SNAIL Division 5 - November 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Divisional Manager, Host and Replay Uploading, please let me know who can take care of Scorekeeping and Data.

Another season with Champ as my div host....yay. Mark and MB, if you guys don't race tonight, I might have a chance. Maybe MB can stay up past his bedtime and finish the night. I hope to see a crowded turnout tonight. What else is there to do on a Sunday night?

Sorry about last night. For some reason everything else is working on my ps3 except gt6, so I left early so as to not mess up anyone else's night. Hopefully next week will be better.

It's alright Hellbringer, GT6 been having problems online and don't understand why. Would think the problems been fixed by now with PD.

Welcome Zpower and Aero to D5.

Thanks Champ. Was hoping JL was going to put me back here. Haven't raced Sunday's since Jan season, going to have to get used to sprint racing again after a year of endurance stuff.
Of course, my main reason for wanting to be in D5 was the chance to torment Lobban and Trucker, lol.
Looking forward to racing with my old competitors and some new to me racers.
Cheers,
Aero

Nice to see Oreo, I mean Aero back from the Crusades. He says he wants to kick my ass, ha, good luck with that.

Please, no sheep comments, as he had to leave Dolly behind in England. Heartbroken.

Got disconnected in the middle of a race. Didn't bother to return because that affected my points majorly, there is was no point in continuing. I don't know why we continued that race, knowing that there were people not able to see the whole field....

Got disconnected in the middle of a race. Didn't bother to return because that affected my points majorly, there is was no point in continuing. I don't know why we continued that race, knowing that there were people not able to see the whole field....

What is your vote for combo you liked the least?

If everyone couldn't see each other, the race never should have started. If a driver didn't state that they couldn't see everyone before the start of the race then that driver has some serious sportsmanship issues. If a driver can see everyone at the start of the race and then can't see everyone and doesn't see disconnect messages, they need to leave the room as soon as they realize what is going on. No individuals race is more important than the quality of racing for the group. If you can't see all the drivers and you know it, get out of the room and let everyone who can see everybody else race.

If everyone couldn't see each other, the race never should have started. If a driver didn't state that they couldn't see everyone before the start of the race then that driver has some serious sportsmanship issues. If a driver can see everyone at the start of the race and then can't see everyone and doesn't see disconnect messages, they need to leave the room as soon as they realize what is going on. No individuals race is more important than the quality of racing for the group. If you can't see all the drivers and you know it, get out of the room and let everyone who can see everybody else race.
I was seeing all 11 people in the race, but there were others that couldn't.

I would encourage all D-5 to view the replays ......... even if there is no IR intention.
Too many times the only reason we watch certain replays is to gather information to file an IR.

I believe that viewing all replays, from your view, from the cars behind you, from a rear-facing view of the car ahead of you ....... will provide considerable information about your driving.

A tremendous tool intended to help us all improve our skills and awareness. Maybe even for helpful conversations among the members. As in, "Would you take a look at (such & such) and let me know what you think?"

We don't necessarily improve by just looking out our own windshield - and blaming everyone else for our problems.

I would encourage all D-5 to view the replays ......... even if there is no IR intention.
Too many times the only reason we watch certain replays is to gather information to file an IR.

I believe that viewing all replays, from your view, from the cars behind you, from a rear-facing view of the car ahead of you ....... will provide considerable information about your driving.

A tremendous tool intended to help us all improve our skills and awareness. Maybe even for helpful conversations among the members. As in, "Would you take a look at (such & such) and let me know what you think?"

We don't necessarily improve by just looking out our own windshield - and blaming everyone else for our problems.

I agree with Tex. I often use the reviewing of the replays as a tool to improve my own driving. They can especially useful if you are losing time compared to others to see where you can improve. Also in reviewing the replays you might noticed something that you missed throughout the night.

Everyone should watch the races at Silverstone as there were many cones that didnt survive to see the end of the race.

Last edited:
I agree, i look at my driving on the replays to see if i made a mistake for example not lifting off the accelerator when we raced at Ascari. It's a way to improve driving on the track if we not just look at others racing and driving lines but more importantly our own to improve on mistakes if any made.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above statements. I have always watched the replays and you do learn a great deal. I can't tell you the times I've thought someone had done something wrong in the race, only to watch the replay and realize that I was actually the one at fault!
On another note, I had a fun time last night returning to Sunday racing, good to battle it out again with some familiar drivers and race with some new ones. Looking forward to next week, albeit without the room issues!

Crappy night for me, congrats to all the whiners, I mean winners last night. Aero did a great job on his return, second overall, not bad. Mark, you are expected to win, which you did, enjoy your last season in Div 5, D3 is calling.
Sucked for me as I had to race with one hand most of the night. My wrist is killing me, gotta get that checked out, an old hockey injury coming back to haunt me.
Sucks again getting DC'd in the last race, I coulda won that one. Lol.

Looks like I'm not racing tonight got disconnect 4 times. looks like I will need to upgrade my internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back