*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
July 8th not June 24th?

First chicane, entry and exit of speed 43 MPH or less or you lose the rear end.

Second chicane, 65 MPH, try not to clip the curbs, I try to straddle them.

Final chicane, 85 MPH entry speed do not clip the curb, it unsettles the car, same with the exit.

I can send you mine on PSN later today.

I have ballast at -5.
Yes, July 8th is our next race event. And, yes I'll certainly try the tune. Looking for any answers to overcome this wonky low speed oversteer effect. Thanks Phlano099 👍

There is a big difference between S02 and S11 in grip at the first chicane and lap times.

Will have a lobby open later to run some 11 lap races.

Porsche GT3 SuperCup
Bulletin

After reviewing some of the tunes that drivers have shared across the season since we moved to GT7, I have noticed that some have reflected the addition of the adjustable racing computer and large percentages of hp removed by the Power Restrictor. Doing this changes the power and torque curves enough to establish advantages. While we have open tuning on the Michelin series that allows this type of tuning, in the Porsche Series the power for all drivers should stay the same at 507hp with only the Racing Exhaust installed. The only exception would be for a Platinum driver that has hp percentages removed for success penalty. Stock hp on the Porsche is 493hp and with only the racing exhaust, it is brought to 507hp. All drivers should review and remove any upgrades to the engine except the racing exhaust, and the power restrictor should be set at 100%. Only exception is fruitloop31 at 94% for success penalty compliance. Transmission and suspension tuning are wide open for your preferences.

For our next event, I will be requesting all drivers to send their spec sheet on race day after the Race Room is open and driver's have entered showing their hp/wgt/and power restrictor percentage. All sheets will be reviewed post event. Any driver failing to submit this scrutineering sheet/request for each event will be issued a 15 point penalty against their overall score for the night.

Post Race Report from Event #9, and the Event Details and Confirmation Reminder Posts for Event #10 at Monza will be out next week. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)
@Valex /Valex997 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
@ruggermole / ruggermole (Gold)
@rsrgse / rsrgse (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)
@CRC_Tony / Tony_Crays (Gold)

Last edited:
Porsche GT3 SuperCup
Bulletin

After reviewing some of the tunes that drivers have shared across the season since we moved to GT7, I have noticed that some have reflected the addition of the adjustable racing computer and large percentages of hp removed by the Power Restrictor. Doing this changes the power and torque curves enough to establish advantages. While we have open tuning on the Michelin series that allows this type of tuning, in the Porsche Series the power for all drivers should stay the same at 507hp with only the Racing Exhaust installed. The only exception would be for a Platinum driver that has hp percentages removed for success penalty. Stock hp on the Porsche is 493hp and with only the racing exhaust, it is brought to 507hp. All drivers should review and remove any upgrades to the engine except the racing exhaust, and the power restrictor should be set at 100%. Only exception is fruitloop31 at 94% for success penalty compliance. Transmission and suspension tuning are wide open for your preferences.

For our next event, I will be requesting all drivers to send their spec sheet on race day after the Race Room is open and driver's have entered showing their hp/wgt/and power restrictor percentage. All sheets will be reviewed post event. Any driver failing to submit this scrutineering sheet/request for each event will be issued a 15 point penalty against their overall score for the night.

Post Race Report from Event #9, and the Event Details and Confirmation Reminder Posts for Event #10 at Monza will be out next week. Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)
oops, double post

Last edited:
Season 1 Episode 24 GIF by Martin

Finally sourced and purchased a PS5....should be to me by Friday. Now, curious to see if PD gets their act together on the lobbies by the end of our Porsche season. Been spending some time on ACC, and loving the feel of it, and looking forward to seeing what it offers in the way of lobby options and if it could be adapted to our needs. Imagine an online 30 car grid.😉 Hope is still there for PD, but as I said before, clock is ticking.
Highly recommend giving ACC a try, especially if you have the PS5.

