**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
Excellent excellent racing tonight gents. I already got some pictures shot. What’s the tag? I can share them tomorrow. Some damn fine battles in both classes, I must say.
I have to agree. Very good in class battles, and great job on the cross Class courtesy that I saw from both classes. Still need to make a few BOP tweeks to a few drivers, but overall very close to set. I'll have a scoresheet, some pictures, and a post race report in the next few days with updated BOP figures. The two 40 minute race format certainly seemed to be the right fit, and I hope it challenged everyone on the grid. Great racing everyone.:cheers:

Last edited:
I wasn’t competitive. Qualified last. First race, turned 1:28.x laps until lap 8 or so, then 1:29.x (unless I had a mistake). Race 2: Started at front and backed over the entire GS group on lap 2 and 3. No real mistakes. Turned more laps in 1:28.x but only because Nova was providing a draft (after he fell back for some reason, I didn’t see). My Vantage did well in the turns compared to his Vette but he could pull me despite the draft.

I was in my own third class lol. Best I could get was 1:31.5. couldnt stay in the draft long enough. All cars just drove right around me and couldn't keep up in the corners with the RH

I was in my own third class lol. Best I could get was 1:31.5. couldnt stay in the draft long enough. All cars just drove right around me and couldn't keep up in the corners with the RH
I saw that. Based on your time Trialing numbers I went aggressive on your handicap. Expect to see less handicap before season start. Thanks for staying with it and finishing out the night under the tough conditions...afforded plenty of data to get you dialed in.:cheers:

I wasn’t competitive. Qualified last. First race, turned 1:28.x laps until lap 8 or so, then 1:29.x (unless I had a mistake). Race 2: Started at front and backed over the entire GS group on lap 2 and 3. No real mistakes. Turned more laps in 1:28.x but only because Nova was providing a draft (after he fell back for some reason, I didn’t see). My Vantage did well in the turns compared to his Vette but he could pull me despite the draft.

TCR is that way too lol.

The Audis were OP last night on top of them having a great drive the 2nd race. Only kept up with them as long as the draft was in play. Don't let that downplay their efforts though, both drivers were doing pretty well. Even with the 1st race taking each other out. Haha

I sure could use an extra % of power upgrade if things stay the same bop wise for tcr. I will keep the extra weight.

That race two took so much out of me I wound up sucking in a race I had to do here today with the E30 M3 :indiff:🤬
That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. ;)
Makes me know that the series and the racing is presenting the desired challenges.

Everyone’s taking it easy, until the flag drops :lol:
One thing I can assure, and thank all drivers for is their efforts and seriousness taken towards the Exhibition events. This has resulted in an abundance of accurate lapping data (fast lap and avg pace). That was the idea behind such a long lead in and extensive testing..accuracy. Most drivers at this point going into the season should be at their driver specific BOP figure for the season, leaving everyone within a half second avg pace range give or take a tenth or two. Major variances after the season starts will require some final adjustments, but from the data I have up to this point, it shouldn't require many changes.

The factors that will make the differences between drivers at this point are lap consistency, limiting mistakes, and racing tactics. Practice will be necessary to find and exploit your car's strengths and to be competitive come race night. My hope is that this series presents a heavy challenge for all drivers of all skill levels with some of the best close quarter battles around. Final Exhibition event data is being reviewed and Final bop adjustments will be made and shared with the post event posting in the next day or 2. From there, start getting those laps in for our season opener.:cheers:

7214863375187051008_0.jpg

Post Event Report
for Exhibition Event #3
at Lago Maggiore West
and Exhibition Testing Report

First, a thank you to all drivers of this series for the cooperation and participation during the testing and Exhibition phase in preparation for our Season #1 of the Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge series. I'm certain the efforts will be rewarded with very close and challenging racing.

Last Friday, we ran our final exhibition event at Lago Maggiore West, a great short track with traits found across many others we will run this season. The racing and pace was very close overall, other than a few standouts that have been issued final adjustments based on the results and averaging of lap times.
The starting procedure went very well, and created the perfect spread between the classes while letting both get into their own class racing beforexmixing together. Notably, drivers from both classes were very respectful, affording plenty of room and recognition of one another. Great job.
No Cautions were requested in either race, though one instance in Race 1 could have qualified if requested. Otherwise, it was a very clean and incident free night.
The (2) 40 minute race format with no pitstops ,imo, delivered the long and intense battles across the grid that we were looking for and drivers of the Porsche series have enjoyed. This will be the format for the series.

