SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 720 comments
What about me boss?
Still gotta finalize data entry, but scoring has been done. Here are the last Event#2 regs to the left, and each drivers updated/new regs for Event #3 to the right. Formal post race report will be out soon.
Screenshot_20240120_083224_Sheets.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this and it does allow it to work a little longer but the issue is still there. I think taking it apart and giving it a thorough cleaning might do the trick. I just have to find the time to do it.

There is the possibility that after 8 and half years that it might just be on it's last legs. If that's the case, I have to make a decision. Go back to the controller or give up GT all together because if I'm going to spend money on a hobby, it's going to be golf at this point.
Did you get this figured out? My t300 rs gt is starting to do the same thing….FFB works great for about 15-20 minutes and then fades away. It still has some feedback but it’s more of a humming and vibration when turning only.

Did you get this figured out? My t300 rs gt is starting to do the same thing….FFB works great for about 15-20 minutes and then fades away. It still has some feedback but it’s more of a humming and vibration when turning only.
I got as far as ordering a replacement fan. It arrived but I haven't pulled it apart to replace it yet.

Every morning on my way too work I drive right past the Porsche dealership and usually drive by the showroom to see what’s new and I thought @Worst_Driver would like the new addition here….not Rothmans but pretty close!
Unfortunately they are not open when I go to work at 6am lol.

Attachments

• IMG_9745.jpeg
    IMG_9745.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9747.jpeg
    IMG_9747.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9746.jpeg
    IMG_9746.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 4
Every morning on my way too work I drive right past the Porsche dealership and usually drive by the showroom to see what’s new and I thought @Worst_Driver would like the new addition here….not Rothmans but pretty close!
Unfortunately they are not open when I go to work at 6am lol.
That would make a perfect winter beater here in Québec drifting through the snow and going in deep ish snow with that raised ride height. The Rothmans logo could be added later for historical accuracy haha...I just need a little bit more funds.

That would make a perfect winter beater here in Québec drifting through the snow and going in deep ish snow with that raised ride height. The Rothmans logo could be added later for historical accuracy haha...I just need a little bit more funds.
Yeah, it looks oddly high! That was my first thought when I looked at it this morning.

Looks like a lot of fun! This is what the wife and I use for our weekend off-road adventures, and it is also a lot of fun!!
Even more fun now that we finally got some snow!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9084.jpeg
    IMG_9084.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1813.jpeg
    IMG_1813.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9459.jpeg
    IMG_9459.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 4
Fun practice races tonight @Buffalo_DRD @Worst_Driver @Yugofan @Fudman420

Race lap times so far in the mid-low 23s. Tight race pace. My fast lap so far is 1:23.001.

Also, if not experienced already, please enjoy the sausage curbs sponsored by Space X. Use them only for launch.
Our fastest laps were pretty close, no more than 0.4 second. Its great to have a fighting chance as well, my power deficit is a little bit smaller and at a slower more technical track like Laguna Seca, I can keep up. This round will be a blast !

And those ******* sausage curbs right at the apex whyyyyyyyy
Looks like a lot of fun! This is what the wife and I use for our weekend off-road adventures, and it is also a lot of fun!!
Even more fun now that we finally got some snow!!!
I guess you were not driving without the top the last few days 😂

Our fastest laps were pretty close, no more than 0.4 second. Its great to have a fighting chance as well, my power deficit is a little bit smaller and at a slower more technical track like Laguna Seca, I can keep up. This round will be a blast !

And those ******* sausage curbs right at the apex whyyyyyyyy

I guess you were not driving without the top the last few days 😂
Lol NO! Although next week is saying double digit plus temps, so that’s a bit tempting 🤔

1706219500441.png

(in order of Championship Final Season Standings after Event #2)
Award Recognition
Checkered Flag = Single Race Wins
Track Map Outline = Overall Event Wins

Post Race Report and Scoring
Event #2 at Watkins Glen Long Course

Watkins Glen served up some amazing battles across both races once the nerves settled down after a few incidents. Qualifying saw a very tight grouping of times with less than a second difference from pole to 14th place....less than 0.5 sec across the top 8. This seeemed to set up the battles in both races.
Race 1 started on the sloppy side with an opening Turn 1 incident that resulted in a caution, followed immediately by a Race director's discretionary caution as we went be to green. Once we re-grouped and went back to green for a second time, everyone settled into some good tough racing. I started 9th and fell to 13th on the caution, but once we went back to steady green, I went to work. With drivers battling in front of me, this allowed me to close in an go on the attack....as many will agree, the right hander after the bus stop was my "kill zone", taking at least 3 positions from 3 different drivers in this corner. By the time Race 1 was finished, I managed to make it up a very respectable and hard earned 7th place.
Race 2 got underway a bit more cleanly, but ran into trouble later in the race that intiated a caution. After clearing a few positions later in the race, I found myself behind my teammate @Chris Kelley /Warmachine. I tried every way possible to close for an attack, but did have to be careful with a fast approaching @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara getting closer and closer. This ended in 4th place finish in race 2 and a 4th place overall on the event. Anyway, those were my races with many more battles and details left to be explained. Race broadcasts will be available for viewing, but you can view the actual replays through the search tag: snailgt3cup. Feel free to elaborate on any battle/exchanges you may have shared.
Despite some notably aggressive incidents, overall it was a great night of racing for most of us.

