I don't think either of them were expecting my blue VW to speed by quite as soon as it did.

Nrb_23.jpg
Nish and his pesky GT-R find themselves on my outside as we go into a turn... this wont end well.

Nrb_24.jpg
A mixture of lag and momentum (not to mention lack of tire grip) bring my nose to his posterior... while the 240 sits back and bears witness.

Nrb_25.jpg
Nish tries to correct, but finds no traction for his rear tires in the grass. I find myself heading towards the other side of the track to play in it's half of the grass and I have the 240 following me.

Nrb_26.jpg
Oh dear, can you guess which direction he's going to end up in? The ZG tries to find a hole in our antics to take advantage of our rough-housing.

Nrb_27.jpg
Sadly, we were moving so fast that I missed the chance to get a picture of how close him and I got when he came across the track.

Nrb_28.jpg
Nish would get a short-cut penalty, but neither of us waited around for him to come back up to speed... his car was fast enough that he'd catch us anyways. Meanwhile my tires were still slick from playing in the grass that I ended up in the green stuff again! The 240 increased it's lead.

Nrb_29.jpg
See? Nish is right the--- and look who's behind him! Here I thought the little Lupo was written off as a contender. Closing in on the end of the race now!

Nrb_30.jpg
Nish makes a clean and aggressive pass, wanting 1st in a mighty fierce way.

Nrb_31.jpg
Another twist! We all know how adrenaline can get us going... and it appears the Fairlady found itself going into the grass and barrier. Nish snags the opportunity and I... I catch up to the 240 just in time for it to become physical again. Yay for collision penalties!

Nrb_32.jpg
I'm the one passed instead! The Lupo charges past and I find myself in fourth for the first time at the worst time... or is it the best time?

Nrb_33.jpg
You all didn't forget about how fast my car was on the straights did you? Shame on you. If it's fast enough for italics... it's pretty darn fast. And look at all that slipstream!

Nrb_34.jpg
GTI: "Oh, hey Lupo."
Lupo: "Hey GT-- waitaminute."

Nrb_35.jpg
The 1.8T is a force to be reckoned with! There was a lot of hooting-and-hollering on the mic's at this particular moment. The Nissan's were pretty surprised. I was pretty surprsied... and having a blast at the same time.

Nrb_36.jpg
This time it was his fault *points at the Datsun riding his tail* Here we go again, poor Nish :s

Nrb_37.jpg
Poor, poor Nish. :P
Meanwhile I'm jumping around the living room howling and laughing. Let's just say the only words in my vocabulary at that moment were: Yeah! YEAH! and Yeeeeahhhh! as well as a few friendly profanities.

Nrb_38.jpg
To be fair, I went wide just to add to the excitement. Wanted to see if the 240 could beat me on the last stretch. Nish continued to spin out in a desperate attempt to catch up while the Lupo passed him.

Final:
1st VW GTI
2nd Datsun 240ZG
3rd VW Lupo Cup Car
4th Nissan GT-R KPGC10
5th Suzuki Cappuccino
6th VW Bus

The Bus and the Suzuki both managed to make it across the finish line too by the way! Here's a few bonus pics of the two.

Nrb_16.jpg

Nrb_17.jpg

Fin

Last edited:
I favourited this page Snaep, a very fun race indeed even thou I fell off the deep end :( lol. The race was portrayed in great fashion and we hope to see you on the track we call home sometime.

Was the Samba Bus's driver om-nom-nomming on some weed brownies? :dopey:

I favourited this page Snaep, a very fun race indeed even thou I fell off the deep end :( lol. The race was portrayed in great fashion and we hope to see you on the track we call home sometime.

If all the racing is as good as that then we'll have lots of fun!
Although capturing a race in pictures on the Nurb is a pain in the butt since it takes forevveerrr.

Thanks again for not running away with the race too by the way!

Nice report Snaeper, real close to the very end!

Yup, I loved the end so much I knew I had to make a report.

