SNAIL CHALLENGE - TBD

• Thread starter Neutty
  • 197 comments
United States
Gardner, KS
full

Official race nights are for Snail Members ONLY!​

A qualifying race (Dirty) that will set the field for Four races that will consist of lap totals that will be close to 12 - 15 minutes in length. Using Snail rules and strictly enforcing no dirty racing for the actual races but allowing dirty racing for the qualifying race!

The lobby will be open at 8:30 EST. At 9:00 the host will Start a NASTY DIRTY CRAZY Race at Northern Isle which will be the qualifier for the nights event. Demolition derby to say the least. Do whatever it takes to win! This will set the field for the next race. (more on this race below.)

The last place finisher TO THE DRIVER WHO TAKES THE FLAG and doesn't sit on track will be allowed to choose 1 of the N class cars in the list for the next race AS WELL AS what tire compound we will be running. Then after race 2 the same thing follows, IF YOU SIT ON TRACK EXPECTING TO GET TO START AT THE FRONT OF THE NEXT RACE AND SELECTION OF THE NEXT RACE THAT WONT HAPPEN. You will be placed behind the field. You are then not eligible for prizes.

Have your choice in mind as we will only allow 5 minutes for you to decide, as this will be a little break before the next session, if a choice has not been made, then @Neutty will make the choice at random.

All drivers in the lobby will VOTE for the next course to race, the voting period will start after the car has been selected. ALL TRACKS ARE AVAILABLE EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING. CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE, CIRCUIT DE LA SARTHE NO CHICANE, NORDSCHLEIFE AND THE 24 HOURS OF NURBURGRING ARE NOT ALLOWED. Time of day will be what the voting process brings EXCEPT for the Tokyo circuits and Northern Isle those will be the last choice. Tires will be chosen by the one who makes the car choice.

The next race will have a 10 minute practice session this will allow me to set the laps for the race!

The points system will run like it does on any given Sunday night per the OLR. EXCEPT, THIS IS WHERE THE POINTS DONT MATTER COMES IN EFFECT. THERE WILL BE 6 DIFFERENT WAYS THE FINISHING ORDER WILL BE INVERTED. THERE WILL BE A ROLL OF A DICE.

1 = NO INVERT
2 = TOP 2 INVERT
3 = TOP 6 INVERT
4 = TOP 8 INVERT
5 = TOP 10 INVERT
6 = TOP 12 INVERT

Lobby settings are as follows.

Start type - Grid Start with False Start Check

Boost - Strong

Slipstream - Strong

Visible Damage - On

Mechanical Damage - Light

Tire Wear - x5

Fuel Wear - x3

Grip Red. on... Track Edge - Real

Finish Race Delay - 90 sec

Max Power and Minimum Weight - Set to the selected car

Tires - Car Selectors choice

Tuning - Prohibited

Everything in Penalty - Either NONE or OFF

Limit Driving Options - ABS no limit --- ALL OTHER ARE PROHIBITED/OFF

Now for the races.

Qualifier - Free For All
Car - ISO Rivolta Zagato VGT. Gr.X
Tire Compound - EVERYONE WILL BE ON COMFORT HARDS
Track - Northern Isle
Laps - 12

Races are CLEAN
Race - 1

Car - determined by the slowest qualifier.
Tire compound - Determined by the slowest qualifier.
Track - determined by the Lobby
Starting order - Determined by the qualifier.

Race - 2
Car - Determined by the Last place car that does not stop and wait in Race 1.
Tire Compound - same as the car choice
Track - Lobby Vote
Starting order - REVERSE GRID OF THE PREVIOUS RACE.

Race - 3
Car - Determined by the Last place car that does not stop and wait in Race 2.
Tire Compound - same as the car choice
Track - Lobby Vote
Starting order - REVERSE GRID OF THE PREVIOUS RACE.

Prizes are amazon gift cards

1st - $75
2nd - $50
3rd - $25

****IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD AND ILL PUT YOU ON THE LIST!****

Last edited:
dont forget. The races are 20-25 minutes in length. Start thinking about your times. The first race I will get it as close to the 25 minute mark as possible. The other races are tough. We will do everything in our power to get the race time down to the 20 minute mark. If by chance we run Sarthe it will be a spread out field and the last place car could be behind some. I don’t want any races ending before a 20 minute mark though.

When you guess your time it needs to look something like this. 01:05.678 as if there is a tie at the minute mark we will move to the seconds for the tie breaker. If that is the same then we will move to most consistent (average) finish of the two. You can onl guess once.

The previous sentence has been added to the first post.

The car list has been updated. In the 2nd post.
The first combo has been established as well

I unfortunately must withdraw from the snail challenge. I just now realized it is the same night as my company Christmas party. I apologize.

Back