**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
Great racing tonight everyone. :cheers:
Some intense battles in both races from my angle.
I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so expect to see scoring and all post race stuff during the week.
I did share both replays for anyone wanting to snag some photos or review the races. Anyone needing to file any it's, please pm me with the usual data to have it reviewed. Deadline to submit is this Monday, 5pm est.
Hoping to try and catch Snail Sunday night this week if the stars align. Either way, have a great weekend Gents.👍

Last edited:
Hey fellas, see inside:
Wanted to give a heads up to everyone of a series I'm helping @Rob Brown organize for a "No ABS" series to start sometime in February, early if we get the grid stacked. We spent some time tonight testing cars that could be run stock, had enough grip to race confidently with ABS OFF, and that was neither too fast or too slow to be fun, and we settled on a car:
Screenshot_20210109-014601_Companion.jpg

The car will be run with No tuning, stock hp and stock weight on Sport Soft Tires. Run a few laps on you favorite track with ABS OFF and see what you think. Most cars in this game do not facilitate a fun experience without the use of ABS, but after testing, I was pleasantly surprised.
The plan is to run on Monday nights around 8:30pm-10pm est. @Rob Brown will be organizing and running the race nights, while I'll help out on the thread creation, scoring, and roster organization since I won't be able to race in the series due to work schedule.
More details to come, but just wanted to get the idea out for you guys to try out. If interested, post here in the thread, and we'll tag you for official sign up if interest is strong enough.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how close and intense the racing was last night. Special shout outs to @Noob01_lmdead (as usual I find myself behind that damn Mercedes), @nmcp1 (because history), @Bologna_Duc , @GTR4MROD and @llNovall for all the excellent door to door, bumper to bumper action.

Just watched the replays and damn there was some serious close respectful racing there. I think in race 2 I spent almost 10 laps trying to pass @Noob01_lmdead , just a white knuckle ride the whole way.

8368264322816704512_0.jpg
8368264322816705544_0.jpg

Snail Gr4-Michelin
Pilot Cup Challenge
Event #7 on 1/8/21
at Dragon Trail Gardens
Post Race Report

Event #7 at Dragon Trail Gardens continued to present us with some great racing.. 2 and 3 car battles were had all over the grid. From my end, I had a great late race battle after the caution with @GTR4MROD and @Roman_GT23 in Race 1, and tried everything to keep @IceWarden behind me going into the final laps of Race 2. Many other battles were observed, notably the closing lap of Race 1 in TCR. The replay broadcast caught many of these and many overtakes as well,, but feel free tonshare and elaborate on any races you may have enjoyed. Great job to everyone on the grid Friday night.

Very few incidents were noticed in this race event, and the deadline for filing an IR has expired. Overall, Great racing.:cheers:

Winners Circle
Our Event #7 Winners for each race:
Race 1 & 2 GS Class Winner: @IceWarden
Race 1 TCR Class Winner: @JLBowler
Race 2 TCR Class Winner: @MrDonovan

Overall Event #7 GS Class Winner:
@IceWarden :cheers:

Overall Event #7 TCR Class Repeat Winner:
@MrDonovan :cheers:

Congratulations to our Race and Overall Event Winners:cheers:

Scoring sheet link is available in the tab below:
Screenshot_20210113-141620_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-145423_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-141706_Sheets.jpg

By Nova
8368264331341628424_0.jpg
8511816559127200768_0.jpg
8503372309825881088_0.jpg
8512379519415387136_0.jpg
8502809359874555904_0.jpg
8511816567316579336_0.jpg
8358689773414547464_0.jpg
8367696973071942664_0.jpg
8368259923025362952_0.jpg
8359252725515453440_0.jpg
8368259922624806920_0.jpg
8359252726054420480_0.jpg
8359252723772720128_0.jpg
8511812160610926600_0.jpg
8511812171482562568_0.jpg
8502804963503670272_0.jpg
8511812161149894664_0.jpg
8511812162894725128_0.jpg
8368264322816704512_0.jpg
8368264322816705544_0.jpg
Race 1

Race 2
In Process

Actual replays can be found for playback at search tag: mpcc

No new Roster News to report.

Our next race is on:
Friday, February 5th at 9pm est
at Sardegna B-II

Race Event Details will be posted within the next week or so. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to confirm their attendance or availability at anytime between now and Thursday, 2/4/21, 5pm est.

