*Complete* SNAIL Michelin Pilot Challenge, "PS5 Users ONLY",GS/GT4 Monthly Series, Congrat's to Rauljimenez76 for the Championship!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 994 comments
There was a lot of racing of course. But not a lot of position changes. For example, you would not be able to hold off Warmachine, who was faster, for an entire race at Laguna. Wider tracks with more racing line options will generally allow drivers more passing options.

But yes, if you want to be able to hold off drivers for multiple laps, then the narrow tracks like Atlanta will allow that. Which will somewhat artificially keep the majority of the field close. Especially in reverse grid situations.
I get what you’re saying with the passing opportunities but I made a mistake. I had used that curb to get rotation over and over pushing things. It just finally bit me in the rear end. He did his job. He played a good cat and mouse game and I lost. That could happen anywhere.

I got to see my car for this series IRL this weekend!
IMG_3539.jpg

I'm in the low 1:28's with a 5 point handicap (635.00pp reg), but I do think I will find a few hi 27's on perfect chase laps. Either way, I'm expecting 2-3 drivers with standout pace who will battle for the front in R1 with the rest of us duking it out for the rest. Race 2 will be a hit for sure....expecting some awesome battles across the board. 10 days to go. See some of you guys in practice over the next week or so.

Moving Forward Post
Alright Gents, I know its still very early in this current season of the Michelin Pilot Challenge, but wanted to present ideas for next season and the time between seasons. I want to start by stating that there will be a season 2 to start next spring of this same series/format/season/etc if the interest is there to run again. Now, that leaves the time of December thru April/May-ish open. We have 3 options:
1.) Take a month or 2 break, and then kick off the new season.
2.) Take a 4-5 month break until April rolls back around, and then restarts the next season.
3.) Run a Interim series of similar format/rules/tuning/length, but using different cars. See Below:

Michelin Pilot GT SuperCar Challenge
MR and RR Supercars spec'd to GS/GT4 class body styles and weights, with near GT3 Class power.
Eligible cars:/base specs
'20 Corvette C8 / 494hp-3373lbs-585pp
'09 Ferrari 458 Italia / 563hp-3274lbs-614pp
'17 Ford GT / 646hp-3053lbs-629pp
'17 Honda NSX (AWD) / 570hp-3924lbs-583pp
'15 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (AWD) / 601hp-3135lbs-629pp
'14 McLaren 650S / 641hp-2932lbs-635pp
'16 Porsche 911 GT3RS / 491hp-3131lbs-637pp

I would likely be targeting around 650-665pp which would put most cars in the 450-550hp range and weight ranging from 2700-3400lbs. Plan for Racing Hard Tires.
No widebody upgrades, and no lower diffusers allowed. All other adds and tuning rules will be similar to our current series. Weights to be hard set after testing. HP and Aero will make up the difference to achieve PP max regulation. This will basically be our current series, but utilizing MR and RR GT based supercars rather than FR GT cars.

We would run from Dec '23 to April '24 for a 5 event season, and then kick off a Season 2 of our normal series in May '24.
I would like a consensus of who is interested in what before investing too much time into testing for the above proposed. Please reply (1), (2), or (3) in the thread. This way, if the interest in in an interim series, I can spread the testing out across a longer time frame and not be crunched when this season comes to a close. This would allow everyone plenty of time to test and prepare their cars while we are still racing, and then start up without much gap. Hope this idea perks everyone's interest. If the voting falls strongly toward option 3, I will start working on testing and probably have details out some time in September.
(3) 1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
(3) 2. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
3. tyro_2004_2004 / @Tyro (#40)
(3) 4. Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
5. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
(3) 6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
(3) 7. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
8. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
(3,1) 9. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
(3) 10. AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
11. saber_stance / @Saber_stance (#25)
(3) 12. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
13. IforceV8 / @IforceV8 (#36)
14. SRT_Guido / @GTP_Guido (#69)
15. Sandite5 / @Sandite5 (#19)
16. TooBadIts_A_KIA / @johnnypaws (#76)
17. fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
(3,1) 18. rsrgse / @rsrgse (#7)
19. R1600Turbo / @R1600Turbo (#62)
20. MrDonovan / @MrDonovan (#27)
(3) 21. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
(3) 22. Dioready / @AColon (#21)
3 👌🐬

