SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 722 comments
Finally, @Chris Kelley , I said in post race chat that your lag was a cause of my incident at the Heel, turn 8 (race 2, lap 10, time 17:44)

1705125319429.gif

In my replay I see the lag still. You’d gone into the grass so I was gaining but on switchback I went into the grass myself. I over corrected a bit coming back on and was just “that much” too far right, distracted by not hitting you (clippped your quarter panel) and missed my braking point.

Finally, @Chris Kelley , I said in post race chat that your lag was a cause of my incident at the Heel, turn 8 (race 2, lap 10, time 17:44)

View attachment 1318803

In my replay I see the lag still. You’d gone into the grass so I was gaining but on switchback I went into the grass myself. I over corrected a bit coming back on and was just “that much” too far right, distracted by not hitting you (clippped your quarter panel) and missed my braking point.
Yeah, I was looking at it. I put one off and you went to make your move. I had already made it tough on you once through there. I kept having to defend the inside up the hill where I’m down on power. You went inside to get me to react. So I slid inside a tad, but it was a fake, and I tried to give you room inside because I thought you had committed. When you went left I ended up going with you until I realized what you had done. I unintentionally blocked your view of the braking marker. You totally miss it, and sailed it off into the marbles. Lol

I tried to tuck it back in there, it was too late. You just did knick my quarter. I think you could’ve got it slowed up had it not been for that.

Just one of those racing deals.

Last edited:
Guys I just wanted to say I had a blast last night! There was some really close, tight battles and I managed to stay out of trouble until the last few laps of the second race, where I spun all on my own.
Anyway, I’m happy with my overall result considering I had little to no practice time to set up the car, and it was great to be racing with you guys again!
Can’t wait for Laguna 😎👍🏼

Guys I just wanted to say I had a blast last night! There was some really close, tight battles and I managed to stay out of trouble until the last few laps of the second race, where I spun all on my own.
Anyway, I’m happy with my overall result considering I had little to no practice time to set up the car, and it was great to be racing with you guys again!
Can’t wait for Laguna 😎👍🏼
Had an awesome battle with you....I had to be patient for what felt like a lifetime in race 1 until a door opened. Great battle and glad to have you racing with us. :cheers:

Reminder to all drivers who have not yet confirmed...spots have been going very fast. We are already at 14 drivers confirmed for Laguna Seca...2 grid spots left open before going into Reserves.

Can't wait to get the replays from Event #2 and get the scoring posted. Eas an awesome night of racing fellas. :cheers:

I also want to say how much fun I had last night. I was up past 2:00am all wired-up from the intense racing.

That was my first official experience of any kind under the SNAIL banner and the experience was great. I was bummed at missing Daytona last month but living about 2.5 hours from the Watkins Glen, I was really looking forward to this and it exceeding my expectations. Great CLEAN battles at the back & at the front.

I’m very happy to have found this group. I enjoy not only the racing but also the nightly practices that some of us have been doing.

@llNovall I can’t imagine the time and effort you put into this kind of stuff but it’s very much appreciated.
And boy…what a fun car to drive.

The official (ish) photos of round 2
View attachment 1319422
View attachment 1319423
View attachment 1319424
View attachment 1319425
View attachment 1319426
View attachment 1319427
Round 2 was fun, thanks again for setting this up Nova. I can't say it enough. I'm really looking forward to round 3 at Laguna Seca, its one of my favorite tracks.
Thank you sir for catching a few photos of Event #2...nice job and very much appreciated. Laguna Seca is going to be a very busy track in a few weeks time. Can't wait.

Has anyone ran any laps at Laguna Seca yet? I’m definitely off the mark a bit. The best lap I can get so far is 1:24 but it’s early I guess so lots of time to practice and dial in the car!
Correct me if I’m wrong but we should likely be around the 1:21’s or better?

Last edited:
No one knows. Until a few engineers give out the base tune. Usually when the base is posted you’ll be looking to push a second to a second and a half below that. No one usually gets real serious about lap time until the track conditions are posted.

Last edited:
Has anyone ran any laps at Laguna Seca yet? I’m definitely off the mark a bit. The best lap I can get so far is 1:24 but it’s early I guess so lots of time to practice and dial in the car!
Correct me if I’m wrong but we should likely be around the 1:21’s or better?
No one knows. Until a few engineers give out the base tune. Usually when the base is posted you’ll be looking to push a second to a second and a half below that. No one usually gets real serious about lap time until the track conditions are posted.
Phlano ran about 8 laps and baselined Laguna Seca at low 1:24's using lobby, afternoon, SO8 settings. Conditions have not been set quite yet, but as War said, expect real numbers to be into the low-mid 1:23's.....then again Phlano is fast among the field atm and is typically fast at Laguna Seca. But hi 23's to low 24's is a good starting point.

Phlano ran about 8 laps and baselined Laguna Seca at low 1:24's using lobby, afternoon, SO8 settings. Conditions have not been set quite yet, but as War said, expect real numbers to be into the low-mid 1:23's.....then again Phlano is fast among the field atm and is typically fast at Laguna Seca. But hi 23's to low 24's is a good starting point.
Got to a 1:23.4 today OPT was 1:23.1

1:22s will be in play by race day...

Back