SAMHAIN85

SNAIL

2020 Holiday Event

christmas-card-santa-driving-a-funny-car-pack-of-10-10.jpg

A collection of sprint races chosen by you to celebrate the end of a wild year

Lobby opens @ 9PM EST 12/27
First come first serve
Come and go as you please

Think of this as a casual yet organized open online lobby. Its meant to be fun with hardly any waiting between races, but still competitive with points

ALL DRIVERS WILL EXHIBIT CLEAN RACECRAFT

Race Night:

We will run combos which were chosen by participants which have been randomized in order.

Tire compound will be pre-determined by skill level. The faster guys will be on the harder compound with the slower guys being on the softer compound. If we've never raced before you will start on mediums and I will tweak you from there.

Grids will be set to "Reverse Grid" all night long, but we might throw in some occasional qualifying to keep things fresh.

1st 16
2nd 15
3rd 14
4th 13
5th 12

...and so on

1 bonus point will be awarded to fastest lap of the race

I will keep a live tally of scores throughout the night (it will be linked here)
We might do 10 races, or we might do 30 races come race night depending on the turnout and interest. We will have drop scores in effect so people still have a chance at winning even though they weren't present for the entire event. More on that later

Open to all members of GTPlanet

Just reply to this thread that you are interested

Signups:

👍 = Combos Submitted

1. @SAMHAIN85 👍
2. @Rob Brown 👍
3. @Kgffy 👍
4. @Phlano099
👍
5. @Xexploit 👍
6. @racingchamp30
7. @llNovall
8. @Harry Rowley 👍
9. @LST
10. @NASCARNATE91 👍
11. @CourageRising 👍
12. @Granadier
13. @Fudman420 👍
14. @Xradkins
15. @Yugofan
16. @CANOWORMS1

Combos (randomly ordered):

Phlano Porsche.PNG

Circuit de la sarthe.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Phlano099
TIME OF DAY: 15:00
RACING TIRES
TUNING ALLOWED

Courage Samba.PNG
Circuit de la sarthe.PNG

CHOSEN BY @CourageRising
(NO CHICANE)
TIME OF DAY: DEFAULT
COMFORT TIRES

Xexploit Ford GT.PNG
Tsukuba.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Xexploit
Ford GT 2017
RACING TIRES

kg honda s2k.PNG
Spa.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Kgffy
Honda S2000 1999
SPORT TIRES

Rob Lambo.PNG

Alsace village.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Rob Brown
SPORT TIRES

Harry Viper.PNG
Fuji international.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Harry Rowley
RACING TIRES

Sam Gordini.PNG
Streets of willow 2.PNG

CHOSEN BY @SAMHAIN85
Renault R8 Gordini 1966
(STREETS OF WILLOW II)
TIME OF DAY: 21:00
COMFORT TIRES

fudman pagani.PNG
saint croixe b.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Fudman420
Pagani Zonda R 09
RACING TIRES

Phlano Supra.PNG
Tokyo East Outer Loop.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Phlano099
TOYOTA GR SUPRA RZ 2020
TIME OF DAY: 18:00
SPORT TIRES

Sam Mazda.PNG
Sardegna Road Track A.PNG

CHOSEN BY @SAMHAIN85
Mazda Roadster Touring Car
TIME OF DAY: 5:15
SPORT TIRES

Nate Subaru BRZ.PNG
Brands Hatch GP.PNG

CHOSEN BY @NASCARNATE91
TIME OF DAY: 18:15
SPORTS TIRES

Rob Ferrari.PNG
Laguna seca.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Rob Brown
Ferrari ’84 GTO
SPORT TIRES

Xexploit Skyline.PNG
Laguna seca.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Xexploit
SPORT TIRES

Courage Renault.PNG
Dragontrail Seaside.PNG

CHOSEN BY @CourageRising
RACING TIRES

FUDMAN BUGATI.PNG

Monza.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Fudman420
RACING TIRES

Nate Mercedes.PNG
Red Bull RIng.PNG

CHOSEN BY @NASCARNATE91
Mercedes Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG 1971
TIME OF DAY: 13:15
RACING TIRES

Harry Ferrari.PNG
Catlunya.PNG

CHOSEN BY @Harry Rowley
SPORT TIRES

Current amount of credits for all cars above:

11,768,000 CR.

Last edited:
On faster guys On different tyre compounds hope not based on div 1 and two because very obvious there’s some of us are in div one not on pace but because of snail only having 2 divs now.

On faster guys On different tyre compounds hope not based on div 1 and two because very obvious there’s some of us are in div one not on pace but because of snail only having 2 divs now.

I 100% agree. The upper D1 guys will be on hards, lower D1 and upper D2 will be on mediums, and lower D2 will be on softs. While it's not a perfect handicapping system it'll help even the playing field. I'm not a huge fan of boost, but we might sprinkle some low boost races in for the hell of it too. Just to try and tighten the field

Last edited:
Added you guys. I have a feeling this will most likely take place on Sunday night. Once it's confirmed I'll have you guys start posting combos so everyone can have the correct cars before hand.

I'd like to open up the garage a bit and allow some others cars we wouldn't normally be able to use because of SNAIL's 2million credit cap. Maybe we raise it to 5 million for this event?