Great racing everyone, and I'll look forward to our next event, and will see many of you in the Porsches on the 22nd. :cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 984535 View attachment 984536
Snail Gr4-Michelin
Pilot Cup Challenge
Event #7 on 1/8/21
at Dragon Trail Gardens
Post Race Report

Event #7 at Dragon Trail Gardens continued to present us with some great racing.. 2 and 3 car battles were had all over the grid. From my end, I had a great late race battle after the caution with @GTR4MROD and @Roman_GT23 in Race 1, and tried everything to keep @IceWarden behind me going into the final laps of Race 2. Many other battles were observed, notably the closing lap of Race 1 in TCR. The replay broadcast caught many of these and many overtakes as well,, but feel free tonshare and elaborate on any races you may have enjoyed. Great job to everyone on the grid Friday night.

Very few incidents were noticed in this race event, and the deadline for filing an IR has expired. Overall, Great racing.:cheers:

Winners Circle
Our Event #7 Winners for each race:
Race 1 & 2 GS Class Winner: @IceWarden
Race 1 TCR Class Winner: @JLBowler
Race 2 TCR Class Winner: @MrDonovan

Overall Event #7 GS Class Winner:
@IceWarden :cheers:

Overall Event #7 TCR Class Repeat Winner:
@MrDonovan :cheers:

Congratulations to our Race and Overall Event Winners:cheers:

Scoring sheet link is available in the tab below:

Race 1

Race 2
In Process

Actual replays can be found for playback at search tag: mpcc

No new Roster News to report.

Our next race is on:
Friday, February 5th at 9pm est
at Sardegna B-II

Race Event Details will be posted within the next week or so. Drivers are welcome and encouraged to confirm their attendance or availability at anytime between now and Thursday, 2/4/21, 5pm est.

Great racing everyone, and I'll look forward to our next event, and will see many of you in the Porsches on the 22nd. :cheers:

Thanks all for some great racing last week :)

Race 1 - after I bottled my 5sec lead (last corner lap 11, decided to drive into the wall...) I’m surprised I made it back up the field so far. Thanks to the TCR crew, great close racing. Managed to get past Moby towards the end, but couldn’t make it to 1st.

Race 2 - Fudman had gapped us, but I managed to crawl back into his slipstream. I was lucky with an overtake just before the GS crew caught up, and the cross-traffic let me pull away.

Stoked that I’m up to 2nd in the comp, let’s see how we go next round!

cheers all :cheers:

Fellas,

I hope everything is good with you guys. I've been following the series threads for a bit, and am really enjoying the updates. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be back for a while. The sim-rig is in my parents shed, and there's about 3 feet of snow in front of the door.

Have fun out there!

Fellas,

I hope everything is good with you guys. I've been following the series threads for a bit, and am really enjoying the updates. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be back for a while. The sim-rig is in my parents shed, and there's about 3 feet of snow in front of the door.

Have fun out there!

Then you just need a shovel and a little motivation.:D

Fellas,

Have fun out there!
I like 'Bowler's mode of thought...lol. Missing you around the grid sir. Hoping you can get back soon. See you around, and stay safe.

Do you guys have space for two cars for the next race, and will the race be broadcast?
Hi sir,
We still have a few weeks to go before our next event. The roster for this series has been very reliable, but spots do open from time to time.
The way it works when there is an absence in one of the classes, is the spot is offered first to the drivers with most events attended on down, and if tied in attendance, it then goes to a first to confirm available. Both classes have a few drivers with events logged, but other than the 1 or 2 reserves active, the rest have been a bit hit or miss. So to sum up an answer, yes there is potentially the opportunity to race, but I can't guarantee it, and yes, we do typically have a few drivers that in car broadcast as well as the post replay broadcasts of both races. Let me know if you would like to join and I'll get a pm with further instructions sent you way. :cheers:

Hi sir,
We still have a few weeks to go before our next event. The roster for this series has been very reliable, but spots do open from time to time.
The way it works when there is an absence in one of the classes, is the spot is offered first to the drivers with most events attended on down, and if tied in attendance, it then goes to a first to confirm available. Both classes have a few drivers with events logged, but other than the 1 or 2 reserves active, the rest have been a bit hit or miss. So to sum up an answer, yes there is potentially the opportunity to race, but I can't guarantee it, and yes, we do typically have a few drivers that in car broadcast as well as the post replay broadcasts of both races. Let me know if you would like to join and I'll get a pm with further instructions sent you way. :cheers:
Thank you very much! I'm looking to do a one-off with a teammate sometime soon, preferably a longer race with race cars and around 9pm EST Friday/Saturday. I'll keep this one in mind, do you know of anything else that may be running over the next 30 or so days?
I looked at VRR too, but they don't have any timings?
Team Manager would preferably have an official broadcast.

