**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
Practice room closed

I must have had the car on racing hards, so I just left it there figuring it would help me determine the tricky parts of the track. I also like to practice with ABS off for the same reason. I was able to dip into the 1:38’s after 20 laps with an optimal time of 1:38 flat. I could imagine on mediums with ABS on there might be another two seconds.
RM best after 10 laps was 1:37.6

Last edited:
MPCC Spotter guide PNG picture entie roster.png

Confirmation Reminder Post
for Event #7

at Dragon Trail Gardens
on Friday,
January 8th, 2020
9pm est

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.

The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, tabs 4.1 (Multi-Class Racing etiquette) and tab 4.2 (Caution process) for the series; and tab 1.7 (Race Start Procedure) to refresh and be ready on race night. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - 24 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:15pm est- 24 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-24 laps for each race.
-16:30 Clear
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
Event #7 Race Event Details

Driver BOP Chart

All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

**(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)**

***Please review tab 4.2 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.***

All drivers who make it on the grid as a single or dual room event, please stay in the race event for the night, as we will have had to turn some drivers away and it would be a wasted opportunity for them to race ir you entry is needed to keep the 2 room grid whole. If you do not plan on participating for the duration of the night, leave the spot open. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field) Stay with it.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on prior testing/time trialing participation, then based on order of availability. Please reply your intentions either way.

Also, a reminder to our Reserve Drivers: in the event we secure confirmations of at least 14 GS Drivers and at least 10 TCR Drivers total for each class, we will separate the race Event into 2 race rooms by Class. Once confirmed, your entry is being relied on for attendance.

Anyone with a 👍 has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, January 8th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). *Please reply either way*

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Drivers Roster

GS Class Primary
👍 @llNovall / II-NOVA-II
👍 @TEX36 / TEX36
👍 @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
👍 @nmcp1 / nmcp1
👍 @Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
👍 @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
👍@GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD
👍 @IceWarden /Ice_Warden

TCR Class Primary
👍 @Moby45 / Moby45
👍 @stelephant / stelephant
👍 @Phlano099 / Phlano_099
👍 @JLBowler / JLBowler
👍 @MrDonovan /MrDonovan
👍 @Fudman420/Fudman420

Reserve Drivers List (12 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW (3 events)
👍 @Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (1 event)
@Akzl298/Akzl298 (1 event)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
@Herimopp89/Herimopp89 (3 events)
@RadStewart /heated_seats (3 events)
(X) @Drummer79/Drummer1979

See some of you in practice sessions over the next week and the rest of you on Friday the 8th

Last edited:
Since coming back in November from being gone for 3 years I have run into a few situations where I have never driven the track. Apparently several new tracks were added in my absence. So that’s been quite a challenge. Also I don’t think I played GTS much in the beginning due to switching to PCars for awhile directly after GT6 fell away.

So I did find myself running some familiarity laps at this week’s track because I’ve never driven it. Same with Autopolis. And Blue Moon over in Snail. Still quite a few tracks I haven’t been on yet...really just hoping for GT7 and all the old favorites.

Any if the tcr guys find pace in the 40's yet? My best so far is a 41.6. Although ive always struggled with the last turn. Im either to early on the brakes or to late.
Not exactly sure on the braking points for your car but I was initially trying to go entrance apex to the exit apex in the lowest arc possible. But after more laps a couple days ago I found I was faster doing a wider arc almost out to the track edge due to being able to carry more corner and exit speed.

YMMV

Any if the tcr guys find pace in the 40's yet? My best so far is a 41.6. Although ive always struggled with the last turn. Im either to early on the brakes or to late.
Hi dude - ran a full 24 laps, then a few more to tweak settings. Managed a best lap of 40.1, with consistent pace around 40.7s.

Quick note - ended up using my setup from Lago Maggiore, with minor tweaks to the gearing

:)

Last edited:
MPCC Spotter guide SVG Event 7.png

Event #7
at Dragon Trail Gardens
Friday, January 8th, 2021
at 9pm est
Pre-Race Briefing

Event #7 is a few hours away, and we take the racing to the Gardens, a very wide track, long straights, and some technical corner sequences that should provide a balance for all car types on the grid.

Track Boundary Clarifications:
The usual 2 wheels inside any white line/asphalt runoffs, or on the curbing.

Drivers are asked to please review or refresh themselves with the following tabs in the first post:

Tab 1.7 Start Procedure (especially GS drivers)
^^Disregard in split race rooms^^
Tab 4.2 Caution Process
**GS Drivers** Please be familiar with the start procedure for Multi-Class race start. Any questions, please ask.
For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post for Event #7

Driver BOP Regulation Chart

All primary drivers have confirmed attending for tonight, with 1 Reserve on the ready if needed. :cheers:
Tonight's grid:
GS Class Primary
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@TEX36 / TEX36
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@nmcp1 / nmcp1
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
@GTR4MROD/GTR4MROD
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden

TCR Class Primary
@Moby45 / Moby45
@stelephant / stelephant
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@JLBowler / JLBowler
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan
@Fudman420/Fudman420

Available Reserves
@Harry Rowley

The Race Room and Party Chat will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone and see you all on the grid for the green flag:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi dude - ran a full 24 laps, then a few more to tweak settings. Managed a best lap of 40.1, with consistent pace around 40.7s.

Quick note - ended up using my setup from Lago Maggiore, with minor tweaks to the gearing

:)
Duuude...I love your avatar. I used to watch that show religiously.

Back