PORSCHE GT3 SUPERCUP
SERIES NEWS

With only 3 Events remaining in Season 3 of the Porsche GT3 SuperCup Series, it is now time to start considering next steps for Season 4.
With the current state of lobbies, lobby stability, physics, ffb, and other issues that appear to be very slow to update in GT7, serious consideration is being made to move our Porsche Series to ACC. It had its growing pains early, but 2+ years in, it has matured into quite a strong platform with a very immersive experience and awesome ffb qualities. While we would be losing the ability to have the fancy custom liveries and the ability to have the amazing replays GT7 afforded, we would gain in a much more realistic and immersive racing title along with a grid size of up to 30 drivers. Think of it as us graduating to the next level of sim racing.
Have a look at the poll at the top of this page to vote based on your current status and opinion.

Next, follow this link and post if you would be signing up to race the next season if the Series were to migrate to ACC.
ACC Porsche GT3 Supercup Interest Check for Next Season

The title is currently on sale in the PS Store for $15.99 until Tuesday 6/28. I believe if you purchase the PS4 version, you also get the PS5 upgrade included. The Porsche GT3 Cup car we will be using is included with the base title, however, more tracks were included in the Intercontinental Pack and the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack. These could be purchased later, and our schedule would open with tracks included with DLC tracks being trickled into the schedule later in the season to spread out the expense.
Race Nights would remain on Friday nights at 9pm est and would continue to run 1 event per month. More details on format, classing, leveling (if possible), and lobby options will be available as I explore and get more details in game.
6BA9178B-E1F5-44CF-A44B-3840541381D1.jpeg.jpg
118FF068-A116-4E6A-9DBF-5E29B332DC9C.jpeg.jpg

I copied everyone recently associated with the Porsche series over the last season and Season 2.
I know it's a tall ask, but I'm hoping that many of you will agree that ACC may very well be more suitable to our needs despite the initial expense to migrate over. I look forward to seeing where everyone is regarding this. See most of you on July 8th in GT7 for Event #10 at Monza.

@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@Track_King47 / (Gold)
Retired
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13 (Gold) out til April
@GTP_Guido /TPC_Guido (Gold)
@GTR4MROD /GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Bambi / GTP_Bambi (Platinum)
@Clean Racer /GentlemanRacing (Gold)
@Stryker13 /DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@LSGtheSkyChef / distant_crowd2 (Gold)

Last edited:
Just a question of curiosity. Is the PS4 version that is free to download if you has playstation plus premier the full version of the game? If it is then that could be a major selling point for the series to move. Zero up front investment is usually a good thing.

Just a question of curiosity. Is the PS4 version that is free to download if you has playstation plus premier the full version of the game? If it is then that could be a major selling point for the series to move. Zero up front investment is usually a good thing.
That's a great question and definitely a good note to point out. I don't have the premier, and already had the game, so that's a question best left for someone yet to purchase. If anyone with a premiere psn account can verify its the full version of the game, that would be a big help.

That's a great question and definitely a good note to point out. I don't have the premier, and already had the game, so that's a question best left for someone yet to purchase. If anyone with a premiere psn account can verify its the full version of the game, that would be a big help.
I think it probably is because the purchase option is 39.99. I may download it over the weekend and have a look at it.

Then it's not much use to what you're doing. I still may have a look at it.
I did look on google. It does appear it is available for ps5 as well under the premium game list. Anyone who get the ps4 version get the free ps5 upgrade. You just cannot play ps5 racers against ps4 racers.

I did look on google. It does appear it is available for ps5 as well under the premium game list. Anyone who get the ps4 version get the free ps5 upgrade. You just cannot play ps5 racers against ps4 racers.
Good to know, I won’t be getting PS5 untell late this year, going to Thailand to visit fiancé August

Seems like you have to rent/buy server to host a private race in ACC?

Last edited:
Seems like you have to rent/buy server to host a private race in ACC?
Nope, open private lobbies. Already created a room ro double check. As a matter of fact I'll have one open for a little while in about 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
Back