Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by MajorBlixem, Nov 15, 2018.
I’m really looking forward to the next Holiday Snail Event!
Labor Day Event
Sunday September 1st, 9 EST
If you were at the last SNAIL holiday event, re-pack your bags as we head back to Deutschland, specifically Rhineland at Nürburgring Nordschleife (north loop).
Here’s what you will want/need to know if you are interested in this event:
(Also, check back here for updates)
• 10 cars (below) N100, N200,N300 have been preselected that could end up being used, BUY ALL of them, (these cars are street cars, totaling 752,950 credits - if you didn't have any)
• one room only, the first 16 active SNAIL members [means full or part time] that join the lobby will race. If you leave the room unannounced or to buy a car - you most likely will not get back in - so buy all 10 cars
• lobby opens 9 EST on Nordschleife with hot lapping allowed. I will pick 1st car (announced upon room opening)
• when room fills to 16, we start. If room doesn’t fill, we start at 9:30 EST (if spot opens, you may join anytime)
• 1 make, SNAIL spec, HOWEVER . . .
• tires: D1 on -1 from SNAIL tires, D2 & D3 drivers on SNAIL tires, D4 on +1 from SNAIL tires (this tire list according to car and division is posted and this will be policed on race night)
• boost: weak
• tire wear: off
• damage: off
• time: noon (all races)
• all races are 1 lap
• start method: false start check
• all other room settings: SNAIL rules
• race etiquette = SNAIL OLR
• qualify on GP circuit to quickly establish grid but all races will be on Nordschleife
• first race, fastest first
• second, third, fourth, through ‘n’ races are reverse grid
• car selected by a randomly selected racer. Method: by finish time thousandths digit 0-9; lowest 10 finishers eligible. You don't have to understand this, just have a car pick in mind from the eligible list
• last race must start before 11 EST
• 2 minutes for randomly selected guy to choose car (be ready, could be you)
• 3 minutes [to green up] - all to get proper tires (will be checked) and a few turns to get idea of car's handling
• overall weiner gets schnitzel and bragging rights
• the originator reserves the right to make adjustments to this event
Changes from last event:
first come first served (16 spots)
no GP 24 hr circuit
no D5 (+2 tires)
1 lap races ipo 2 laps
number of races determined by time
updated car line-up (3 cars used last time replaced)
(Big thanks to Rednose58 for help in behind the scenes spread sheet savvy. It's how the above images/info get made!)
Das ist toller Herr Brown!!! Ich habe vor, dort zu sein!!! Wird groß sein!!!
@Herimopp89 - Drunk driving.
I am interested to race on Sunday.
Might join in depends on how sober I am
Are we doing a practice run?
Boost is for bubbas.
Boost groups racers in packs for closer racing. It's good training. Labor Day event will see False Start Check also something different! Tonight will be on a track deemed too narrow for racing! If you really get down to it, this is outright anarchy.
Since tonight is not an official race night my wife is begging me for a date night. I may not make it tonight. Happy wife happy life. But if I can I’ll be there.
Room is up.
0475 4204 5858 4616 6596
Results (Spreadsheet fixed)
WHAT A BLAST!!!! I dont think ive driven any harder or laughed as much as I did tonight. Great racing from everyone.
Sorry I missed all. Wifey wanted to to have a night with just us. Looks like y’all had a good turnout. When we ran this on Memorial Day, it was a blast then and I can only imagine how much of a blast it was last night.
Congratulations to @man69800 @racingchamp30 and @nic-KL
Thanks @Rob Brown for putting on another great Holiday Race, great fun and great racing with everyone...
If you can place 1st on Driver Mission 34 on Gran Turismo 4 and all the AMG Driving Academy events on expert in Gran Turismo 5, then I would say you’ve mastered the Nurburgring
Next Holiday event will be on Dec 29 right in the midst of the Christmas season. It’s not too early to start formulating your idea for a holiday event and posting here!
I suggest we have a "Wet 'n Dirty Night" with 3 races on a wet Redbull Ring with a Race Car, FR Road Car and FF Road Car followed by 3 Dirt Races facing Raptors vs Tundras.... or something like that.....
Put the Gr.B on Racing tires and try to drive at the 10:45 rain time..... have fun.
Ah man, if GT Sport had a snow track, that would be awesome. I would love to do some rallying though, if anyone likes that idea
Two ideas so far! Thanks @Rednose58 and @man69800
like this post for me to gage interest if you would like to do the next Holiday event on Project Cars 2! (Man’s idea of snow made me think of it)
Project cars 2 count me in please
Darn, I wish Project Cars 2 had cross platforming so I don't have to get it on the PS4 too.
This was fun last year. We doing it again?
I second that and would participate
I won't be here for a while....