Snake's and Community Run VisionGT Review Thread - BVLGARI VGT reviewed!

Wales
Wales, UK
Snake55wildcat
Now, as a massive fan of Vision GT Concepts since their introduction in GT6 (and you could technically count the Red Bull X20xx series and the CitroenGT I guess...?) I have been really impressed by some.. and disappointed by others, and for that reason since the program still remains ongoing nearly a decade later, I would like to start slowly but surely make reviews for them all - and give them use cases for people unsure on how/where to use them, since many consider them to be a COMPLETE waste of space - I however, do not as I find them incredibly unique and part of GT's identity, letting you drive cars you could never dream of whether they be real or not (all the fictional GT race cars based on real world cars anyone? I dont see anyone complaining those, or the fictional race modifications either) and I hope to start reviews soon, there will not be an order as to which ones I get however, I hope to be making them as I collect various VGTs on the side as I continue my journey through GT7.
  • Alpine VGT - owned
  • Alpine VGT Race Mode - owned
  • Alpine VGT 2017 [Gr.1] - owned
  • AMG Mercedes-Benz VGT - owned
  • AMG Mercedes-Benz VGT Racing Series - owned
  • Aston Martin DP-100 VGT - reviewed
  • Audi e-tron VGT - owned
  • Audi e-tron VGT Gr.1 - owned
  • BMW VGT - reviewed
  • Bugatti VGT - owned
  • Bugatti Gr.1 VGT - owned
  • BVLGARI VGT - reviewed
  • Chaparral 2X VGT - reviewed
    • Might cover these cars:​
      • Citroen GT Road Car - owned (though does this count... ah i'll include it anyway since I mentioned it earlier)​
      • Citroen GT Gr.4 - owned​
      • Citroen GT Gr.3 - owned​
  • Daihatsu COPEN RJ VGT - owned
  • Dodge SRT Tomahawk S VGT - owned
  • Dodge SRT Tomahawk GTS-R VGT - owned
  • Dodge SRT Tomahawk X VGT - owned
  • Dodge SRT Tomahawk Gr.1 VGT - owned
  • Honda Sports VGT - owned
  • Hyundai N2025 VGT - owned
  • Hyundai N2025 VGT Gr.1 - owned
  • Infiniti Concept VGT - owned
  • Ferrari VGT December 2022 update NEW VGT - reviewed
  • Genesis VGT - January 2024 update NEW VGT - reviewed
  • Genesis Gr.1 VGT - MIA
  • IsoRivolta Zagato VGT - owned
  • ItalDESIGN EXE-NEO VGT February 2023 update NEW VGT - owned
  • ItalDESIGN EXE-NEO VGT ff-road Mode February 2023 update NEW VGT - owned
  • Jaguar VGT - owned
  • Jaguar VGT SV - owned
  • Jaguar VGT Speedster - owned
  • Lamborghini V12 VGT - reviewed
  • Lexus LF-LC GT VGT - owned
  • Mazda LM55 VGT - owned
  • Mazda LM55 Gr.1 VGT - owned
  • McLaren Ultimate VGT - owned
  • McLaren Ultimate VGT Gr.1 - owned
  • Mitsubushi XR-PHEV EVOLUTION VGT - owned
  • Mini Clubman VGT - owned
  • Nissan 2020 VGT - owned
  • Peugeot VGT - owned
  • Peugeot VGT Gr.3 - owned
  • Peugeot L500 HYBrid VGT - owned
  • Peugeot L750 HYBrid VGT Gr.1 - owned
  • Porsche VGT coupé - owned
  • Porsche VGT spyder - September 2022 update NEW VGT - owned
    • Might cover these cars:
      • Red Bull X2014 Junior - owned
      • Red Bull X2014 Standard
      • Red Bull X2019 Competition - owned
  • Subaru VIZIV VGT - owned
  • Suzuki VGT - May 2022 Update NEW VGT - reviewed
  • Suzuki VGT Gr.3 - June 2022 Update NEW VGT - reviewed
  • Toyota FT-1 VGT - owned
  • Toyota FT-1 VGT Gr.3 - reviewed
  • Volkswagen Roadster VGT - owned
  • Volkswagen Supersport VGT - owned
  • Volkswagen VGT Gr.3 - owned
BONUS: Fittipaldi Motors EF7 VGT by pininfarina - only in GTsport

I will also try to cover GR.# versions of VGTs as well where applicible.

