SNAIL Holiday Event

I mentioned it before and i agree it is a better idea to get all involved.

@MajorBlixem is back on Friday from his out ofcountry and out of wifi experience. I hope he agrees with this suggestion

As Rednose mentioned I was outta town sipping all kinds of strange colored drinks...

I agree to the change... ONE qualifier PER RACE

I'll fix up the "official Post"

Tag me with your preferences for RACE 1,2,3
I will also see if I can find a good date for us to give this a test run

As Rednose mentioned I was outta town sipping all kinds of strange colored drinks...

I agree to the change... ONE qualifier PER RACE

I'll fix up the "official Post"

Tag me with your preferences for RACE 1,2,3
I will also see if I can find a good date for us to give this a test run
@MajorBlixem, race 1 or 2 for me please. Doesn't matter which one, just don't want race 3

With 15 racers there will be room for one extra person that could volunteer to broadcest the eventfrom a spectator angle. Start recruiting

Also, when the first and second drivers completed their respective runs they can also leave the race and spectate. Only drawback is that they won’t earn credits. Just make 100% sure not to cross the finish line and end the race prematurely

Snail Relay2.jpg

OFFICIAL PRACTICE

Thursday December 27th

Room will open at 9:00 PM EST.

(You don't necessarily have to showcase your Sunday Strategy, all we want to make sure everyone understands the concept and try to eliminate "that guy". You will need to use your "official" qualifier for every race through.​

Last edited:
Is there still room for another driver i this evet..... if so; please let me know what cars/tracks I will need to eter.
Sorry, Sir - the Event was limited to 5 teams of 3 drivers each - and all teams are filled.

Perhaps someone will not be able to participate - but in order for you to Substitute for that team you would need to have the 3 cars with their Livery - and for all 5 teams, since you wouldn’t know which team would need a Sub.

Soooo, it is doubtful that you would be able to enter the Event.

If unable to actually participate in the race; would be willing to come in as spectator & would broadcast race. Would just need some minor instruction on how to feed/post upon completion. COuld even take broadcast & do some stills once replays were posted as well for the site.

A reserve drivers list is a great idea. In regards to cars/colors/liveries.
I think if at least one person from each team shared their livery, then the reserve driver (if called upon) could simply save whatever livery to their library and apply as needed. I think most, if not all participants have shared their liveries.

OFFICIAL PRACTICE

DECEMBER 27 2018

Room open at 9:00 PM

Mustang @ Yamagiwa
The hand-over point is the parallel with the pit line. You may start behind the pit lane to get a running start. However the hand-over MUST be done before the pit lane. Driver 1 & 2...slam on the brakes...Do Not PASS GO... DO not COLLECT $200...back up and get off the racing line. Do not slam into your buddy at full speed

Beetle at the Dragon's Tail
The hand-over point is the big screen TV before the Pit line. DO NOT PASS the Pit lane. Again you may start behind the TV to get a running start. If you go past the Pit lane entry you run the risk of a "reset" which will put you back on track and ruin the race. Driver 1 & 2...slam on the brakes...Do Not PASS GO... DO not COLLECT $200...back up and get off the racing line

Porsche @ Monza
The hand-over is the 50 yrd marker before Parabolica (the long sweeping curve into the straight) I suggest you start at the 100 yrd marker to get a running start. The area is narrow for the hand-over so play nice. Driver doing the hand-over will have to slow down seriously or you will punt your buddy into the wall at hand-over. Driver 1 & 2...slam on the brakes...Do Not PASS GO... DO not COLLECT $200...back up and get off the racing line

This Bob
Bob reads the instructions and follows them
Bob is not "that guy"
bob.png

Be like Bob​

Last edited:
Combo 1 - Driver 2/3 sit back about 100 yards before the pit entry.... buddy will come around the final turn...he will communicate in party chat he's coming...you will explain where on the track you are so he can find you....as soon as he clears the final turn start accelerating....buddy must tap you before you get to the pit lane entrance....buddy must not cross the finish line...when safe , buddy backs up and get off the racing line

Please be sure to attend tonight's practice. We will demo the hand-over procedure.
Just to clarify...every driver will do 4 laps....

Teams should be in party chat to avoid confusion.... you will need a lot of communication for this one to work!

We can do this!

Just to summarize...

Drivers 2/3 will basically sit at 100 yards before the designated hand-over spot on track. As soon as the driver handing off is in range he will start accelerating. Handing-off driver must tap the driver before the designated hand-over spot.

Mustang @ Yamagiwa - Pit Lane Entrance
Beetle @ Dragon's Tail - The big screen TV on the right displaying GT sport
Porsche @ Monza - The 50 yard marker ahead of Parabolica

Clear as mud!

If the other Blue Team guys don’t show - I will just watch.

Great practice session last night! I will tweak the rules somewhat today to iron out the small kinks we experienced last night, however all in all I think last night was a blast!

Maybe we could get together tonight. Try out your Tweaks - and get folks who missed last night to come out.

It will be a Demolition Derby if half the folks don’t understand the Transfer process. Where to wait, When to start, and How to tap (without crushing both cars in the process)

Last night, at Monza, I couldn’t see the car to tag because of a car between us. Ended up passing the target car. Lost a lot of time as a result.

Back