**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID: GTP_Guido
Car: BMW M4
Number: 69

Please put me down as a reserve. :cheers:

I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID: GTP_Guido
Car: BMW M4
Number: 69

Please put me down as a reserve. :cheers:
Very Glad to have you back. Your welcome pm and time trial instructions are on the way.

full

Last edited:
MPCC Spotter guide PNG picture entie roster.png

Announcement of Changes

Series Changes
After running our first few Exhibition events and careful consideration, a few changes have been made to the series format, details pertaining to the race start procedure, and simplification of the Caution process. We are actually taking a step back towards the orginal format of the series before we went down the rabbit hole of trying to enable a natural mixing of the classes during the night's racing.

1.) First up is the format change from (1) 80 min race with pitstops to the following format:
-15 min warmup/practice/entry period
-15 min open qualifying session
-40 min Race 1 (Laps = 40 min)/off qualifying
-40 min Race 2 (Laps = 40 min)/Rev grid
(TCR Class will be placed at front of grid as needed order in both races with a staggered start)
-NO PIT STOPS or strategy will be needed as the settings will change to 1x tire/1x fuel
This format has worked very well in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge series, creating some very intense and long duration battles all over the grid. My concern with the single 80 minute race, is if the more consistent/faster pace drivers open up a lead, the whole race event turns into a lapping session and boredom. The 2 race format guarentees engagement at some point in the night and the challenge of having to climb through a grid of very evenly matched pace.

The Caution/Yellow Flag process has been simplified drastically.
-Caution will now be for Re-grouping purposes only.
-Caution duration will be the remainder of the lap the Caution was issued, and the 1 complete lap after. See tab 4.2 for updated details.
-NO Pitstops required or allowed during Cautions
-1 Caution available if needed for each race.
-no mandatory caution periods in either race.

3.) Race Start Procedure (Staggered)
-TCR class cars will be placed at the front of the grid in both races in their qualifying or reverse grid order, with GS class cars being set the same way.
-TCR class cars will standing start launch from the lights and given a 30 second head start.
-GS class cars will wait and launch at the 30.00 mark on the center screen timer.
-Reminders will be given before each race, but all drivers will be responsible for remaining static until the required start time.
-Post Race applied time penalties will be established before the Season start for any drivers that jump the start or fail to remain stationary before the 30 second start time.
*See Details in Tab 1.7 of first post.*
This will allow the TCR and GS classes to settle into their own class battles for 10-15 laps before mixing in towards the final half of the race.
The above changes will be in effect starting with our next Exhibition event stated below.

Confirmation Post
for Exhibition Event #3

at Lago Maggiore West
on Friday, June 12th, 2020

We will be having our final Exhibition Testing Event #3, next Friday, June 12th, 2020 at 9:00pm est.

The latest Driver BOP regulations will be updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply the latest numbers to your car before entering the race room.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, tabs 4.1 and 4.2. This goes over Multi-Class Racing etiquette and the Caution process for the series, and tab 1.7 (Race Start Procedure)

The plan for the night is to run a full format race night as follows:
9pm est- open room and verify reg/ warm up
9:30pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:50pm est - 27 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:30pm est- 27 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-27 laps for each race.
-11:30 Fine weather
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

**(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative as it will be our second run thru of the process.)**

***Please review tab 4.2 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.***

I'll ask that all drivers who make it on the grid, to please stay in the race event for the night, as we will have to possibly turn some drivers away and it would be a wasted opportunity to grab data and shake down the final format. If you do not plan on participating for the duration of the night, leave the spot open. If you spin or go off track, either get back at it to set laps solo and wait for a Caution, or stay track side to get back in the pack a lap down to have some drivers to race. Just please stay with it.

Primary Driver will be given priority for each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on prior testing/time trialing participation, then based on order of availability. Please reply your intentions either way.

Hope to see another good turn out next week.
👍 @llNovall
👍 @TEX36
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @nmcp1
👍 @Bologna_Duc
@PrivateSmiles
👍 @LST
👍 @GCimprezaFTW
👍 @Xradkins
👍 @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76

👍 @Moby45
👍 @stelephant
👍 @vsfit
👍 @Hellbringer69
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @JLBowler

Reserve Drivers List (9 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
👍 @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
👍 @DesertPenguin / DesertPenguin
👍 @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
@USERID_77a23 /USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG
👍 @MBarry /Matt_M8__

See many of you this Friday for the Season 1 Finale of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and hope to see a strong turn out for our final Exhibition event on the 12th for this series.:cheers:

Last edited:
I will be there - was practicing today.

I forgot what car I'm reserve in :dunce:. BMW I think? lol
That is correct. Your driver specific BOP numbers are shown in the second post. Be sure to apply before running laps. Also, if you can get a livery together, send over a profile pic screen shot from the livery editor preview feature over a white background. See you tomorrow night at LeMans for our final race of season 1.:cheers:

That is correct. Your driver specific BOP numbers are shown in the second post. Be sure to apply before running laps. Also, if you can get a livery together, send over a profile pic screen shot from the livery editor preview feature over a white background. See you tomorrow night at LeMans for our final race of season 1.:cheers:

I'll work on it tomorrow.

Announcement
to all
Reserve Drivers

Though this series is set up primarily as a single race room, Multi-Class event with intended mixed class racing, considerations have been given in regards to the rare occurrence that we have a very large group confirmed attending/available and the option to open a 2nd raceroom to split the event night by car classes and accommodate the available Reserve drivers onto the night's grid.
The hope is that this contingency option would encourage our Reserves to make themselves available as much as possible and give them the best chance at participating.
The following requirements must be met:
-A minimum of 12 or more GS Class Drivers (Primary and Reserve combined) must be confirmed attending or available to race by 5pm est on the Thursday before race night.
AND
-A minimum of 8 or more TCR Class Drivers (Primary and Reserve combined) must be confirmed attending or available to race by 5pm est on the Thursday before race night.
-Any less confirmed than the above from either Car Class by the specified time will Default to the original 1 multi class race room based on grid priority and open spots filled as needed.
-Confirmed drivers have until 5pm est of race day to cancel and maintain their primary status. Any confirmed drivers who cancel after this time will forfeit their primary grid spot to a wanting Reserve and will be moved down to the Reserve driver roster.

I doubt this situation will happen often, but we now have a protocol in place if needed. Just as the real world series, most race nights will be a multi Class event using 1 race room. Some real world venues do seperate under certain circumstances....these will be ours.

@Roman_GT23
@DesertPenguin
@GTP_Guido
@USERID_77a23
@TomMang_68
@MBarry

I hope this makes being a Reserve a bit more attractive.

Last edited:
Please confirm my entry in the 6/12 event.

I know I'm in a McLaren but I see there aren't any Mustangs. Would you like me to switch for more grid variety or does everyone know something about the Mustang I don't?

I know I'm in a McLaren but I see there aren't any Mustangs. Would you like me to switch for more grid variety or does everyone know something about the Mustang I don't?
The Mustang for this series is a bit on the heavier/big power side....closer to the real GT4 car specs than what most are used to. I liked it, but it was between the Vette and the Mustang, but I had to go with the Chevy. Your welcome to give it a try and switch before this Friday if you like. Base series specs before any adjustments is: 451hp(114%)/3395lbs(110%)
Run your laps at the time trial track online in a lobby to set your time with that car in the event you decide to go with it. Let me know if you need a livery as well

Back