Snake's and Community Run VisionGT Review Thread - BVLGARI VGT reviewed!

Try it for the Tokyo 600 race and the Le Mans 700 race, it's extremely quick for both of them due to reaching such high speeds on the straights, and I actually found it very enjoyable to drive when I got used to it. A bit slidey, but very easily controllable, and it also means it rotates nicely rather than understeering.
I hadnt thought about using it for the Tokyo 600 race as i've been using the Tomahawk X for that haha.. good to know!

I have also changed the first post of this thread, namely the VGT List in that i'll be tagging which cars I currently own and have reviewed over the course of this side-project 😺

Citroen GT Road Car - owned (though does this count... ah i'll include it anyway since I mentioned it earlier)
I think it counts. When I did something similar to what you're doing with VGT's back in GT6, I included the Citroen - it might have come before the VGT program officially existed, and although it might not have had the same specific design brief, I think it very much fits the ethos and spirit of what PD wanted to do with VisionGT. I also decided I would include the RedBull X cars... but never got round to testing them.

I would recommend trying Porsche VGT. At least, it's on the title screen/cover page! And before I got Lambo V12 VGT I was using it on European Championship, WTC 700 and World GT Championship.

It's a pity that its battery barely holds for a lap over Sardegna, although it charges ridiculous fast in the pit.

I would recommend trying Porsche VGT. At least, it's on the title screen/cover page! And before I got Lambo V12 VGT I was using it on European Championship, WTC 700 and World GT Championship.

It's a pity that its battery barely holds for a lap over Sardegna, although it charges ridiculous fast in the pit.
i will probably try this one sooner rather than later as it is a cover car, so it would only make sense to test it sooner, even i hate the look of it :lol:

The LAMBORGHINI V12 VISION GRAN TURISMO and how it is an awesome car that has unfairly been robbed of utility.
This is one of the most unique and recognizable VGT cars available. If you see a photo of it without any description or logo, it would be easy to say it's a Lamborghini, they did a really great job!

One thing I particularly think it's too exaggerated about these concept cars is how the weight is so low. I know they are concept cars that are suposed to look into the future, where we have developed knowledge and resources to manipulate a great number of different composites, but it still a bit over the top. This Lambo for example, presumably have the same powertrain as a Sián, but half the weight. Looking at the size of the car it doesn't feel like that is achievable, perhaps being 400 kg lighter would be more reasonable.

This Lambo is a great car to drive, being able to see it's active aero working while racing is really cool!

This is one of the most unique and recognizable VGT cars available. If you see a photo of it without any description or logo, it would be easy to say it's a Lamborghini, they did a really great job!

One thing I particularly think it's too exaggerated about these concept cars is how the weight is so low. I know they are concept cars that are suposed to look into the future, where we have developed knowledge and resources to manipulate a great number of different composites, but it still a bit over the top. This Lambo for example, presumably have the same powertrain as a Sián, but half the weight. Looking at the size of the car it doesn't feel like that is achievable, perhaps being 400 kg lighter would be more reasonable.

This Lambo is a great car to drive, being able to see it's active aero working while racing is really cool!
That is a fair point, and especially with regards to some VGTs like the Peugeot being somehow 825kg? I forget exactly, but yeah I can see where you are coming from, though I do think it gets some ballast with BoP applied (though I might be wrong here) and i'd imagine the Lambo would get the same with a Gr1 variant... if only it had one :(

Last edited:
Great thread so far! Really enjoying these reviews of niche cars. Glad I don't have to was- I mean, spend my own money to find out how these cars drive.

How do you transform game footage into high quality gifs like that, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, do you take requests? I'm very curious about the VW Supersport VGT. It has PP very close to Gr.3 cars, but has AWD. I'm wondering if it drives well enough to compete with Gr.3 cars, because I hate the RWD physics of this game.

I can pay for your review... with a review I wrote for GTS for the Supersport ;)

Great thread so far! Really enjoying these reviews of niche cars. Glad I don't have to was- I mean, spend my own money to find out how these cars drive.

How do you transform game footage into high quality gifs like that, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, do you take requests? I'm very curious about the VW Supersport VGT. It has PP very close to Gr.3 cars, but has AWD. I'm wondering if it drives well enough to compete with Gr.3 cars, because I hate the RWD physics of this game.