Moving Forward Post
Alright Gents, I know its still very early in this current season of the Michelin Pilot Challenge, but wanted to present ideas for next season and the time between seasons. I want to start by stating that there will be a season 2 to start next spring of this same series/format/season/etc if the interest is there to run again. Now, that leaves the time of December thru April/May-ish open. We have 3 options:
1.) Take a month or 2 break, and then kick off the new season.
2.) Take a 4-5 month break until April rolls back around, and then restarts the next season.
3.) Run a Interim series of similar format/rules/tuning/length, but using different cars. See Below:

Michelin Pilot GT SuperCar Challenge
MR and RR Supercars spec'd to GS/GT4 class body styles and weights, with near GT3 Class power.
Eligible cars:/base specs
'20 Corvette C8 / 494hp-3373lbs-585pp
'09 Ferrari 458 Italia / 563hp-3274lbs-614pp
'17 Ford GT / 646hp-3053lbs-629pp
'17 Honda NSX (AWD) / 570hp-3924lbs-583pp
'15 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (AWD) / 601hp-3135lbs-629pp
'14 McLaren 650S / 641hp-2932lbs-635pp
'16 Porsche 911 GT3RS / 491hp-3131lbs-637pp

I would likely be targeting around 650-665pp which would put most cars in the 450-550hp range and weight ranging from 2700-3400lbs. Plan for Racing Hard Tires.
No widebody upgrades, and no lower diffusers allowed. All other adds and tuning rules will be similar to our current series. Weights to be hard set after testing. HP and Aero will make up the difference to achieve PP max regulation. This will basically be our current series, but utilizing MR and RR GT based supercars rather than FR GT cars.

We would run from Dec '23 to April '24 for a 5 event season, and then kick off a Season 2 of our normal series in May '24.
I would like a consensus of who is interested in what before investing too much time into testing for the above proposed. Please reply (1), (2), or (3) in the thread. This way, if the interest in in an interim series, I can spread the testing out across a longer time frame and not be crunched when this season comes to a close. This would allow everyone plenty of time to test and prepare their cars while we are still racing, and then start up without much gap. Hope this idea perks everyone's interest. If the voting falls strongly toward option 3, I will start working on testing and probably have details out some time in September.
(3) 1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
(3) 2. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
(3) 4. Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
(3) 6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
(3) 7. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
(3,1) 9. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
(3) 10. AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
(3) 12. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
(3,1) 18. rsrgse / @rsrgse (#7)
(3) 21. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
(3) 22. Dioready / @AColon (#21)
Well fellas, just to make it official, there will be an interim season between MPC seasons. The initial plan will be 5 events from Dec '23 to April '24, but depending on how the "Supercars" are recieved and the level of overall interest, we could extend out to 8 events total (same as current MPC season). This would then push back a new MPC season start to August '24. That will be a decision for a later time.

As for progress, the cars and weights have been established. Hp, aero, and ballast leave alot of options to remain for unlocking extra and hidden performance. Each car tested so far are very characteristic of itself, and honestly, I have no idea which one I will choose....I like the way every one of them drive. Going to be a tough one to decide.
Keep an eye out, as I will be building a dedicated thread for that series soon. This will give everyone who is interested plenty of time to tune and test many cars over an extended period of time. Based on the testing of these cars, I do think everyone will like them as much as I do.

Here are the 7 cars in example liveries and built as they will be raced at a starting 675.00pp regulation.

