**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
MPCC Spotter guide PNG picture entie roster.png

Confirmation Reminder Post
for Event #1

at Blue Moon Bay Infield-A
on Friday, July 17th, 2020

To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.

We will be having our season opening Event #1, on Friday, July 17th, 2020 at 9:00pm est.

The final Driver BOP regulations have been updated and shown in the 2nd post of the thread. Please verify and apply these latest numbers to your car before entering the race room.

Also, I would ask that all drivers re-review section 4 of the first post, tabs 4.1 (Multi-Class Racing etiquette) and tab 4.2 (Caution process) for the series; and tab 1.7 (Race Start Procedure) to refresh and be ready on race night. Any questions at all, please reach out and clarify before race night.

The race Event schedule is shown below:
9pm est- open room and verify bops/warm up
9:15pm est -15 minute Open qualifying
9:30pm est - 33 laps to = 40 minute Race 1
10:15pm est- 33 laps to = 40 minute Race 2, (Reverse grid)
Race will be using all updated series rules and format. (Caution rules will be used if needed)

Race Event Details
-33 laps for each race.
-10:30 Clear
-1x fuel consumption/1x tire wear.
All drivers are required to be in the party chat whether they have a mic or not. Caution calling and directives will be issued through the party chat, and for those without a mic, it would come through your monitor/tv audio.

**(In the event a Caution is called during the race, I ask everyone to be patient and cooperative.)**

***Please review tab 4.2 in the first post and clarify or ask any questions before we get to race night.***

I'll ask that all drivers who make it on the grid as a single or dual room event, to please stay in the race event for the night, as we will have had to turn some drivers away and it would be a wasted opportunity for them to race ir you entry is needed to keep the 2 room grid whole. If you do not plan on participating for the duration of the night, leave the spot open. In the Event of a solo off track or spin, run to gather up as many points as possible (and there is always the possibility of a Caution to get you back up to field) Stay with it.

Primary Drivers will be given priority for each class, then go to the Reserves for each class as needed. Reserve Driver priority will be based on prior testing/time trialing participation, then based on order of availability. Please reply your intentions either way.

Also, a reminder to our Reserve Drivers: in the event we secure confirmations of at least 12 GS Drivers and at least 8 TCR Drivers total for each class, we will seperate the race Event into 2 race rooms by Class. Once confirmed, your entry is being relied on for attendance.

Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has already confirmed and are noted to be present for Friday, July 17h. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (Day before Race Night). *Please reply either way*

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Hope to see a great turn out for our season opener:cheers:
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36
๐Ÿ‘ @Rob Brown
๐Ÿ‘ @nmcp1
๐Ÿ‘ @Bologna_Duc
(X) @PrivateSmiles
๐Ÿ‘ @LST
๐Ÿ‘ @GCimprezaFTW
๐Ÿ‘ @Xradkins
(X) @Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76

GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
(X) @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
๐Ÿ‘ @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
๐Ÿ‘ @DesertPenguin / DesertPenguin
๐Ÿ‘ @Kermit_2142

TCR Class Primary List

๐Ÿ‘ @Moby45
๐Ÿ‘ @stelephant
๐Ÿ‘ @vsfit
๐Ÿ‘ @Hellbringer69
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099
๐Ÿ‘ @JLBowler

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
๐Ÿ‘ @MBarry /Matt_M8__
๐Ÿ‘ @RadStewart /heated_seats
@USERID_77a23 /USERID_77a23
๐Ÿ‘ @TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG
๐Ÿ‘ @Fudman420/Fudman420

See many of you over the next few days in practice lobbies, and the rest of you on race night:cheers:

Last edited:
? - Iโ€™ll be a bottom of the list reserve as previously discussed. If you can let me know a couple days before if itโ€™s looking like thereโ€™s still a space for me.
Also my final pre season test times are on my to do list, I havenโ€™t forgotten ๐Ÿ‘.

? - Iโ€™ll be a bottom of the list reserve as previously discussed. If you can let me know a couple days before if itโ€™s looking like thereโ€™s still a space for me.
Also my final pre season test times are on my to do list, I havenโ€™t forgotten ๐Ÿ‘.
I have you down sir, and yes, you are last on the GS reserve list, but if TCR is able to fill their roster, there could be a high probability of going 2 rooms. I'll keep you posted.:cheers:

I have you down sir, and yes, you are last on the GS reserve list, but if TCR is able to fill their roster, there could be a high probability of going 2 rooms. I'll keep you posted.:cheers:

Yes that sounds good, but still put me down as "?" please as I'm not 100% even if there is a space.
Cheers

I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge International Tour, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific BOP regulations.
PSN ID: heated_seats
Car: AMG SLS Gr. 4
Number: 17
Race Team: :(
@RadStewart
A welcome post has been created and sent your way.:cheers:

Hello Racers; Are there any unusual track limits at Blue Moon? For example: The exit out of Turn 1 has a long solid white line continuing the outside edge where the grass ends and a barrier is place going out to the Semi-Oval track wall. I always see cars completely cross it, but it is a SOLID white line. I wonder why PD bothered to even place this line. It is not triggering a penalty (to my knowledge).