Snail is still $1M, so even $2 or $3M cap opens up some dandies. I’m all for it, especially the $1.8M Shelby Cobra!
Oh and the ‘84 GTO (Ferrari) is an incredible car at $1.8 or $2M

Last edited:
@SAMHAIN85
Planning to try get in on the action if my Sunday night stars align. If I am able to make it on, it would be on the later side around 10pm est after the Mrs goes to bed. If not and she's in the movie binging mood I may end up MIA..lol. Mark me tentative. Everyone have a great Christmas.
:cheers:

Snail is still $1M, so even $2 or $3M cap opens up some dandies. I’m all for it, especially the $1.8M Shelby Cobra!
Oh and the ‘84 GTO (Ferrari) is an incredible car at $1.8 or $2M

It's been so long since I've picked a prize that I must've gotten the caps mixed up. Let's set the credit cap to $2M, that should open up more cars without breaking the bank too much

@SAMHAIN85
Planning to try get in on the action if my Sunday night stars align. If I am able to make it on, it would be on the later side around 10pm est after the Mrs goes to bed. If not and she's in the movie binging mood I may end up MIA..lol. Mark me tentative. Everyone have a great Christmas.
:cheers:

No problem. The lobby will be open for a few hours and you can join whenever.

I think I'm gonna "STOP THE COUNT" and close voting. It looks like 9PM EST Sunday 12/27 will be when we get this party started. @JLBowler when you have a minute please close the pool above thanks.

You may begin posting your 2 combo selections. $2M credit cap for cars, and when choosing a track you can specify which time of day/weather slot to use. Be sure it's the 2 combos you want and don't edit your selections. I don't want people to purchase cars that end up not being used if you decided to change your mind.

If you pick a wet race it's going to be difficult to try and keep everyone evenly matched since there's really only one tire compound to choose. I haven't done too many wet races but I think the drop off from Wets to Intermediates might be a bit steep. So to compensate for that maybe we'll have to use "low boost" for the wet races. And if we do use that, we'll have to throw the fastest lap bonus point out the window since lap times get so skewed with boost on. Thoughts?

As combos come in I'll make an organized list in the first post. Come race night everyone should have most if not all of the cars bought which will make transitioning from one combo to the next very easy and timely. Less bs and waiting = more time for racing.

If you have time to test your combo give me a guesstimate on how many laps the race should be. Our races will fall anywhere from 8-10mins roughly.

View attachment 979963
SNAIL

2020 Holiday Event

A collection of sprint races chosen by you to celebrate the end of a wild year

Lobby opens @ 9PM EST 12/27
Come and go as you please

Think of this as a casual yet organized open online lobby. Its meant to be fun with hardly any waiting between races, but still competitive with points

ALL DRIVERS WILL EXHIBIT CLEAN RACECRAFT

Race Night:

I will randomly select combos suggested by everyone and we will have an 8-10min sprint race there. We won't use your combo unless you are in the lobby, that way you get a chance to run it.

Tire compound will be pre-determined by skill level. The faster guys will be on the harder compound with the slower guys being on the softer compound. If we've never raced before you will start on mediums and I will tweak you from there.

Grids will be set to "Reverse Grid" all night long, but we might throw in some occasional qualifying to keep things fresh.

We might also use "winner picks class, runner-up picks track" races as well. And have a couple races determined by the in-game track voting feature.

1st 16
2nd 15
3rd 14
4th 13
5th 12

...and so on

1 bonus point will be awarded to fastest lap of the race

I will keep a live tally of scores throughout the night (it will be linked here)
We might do 10 races, or we might do 30 races come race night depending on the turnout and interest. We will have drop scores in effect so people still have a chance at winning even though they weren't present for the entire event. More on that later

Open to all members of GTPlanet

Just reply to this thread that you are interested

Count me in!

Volkswagen Sambabus Typ 2 '62 (maxed out power ratio)
75,000 cr
Circuit de la Sarthe No Chicane
Lap time ~ 6:30 on comfort tires

Renault Sport R.S.01 '16 Gr. X
500,000 cr
Dragon Trail - Seaside
Lap time 1:39 on RH

Last edited:
Im late to the party but im down! Ill edit this post after i do some testing.

Pagani Zonda R 09 (1.8m)@ St. Croix B

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13 @ Monza

Last edited:
This price cap would effect me for sure. Would anyone consider just capping total for all cars at $5 mill. I don’t think all drivers have bottomless credits. That would at least give some less funded members a goal to achieve prior. Easier to set people up for success this way!

Suggestions for all spec based on grid and driver level for tires.

Viper SRT gt3-R 15
Fuji International
Racing tires

Ferrari 512 BB 76
Barcelona
Sports tires

Last edited:
I'm choosing:

Mazda Roadster @ Sardegna Road Track A

Renault Gordini '66 @ Willowsprings Streets of Willow II

I have added all of the combos to the first post. Just hit the spoiler boxes and you can see them all. I'll update them with laps some time tomorrow, and I'll have to specify what each car is since the thumbnail doesnt specify. They are listed in the order they were announced in the thread. They will either be randomized before the lobby is open or as the night progresses.

If you see a 👍 next to your name then you're good and have already submitted 2 combos. If you havent yet please post it asap. I want to make sure everyone has all the correct cars. Remember to keep the car you choose under 2M credits. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Back