The first one i'll probably start with is a GT6 VGT.. which got worse as newer games arrived.. i'll let you work that one out.

EDIT
Due to my driving capacity being hampered by my mild stroke in late July/early August and my general disillusionment with the game as a whole, I have decided to open this thread up to allow for more people to put their thoughts and discussions on VGTs as a whole, and what they may think of them.
More details for this mentality change here in post 65 of this thread

Last edited:
well I was hoping to actually start off these reviews a bit more positively.. but I bought this car earlier today and...

The Aston Martin DP-100 VisionGT - The car that lost its luster and forgot to have fun over time.

Well this might be a controversial one to start with, and not any of the more recognisable VGTs.. which I promise to cover later. but for now, i'll show its best side first haha. with an incredibly sleek side-profile and 6 choices of colours with two tone options,

The DP-100 first impressions put on a brave face upon first sight, and so do its performance figures! - 799BHP, with the power peaking at 6,500 RPM, 1,375KG kerb weight for the vehicle, and a minimum top speed of 220 MPH down SSRX's straights - without slipstream and a fantastically strong turbo that is most powerful mid-way through the RPM range, it certainly puts forth a great showing for a car that sounds like it is a no brainer to buy for its performance capability that is reminiscent of a Veyron.. and its the VGT did indeed forge a vision for Future Aston Martins too!

with a front fascia reminiscent of today's Aston Martins recent Vantage from 2018 onwards, and the rear light array later seen on the Vulcan, it definitely shown Aston's current styling direction, even if the front overall doesnt really.. especially those NACA Duct front lights.. those to me feel like an after-thought.. and almost ruin the whole look of the car - hell there are better looking sketches of the DP-100 in its reveal video. its hard to ignore the fact the car is also MR which later exclusive Astons like the Valkyrie and Valhalla also pull from. so it has that link too (though obviously the Valkyrie looks a lot more extreme... and honestly the Pro version looks more like a VGT than the DP-100 in the best possible way. :lol:)

But... im afraid this is where the fact finding and positive thoughts kind of abruptly end... about as abruptly as the lack of grip in the rear tyres of everything in GT7 haha.

To me this car looks like a chisled bar of soap.. or a scarab beetle, Aston Martin can absolutely do better - and they did that a year before with their other centinery concept, the CC100 with its absolutely striking, 1950s esque exterior package and seating position, it makes the DP-100 look dull in comparison. and dont even think the DP-100 improves in the interior side of things... because it lacks one in-game since GT6... YET interior shots have being blurringly shown in the reveal video as mentioned earlier (and at the same timestamp, but a smidge earlier). and, well, the interior looks pretty decent, but this is all we have to go off of for that aspect of the car.

Anyways... I have been holding this off long enough by talking about the car visuals rather than its driving capabilities... but well.. here goes...

ITS AWFUL IN GT7's CURRENT PHYSICS ENGINE (as of v1.12).

All that glorious power.. and it feels like an MR car with all of its faults and none of the benefits... even with its stock Racing Hard tyres.. it will slip and slide like its a pengiun on ice, i mean it may as well be an igloo when painted white too. but it is EXTREMLY sensitive to incline changes since the suspension doesnt have much travel... suspension the player cannot adjust by the way. Its downforce levels are that of a Gr4 car as well, meaning it wont be able to hold grip well through the corners... and its 4WD drive system feels like a mere suggestion. the issues are more demonstratibly shown here in the clip below around the final corner of Deep Forest - its high speed left hander.

Oh and the car lost its party piece from GT6 to the PS4 era (not sure if it lost it since Sport as i never had this car in Sport but still) - You can no longer offroad the DP-100 like you could in GT6..the DP-100 in GT6 with offroad tyres,felt like a pre-cursor to the eventual GrB class in GTSport back then with that capability, and was immensly fun... but now in stock form in GT7, it is just a frustrating slippery mess..

SO yeah... after a really initial positive vibe... it gets ruined once the veil is rudely removed from one's front.. and why I gave this car the review title above.

