SNAIL Division 3 - February 2017 Season

• Thread starter JamCar0ne
  • 61 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'll make it tonight. I don't want the stress of dealing with those two RUFs.

Okay, but I really shouldn't be listed as main host. I'd prefer to just be back-up. We should try JLBowler as fixed again tonight.

Were there any issues last week? If not, whoever hosted can host again and I'll be back-up if needed.

I'm unable to do any other stuff as my computer is crap. Again, I'm backup, you should host

@JamCar0ne, thanks for hosting. To be honest I nearly quit after the first race! Hadn't tried it out and qualified about 3 seconds of the pace. :shocked: But so glad I stayed because R1R2 was hugely enjoyable and very difficult, even with busy 123bhp. Raw10_2u and had a fantastic contest for the win - a replay worth watching.

The RUFs each got 5 laps of single player TT so I could compare to my own ghost what worked. It paid off big time! DS3 is a bit of a cheat for catching oversteer and it makes a nice change to have advantage over wheel angles...even if they are pointing the wrong way for half the lap. :lol:

In the final race at Madrid I got caught up in traffic and just tried to survive to the end. That was my least favourite part of the night but I did enjoy getting a different set of views around the detailed Madrid scenery. 👍

Last edited:
Please confirm your duty availability for tonight.

Who would like to be the BACKUP REPLAY UPLOADER??

I usually grab replays but haven't seen the upload system. Happy to learn if any are missed.

I think there is a policy requiring the replays to be uploaded by someone in north america. Thanks for offering though.

The preference is that the replays come from a North American driver but if there is no other option, anything is better than nothing.

I just got back home today and may or may not be racing tonight. If I had to put a number on it, it's probably 80% not racing / 20% racing at this point.

Sorry guys...no racing for me tonight due to the connection problems. Gotta get up early tomorrow, can't finish in the weee hours of the morning.

@CoachMK21 asked to make new room. It crashed when he tried saving settings. EDIT: Making room manually.

(I can make room using settings from combo thread. But EU host for Western drivers wouldn't be ideal.)

got tired of waiting so made one with voice disabled in an attempt to stabilize room. Let me know when you have one up and I will close it

EDIT: we coming to your room

Round 3 at Route 5 Reverse was so nostalgic. 0.5° camber front and rear makes the car responsive for DS3, with plenty of traction from the 4WD.

Race 2 was quite bumpy for myself and a couple of drivers. The IR deadline passed while I was still picking through it. As far as I can tell, everything got resolved on track by drivers letting each other by after any clear mistakes. We held each other up but it was a lot of fun seeing what was possible - and what wasn't! Ultimately it worked out fair and square, with everyone making their own misjudgements and concessions (me included).

@CoachMK21 you are using 1st gear in the tight right hairpin after the underpass? I stay in 2nd through there - loads of torque and avoids the slow shift from 1st to 2nd. Also found it easier to manage traction this way. Hope it helps.

Maybe that's where I got the 8 thousands for pole on my last qualifying lap. :D

I wasn't using 1st gear every time. My reasoning was that I felt 1st gear allowed me to better rotate the car for the tight turn. In qualifying, my issue was wheel spin before the long back straight. If I could run consistent 1:26.4's, I'd be fine, but the occasional 1:28 hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back