I can pay for your review... with a review I wrote for GTS for the Supersport ;)

i'll probably go through requests once i've done the VGTs I currently own (which is about 17 of them as of tonight, 20 counting the Citroen's) so after I do those i'll go through the cars I dont own via requests (Thanks for the idea by the way!), makes it less stressful by preventing choice paralysis for myself, while also giving people what they wish to see reviewed next :)

As for the gifs/clips, well they are straight recordings from my PS5, trimmed down to the length I want for them. which I then put onto a USB Stick and upload to gfycat.com to display as clips for certain sections of the reviews, i'll probably try to keep it to one or two clips per review to prevent too much internet use, for myself and others. 👍

Also I have issues with RWD physics too for most of the non-race cars (and some race-cars), but I must say the VW VGT Gr3 isnt too bad from the brief time I spent with it, I may go more indepth with the Gr3 variant not long after the BMW VGT (which is after the next planned one). :P

Though I think after that one I might do the rest of the Gr3's then the full Gr1 line-up of VGTs as I do own all eight of them currently ingame (the Genesis Gr1 (im personally hoping for the Alpha variant) is still MIA however, 3 sketch "planned" concepts do exist, but that is about it right now)

This is my plan anyway, which may get adjusted here and there for any particular VGTs that people wish to see reviewed if they make a big enough talking out about it, out of sheer curiosity or to see if its worth buying :lol: (which i'll say now, one of the ones i've driven now... absolutely isnt worth a damn.. you'll know when the review comes.. but that'll be later on.. or I could do it earlier so people know not to spend on it now) or if a new VGT gets added into the game i.e the aformentioned Genesis Gr.1

Last edited:
I should hopefully have the next VGT review up sometime next week, apologies for the longer than usual gap inbetween reviews, its that i've been busy getting to grips with the specific car i'll be reviewing, as it handles unlike anything the game has ever has before or since... Also I may have got carried away and bought another VGT early haha.

Last edited:
As of today's update (1.13) I have the following to say about the existing VGTs

Aston Martin DP-100 VGT - Still bottoms out of Suspension travel on the final Deep Forest corner.. still spirals out of control there.

Lambo V12 VGT - Feels a tiny bit more stable with the default Sports Soft tyres now, but the tyres still dont feel "right" for the car to me, and no, no Gr1 version got added today :lol:

Upcoming VGT Review car - No real changes i've noticed, so this shouldnt be an issue.

Last edited:
I was very nervous heading into this review.. a bit scared I might not do it justice, but I wont know until I try.. speaking of, it is time to try...

The Chaparral 2X VGT - A real drivers' car that surprises you every time its driven, beneath its out of this world exterior!

*GTSport Photo - Winner of GTPlanet's GTSport Photomode Competition 15 - "Speed" (yes I know this isnt a GT7 photo but im too proud of this shot not to use it :lol:)

Well.. oh jeez where do I begin... the History of Jim Hall and Chaparral with their out of this world concepts like the 2J Race car that got banned in the 70's.. the outrageously out there idea of this VGT having LASER-PROPULSION.. full 4 wheel steering and requiring a bodysuit to operate.. The fact this car was at one point the fastest car in GT history theoretically if one was skilled enough (until SRT shown up) or how opponents of the VisionGT movement blame this car as the start of the 'ugh VGTs are full of spaceships blegh' (when really the real blame for this goes to SRT and the unreleased Betrone VGT Concept.. which I still wish the latter got into the game) OR I could go on about the looks of this car and how otherworldly it is in terms of design and unique-ness.. actually yeah I shall start with that one first.

*GTSport photo quickly made for this review, because there was no way I was going to buy TWO Chaparral 2X's in GT7 just to show the two colours.. as much as I'd like to. The photo is here to also show its full rear steering.

With only two colour choices, for such an otherworldly car its colour choices are refreshingly simple, Phantom Black or Ghost White, but both work resplendidly for the overall look of the car, the Ghost White completes the whole ghostly look - especially when the laser is blaring, but the Phantom Black.. oh baby, that one contrasts the laser perfectly when at high speed. its is almost like the two colours are angel/devil esque in theming.. which I feel is pretty fitting for how many swear by it or swear against the 2X's very existance, which in itself is extremely divisive.