HOWEVER.. (yes I know i've done this twice now) just like all cars, even this VGT has uses, no matter how niche. and all is not lost for it either! Here are two niche's i've been able to identify for this polarising car:

#1 - Deep Forest 620PP 1 Hour Endurance in The Human Comedy (and probably WTC 700 events too)
Slap on a power limiter and 150kg of ballast biased towards the front and drag it down to 620PP, and you got yourself a surprisingly lovely fake Gr4 to drive.. its actually much nicer to drive in this form and honestly, wouldnt look out of place as a Gr4 car next to the Veyron Gr4. when powered-down it absolutely has similar power and weight levels to said Veyron, while looking far better than it. it has good fuel efficency (you may need to fiddle with the mapping on occasion though) that you can do the race with a one stop, and be more than likely to come out on top by the end... sure it may not be a cost effective way to do the event, but at least it'll make the car USEFUL unlike what some people may think :lol:

Hell, slap on some sponsors and number decals (which I... lazily did here for this shot... but it gets the point across) and it genuinely wouldnt look out of place among the Gr4 cars of the game! though sadly you cant adjust suspension, aero or other areas aside from power/weight restrictors.

#2 - As a beginner drift car to teach drivers that too much power isnt always best
Before some drifters have a go at me for suggesting a 4WD car (im having a go at myself due to this dont worry haha) - This car isnt bad of a drifter when you slap on some comfort/sport hard tyres.. and give it something resembling fun that it oh so lacks compared to GT6 - but this car can be a good demonstration of how too much power isnt always the best idea when making a drift build.. this car demonstrates it well, even with its 4WD that merely feels like a suggestion.

OVERALL VERDICT
A sadly underwhelming VGT in GT7 that does not live up to what its stats and looks present at first glance, and a bloody handful to keep in control. and it lost its GT6 party piece in the process.

next time - a hopefully not so scathing review of a VGT I absolutely love and feel deserves better, and is also new to GT7!

Last edited:
Also for whoever did the tidyup of the thread earlier, thanks in some ways! though it came at me by surprise, as I thought the entire thread had been deleted :lol: Also I am totally fine with discussion about VGT cars here, I know not everyone is a fan of them and that is okay

Last edited:
Also for whoever did the tidyup of the thread earlier, thanks in some ways! though it came at me by surprise, as i thought the entire thread had been deleted :lol: Also i am totally fine with discussion about VGT cars here, i know not everyone is a fan of them and that is okay
A discussion about VGTs is fine. The way the "discussion" was made is not.

A discussion about VGTs is fine. The way the "discussion" was made is not.
yeah I agree, the way it was going felt a bit too hostile for my liking, from both sides. Hopefully things will be calmer from here on out 👍

Last edited:
This is a really helpful thread because these are not cheap by any means. Your research will help other users spend their money wisely. Definitely subscribed to this one. Nice job!
i'll do my best to be wise with these cars... because I certainly aint at times haha. but I love the VGT ideals/concept as a whole so i'd be happy to do this, and to give me something to do while we wait for more events in GT7 :) though dont expect a review every day, but whenever I am able to get them/feel like it, at least it'll be faster than reviewing all of GT7's carlist :lol:

I really enjoyed reading the review, good job!

About the Aston VGT, as far as I remember, I only bought it in GT6, and even then it was not so good to drive. It felt like the tuning was not done correctly, or it didn't had enough downforce. On paper it has great numbers but at track it's terrible to drive.

Waiting for the next review!

I really enjoyed reading the review, good job!

About the Aston VGT, as far as I remember, I only bought it in GT6, and even then it was not so good to drive. It felt like the tuning was not done correctly, or it didn't had enough downforce. On paper it has great numbers but at track it's terrible to drive.

Waiting for the next review!
it definitely still lacks downforce in GT7 as well, so that still remains a consistent issue with it, it has been a while since I last driven it in 6 though so yeah, apologies if at times it wasnt thorough enough due to lacking write ups of how it felt in the past games :lol:

Last edited:
its actually much nicer to drive in this form and honestly, wouldnt look out of place as a Gr4 car next to the Veyron Gr4. when powered-down it absolutely has similar power and weight levels to said Veyron, while looking far better than it. it has good fuel efficency (you may need to fiddle with the mapping on occasion though) that you can do the race with a one stop, and be more than likely to come out on top by the end...
When you get around to it, the BMW is fairly useful in this respect, I've used it for most of the WTC700 events.

