Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'SNAIL Archives' started by Raw10_2u, Jul 8, 2018.
@DublDee @vVItravisIVv do you want to vote?
Who know's? When it comes to computers, modems and internet.....I'm a write off, so I have no idea why crap happens the way it does on this game, but it's just too much of a hassle!
Was I lagging in the last race? .. Hope I fixed it? Ps4 just shut down.. Never had that before
PS4 may have overheated. PD has had issues since Thursday. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s was the main cause of all of this
My PS4 shut down suddenly, about a week ago - set a fan next to it, no more Shut Downs. (so far)
My ps4 failed to connect about 8 times. not sure what happened there.
Sounds like everyone just had a rough night
But I ended up running a wire from my router to my ps4 and haven't had any connection or glitching issues since just a thought
@DublDee ,@Grandpa Money @vVItravisIVv ,Gentleman,What the host should do:
1. Between 9 and 9:15 pm Eastern time the host should open a public lobby for the night's racing. This room should be set to the first track from the time it is opened. The host should not allow hot lapping or practice before the start of the race night.
2. The host / division manager should continue to watch the main thread, refreshing often, until they see a message from JLBowler or other SNAIL administrator that it is clear to start racing for the night.
3. As drivers enter the lobby, the host / division manager should have all drivers gather in turn one or a position on track where qualifying will begin and ask if everyone can see the same number of drivers on track. Drivers must be on the track for this and not sitting in the pits. If all drivers don't see the same number of drivers the host should ask those drivers to leave and rejoin while the host waits to start the night. Drivers should not be using this time to run laps or go and drift other parts of the course. Just go sit in turn one and let everyone count so we can get started.
4. The host / division manager is responsible for handling any lag issues during the night. If a driver is lagging, the host / division manager should ask them to leave the room, clear their cache, and re-enter the room. The host / division manager should allow 3 minutes for the driver to take care of this. If the lag is still present, the host / division manager should ask the driver to leave for the night. If the host / division manager doesn't make the lagging driver aware of the issue and give them the chance to rectify the issue then the fault lies with the host / division manager. Most of the time, the driver that is lagging will not know it. Other cars will appear to have slight jittery movements to them. Meanwhile, the driver lagging will be flying all over the track with tires smoking.
What the driver should do:
1. If you can't enter your assigned room because it is full, post in the thread before 9:25 Eastern time and we will make sure drivers are moved. If you wait until 1 or 2 minutes before race time, you run the risk of not being able to get in. We want to start the night on time so that we can finish on time. Do not take it upon yourself to go to a different division and race.
2. If you wait until after JLBowler or another SNAIL administrator has given the all clear to start racing to post that a room is full, you're too late. We will not move drivers around to accommodate a late arriving driver.
3. Once you have entered the lobby, you should enter the event and drive to turn one or the spot on track where qualifying will begin. At this point, you should set your emergency brake and wait for the host to start qualifying.
4. If you are told that you are lagging badly and affecting other drivers, please do the considerate thing and leave in the middle of the race. You will receive last place points but you won't ruin the race for another driver. This will give you extra time to try and get your connection sorted and get back for the next race without holding up the room too much. It's better to get last place points for leaving early to get it sorted than it is to miss the start of the next race and get 0 points if you can't get back to the room in three minutes.
It was my decision and in retrospect I should have asked you both to leave for the night.The decision is not on a personal level gentlemen and should not be taken that way.Note the responsibilities of those affected by lag (those who are not seeing each other) if these guidelines are followed ,then the management won't have to make the decision.Everyone knows that lag affects the entire field and everyone's enjoyment.Apologies to @DublDee it was not an easy decision and not necessarily the right one.
If you read just a little further from where you found that, it is spelled out as to when and which driver should leave if the problems can't be fixed in the event of "invisible drivers"
Special Instructions for invisible drivers or glitch race starts.
1. In the event that all drivers are not able to see all other drivers on track the host should ask that all affected drivers leave the room and reenter. If this does not fix the issue any driver that can not be seen by everyone else in the room should be asked to leave the room for the night. Example: Driver A can not see Driver B. The rest of the room can see Driver B but not Driver A. Both drivers should leave the room and reenter. Upon reentering, the problem is the same. Driver A should leave for the night as the rest of the room can't see them. Driver B can stay because the only person that couldn't see them was Driver A. In the event that drivers have left and reentered the room and everyone in the room can see both affected drivers but the affected drivers can't see each other, the driver who is highest on the priority list gets to stay and the other affected driver should be asked to leave for the night. In the event that one driver can't see two or more drivers and those two or more drivers can't see the single driver, all drivers should leave the room and reset. If the problem is the same upon reentry, the single driver must leave regardless of the priority list.
What's going on with the data for D2? Is anybody doing that?
Sorry gentleman, I just looked and saw that it is complete. Thank you @MajorBlixem !
No problem, I will try to get it done sooner, just had a busy week
Not a problem, summer has all of us a bit behind. I just finished 2weels worth of IR’s!
Gentleman, please state your intentions regarding this evenings events.
I'm in .
I'm racing + scoring.
I have got a power outage at my house right now. Not sure if they will get it up in time, so do not know when I will arrive. Will jump on as soon as it is up again.
Will be there + data
Looking forward to being there.
Well, was not to be.
Not sure if that has happened to me before. Sorry that I caused so much delay tonight.
Wasn't just you tex.. Others having issues as well
Guess I'm done.. PS4 shut off again
My PS4 suddenly shut off a week ago. I put a fan to blow on it - hasn't happened again since then.
I got booted put of the room and it never would let me rejoin I tested going into other rooms and it worked just fine so not sure what is going on
I updated software in safe mode.. Stuck a fan on it.. Was able to finish last 2 races.. Hope its good now..
sorry guys- replays are up now. real life was getting in the way !!! lol
Apologies gentleman for leaving Sunday night. After all the excitement,I was worn out and could not continue.Thanks to all who kept things running as smooth as could be.Hopes that PD/Psn gets there stuff together and fixes this current problem with networking.It is making me crazy! (ier)
I keep wanting to try i-racing and if I ever had the kinds of PSN connection issues that some have, I think that would make me go try it. Problem is that I’m not serious about improving or proving anything to anybody. I just like driving all kinds of fast cars on tracks with respectful competitors that have a similar desire. I like the community here.
Ladies and Gentleman,Please state your intentions regarding tonight's events.Tonight @Rob Brown will be hosting ,if we encounter network issues that require a new room,then I will host,next in line will be @TomMang_68 if he is willing.Let's all welcome @Shotgungho @AdamK3190 to this band of misfits! Welcome to the jungle!