Thank you very much! I'm looking to do a one-off with a teammate sometime soon, preferably a longer race with race cars and around 9pm EST Friday/Saturday. I'll keep this one in mind, do you know of anything else that may be running over the next 30 or so days?
I looked at VRR too, but they don't have any timings?
Team Manager would preferably have an official broadcast.
My Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series and GReddy No ABS Challenge series both maintain an unlimited reserve driver pool. these are a bit more simple as they are a first come first serve basis when absences occur from the primary driver roster. Simply be among the first 2-3 reserve drivers to confirm available, and the odds are very high to get an opening on the grid. As for live broadcast, we typically carry a full 16 car grid and rarely have the room to dedicate for a live broadcaster. hoping GT7 gives us larger grids for this and many of the other obvious reasons. Let me know, were here.

My Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series and GReddy No ABS Challenge series both maintain an unlimited reserve driver pool. these are a bit more simple as they are a first come first serve basis when absences occur from the primary driver roster. Simply be among the first 2-3 reserve drivers to confirm available, and the odds are very high to get an opening on the grid. As for live broadcast, we typically carry a full 16 car grid and rarely have the room to dedicate for a live broadcaster. hoping GT7 gives us larger grids for this and many of the other obvious reasons. Let me know, were here.
Will take a look at the Porsches, thanks!

8511812171482562568_0.jpg

Race Event Details Post

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
Cup Challenge
Points Event #8
on Friday, February 5th, 9pm est

at Sardegna Track B-II
13:10 Clear

Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Sardegna Track B-II
Time of Day: 13:10
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (27 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (27 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found below:

Standard Lobby Settings
Basic Settings

Room Mode: Practice/Race
Room Privacy: Public *
Room Settings
Room Name: Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge. Event #1-12 (Date)- Members only
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No **
Max no of participants: 16
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Required Sportsmanship Rating --
Track Settings
Track: As per Race Date
Select Condition: See Event Details
Laps: laps to = 40 min (or choice for practice)
Race Settings
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: R1, Fastest First (Set by host off qualifying)/R2, Reverse Grid from previous results.
Grid
Boost: None
Slip Stream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Consumption: 1x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Red. On Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default Qualifier Settings Time Limit: none
Qualifying Continuation Time: none
Tire Wear during Qualifying: N/A
Fuel Consumption Qualifying: N/A
Regulation Settings
Filter by Category: Gr4
Balance of Performance: Off
Power Limit: No Limit
Weight: No Limit
Maximum Tire Rating: Racing Medium (RM) Minimum Tire Rating: Racing Hard (RH)
Livery Restrictions: No Limit
Type of Racing Number: No Limit
Assign Car Number Automatically: None
Tuning: No Limit
Kart Usage: Off
Ghosting During Race: None
Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: None
Wall Collision Detection: Default
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collission: Off Replace Car at Course Out: Off
Flag Rules: Off
Limit Driving Options
Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited Driving Line Assist: Prohibited
Traction Control: Prohibited
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited
Notes: * There seems to be a glitch that not all friends can find a Friends Only room ** Friends Only room only allows for Fixed Host. Special permission is required to set up a Fixed Host lobby *** In case manual lineup is required, there is and option to set grid manually.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
Driver Specific BOP Chart

Target Average lap times:
GS Class: approx 1:27.0-1:28.0
TCR Class: approx 1:30.0 (?)

-Above are all the Event #8 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread by Friday, January 29th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based first on level of past participation, and then on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you for our other events, and the rest of you on Race night.:cheers:

Last edited:
Practice room up :)
0475-4233-1431-1622-1508
**Closed**

TCR peeps: did a practice race run thru.
Tyres didn’t love it but made it to the end. Looking after them could make the difference late race.
I managed consistent mid-1:29s to low 1:30s. Fastest was a 1:29.2. Used the same set up as Dragon Trail Gardens
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back