Vehicle Build Sheet
-ALL CARS MUST BE SPEC'D TO SPECIFIED BASE WEIGHT FOR EACH CAR AND WILL NOT BE ADJUSTED
-All other adjustments/tuning/hp specs are allowed to reach the base 675.00pp base regulation for the season opener.
-Success Handicap/concessions will issued as a "PP" required regulation and the vehicle must be adjusted thru aero, hp, or other means to reach new pp regulation after each event.
Required Parts List (All parts below must be installed as noted/if available)
-Weight Reduction: apply enough to get under the required base weight, and add ballast as necessary to meet specified vehicle weight
-Power Restrictor
-Ballast
-Fully Customizable LSD
-Increased Body Rigidity
-Carbon Ceramic Racing Brake Kit
-Racing Brake Pads
-Brake Balance Controller
-Full Customizable Suspension
-Fully Adjustable Racing Transmission (Sequential Type)
-Racing Clutch Kit
-Racing Hard Tire Compound
-Racing Exhaust System (may apply Sports or Semi-Racing for desired sound)
-Addtional power adders may be added, but be sure to not add too much to the point there is no room for removal for BoP handicapping purposes.
-Wide Body MUST be Installed
-Allowed Aero: Front, Side, and rear deck spoilers ONLY (Any height). NO "lower" rear spoilers/diffusers allowed
(Max front/rear downforce figures should not exceed specified range for chosen car- noted in "Eligible Car List")
-Roll Cage must be installed if available.
-Wheels:
*must be Center Lock Hub style wheels only
**All cars must have a front or rear wheel set of a 20" diameter.
(Sizes allowed: 19/20, 20/20, 20/21)
***Rim "Width" and Rim "Offset" MUST be set to WIDE
-Hood Pin Option 1 (gray pullbtab style)
-Headlight: highest available headlight beam
-liveries must be rendered to series requirements
(See example pictures and requirements list)
GS Class Livery Requirements
Creative freedom on graphics or design. No inappropriate graphics. After main design is complete, all of the following decals must be present and sized close to example livery shown above. When finished, be sure to take side, front, rear, and top profile pictures over white background and post in the thread or pm for approval.

Sides

-Michelin Pilot Challenge Numberplate and driver's number in white using GT7 default font
Michelin Pilot Challenge Numberplate

-Digital display board next to Numberplate
Digital Display Board

-GS Class decal above or next to Numberplate
GS Class Tag

-SuperCar Decal to be placed next to GS Class decals
Will provide link

-Motec decal behind front fender arches
Motec Decal

-Snail decal in front of rear quarter arches
White
SNAIL Decal - White
Black
SNAIL Decal - Black

-"Snailracing.org" decal on A-pillar (if able) or on C Pillar.
snailracing.org decal

-Michelin decal in front of front fender arches or front bumper corners
Michelin Decal

-Motul decal in front of front fender arches
Select from default sponsors

-Michelin man decal behind rear quarter arches
Michelin Man Decal

-VP Racing Fuels decal behind rear quarter arches
VP Racing Fuels Decal

-Main Sponsor on doors or main body of quarter panels (Driver to source/create)

-Secondary and additonal sponsors, place on sides at will (Driver to source/create)

Front
-Michelin Pilot Challenge decal right front
Michelin Pilot Challenge Emblem Decal

-IMSA decal left front
Red
IMSA Decal - Red
White
IMSA Decal - White

-"Tow " decal pointing to tow hook
Select "Racing Decals" in editor

Rear
-Michelin decal in license plate box
Michelin Decal

-GS Class decal on left face of rear bumper
(Same as sides)

-SuperCar Decal next to the "GS" Class decal
(Same as sides)

-IMSA decal on left face of rear bumper
(Same as front)

-Michelin Pilot Challenge decal on right face of rear bumper (Same as front)

-driver number in white on right face of rear bumper
(If white car, overlay on a blue round corner box)

-"Tow " decal pointing to tow hook

Hood
-Primary sponsors largest
-additional sponsors added at will (small decals)

-Electric Cutoff decal -place on hood, drivers side near windshield.
(source from "Racing Decals" in editor)

-"E". extinguisher decal -place on hood, driver side near windshield next to Electric Cutoff decal
(source from "Racing Decals" in editor)

Windshield banner
-Blue background (same color as number plate blue)
-Michelin Pilot Challenge decal, centered
Michelin Pilot Challenge Banner Decal

-Car manufacturer emblem on driver side corner of banner
(Driver to source decal)

-Driver Number in white lettering on the passenger side corner of the banner

Spoiler (paint black)
Bottom
-Main Sponsor name/decal
Top:
-black overlay to cover spoiler bottom decal.
-Michelin Pilot Challenge Banner Decal in white lettering (Same as windshield banner)
Spoiler Winglets
-Driver's home country flag
(Driver must source home country flag decal),
(must cover entire winglet), (go to -10 Depth to remove any overrun onto spoiler top/inside of winglet)

Stay tuned. Now to get some practice for next Friday. :cheers:

Last edited:
Practice lobby open for a bit if anyone's interested.

Looks like everyone disconnected so gonna call it there. Need to find some consistency on my end but that was fun y'all.

