SNAIL Division 2 - April 2016 Season

• Thread starter MSgtGunny
  • 55 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost that time. Room will be opened by 9:05pm est and will be set to fixed host. As a reminder to everyone, please reset modem/routers and clear your cache before entering the race room. This will hopefully help us have a trouble free night. Good luck to everyone and see you all at race time.

@MSgtGunny
Not sure if I'm right here, but I believe GTMX-Oscar should have recieved last place points for the last race. He was up towards the front and lagged out of the race at the very end. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@MSgtGunny
Not sure if I'm right here, but I believe GTMX-Oscar should have recieved last place points for the last race. He was up towards the front and lagged out of the race at the very end. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I didn't notice him disconnect, but if thats the case then yes he should have last place points for that race.

@JLBowler what is the process to rectify that?

I didn't notice him disconnect, but if thats the case then yes he should have last place points for that race.

@JLBowler what is the process to rectify that?

Fixed. I don't know how to sort the results on my phone, however. It moves Oscar to 3rd on the night.

Yes, I changed the scores in both files.

EDIT:
I'll resort it when I get home and can do it on a real computer, unless someone else beats me to it, ie @JLBowler @nmcp1

So I saw one of 2 other discrepancies relative to people getting points for disconnecting and starting positions. I put them in, and it changed a position around 8-10 so not a change to a prize position. It should be fully complete now and sorted in the score sheet (I don't have access to the data sheet).

So I saw one of 2 other discrepancies relative to people getting points for disconnecting and starting positions. I put them in, and it changed a position around 8-10 so not a change to a prize position. It should be fully complete now and sorted in the score sheet (I don't have access to the data sheet).

Although it may not seem like it affects a prize, it can very much so. The formula takes into account the number of total race finishers to calculate the adjusted score. So those additional inputs from DC's will make a difference. ie, give the division winner a higher adjusted score. Make sense?

Thanks for making the corrections on the score sheet. If you don't mind PM'ing me the changes, I'll put them in the data sheet.

Although it may not seem like it affects a prize, it can very much so. The formula takes into account the number of total race finishers to calculate the adjusted score. So those additional inputs from DC's will make a difference. ie, give the division winner a higher adjusted score. Make sense?

Thanks for making the corrections on the score sheet. If you don't mind PM'ing me the changes, I'll put them in the data sheet.
I made 2 changes:
In Round 2 Race 2, Jonesman got disconnected right as the race started, he had gotten left off completely in that race, so I put him starting 11th, then shifted oscar and I back a position to 12 and 13 respectively.

Then in Round 3 Race 2, whitey had a starting position without an ending position, but he left the lobby before the race started so I removed the starting position for him. He did not receive points for this race because he left the lobby before the race started.

I also added comments at the end to better reflect the reasons for those changes.

After those changes, Jonesman ended up tied for 8th with 53 points with kgfft, which he won the tie with his podiums.

I'm not sure how the data sheet looks, but if it has a similar layout, to account for position changes you could sort both alphabetically, then copy the data in, the resort in position order. Just an idea.

Copy & Paste = bad in Google Docs. I've fixed Jonesman's and it looks like Whitey already doesn't have a score, so that should be right. I'll double check it all tonight as well. Thanks.

Copy & Paste = bad in Google Docs. I've fixed Jonesman's and it looks like Whitey already doesn't have a score, so that should be right. I'll double check it all tonight as well. Thanks.

You should be able to see my changes by hitting File->See Revision History. Then you can click things on the right to see different revision states.

You should be able to see my changes by hitting File->See Revision History. Then you can click things on the right to see different revision states.

Yup, but I can't do any of that with the Google "Sheets" app.

I was about to input the laptimes for last and this week's data but I see some nice person has already done the duty. Thank you whoever you are 👍

Edit: Btw, Congrats to the gentleman that is @pakicote for the Prize A win. Is it your first?

Last edited:
I was about to input the laptimes for last and this week's data but I see some nice person has already done the duty. Thank you whoever you are 👍

Edit: Btw, Congrats to the gentleman that is @pakicote for the Prize A win. Is it your first?

It's my second Prize A win I think. I remember picking the XJ220 but almost nobody liked it lol

Room will be opened by 9:05pm est and will be set to fixed host. As a reminder to everyone, please reset modem/routers and clear your cache before entering the race room. This will hopefully help us have a trouble free night. Good luck to everyone and see you all at race time.
***Please have a backup host setup for tonight. My car broke down on the way home, and I will not be home in time to run***

Last edited:
guys... have been trying to fend off a cold and have pretty much zero practice. I'll skip tonight and join my wife since 'Winter is Coming'. See ya guys next week!

@MSgtGunny
I will be out of town on vacation this weekend and will not be racing this upcoming Sunday night. Please have backup hosting arrangements made. I will be back and resume hosting duties thereafter. Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

@MSgtGunny
I will be out of town on vacation this weekend and will not be racing this upcoming Sunday night. Please have backup hosting arrangements made. I will be back and resume hosting duties thereafter. Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.
Thanks for the notification, I should be able to host this week.

I will be unable to make it this weekend due to family obligations I was "volunteered" for by the better half. I'll catch up with you all next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back