Was the Samba Bus's driver om-nom-nomming on some weed brownies? :dopey:

Not sure.. if he was then he would've been seriously tripping out by the end of the race since that thing was moving!

Also, did anybody catch the game time? Anyone see what was wrong with the picture?

Yeah I saw it the first time but I thought someone would have already messaged you. Upsidedown GT Logo in bottom left corner.

Darn! I took the picture upside down... but somewhere along the way it automatically righted itself.

So I got it right about the logo but I'm wrong because you messed up lol.... dammit.

just subscribed to this thread! dnt knw if i can be part of the race? but would love to be a part of the story! :)

keep up the good work!

Race Report #3
Shuffle Rally on Eiger K

INTRO​

I find Shuffle Racing to be some of the most exciting and competitive racing, regardless of how your competitors drive (though cleaner is always better). So I couldn't pass up the chance to participate in a large room with a good connection when I came across it whilst browsing the Open Lobby list one day.

The event was from awhile ago so forgive me for not knowing all of the details but I believe this was my first race in the room, or we'll assume it was anyways. I'll say this though: Two laps, 12 cars the entire time and a whole lot of bad damage modeling.

My Competitors:
Subaru Legacy B4 RSK
Subaru Legacy B4 3.0R
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC (ST185)
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205)
Toyota Caldina GT-Four
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Ford RS200
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro
Audi S4 '98 <----- Me
Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S

START!

EigerNordwandKTrail_23.jpg

The first few hundred meters were a natural form of chaos given that the least-talented and experienced drivers had the fastest cars, there were 12 of us and nobody knew how much traction the dirt tires would provide (Spoiler: They stick better than Comfort Softs surprisingly).

EigerNordwandKTrail_22.jpg

Things were surprisingly civil as we drove into the macaroni-elbow-tight first turn with everyone in a courteous line trying not to run each other over too much. Ironically, it was the non-Rally homologation cars that lead the way, with the Ram, Stagea, Caldina and Legacy's out in front. Directly behind them were the Group-A homologation cars in the form of the two Celica's and the Evo as well as myself and the other Audi. Behind us were the two Group-B homologation cars (Ford and Peugeot), each having a bad start and not getting better.

EigerNordwandKTrail_21.jpg

The Stagea had held up it's pole position quite handily... and then it got on dirt. Alas, everyone began shuffling positions since half the field seemed to know how to drive on dirt and the other half, well, didn't. Add in the Blinding cloud of dirt that the leaders kicked up along with the sheer size of the field and you had a field of cars changing positions more than a square-dancer changes partners. The big Nissan wagon got the worst of it, going from first to fourth and never recovering.

EigerNordwandKTrail_20.jpg

I was surrounded by no less than 5 cars at any given time during the first mile. Thankfully GT's security system worked out when it was best to make a car transparent to keep everything moving smoothly.

EigerNordwandKTrail_19.jpg

The racing would stay close in the middle of the pack. Here the Lancer shows you how NOT to pass on dirt. Finding himself in the wall and in 10th very quickly.

EigerNordwandKTrail_18.jpg

In an odd match up for the lead, the Ram did it's best to hold off the Caldina's advances.

EigerNordwandKTrail_17.jpg

Alas, everything would change for everyone as we entered what I consider to be the most difficult portion of track to race on in multi-player in GT5:
The long road down.​

The hairpin just before serves a similar purpose and anticipation builder as a roller coaster. Just as I was turning to make my way onto the downhill I was pushed out of the way by the blue ST205 Celica, with both GT-Four's sneaking by as I slid to the outer wall.

EigerNordwandKTrail_16.jpg

Up in front, the lack of experience wasn't surprising as most of the cars just piled into the wall. Penalties would be meted out to those who didn't care for their brakes.

EigerNordwandKTrail_15.jpg

Some cars already showed comical amounts of damage despite not having completed a single lap yet.

