SNAIL Division 1 - September 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Queens, NY
RayzaBlayz
I can do replays again this month, but I can't make it tonight. Someone needs to fill in just for tonight

@pakicote, I put you as backup replays because you normally attend and I know you have access to replays. Are you able to do replays tonight paki?

I'll not be coming back to race with you guys till the next holidays :(. I'll still sometimes appear for C&M because it's a "Saturday morning" for me but Sunday morning is not happening. Thank you guys for the great racing, and have fun! :D

Thanks guys! Area 51 Time Finally :sly:

However I won't it tonight as I'm out of town and Won't be back till 10 pm cst but I should make it tomorrow night

Best of luck tonight fellas

Sorry @SAMHAIN85 but I'll live stream next week :cheers:

Hey guys , my PS3 is dying It makes a strange noise and suddenly the game freeze . I don't know what it is . Ill try to race tonight but I don't know if my PS3 support all the night .
@Ricky_Blayz

Some of the perks of being a Performance Driving School Instructor is the ability to take Ford Spec Racer out from time to time and give a workout. Just thought I'd make a short video showcasing some of the fun our school has to offer:

Enjoy! If you're interested about the school the website is http://birperformance.com

Feedback is welcome! Don't be too harsh as I wasn't going 10/10ths :)

PS. This is one of the reasons I don't make it to Sunday night races...sorry

Some of the perks of being a Performance Driving School Instructor is the ability to take Ford Spec Racer out from time to time and give a workout. Just thought I'd make a short video showcasing some of the fun our school has to offer:

Enjoy! If you're interested about the school the website is http://birperformance.com

Feedback is welcome! Don't be too harsh as I wasn't going 10/10ths :)

PS. This is one of the reasons I don't make it to Sunday night races...sorry

Awesome video and great driving! Your one of the instructors there? Brainerd is about an hour and 15 minutes away from me and have considered going up there to try it out many times but probably will this fall or next summer for sure. Thanks Vovik!

Awesome video and great driving! Your one of the instructors there? Brainerd is about an hour and 15 minutes away from me and have considered going up there to try it out many times but probably will this fall or next summer for sure. Thanks Vovik!
You should! There are still 3 PDS events this year. Check the site for dates. I should be instructing the last two of the year. Also Proving Grounds is weekend after next, that's a blast as well. I'll be there for that as well.

You should! There are still 3 PDS events this year. Check the site for dates. I should be instructing the last two of the year. Also Proving Grounds is weekend after next, that's a blast as well. I'll be there for that as well.
I'll have to check out my schedule and see if it lines up when I don't have to go to class for college. I'll definitely look into it and if I can afford it 👍

I skipped school to come to Sweden for my final CIK-FIA race. Track is super physical, my neck is flying around in every corner D: Hoping to get back to the top of the charts by tonight! :D

I skipped school to come to Sweden for my final CIK-FIA race. Track is super physical, my neck is flying around in every corner D: Hoping to get back to the top of the charts by tonight! :D

Good Luck! , which category?

Good Luck! , which category?
OK-Junior (replaced KF-Junior), in the academy. So far it's not looking good, my neck can't handle the g-forces on this track :( My first lap was the best out of 14, which is never ideal, if I had the strength I would probably be in the top 5. I'll change to a smaller helmet, maybe it'll help me because it's a little lighter.

OK-Junior (replaced KF-Junior), in the academy. So far it's not looking good, my neck can't handle the g-forces on this track :( My first lap was the best out of 14, which is never ideal, if I had the strength I would probably be in the top 5. I'll change to a smaller helmet, maybe it'll help me because it's a little lighter.

I has the same issue with my neck when I start in pro karts . The solution for me was a lightweight helmet (with my measures because if is not your exact size you may have a serious injury in case of accident ,I hope you will have nice and clean race but think about it) also i think the great solution on the whole with the helmet was the leatt neck brace for karting. Try it it's a great product for us.

I has the same issue with my neck when I start in pro karts . The solution for me was a lightweight helmet (with my measures because if is not your exact size you may have a serious injury in case of accident ,I hope you will have nice and clean race but think about it) also i think the great solution on the whole with the helmet was the leatt neck brace for karting. Try it it's a great product for us.
I've tried it before, and it doesn't suit my neck because it's too small. Anyways what's worse is that I'm the only one with the soft neck braces, everyone else drives with only the helmet and gloves. I'm gonna try the smaller helmet, hopefully it's light enough. I'm gonna do my time trial in 50 minutes, I might not even do the entirety of the 8 minutes given to set a lap time, I'll probably do one to warm up the tyres and engine, one or two hotlaps then stop or rest for a lap before pushing again.