As mentioned, there were a few drivers that were still faster than the average pace of field even with applied handicaps already in place, and 1 or 2 drivers that were in the other direction.
All driver's times for both races were added up and averaged using clean laps (laps within 2.5 seconds of fast laps; laps outside of this range were considered offs or bad laps).
For transparency, I have included the data tracking sheet for all participation.

As you can see, all drivers started at base BOP for their selected car, and driver bops were adjusted based on gathered timing data during the exhibition testing period. Drivers with their specific BOP numbers highlighted green are set, ones still in white are awaiting more data before final issuance. Average pace of field for each event was established using a bulk of drivers that posted avg lap times within a 0.5 second pace range for each class. From there, drivers outside that window were adjusted according to the BOP Adjustment legend to bring them within range. (also shown.) All driver specific BOP figures were established strictly based off recieved timing data during testing phase. Small variances of a few tenths outside the avg lap and fast lap pace range is expected throughout the season giving consideration to driver strength at certain tracks and efforts in practicing. Overly dominant performances with lap data reflecting variances of over 0.5 seconds from the pace of field range at a certain venue will likely trigger an assessment and possible adjustment during the season between events. The hope is that everyone is set close to their skillset. Any questions, feel free to pm me.
Drivers that I need additional lapping data or verification of pace after a recent adjustment have been PM'd. Please run and submit in the next week or so for best BOP accuracy.

Included below are mock scoring sheets showing how scoring will break down.

Photos are compliments of @GCimprezaFTW, thank you.
8215226531328329216_0.jpg
8080122942564894216_0.jpg
8070552791882434048_0.jpg
8071115752439054848_0.jpg
7206423513261933056_0.jpg
7215430723254093312_0.jpg
7359545909182464520_0.jpg
7214863375187051008_0.jpg
8358777672018428416_0.jpg
8368347829814429192_0.jpg
8368347827666944512_0.jpg
8358777678861436424_0.jpg
8358777680472048136_0.jpg
7359545903212954120_0.jpg
7349975751857308168_0.jpg
7359545909116436992_0.jpg
7206423513330124296_0.jpg
And, Race 2 Replay Broadcast (Race 1 on the way)
Race 2

The Exhibition and Testing phase is complete other than the few drivers who have been PM'd and offered the opportunity to finalize their bops with more data by July 3rd. The final BOP figures and chart will be posted in the 2nd post on the same day.
An Event Details post will be out with Event #1 specifics in the next day so for those wanting to get a head start on practicing.
Event #1, at Blue Moon Bay-Infield A
Friday, July 17th, 2020.
See you fellas on track soon:cheers:

@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@TEX36 / TEX36
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@nmcp1 / nmcp1
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc
@PrivateSmiles / PrivateSmiles
@LST / Duce_LST
@GCimprezaFTW /GCimprezaFTW
@Xradkins /Xrad- 11
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Moby45 / Moby45
@stelephant / stelephant
@vsfit /OMG_vsfit
@Hellbringer69 /
@Phlano099 / Phlano_099
@JLBowler / JLBowler

Reserve Drivers List (12 Reserves)
GS Class (6 Reserve Spots)
1. @Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
2. @DesertPenguin / DesertPenguin
3. @GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido
4. @Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142

TCR Class (6 Reserve Spots)
1. @TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG
2. @USERID_77a23 /USERID_77A23
3. @MBarry /Matt_8__

Last edited:
8071115752439054848_0.jpg

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
Cup Challenge
Event Details Post
Points Event #1
at Blue Moon Bay-Infield A
Friday, July 17th at 9pm est
Race Event Settings and Details
Track: Blue Moon Bay Infield A
Time of Day: 10:30
Conditions: Clear
Race1 Laps: (33 laps/40+min), Fastest First
Race 2 Laps: (33 laps/40+min), Reverse Grid
Lobby Settings can be found in Section 1, Tab 1.4 of the 1st post.

Please see the link below to verify your Driver BOP requirements:
Driver Specific BOP Chart
(Drivers highlighted "Green" are Set; those not highlighted will be finalized July 2nd pending further data.)

Target lap times:
GS Class: approx 1:12
TCR Class: approx 1:13.5

-Above are all the Event #1 details for anyone who would like to get an early jump on some practice/lapping sessions.
-Confirmation to Attend Post/Reminder will be posted to the thread on Friday, July 10th. Please look in on this thread and reply here or via psn when you know you status.
(Any Drivers who wish to confirm attendance early may do so at any time).
Reminder: Reserve driver priority is based on date and time availability was confirmed.

See some of you over the next few weeks for practice sessions, and the rest of you on Race night.

Back