SNAIL Division 2 - January 2018 Season

• Thread starter nmcp1
  • 45 comments
Made it home safe. Plan to race tonight. I have no laptop to support live scoring.

I am going to see if i can stream the event

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't think I practice enough and honestly just don't care to because I don't enjoy the gameplay of GTS. I'm only here to bring back my reputation and hopefully join some of the other guys on the Dark Side of PCars2. I'll stick around no matter what but I have the same motivation like I did before.

I really don't think I have the times to stay in D2 for long. I'd rather be in the top end of the field and compete in D3 than always qualify in the mid-rear and try not to get in the way all night.

Oh crap, what did I say? Whatever it was you know I didn't mean it like that.

Edit: Did you think I meant I want to be in a lower division because I'll have a better chance of winning? Absolutely not! I'm crap! I just feel the competition would be more even around my ability compared to what it is in D2. I feel in D2 I'm on the low end of the competition while in D3 I might be in the middle. Is that so bad? A win is never guaranteed.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, my qualifying is garbage most nights, so my focus has been to try for best consistency and limiting mistakes (has worked out so well lately from lack of practice myself). However, the racing is the most intense at all positions. Every position is a battle.

Just pointing out that the attitude should probably be the opposite. "I suck here so I'd rather just go somewhere where I can beat everyone" instead of "Crap, this is tough here... need to work harder to improve" 👍 This doesn't just apply to the microcosm that is SNAIL either.. ;)

I’m sure I’ll never be prepared for SNAIL races :lol:

However, the anxiety that 9:30 rolls around is growing exponentially. I guess it’s because it’s something new I get to add to my Sunday night schedule.
First night jitters can get the best of people. After 5 years in this league I still get worked up at the first 3, 2, 1... GO! Try to stay relaxed and get into a rhythm. Most of us have been racing with each other for a long while so we're all pretty comfortable. You'll get there as well it will just take some time. 👍

I’m sure I’ll never be prepared for SNAIL races :lol:

However, the anxiety that 9:30 rolls around is growing exponentially. I guess it’s because it’s something new I get to add to my Sunday night schedule.
Welcome to D2, and the anxiety for first night is killer. This is a fast group, and as mentioned we have been racing each other for quite a while and know each others habits and tendencies. Best advice, focus on running your race as clean, consistent, and mistake free as possible, and don't let yourself get frustrated. Also, re-read the olr and review your corner and track position rights. It helps take some of the questions out of your decisions. It takes a few weeks to settle in, then the real fun begins. Good luck tonight and see you on the grid.

Ill be there.

Had some problems recently with my G29 break pedal. Looks like i broke a spring. Result was that my brakes were coming on and slowing me down. I got my g27 pedal set out of the basement and im back in business.

Brake pressure is quite different and have to get used to it again

Back