SNAIL & PSVR2?

• Thread starter TexHill
  • 15 comments
United States
Texas
Tex_Hill
Anyone else besides Dragonwhisky and myself pick up a PSVR2? I've spent about an hour with it between last night and this morning, and I am truly amazed. I did some time trial laps with it at Watkins Glenn using the Wicked '51 Ford, and I shaved 6 seconds off of my Sunday night lap times. Admittedly, 6 seconds doesn't put me in the running to win Sunday's race, but I'm pumped to see some improvement. Thoughts?

Anyone else besides Dragonwhisky and myself pick up a PSVR2? I've spent about an hour with it between last night and this morning, and I am truly amazed. I did some time trial laps with it at Watkins Glenn using the Wicked '51 Ford, and I shaved 6 seconds off of my Sunday night lap times. Admittedly, 6 seconds doesn't put me in the running to win Sunday's race, but I'm pumped to see some improvement. Thoughts?
6 seconds is a tremendous improvement. You’ve probably surpassed that by now. I’m reading some users are now putting down faster times in the online TT.

I find I can be faster, but it seems to be just as conditional as without PSVR2. The car and track seems to make a big difference for me in either case.

Last night I went through all the S license tests on my alt and the one, S7 - F1 car at Laguna, that I was surprisingly best at with the TV, I couldn't go faster with PSVR2. I was close but not better. I found myself trying to do a motorcycle lean into turns and that was assing up the video feed to the VR. It wasn't the play area boundary grid I was getting but some other black screen with green triangular lines as I leaned. I was spending as much time concentrating on not leaning my head and body as I was trying to hit apexes well.

I'm in a bit of a quandary now though. So far, I've been able to run for about 40-60 minutes in VR before I feel a break is necessary. Not sure how well I can endure a Sunday night. @Skills or whomever hosts D2 tonight. If I'm not on track when you intend to start the race, don't wait for me. I plan to do some practice today but not certain I'll host the warmup room this evening. May need to save my stamina for league races. VR definitely works my body more than pancake mode.

Are you more consistent hitting your marks/lap times?

Cat and mouse in VR?

Last edited:
Are you more consistent hitting your marks/lap times?

Cat and mouse in VR?
Not real sure about that. Haven't done anything yet to really compare. We'll find out today and tonight in that first combo. While I was better overall in the license tests, those aren't really a good test bed for consistency. I did find myself able to brake, what felt like, later, Trail brake deeper and still make the corner, whether I hit the apex or not. Probably join @Chiochansan 's lobby when he gets it back up. If it's not already.

Tried cat and mouse way back in the day and found it ain't a thing I like.

Last edited:
Since I am a newbe to vr and I have a slight vision problem that affects things like this, my stints are short with a long recovery time. I tried some on Alsace and I'm still spinning. I think I need a nap and leave the vr in the box for the rest of the day.
Slowly breaking myself in I do see some improvements to controlling the nausea.

I find I can be faster, but it seems to be just as conditional as without PSVR2. The car and track seems to make a big difference for me in either case.
Last night I went through all the S license tests on my alt and the one, S7 - F1 car at Laguna, that I was surprisingly best at with the TV, I couldn't go faster with PSVR2. I was close but not better. I found myself trying to do a motorcycle lean into turns and that was assing up the video feed to the VR. It wasn't the play area boundary grid I was getting but some other black screen with green triangular lines as I leaned. I was spending as much time concentrating on not leaning my head and body as I was trying to hit apexes well.

I'm in a bit of a quandary now though. So far, I've been able to run for about 40-60 minutes in VR before I feel a break is necessary. Not sure how well I can endure a Sunday night. @Skills or whomever hosts D2 tonight. If I'm not on track when you intend to start the race, don't wait for me. I plan to do some practice today but not certain I'll host the warmup room this evening. May need to save my stamina for league races. VR definitely works my body more than pancake mode.
That's funny that you lean into the turns. That just goes to show you how our minds buy into the realism.

Thankfully, I have pretty much acclimated to VR. The first day I had to take a break after about 30 minutes, but now I can play for a few hours without issue - chewing gum helps. Although, I had an issue this morning. I was driving some laps in the AMG at Alsace, and the back end got away from me on the big curve. The car spun and I ended up going in reverse. My mind and stomach did not like that one bit, and I started feeling nauseous.

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread. I forgot to mention the reversing thing in my posts in the main thread. That tends to affect just about everyone. I try not to have to use reverse in general, but I think a lot of people just close their eyes for a couple of seconds when they have to reverse in VR. That's something to take note of as it can ruin your session, as described above.

I’m really on the fence on this one……as most of you know, there’s two of us to take into account in our situation.(me and the wife are both Snails on PS5). We will probably start by purchasing one and both try it out a few times. If we both fall in love with it, it’s double the fun, but double the expense as well 😳

I’m really on the fence on this one……as most of you know, there’s two of us to take into account in our situation.(me and the wife are both Snails on PS5). We will probably start by purchasing one and both try it out a few times. If we both fall in love with it, it’s double the fun, but double the expense as well 😳
You’ll get 1 and both love it but won’t ever be able to race in pancake mode anyone. Probably should just get 2 so both of you can get back on the track and not have to fight over who gets to use the PSVR 2.

Since I am a newbe to vr and I have a slight vision problem that affects things like this, my stints are short with a long recovery time. I tried some on Alsace and I'm still spinning. I think I need a nap and leave the vr in the box for the rest of the day.
Slowly breaking myself in I do see some improvements to controlling the nausea.
What did the update do for the VR2?

I was able to do many laps with many cars today and did not suffer ill feelings. The graphics are improved in the update and as my VR legs are stronger now, I can fully appreciate how freaking great it is. I was in a Mazda roadster along side a Tundra and couldn't stop smiling. Looking up at this huge truck it was hilarious because it felt so real.
They did something that makes it better that's for sure.

I was able to do many laps with many cars today and did not suffer ill feelings. The graphics are improved in the update and as my VR legs are stronger now, I can fully appreciate how freaking great it is. I was in a Mazda roadster along side a Tundra and couldn't stop smiling. Looking up at this huge truck it was hilarious because it felt so real.
They did something that makes it better that's for sure.
That’s great news! I read that the VR replay has been smoothed out with slightly less ghosting.
Can you spectate a live race in VR?

Last edited:
Back