SNAIL - Super Formula Series

• Thread starter THRASH
  • 291 comments
Will be there - but will leave if someone else needs to get in and unable. Would rather others get priority.

I’ll be there

upload_2019-4-17_12-35-2.png

Just a reminder for tonight’s race.

• Not allowed to use Racing MEDIUM tires. ONLY SOFTS & HARDS.
• you can choose what tire to start on
• you can choose if you want to qualify or start in the back. The room will be open for 30 mins before the race begins so you can hit as many laps as possible
• keep it clean, all SNAIL Rules apply.
• have fun cause these cars are badass.

Thank you to everyone who came out. Definitely learned a lot about the Super Formula car and the direction this series should go! I’m gonna make some changes and post it in here and see everyone’s opinions. Once again thank you to everyone’s who helped and we are gonna make this even better.

Hey all! I'm definitely interested in joining if there is still space! I have been looking for a series that fits with my schedule and this one does!

Hey all! I'm definitely interested in joining if there is still space! I have been looking for a series that fits with my schedule and this one does!

Yes we have plenty of space! The format is changing it won’t be 45 min races but it will still be Wednesday’s

C6C16E84-CED4-4778-B413-ED608B66B4FE.jpeg

SPECIAL Press Conference for the SNAIL Super Formula Series.

Good afternoon my fellow drivers. Last Wednesday was the first test for the SNAIL Super Formula Series as much of you know. We learned a lot about the cars and the races and we realized changes needed to be made.

For starters we will be delaying the start of the season by another week. It was scheduled to start April 24th but will now begin May 1st.

On April 24th we will be doing another test to lock in our new race package to further make the series better.

We had 2 45 minute races and I do not believe an Endurance style race is the direction we need to go. We will leave that to the official Endurance Series. With the huge popularity to the Manufacturer & Nation Series we have decided that shorter races will be better.

The new schedule will have two 30 minute races instead of 45’s. The room will open at 8:30 and race 1 will begin at 8:45. With a 30 minute race (in lap form) the race will end hopefully at 9:15. 9:30 will start race 2 and we will end at 10:00 EST. It’s not like Sundays when we all have the entire night. The new format cuts out 45 minutes of unneeded time. Wednesday’s are a more difficult time to make so shorter races will make it easier to commit.

With shorter races we will be adding more of a mix. Before the rules were use Racing Hard & Softs at least once with Fuel at x3 and Tires at x5. The NEW rules will be all 4 Racing Tires (SuperSoft, Soft, Medium, and Hard) will be available. You must use at least 2 compounds of your choice. The fuel will now be at x6 & x7 for the test races, and Tire wear will be at x19!

This Wednesday we will be holding our 2nd test on April 24th at 8:30 pm EST with 20 laps at Barcelona & 19 laps at Dragon Trail - Seaside.

I hope everyone enjoys the changes. I hope everyone can make next weeks race and if you didn’t enjoy last week or maybe you did, come on back and try it again. Thank you to everyone who helped last week, the data and way everyone drove I watched everyone’s race and learned ALOT. So next week we will try again.

View attachment 815534

SPECIAL Press Conference for the SNAIL Super Formula Series.

Good afternoon my fellow drivers. Last Wednesday was the first test for the SNAIL Super Formula Series as much of you know. We learned a lot about the cars and the races and we realized changes needed to be made.

For starters we will be delaying the start of the season by another week. It was scheduled to start April 24th but will now begin May 1st.

On April 24th we will be doing another test to lock in our new race package to further make the series better.

We had 2 45 minute races and I do not believe an Endurance style race is the direction we need to go. We will leave that to the official Endurance Series. With the huge popularity to the Manufacturer & Nation Series we have decided that shorter races will be better.

The new schedule will have two 30 minute races instead of 45’s. The room will open at 8:30 and race 1 will begin at 8:45. With a 30 minute race (in lap form) the race will end hopefully at 9:15. 9:30 will start race 2 and we will end at 10:00 EST. It’s not like Sundays when we all have the entire night. The new format cuts out 45 minutes of unneeded time. Wednesday’s are a more difficult time to make so shorter races will make it easier to commit.

With shorter races we will be adding more of a mix. Before the rules were use Racing Hard & Softs at least once with Fuel at x3 and Tires at x5. The NEW rules will be all 4 Racing Tires (SuperSoft, Soft, Medium, and Hard) will be available. You must use at least 2 compounds of your choice. The fuel will now be at x6 & x7 for the test races, and Tire wear will be at x19!

This Wednesday we will be holding our 2nd test on April 24th at 8:30 pm EST with 20 laps at Barcelona & 19 laps at Dragon Trail - Seaside.

I hope everyone enjoys the changes. I hope everyone can make next weeks race and if you didn’t enjoy last week or maybe you did, come on back and try it again. Thank you to everyone who helped last week, the data and way everyone drove I watched everyone’s race and learned ALOT. So next week we will try again.

I really like these changes and I'm looking forward to next week's test race at Barcelona and Dragon Trail.

Oh, and thanks for letting the Endurance Series keep the endurance style all to ourselves!

I really like these changes and I'm looking forward to next week's test race at Dragon Trail.

Oh, and thanks for letting the Endurance Series keep the endurance style all to ourselves!

I’m glad you liked it. And not that I didn’t enjoy the longer races but I’d rather keep everyone closer together and it’s either shorter races or boost lol. I think the shorter races allows more people to come and take an hour and a half of their Wednesday night rather then 2 and a half hours

Wednesday Night will be the 2nd test week of the SNAIL - Super Formula Series

50e2ae0a-8e51-4028-bde1-352b22d45800-png.816533

The series has shifted to shorter, FIA style races. You can use any type of Racing tire from SuperSoft to Hard. You must use 2 different compounds and the choice is up to you. Should be a fun night post in the thread to say if you’re interested.

April 24th Testing Week 2

8:30 - 8:45 PM EST Join & Open Qualifying for Race 1
8:45 - 9:15 PM EST Race 1
9:15 - 9:30 PM EST Qualifying Race 2
9:30 - 10:00 PM EST Race 2

Race 1: Red Bull Ring

Laps: 22 laps
Tires: x19
Fuel: x7

Race 2: Dragon Trail - Seaside

Laps: 18
Tires: x20