Last edited:
MPC GT7 2023 Spotter guide Event #3.png

Drivers Meeting

Grid Business
Good morning to all the drivers who will be attending tonight's 3rd event at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. We are currently sitting at 14 drivers confirmed for tonight's races, so there are 2 open grid spots for those available and interested in racing. Please confirm or notify your intent to race here in the thread or pm me via psn. At the moment, all confirmed drivers are noted as attending, and have until 9:10pm est (5 minutes prior to Start of Qualifying) to secure their spot. @Akzl298 - keep me posted on your status when you know.

We do have 2 open grid spots available. Any last minute drivers that confirm their status to race, please be sure to submit their spec sheets via psn between 9:00pm-9:10pm est (submission window for all drivers) to my psn: NOVA-0479. A primary party chat will be open for our 16 drivers on grid. If anyone is not present by 9:10pm est, I will PSN message the available Reserves. If a prioritized Reserve is not online, the next Reserve driver will be offered the spot if available and ready to enter room.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Laguna Seca:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line..they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Turn 2, Turn 6 (the Hi Speed kink), and the Corkscrew: There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these sections, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to go side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link , and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for Laguna Seca.

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
7. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
9. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
10. AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
12. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
18. rsrgse / @rsrgse (#7)
21. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
22. Dioready / @AColon (#21)

Last edited:
In the spirit of sportsmanship and disclosure I think the settings sheets should be posted in the main party instead of privately. Most of us do it already so I’m not sure why some people get to do it via back channels.

Just my opinion.

In the spirit of sportsmanship and disclosure I think the settings sheets should be posted in the main party instead of privately. Most of us do it already so I’m not sure why some people get to do it via back channels.

Just my opinion.
Because disclosure of a tune that someone has spent alot of time on to gain an advantage or to overcome a disadvantage from handicap should be their preference. It is encouraged to be public with the scritineering submissions, but not required. The efforts made in tuning will ultimately catch up with them eventually. As long as it is submitted to me and meets the requirements for that driver, they are in compliance.

Well maybe a rule change is in order? It is constantly pointed out that this is a friendly competition where sharing tunes is encouraged. And it is also pointed out (by all great tuners apparently) that everyone’s driving style is different which would mean that someone’s secret sauce won’t work for someone else.

Honestly the cloak and dagger bit is getting old. This isn’t F1. It’s Friday night GT7 rec league. It would be nice for everyone to see the exact PP everyone is it at.

In previous seasons you would set the room to a certain level…people would enter. Then you would change the settings to allow the others to enter. This way we all knew who fit the rules. Of course nowadays that can’t be done but I think there should be a little more transparency.

So if the tune changes from track to track, the PP system levels it out anyway, and special tunes don’t work for everyone the same…and it’s not possible to change and copy a tune while we are in the lobby…what’s the sticking point? Will the elite tuner people threaten to leave if they have to post in the main chat?

Just curious why all the curtains…

Well maybe a rule change is in order? It is constantly pointed out that this is a friendly competition where sharing tunes is encouraged. And it is also pointed out (by all great tuners apparently) that everyone’s driving style is different which would mean that someone’s secret sauce won’t work for someone else.

Honestly the cloak and dagger bit is getting old. This isn’t F1. It’s Friday night GT7 rec league. It would be nice for everyone to see the exact PP everyone is it at.

In previous seasons you would set the room to a certain level…people would enter. Then you would change the settings to allow the others to enter. This way we all knew who fit the rules. Of course nowadays that can’t be done but I think there should be a little more transparency.

So if the tune changes from track to track, the PP system levels it out anyway, and special tunes don’t work for everyone the same…and it’s not possible to change and copy a tune while we are in the lobby…what’s the sticking point? Will the elite tuner people threaten to leave if they have to post in the main chat?

If we tell ya, we have to kill ya…😂😂😂

Honestly I’m not sure why I even wrote all that. I don’t even look at the posted sheets. And I don’t even really care.

I think I just like transparency in the processes.

So…whatever…

See you all tonight in my beater Z :)

This part in bold tipped my nerve for the fact it's implying that my integrity in regards to scrutineering and fairness is being questioned. I'm not entertaining anymore regarding this topic.

Okay, I found what caused the problem that we had last night. It’s called the abs glitch. It happens when you just start without warming up in an online race. If you have the problem you have to go and turn your abs off and then on again. I haven’t tested it, just going off what I’ve read. So where things went wrong was when we reset the room, we just set there to let whoever that was get in. Even tho we had ran the qualifier. It caused this glitch and it effected a few of us. So I guess we would be better off warming up anytime a room is reset. That’s about all I know to do.lol

Last edited:
Back