When you get around to it, the BMW is fairly useful in this respect, I've used it for most of the WTC700 events.
im actually a bit worried about the BMW VGT.. as i didnt like it in either GT6 or Sport :lol: im hoping it fares better in this game but we will see. i will say it looks far better than the M4 Gr4 though! hell maybe BMW should've made their VGT a Gr3 option.

Last edited:
im actually a bit worried about the BMW VGT.. as i didnt like it in either GT6 or Sport :lol: im hoping it fares better in this game but we will see. i will say it looks far better than the M4 Gr4 though! hell maybe BMW should've made their VGT a Gr3 option.
At least the option to sell cars is on the horizon, so you can at least ditch the ones you don't like. FWIW, I felt it was a bit more numb and understeery, in GT Sport, than it was GT6, in GT7 it feels a little more alive again, but that could just be because of the new physics and the fact I'm using a different wheel now.

Last edited:
Looking forward to these! I got the McLaren VGT Gr1, but haven’t used it much because it’s nearly impossible to get to 800pp… have been looking into getting one of the Alpine’s for Le Mans/Sardegna, but not sure if that top end one would be too good.

Looking forward to these! I got the McLaren VGT Gr1, but haven’t used it much because it’s nearly impossible to get to 800pp… have been looking into getting one of the Alpine’s for Le Mans/Sardegna, but not sure if that top end one would be too good.
I am honestly tempted to do that Mclaren after my planned reviews.. because OH BOY do I have stuff to say about it (mostly good, especially with regards to how it drives in GT7 compared to Sport) and the Alpine 2017 Gr1 VGT can be squeezed into WTC700 events with some weight/power restriction fiddling 👍

Last edited:
If the Aston has no interior does that mean we’d see ‘nothing’ if we drove it in cockpit view? Or does interior mean seats and stuff but it has a dash and wheel? I had a few VGTs in Sport but I don’t remember any missing interiors - are there others like this? You’d think PD would just shove something generic in there (or refuse to include it in the game) if Aston couldn’t provide an interior...

I have now updated the first post with all the VGTs I intend to cover if it at all helps👍. Though it will of course be expanded if any more get announced :lol:

Last edited:
I am honestly tempted to do the Mclaren after my next review

having not played 6, and only playing online GTS, I wanted one of the spaceship cars and that’s the one I picked.

When it’s not restricted it’s really fun - i ran an open lobby race at Tsukuba once against different level cars and treating them like traffic cones.

Using this space as an excuse to post my Space Odyssey-esque race photo-

Attachments

• 3F32936E-1F11-4635-948F-FB2BD2F64CAE.png
    3F32936E-1F11-4635-948F-FB2BD2F64CAE.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 27
About half of them don't have a cockpit view. It's a wonder why PD insists on including them half finished.
Definitely not half, that was the case in GT6 but its now around a third or a quarter since Sport and 7, and as someone that doesnt use cockpit view it doesnt bother me. but i can absdolutely understand how it can bother others and it does bother me in other ways, as I feel the lack of cockpit view denies the spectacle of the vehicles from their interiors, such as the next VGT i'll review, which has an amazing interior :lol:

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the heads up. That’s one for me to avoid then as I only use cockpit view.

Are (m)any of the other VGTs like this?
Aston DP-100, BMW, Infiniti, Mitsubushi XR-PHEV, Subaru VIZIV, AMG Mercedes(?), Peugeot Gr3 (and its non Gr3 version), Mini Clubman VGTs. I think that is about it regarding missing interiors in VGT cars, someone please correct me if im wrong

Last edited:
Aston DP-100, BMW(I think?), Infiniti, Mitsubushi XR-PHEV, Subaru VIZIV, AMG Mercedes(?), Peugeot Gr3 (and its non Gr3 version), Mini Clubman VGTs. I think that is about it regarding missing interiors in VGT cars, someone please correct me if im wrong
Thank you. Surprised it’s so many. I wonder why? Surely they know loads of players use cockpit view. It’s a pity because I’m planning to get/try a few. I want to like the VGT stuff more than I do but I couldn’t really get into them in Sport, had only a few and never noticed missing interiors, am hoping 7 will give me reasons to use them, will deffo have to avoid the ones without cockpits though. Your thread is going to be useful.
Nos da.