Isolated and minimal lag/jittering was present across the field, but was overall manageable.

Now for Scoring:
Congratulations to @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara on the Overall Win on the night. With 4th and 5th place finishes across the event night, this was a testament that just outright wnning is not the only possible way to earn an overall win on the night, but that consistency is what can afford anyone the possiblity...Well Done :cheers:

Also, Congratulations to our Top 3 Overall:
1st: @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara
2nd: @Fudman420 / Fudman420
3rd: @Noob01_lmdead / Rauljimenez76

Awards:
@Buffalo_DRD , please apply a "white" track map decal of Watkins Glen to your driver side quarter window in recognition of your overall Event #2 win.
@Fudman420 and @Harry Rowley , please apply the checkered flag decal linked below in recognition of each of winning a race in Event #2.>>>> Awards Link for Details and Decals
Series main Spotters Guide and Driver Profile page has been updated in order of driver standings with award tags and overall podium placemnet acknowledgements.>>>Driver Profile Page and Spotter's Guide
Screenshot_20240125_164821_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20240125_164912_Sheets.jpg

(shaded boxed scores are not eligible as drop scores as a result of issued penalties)

Screenshot_20240125_164940_Sheets.jpg

Below is the PP Regulation changes after Event #2. Drivers with changes noted, please adjust and tune accordingly.
Race Lobby PP Max Regulation for Event #3 remains set to 741.00 PP
(Please be sure to set Max PP correctly, as noted above, for practice lobbies to allow those drivers with concessions to enter)

Next Event (#3) Driver Regulations is noted in the far right column.
Screenshot_20240125_165050_Sheets.jpg

Race 1 and 2 Replay Broadcasts to be linked
Event #2 Race Broadcasts << Link

Next Event:
Date: February 9th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Conditions: S12, Sunny with Lots of Monsoon Clouds
Laps: 22 laps per race
Target Lap Times: low to mid 1:23's
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)
Additional details in the next post

Great racing everyone. Looking forward to our next event. We already have 19 drivers confirmed for Event #3. Be sure to confirm your attendance to secure reserve priority for our next event. See you guys for some practice over the coming weeks.
1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
18. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
19. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
20. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)
21. DUB-L-DEE / @DublDee (#44)
22. L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)
23. F1vargas / @f1vargas (#27)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster/2nd Series Roster
(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#96)

Last edited:
1706221886842.png

(Displayed in priority order as confirmed as 1/25/24 @5:30pm est)

Event #3 Race Details
February 9th, 2024, 9pm est
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Afternoon,
S12, Sunny with Lots of
Monsoon Clouds
22 laps/Race

Below are the details for Event #3 at Laguna Seca on Friday, February 9th, 2024.
Drivers are encouraged and reminded to confirm their attendance status as soon as possible to secure their spot on the grid for race night or Reserve Priority. Be reminded, this series runs on a "first to confirm" priority. First 16 drivers to confirm are guaranteed a grid spot. All additional drivers that confirm thereafter will be marked as Reserve drivers with priority based on order confirmed. Be sure to confirm your attendance as early as possible. We are currently sitting at 19 drivers confirmed for Event #3. All additional drivers to confirm will be on Reserve status for this event.

I will be hosting practice sessions in the afternoons periodically over the next few weeks between 4pm-5pm est, and am sure there will be other rooms open during the evening prime-time. Get those laps in and be ready.

Date: February 9th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Conditions: Afternoon, S12, Sunny with Lots of Monsoon Clouds
Laps: 22
Target Lap Times: low-mid 1:23's
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)

Track Map and Boundaries
1706220737459.png

Keep 2 wheels on or within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present at all times, except where it is specifically noted otherwise. The white line and curbing is considered legal track surface. Failure to comply to track boundaries could result in penalties if infractions are witnessed and reported.

Exceptions and Specified areas:
none

Roster Confirmed as of 1/25/24, 5:15pm est
Screenshot_20240125_171517_Sheets.jpg

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

2.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
3.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
4.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
5.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)

Last edited:
NEXT Season Voting/Poll

To everyone on our current roster and tagged in this post, please see the link below regarding plans for our next season of SNAIL Friday Night Racing. Please review, and be sure to cast your vote at the top of that thread. Voting closes on Friday, Feb 9th after our race night race room closes for the night. That would place us officially at the halfway point of the season. If we stay with the Porsche for a Europeon tour, it would be a smooth transition with minimal preparation needed, but if we go toward a season of the V8 Muscle Car Challenge, we need to begin organizing, preparation, and time trialing.
Voting for next Season

NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)

(no priority order)

2.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
3.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
4.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
5.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#96)

Last edited:
I say we split it up. 12 months in one car is a lot. V8’s, then pick up where we left off in Europe with the Porsche. We do it that way, the one make season opens up a nice testing bed for the multi car series. It gives us all time, even if it’s just a 4-5 race series. Healthy roster tho. We might have to start qualifying our way in. Lol

I think a past champion should be eligible to do that if needed. It’s not a provisional. They still have to make the cut. I think that would be cool.