All other areas are clearly marked with blue/white curbs that are track limits and the rules are clear about them.

Has anyone ever triggered a penalty by the line in question?

Hello Racers; Are there any unusual track limits at Blue Moon? For example: The exit out of Turn 1 has a long solid white line continuing the outside edge where the grass ends and a barrier is place going out to the Semi-Oval track wall. I always see cars completely cross it, but it is a SOLID white line. I wonder why PD bothered to even place this line. It is not triggering a penalty (to my knowledge).

All other areas are clearly marked with blue/white curbs that are track limits and the rules are clear about them.

I'll take a look and post an answer some time tomorrow.

Were going to go with the official Snail boundaries as follows:
Blue Moon Bay -
Infield All Layouts
-
The white line that extends into the oval portion of the course can be ignored as a track boundary. The yellow paint is considered to be the track boundary and you must keep two tires on or inside the white line when the yellow paint is present.

Basically the white line on entry and exit of turn 1 before and after the yellow painted area can be ignored. At the yellow painted area, the white line is the boundary and must be observed as stated.

Just a quick update on the roster status for our 1st event:

TCR Class has confirmed an exceptional turnout for next Friday with all 6 primary drivers and 3 reserves confirmed to race.

GS Class is sitting at 7 primary confirmed attending for next Friday, with 3 reserves confirmed to race and 1 reserve tentative. If 2 more GS drivers confirm their attendance, we will have met the threshold to go to a 2 race room event, with the race rooms seperated by car Class to accommodate the large turnout. That would put TCR at a 9 driver grid, and GS at 12, possibly 13. I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer to race day on the status and who will be hosting the TCR room if needed. Any cancellations of attendance/availability due to change of plans must be posted by 5pm est on race day. Thanks to everyone for the communication and an awesome turnout so far for Event #1.

Just a quick update on the roster status for our 1st event:

TCR Class has confirmed an exceptional turnout for next Friday with all 6 primary drivers and 3 reserves confirmed to race.

GS Class is sitting at 7 primary confirmed attending for next Friday, with 3 reserves confirmed to race and 1 reserve tentative. If 2 more GS drivers confirm their attendance, we will have met the threshold to go to a 2 race room event, with the race rooms seperated by car Class to accommodate the large turnout. That would put TCR at a 9 driver grid, and GS at 12, possibly 13. I'll keep everyone posted as we get closer to race day on the status and who will be hosting the TCR room if needed. Any cancellations of attendance/availability due to change of plans must be posted by 5pm est on race day. Thanks to everyone for the communication and an awesome turnout so far for Event #1.
I'm ALL for more drivers to fill the grid that is available. However, a MULTI class event is better, IMO, to see how the groups mix it up. I don't want to see 2 rooms. When was this an option for the league?

I'm ALL for more drivers to fill the grid that is available. However, a MULTI class event is better, IMO, to see how the groups mix it up. I don't want to see 2 rooms. When was this an option for the league?
Been an option for about a month...hence why there was further recruitment for both classes. Extra reserves guarantee a full grid when we have some absences, but when most or nearly all the primaries are present and we have a large number of reserves available, we will split the event by class to keep interest and activity in the series rather than turning them away. The cut off is a minimum of 12 gs drivers confirmed and 8 tcr to push 2 rooms. Any less on either side defaults back to one Multi-Class room and the Reserves that are not needed will have to wait for their opportunity to race on the next Event. I'm certain most events will be a multi class single room, but confirmations are strong so far for this event. I posted in the thread, tagging all reserve drivers when this was announced.

Reserve Driver Announcement

What if you divided both Classes - 1/2 of each Class in both rooms?
Final standing determined by Time to complete the distance - or laps completed in regard to lapped cars.

More work for the Race Organizer, Sorry.

What if you divided both Classes - 1/2 of each Class in both rooms?
Final standing determined by Time to complete the distance - or laps completed in regard to lapped cars.

More work for the Race Organizer, Sorry.
Not a fan of using total time since too many things can happen to manipulate the final standing order. Separating by Class gives the TCR guys their race and GS cars their race when attendance is very high and keeps the integrity of the points race in each class intact. In the real world when entries are high and their on a smaller venue, they do split the classes to run. I doubt this will happen all the time with the 12gs/8tcr minimum. Any less on either side drops back to single room multi Class. It just so happens that we have no reported absences up to this point, with 4 drivers yet to confirm. I set this up for those rare instances that we have all or most primary attending, and a large number of Reserves wanting to race. The idea being if the want to race is there, we can accommodate it. Also, bear in mind that if any drivers drop off before 5pm est of race day and the numbers tip under the threshold for seperate rooms, we merge back, use the Reserves that may be needed, and the remaining Reserve drivers will not be needed or have a spot for the event. On the other side of the coin, both classes will have more drivers to race against within Class on these rare occurrences. Alot of thought and contemplation has been invested on this. I want to be sure to keep interest up among the reserves so we have them when needed, and in those instances that we have a large showing and their not necessarily needed, they can be accommodated to race. I hope everyone agrees.

Back