I have never bought a VGT. I’m not a hater, just never seen the point. I enjoyed your review a lot though…. Maybe one of your reviews will tempt me. Looking forward to the BMW review!

it definitely still lacks downforce in GT7 as well, so that still remains a consistent issue with it, it has been a while since I last driven it in 6 though so yeah, apologies if at times it wasnt thorough enough due to lacking write ups of how it felt in the past games :lol:
Nah, it's okay! Being a GT7 focused review makes more sense, since it's the newer entry and all. I just brought that up because it was the only time I had the car.

I might have to fast track the BMW (now bought as of the 21st) since so many people are talking about it :lol: but i'm still gonna do the next two reviews on the ones I already planned, though the next review on a specific VGT that...okay i'll leave another clue: one that every GT7 player will at least see once in their playthrough.

Last edited:
You may also consider this review a call to action and a cry for help for this next car, either way the next review will contain

The LAMBORGHINI V12 VISION GRAN TURISMO and how it is an awesome car that has unfairly been robbed of utility.

As one of the entirely new breed of GT7 VGTs, this one has a lot to live up to, and its also a Lamborghini VisionGT, one many people were excited about since it was announced this marque was making a VGT in the first place back in GT6.. - SO did they deliver? well I personally feel they overdelivered, by providing quite frankly, a car deserving of being called "epic" - as I feel as a car in GT7 that is immensly fun to drive and definitely extremely photogenic, however it has one issue that isnt even the car's own fault, which i'll get to later.

Now to start with, in the Brand Central dealership, this comes with 6 colours, which isnt a bad selection at all, and the options are pretty varied with some interesting choices.. though be careful with which one you choose, as the brake calipers, engine block and the small line running around the car cannot be changed in colour once bought, so pick the colour you want that'll benefit any livery design you wish to apply/make in the future, however there is more good news, the Lambo VGT's colours are available as paint chips in GT Auto as well...and with a NA V12 screamer of an engine, the car has about 774bhp (not counting its hybrid solution) stock and has a kerb weight of 819kg (almost half the weight of a Lamborghini Sián!) and 73.5 kg/fm of Torque, its stats impress at first sight as well.

Surely everyone has seen this combo before, with it being a car that shows up during GT7's Scapes tutorial at the Iwate Museum of Art, it immediately comes into the forefront for many players of the game, whether they like what is shown to them or not, that does not matter, the car is immediately imprinted in one's mind when they see it, it is a striking car visually, I remember being floored by its design as far back as when it was revealed at the 2019 GT World Finals for GTSport in Monaco and how it was presented live with the dramatic music blaring as the covers were slowly pulled away from its aggressive design that was hidden away, but still had a distinctly Lamborghini silhouette even behind the covers. its visual design is full of drama, but doesnt forget the past either, despite looking VERY futuristic

Its central part of the design is reminiscent of the Bertone Stratos Zero concept as stated in GT7's collectors page decription, and the single seater canopy style of cockpit is very much like their prvious single seater, the Selfish Egoista, which sadly doesnt get into many games, but I feel the VGT is a proper evolution of that design in some ways. but this car also incorporates the hexagon styling of modern Lambo's as well as the 'Y' shape details of the cockpit sides, front and rear lights which are JUST as dramatic - and a precursor to what the Lamborghini Huracan Technica and Lamborghini Sián would later incorporate as this car predated both of them - this car also predates the Sian in another way, its drivetrain and engine.

This car is MR-4WD and has the same powertrain unit and supercapacitor system, just like the Sián, the engine is also the same as it is the Sián's L359 Naturally Aspirated V12 despite the ingame settings page saying it has a nondescript VGT engine, so this is the closest you'll get to driving a Sián in GT7 but with nearly half the weight. So this car actually has some real world pedigree unlike a few VGT concepts available in the game - even if the real world scale model doesnt have the same engine... cough like so many others cough .. ANYWAYS, this car feels like it would make a fantastic Gr1 contender now wouldnt it? but herein lies the unfortunate rub and part of the reason I even made this thread to begin with.