Last edited:
I say we split it up. 12 months in one car is a lot. V8’s, then pick up where we left off in Europe with the Porsche. We do it that way, the one make season opens up a nice testing bed for the multi car series. It gives us all time, even if it’s just a 4-5 race series. Healthy roster tho. We might have to start qualifying our way in. Lol

I think a past champion should be eligible to do that if needed. It’s not a provisional. They still have to make the cut. I think that would be cool.
Im leaning that same way, but I do want to let everyone have an opinion....if everyone prefers to stay in the Porsche, why rock the boat, but, if everyone is interested and sees the potential in this v8 Muscle Car Series, we could have something new and unique, and then still be able to round back to the Porsche and keep it fresh. Lets see what the masses decide.

As for qualifying our way in, I'd have to think about that...could be a turn off to some. Have to give that some thought, but could be considered depending on how big the roster gets.

Opening testing room for anyone interested in shaking these V8 cars down. See the first post above for build specs for each car, and come join in.

My vote goes for the V8 muscle car series.

Are we talking modern or classic ? It would be so nice to race door to door in the classics, kinda like a throwback to the transam series…but unfortunately I know everyone won’t have the cars in their garages. Z28, Challenger and Mustang Boss could make for a great transam revival.

Also, racing older 911 could be fun or a classic DTM series with the 190E, M3 and Sierra Cosworth.

The game has been out for 2 years, by that point everyone should have most of the below 1 mil cars.

Just thinking out loud, I’ll be happy racing whatever with you guys whether its modern or classic !

Are we talking modern or classic ? It would be so nice to race door to door in the classics, kinda like a throwback to the transam series…but unfortunately I know everyone won’t have the cars in their garages. Z28, Challenger and Mustang Boss could make for a great transam revival.

Also, racing older 911 could be fun or a classic DTM series with the 190E, M3 and Sierra Cosworth.

The game has been out for 2 years, by that point everyone should have most of the below 1 mil cars.

Just thinking out loud, I’ll be happy racing whatever with you guys whether its modern or classic !
Second this

As much as Id like to run a vintage series, history has shown that anything more than a single event or maybe 3 event series is as far as interest usually holds. We tried the vintage Porsches that lasted about 2 races, and then the Fugu Z held strong for like 4 events and then went bust. I've learned that the cars have to have a certain attitude or special-ness to them to hold the interest...they need to be satisfying to drive, yet challenging, able to be raced close, but have a certain edginess. Thats why I think the Porsche did well, why the GS cars have done well, and why I believe the modern Gen 3 inspired V8 cars will be strong. Alot goes into getting the cars equalized, then getting the driver skill parity established....too much effort for what only might be 2-3 events before boredom sets in. Hence, Id rather stick with the modern faster cars.

As much as Id like to run a vintage series, history has shown that anything more than a single event or maybe 3 event series is as far as interest usually holds. We tried the vintage Porsches that lasted about 2 races, and then the Fugu Z held strong for like 4 events and then went bust. I've learned that the cars have to have a certain attitude or special-ness to them to hold the interest...they need to be satisfying to drive, yet challenging, able to be raced close, but have a certain edginess. Thats why I think the Porsche did well, why the GS cars have done well, and why I believe the modern Gen 3 inspired V8 cars will be strong. Alot goes into getting the cars equalized, then getting the driver skill parity established....too much effort for what only might be 2-3 events before boredom sets in. Hence, Id rather stick with the modern faster cars.
Makes sense and they are available to buy at anytime which helps including more people. I tend to prefer slower and looser handling cars hence my suggestion but I’m OK with the Porsche and other race spec street cars because it puts me out of my confort zone and improves my skill range.

I assume then we’re talking modern muscle. Mustang, Camaro and Challenger ?

My vote still stands by the way and I’m looking forward to whatever great series you come up with !

I get my weekly dose of slow weird cars in the regular SNAIL series. Next time I get a prize, we are racing the Jimny for sure 😂

Last edited:
You know one make wise. I think the Ford GT, ‘06. That’s the only Ford I’ve ever really thought, wow! Well, maybe the GT350R too. That is an incredible engine.

I can’t remember anyone ever doing anything with the Ford GT. There may be a reason. Idk.
That’s a cool car tho. And it’s unique with a lot of attitude. If not that, you know the go to is a Ferrari. lol, I mean really.

I think a lot of the Ferrari’s are under 400,000.

And just like the 992, you throw the bolt ons to it, a pair of slicks, suspension, and rear end under it and there ya go. Lol

Last edited:
Back