So... Everything's going horribly wrong. I've not gotten the direct entry into the prefinal (top 28), I've got to go through the second chance heat in 6th or higher to be qualified in the next race. I may not be the best racer, but I'm certainly not the worst. I've tried everything, maximized every inch of the track, and still I'm going 1 second slower per lap. I'm starting to think the tyres are unequal because I remember in the first and second round I had very bad lap times for the practice but in the race I was on par with the top runners. Maybe this time I've just run out of luck and I got a bad set of tyres. I hope they change the tyre manufacturer next year because this is pretty much turning into a lottery. The engine seems ok, not the best but not the worst either. I'll try my best to get into the prefinal but with this disadvantage it'll be very complicated.

On a side note:

My brazilian friend gave me some of his magical cream to put on my neck and it magically worked. :D

So... Everything's going horribly wrong. I've not gotten the direct entry into the prefinal (top 28), I've got to go through the second chance heat in 6th or higher to be qualified in the next race. I may not be the best racer, but I'm certainly not the worst. I've tried everything, maximized every inch of the track, and still I'm going 1 second slower per lap. I'm starting to think the tyres are unequal because I remember in the first and second round I had very bad lap times for the practice but in the race I was on par with the top runners. Maybe this time I've just run out of luck and I got a bad set of tyres. I hope they change the tyre manufacturer next year because this is pretty much turning into a lottery. The engine seems ok, not the best but not the worst either. I'll try my best to get into the prefinal but with this disadvantage it'll be very complicated.

On a side note:

My brazilian friend gave me some of his magical cream to put on my neck and it magically worked. :D

maybe the chassis setup need some adjustments. Also you have to check your disk brake compound , ceramic is the best(don't know if it's permitted by FIA in your category) And the most important thing...lot of practice . Don't worry kid you are on the right way just keep your mind in flow at the track.
Good luck for the second chance.

maybe the chassis setup need some adjustments. Also you have to check your disk brake compound , ceramic is the best(don't know if it's permitted by FIA in your category) And the most important thing...lot of practice . Don't worry kid you are on the right way just keep your mind in flow at the track.
Good luck for the second chance.
Definitely not the chassis setup. During the championship I've been in the top 10 all the time when with good tyres. The problem is the won't allow you to replace a bad set because it'll be not fair for the others. A real shame because this is the last race. I practice every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday every week so I'm pretty sure that's already quite a lot.

Thanks, I will do my best.

It's 4AM and I'm going to take a flight back to France soon. I did make it into the prefinal, but only because my "train" was so chaotic that they got penalties and I was the last to pass in 34th place lol. I climbed up to 27th place despite my lack of grip and physical strength, but when we entered the pits my front bumper was pressed-in for some reason (meaning I hit somebody). I've watched video and someone pushed me at the start and so I pushed the guy infront. His front bumper wasn't pressed-in. :( So I received the 10 second penalty dropping me back to 30th. Starting on the exterior lane, the people upfront got a horrible start because the interior flew past us before even reaching turn 1. Working my way up front the back, I was mostly sitting behind other guys, but when I saw the opportunity to give it a shot down the inside I always did. It paid off in the end and gave me an average 24th place which I'm happy with.

A shame that this tyre gap exists though. I've seen many people that could've been easily in the top 10 but who are not (including me).

I finished the championship in the top 15 spot, but 4th was definitely acheivable theoretically.

TL;DR LOLOLOLOOOLOOOOL

I won't be racing again tonight. Busy week with other stuff going on, and no practice at all. @pakicote can you do replays again? Thanks. See you guys next week

Late notice thought I could make it but I can't :( sorry guys my weekend looks more free next week so I should be there 👍

I asked this question in the main thread as well. Does anyone know if this is the 3rd or 4th (and so final) week in this racing season?

I asked this question in the main thread as well. Does anyone know if this is the 3rd or 4th (and so final) week in this racing season?
September 2016 Season
  • League Night #1 - August 28th
  • September 4th - No league night because of Labor Day weekend
  • League Night #2 - September 11th
  • League Night #3 - September 18th
  • League Night #4 - September 25th

Regrettably, I will not be racing tonight. Some things have come up that require my attention.
I will be back next week.

The duty of hosting will need to be picked up for tonight by someone else.

FYI I believe Vegasracer is also not available tonight. Please confirm that with him to make certain. If this is the case then a new host will be needed as the primary and the backup are not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back