I personally feel this car should have a Gr1 variant to go alongside the other VGTs in Gr1, especially with how Gr1 is so decentralised now with so many eras of LMP1, may as well embrace that insanity no? I mean it certainly makes GT more unique in that regard in a good way I feel, but yes, as good as this car performs with phenomenal speed (227MPH With no slipstream on SSRX, and in 5th gear of its 7 speed gearbox) and decent cornering.. oh and incredible engine braking capabilities that put some Gr1's to shame, and is reminiscent of another Gr1 VGT i'll be talking about at some point that also has this quality.. but im getting ahead of myself. This game isnt quite tied to the FIA's regulations as before so why shouldnt this car have a Gr1 variant, I mean, put this thing and the McLaren VGT side by side, both are single-seater sports cars that have active aero in their non Gr1 versions for goodness sake!

This car is also... weirdly confused about itself - in that ingame, there are places (collector's book description) that call it a race car unashamedly.. but then the game gives it the tag "#Road Car" - wait what.. what does it want to be, and this is made all the more worse with the car having Gr3 tier brakes - which wouldnt be bad in most cars, far from it! but with a car that has Gr1 levels of power and weight... that will be a cause for concern.. OH and it comes with Sport Soft tyres stock :lol: so get ready for a hellraising ride until you slap on the Racing sets of rubber it so rightfully deserves more than the Aston VGT did prior.

and who doesnt like the idea of a Gr1 Lamborghini?!

And I should ALSO mention it has Gr3 levels of aero, even when its aero values are maxed out, which again wouldnt be so bad in most cars.. but here it can be disasterous..

But to generally end this part on a more positive note, this car's driving dynamics are honestly incredible, it is an immense amount of fun to drive with racing tyres on, I feel the sports tyres as stock were not a good fit however, but it is what it is, so your mileage may vary wildly with how you intend to use it, but there are absolutely niches it can do right now in the current version of GT7 as it stands today (As of 1.12).

#1 - Using it as a fake Gr1 vehicle for Custom Races
Should've seen this one coming as I desperately want this car to have a Gr1 variant.. why not pretend it IS a Gr1 car by slapping on some Racing Mediums and lowering its ECU Power Output to 74% and adding 54kg of Ballast to give it figures not too dissimilar to some other VGT Gr1s... while sure you may still struggle with the lack of downforce it has compared to the other Gr1 cars even when riased as far up as possible, but it still gets the point across.. this car would absolutely fit among the VGT Lineup prominently in Gr1... and quite frankly deserves to be there, hell I even made a fake Gr1 inspired livery (with fake position lights) as a proof of concept. Sadly you cannot adjust the car's gear ratios in its VGT-only form at the moment, only the Aero and Suspension can be tinkered with.

#2 - Detuning it enough to fit within WTC800 and WTC700 events
A more practical use for this car at the moment unless things change for the better is that this car is capable of running within the 700 and 800 PP regulation events quite handily, though you may need to buy the power and weight ballast add-ons in the Tuning Shop to allow it to get into these events a bit easier. oh and dont forget the racing tyres.. it definitely needs them but honestly, you'll probably be out accelerating everything in your path, hell it out-accelerates most Gr1 AI drivers without detuning.

OVERALL VERDICT
A must have for any VGT aficionado, and as one of the new GT7 exclusive VGTs, it'll probably be the best and most entertaining one of the three at the moment (that I have currently anyway), with spectacular prowess and form factor, it absolutely stands out in a good way.. all it needs now is a racing Gr1 version.

next time - A car that turned the perception of VGTs into that of wheeled spaceships - but does it really deserve the hate?

Last edited:
The Aston Martin DP-100 VisionGT - The car that lost its luster and forgot to have fun over time.
Try it for the Tokyo 600 race and the Le Mans 700 race, it's extremely quick for both of them due to reaching such high speeds on the straights, and I actually found it very enjoyable to drive when I got used to it. A bit slidey, but very easily controllable, and it also means it rotates nicely rather than understeering.

Latest Posts

Back