EigerNordwandKTrail_14.jpg

I slowed down to ensure my vision remained intact, knowing chaos was ahead and wanting to avoid it. The Evo popped up next to me and the RS200 whizzed by uncaringly only to bounce off of the barrier wall and spinning sideways. I managed to get past the Evo and the older Celica as well as the Stagea, the RSK Legacy and the RS200... and the RS200... and the RS200. It was apparent that top speed and power wasn't going to win him the race... let alone pass me. Yet he continued to try to out-power my Audi all the way down the mountain.

EigerNordwandKTrail_13.jpg

After reaching the bottom and sailing over the jump, the white Subaru, blue Toyota and I began to leap frog each other for position with myself coming out in front of the two at the end of the lefts and rights. Position: 4th.
The Legacy tried cutting under and leaning on me going into the first uphill hairpin but only found himself going nose first into the wall as I shut down the inside line, not wanting to get pushed out of the way again without slowing the pusher down along with me.

EigerNordwandKTrail_12.jpg

I would then lead the majority of the field out of the remainder of the hairpins. The Black Legacy 3.0R, Ram and Caldina being the only vehicles in front of me. Sadly, in the bickering and battling between my competitors and I, the podium positions had been allowed to forge a substantial lead.

EigerNordwandKTrail_11.jpg

I'm always up for a challenge though and the Ram had made some crucial mistakes in the last stretch of fast dirt leading up to the tarmac. This allowed me to handily whiz by him, though I was closely pursued by another and the Ram wouldn't go without a fight.

EigerNordwandKTrail_10.jpg

Alas, beautiful black pavement! The RS200 managed to catch up again and despite being on a stickier surface he still plowed uncaringly into turns, phantom being the Ram's only savior from a new white bumper.

EigerNordwandKTrail_9.jpg

The 3.0R was painfully in reach and the RS200 was annoyingly close. Preferring to ram me out of his way instead of bothering to pass.

EigerNordwandKTrail_8.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_7.jpg

He wouldn't keep the lead long though (I still didn't know why he was bothering to pass me). Another encounter with the wall saw me rumbling by at an effective pace.

EigerNordwandKTrail_6.jpg

I had more important matters to tend to anyways since the Legacy was my match in skill and car control.

EigerNordwandKTrail_5.jpg

The Caldina bested us both on skill and luck as he continued to create a massive lead. Leaving us as part of the background in this image.

EigerNordwandKTrail_4.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_2.jpg

As the end came near, the Legacy would remain tauntingly close. I resigned to accept my fate for 3rd position.

EigerNordwandKTrail_3.jpg

The battle for 5th was another matter though, as the two Celica's traded Toyota paint chips with each other. They would end up passing the Ford RS200 at the end, who unsurprisingly spun out on the last stretch.

EigerNordwandKTrail_1.jpg

End Results: (All 12 finished!!)
1. Toyota Caldina GT-Four
2. Subaru Legacy B4 3.0R
3. Audi S4 '98
4. Toyota Celica GT-Four RC (ST185)
5. Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)
6. Ford RS200
7. Subaru Legacy B4 RSK
8. Dodge Ram 1500
9. Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
10. Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro
11. Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S
12. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR

Fin.

Last edited:
Wow hectic race. I agree, shuffle races are the best.👍

I just wish more people new how to race on Comfort Tires. Or dirt as was the case above.

But yes, otherwise Shuffle Racing is the best and I can't believe more people don't do it. Especially when you're avoiding tacking km's to your cars' odometers.

What a mad race, looked fun

It really was, although that pesky RS200 driver was ticking me off in the worst ways. More races are on the way gentleman, rest assured. I have a few saved up but I don't always have the time to sit down, watch the replay twice, take pictures and transfer them to the computer. So production is a bit delayed and I apologize.

In a bit of an off-topic (please don't respond, just read and enjoy) here's a rough very rough translation of Yamauchi-san's twitter page:

sQHdM.jpg

Back