SNAIL Time Trial Events - 2nd Edition

• Thread starter JamCar0ne
  • 100 comments
I love the track but I don't like it as a time trial.. 5 min into a lap a full second ahead of your pace and a mistake costs a bunch of time not only in the lap but the time it takes to get back to that point to try and not make the mistake again.

I’m gonna cry if I missed Nordschleife yet again! Tell me it’s not true :ill:

upload_2019-12-13_16-4-48.jpeg

Second post updated with results.

Interesting note. 3 of the last 6 weeks have been the 86 GT Limited. Someone at PDI must really like this car.
As much as I tried, I just did not make up any ground on this event. What is the event this week? Race C is the one make. Is that the one we are using?

As much as I tried, I just did not make up any ground on this event. What is the event this week? Race C is the one make. Is that the one we are using?

Yes, the one make, so Race C this week.
Just checked the website to see Race C is Nordschleife (@Rob Brown) but it doesn't say which car. Take the time to run at least two laps and over time, you will begin to improve.

2nd post updated with results. Further proof Nordschleife isn't all that popular :crazy:
Lol. Not with me brother. I attempted it a few times. My time was so embarrassingly horrible I quit before crossing the line to make it “official”. Hopefully there is a nice one tomorrow.
Thanks for keeping track of this @JamCar0ne. I do like participating when the combos are decent.

:idea:I motion that the top 10, if in SNAIL and not already in division 1, be promoted to that division. :eek:
All those opposed? :odd:
Not hearing any objections, motion carries.:lol:
Congratulations! See you speed demons in March!

:idea:I motion that the top 10, if in SNAIL and not already in division 1, be promoted to that division. :eek:
All those opposed? :odd:
Not hearing any objections, motion carries.:lol:
Congratulations! See you speed demons in March!

There is a big difference between putting together one great lap with unlimited tries (time trial) and putting together consecutive good laps with no do-overs (racing). I can say that sometimes you can get to the podium in D3 just by staying on the track for the whole race.

There is a big difference between putting together one great lap with unlimited tries (time trial) and putting together consecutive good laps with no do-overs (racing). I can say that sometimes you can get to the podium in D3 just by staying on the track for the whole race.
Even in D1 it's the case that occasionally you could finish 4th every race and win or come in a close 2nd. At least back when I was competing.

Second Post updated with results.. Awe heck, I'll post them here too:

View attachment 893855

Congrats to @ConnorWolf for taking the overall win, and Super-Duper Congrats to @Nick Cannella for a stellar performance!

Oh! I didn't expect to win one of these! I sort of forgot about it, I've been very distracted with other stuff past couple years...

Fun story, the Eunos got me FINALLY to 50% sport mode win rate! 180 races finished, 90 wins.

Back