**COMPLETED ** SNAIL-GReddy Z "No ABS" Drivers Challenge Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 564 comments
A quick reminder to all drivers:
Despite the fact there is no opening Qualifying session, there is 2 ways to improve your starting placement.
1.) Post the absolute best fast lap you can in an event and try not to miss race events. After your first raced event, your fastest lap from the previous event is exclusively used to set your placement regardless of DR or Speedscor. (If an event is missed, it defaults back to DR and Speedscore and your placed at the back of that DR grouping until another event's fastest lap is logged for you.)
2.) Improve your DR and/or Speedscore by racing in Sport Mode, or logging online time trial laps. (Even if you miss races, rather than starting further back as let's say a DR C, and Speedscore of say 56.0, you improve to DR B, and move to 60.0...you essentially earn a few positions for your initial placement. Then try to grab a position or 2 more in the short Qualifying Sprint race to better your chances in the first of two Points Races.
Tonight's exhibition event times and data will not count toward Event #1. Everyone will be starting the season with no logged data. You can, however, improve your starting position as mentioned above in sport mode. I will be reviewing all drivers DR and Speedscore the day before our first points event of the series and make any necessary adjusts to the initial grid placement.

If anyone has any questions or needs further clarifications, hit me up and I am happy to elaborate further.

I finished my livery but have no idea how to upload it onto this site
7494636307901087745_23.jpg

Nice work.:cheers:

Just got through practicing for another race. How much time until this one starts?

Alright Drivers, awesome turnout tonight with 14 drivers confirmed attending.

@Moby45 will have the room open by 8:30pm est. Again, everyone is asked to be in the room and green up no later than 8:50pm est.

Also, while this is an exhibition/practice run, treat this event as if points were be rewarded and race as clean as possible. Be mindful of the different braking points and take into account the no ABS aspect of the series when in close quarters or chasing. Everyone have a great clean race and hope everyone enjoys it.:cheers:

Drivers list and Initial Grid order:
(Drivers in red confirmed absent)
Screenshot_20210118-200049_Sheets.jpg

@RACECAR

Last edited:
A huge thank you to @Moby45 for covering hosting duties, and @Phlano099 for grabbing results and replays. Also, to @SAMHAIN85 for the live feed (which i did have a chance to peek in on in between work) and helping Moby coordinate a new room for Raul. All around appreciated. I hope everyone enjoyed the racing and the no abs challenge. 1st points event: February 1st.
(2 weeks).:cheers:
I will have an exhibition score sheets together tomorrow for the fun of it, and event details later in the week.

Last edited:
@llNovall

@SAMHAIN85 needs to be on Comfort Hards to give us mere mortals a chance...
I haven't had a chance to discuss it yet with @Rob Brown, but I was considering a success ballast application for race event podium finishers. Something like 3% for each win, 2% for 2nd, and 1% for 3rd, to max out at 9%. Any overall finishes outside of top 5 by drivers with ballast would have 1% removed. Any drivers that finish outside top 10 will have 1% weight drop up to ??. Still in the thought stage, but I was going to entertain it with Rob.. The 2nd-6th group was close, and without a success ballast, Sam would have a runaway season, which let's face isn't always fun. This would give him a doable challenge but still be in some form of striking distance for the rest of the field and bring the field closer the farther into the season we get. An announcement will be made once discussed. :cheers:

Last edited:
Here is the scoring for last night Exhibition event:
Screenshot_20210119-030427_Sheets.jpg

Also, I posted 2 screen shots of the grid order. The first one is how last night started and how the season will start with no lap data.
Screenshot_20210119-030827_Sheets.jpg

The next one is a mock up using last night's exhibition fast lap data to set the grid for what would be the next event. (Remember, no data from the exhibition event was to count for the season) As you can see, the grid placement shuffled up quite a bit, and those who did not race place to the rear for the next event, but in order based on DR, then Speedscore. Attendance is crucial to maintain a higher initial grid placement to start a race night.
Screenshot_20210119-031230_Sheets.jpg

I had a peek at the replays, and it certainly looked to present some good racing. As mentioned above, a success ballast system will be discussed and likely implemented before the start of the season on February 1st. All drivers will be tagged to review the process.

Points Event #1:
Autopolis International
17:00 Clear
Monday, February 1st at 9pm est
Lap counts to be determined.

See many of you this week for practice sessions and the rest Friday in the Porsches.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back