As for the car's looks, I absolutely love the swooping, graceful curves and low down shape the design has helped create, it really does have that future tech vibe they were going for, yet it looks purposeful, not unlike Chaparral cars of the past, with all the aero flaps and G-restraints on its helmet-cockpit structure, its just to me - an incredibly pleasing car to look at in terms of design cohesiveness, and of course the laser thrust propulsion cone at the rear is.. I know i've used this word already in the previous review, but this time I gotta put emphasis - is very STRIKING from third person view and in replays, it immediately becomes the center of attention for the design of the car as a whole, the animation of said laser cone as you throttle it hard is also super satisfying to watch and experience.

But yes, as I have alluded to, this car was the one that really changed the perception of VGTs to some people here and in other places - to that of 'pointless spaceships' which couldnt be further from the truth in most cases. I feel the VGT program as a whole is a really great way to try out differing concept ideas of the potential future of the automobile, and having a game for them to be inside and driveable - no longer limited to special releases like GT-Concept for example (which is still the only way you'll be able to drive the quirky Toyota Pod). but it has really low downforce, comparable to that of Gr3s.. so i dont get how it can be spaceship in performance, while yes it can go to 249 MPH top speed on SSRX (no slipstream) but it can only get to 251 MPH on a downhill, so not much faster.. and you cant even adjust the gear ratio (yes not plural, it only has the one gear). So, unfortunately, this does mean this car has very few options for usage in the current roster of GT7 events.

Now I think the next thing I should cover is how the "car" DRIVES.. and hoo boy, I work out something new about it almost every time I give it a shot, and i love it. It is absolutely a car that ENCOURAGES you to learn its idiosyncrasies, try telling me of another car that can UNDERSTEER FROM THE REAR for goodness sake :scared: and yes.. that can happen thanks in part to its full 4 wheel steering, where it can steer just as much with its rear wheels as the fronts.. which means, actually driving it is unlike anything else in the game. it basically asks you to always keep the laser propulsion on to give power to the rear wheels to get the car to rotate, yet you still need to ease off of it to brake in time for corners.. but then you got to be careful how much power you put in otherwise it'll understeer from the fronts too. you really have to be gentle with the car, but understandably that can sometimes be tricky with its VERY capable speed, on high speed sections like in the clip above, this is mostly an issue that does fade away, but the understeer from both sides can happen in almost any slow or mid speed corner.. It is a very physical car.. which is rather apt considering how its cockpit is designed.....Oh and this thing just cant oversteer. at all, though this is helped by it having Racing Softs as stock.

Right, the insane cockpit.. yeah.. this is gonna get real interesting fast.. the first thing you will probably notice is the lack of steering wheel when you go into its cockpit view, that is because of the whole 'bodysuit' i had been alluding to prior in the review where the driver's hands are in the wheel pods, giving individual control to the wheels, sadly this car doesnt come with a unique control scheme that properly allows full individual control of the wheels, but making a new control scheme for 1 car would be weird now :lol:.
but yes, this is the reason it has no steering wheel, not out of laziness as some people will probably try to say. Also it has 3 rear view cameras just like the Lambo V12 VGT, but I feel here they are better placed here as they are easier to look down upon whenever you need it, perosnally anyway, both ways work fine for their intended purpose though.

As much as this car somewhat pays homage and respect to Jim Hall's legacy of innovative race-cars at Chaparral.. this car is technically a Chevrolet VGT, rather than a Chaparral VGT, as it seems from sources i've looked at/for that Jim was only there for input and was obviously the inspiration behind it too. So yeah, it might be a case of only parttial involvement compared to some other VGT projects? It is hard to find info here aside from the official press releases.

Also.. I hope it isnt just me.. but as much as I like the car, Ihope im not the only one that thought the reveal video of the pilot getting into the car was neddlessly attempting to be 'sexy' - im pretty sure that there isnt anything like that in the GT games and it felt out of place among the Vision GT reveal videos.. It is still a cool trailer once the gameplay and focus on the car becomes more prominent though! though that section i mention at least demonstrates well how the car is driven with no steering wheel at least, and shows the active aero package that the car sports and uses ingame (apart from I think the laser thrust vectoring? Anyways it would probably best to summarise my thoughts right about now :P

OVERALL VERDICT
A car worth at least trying out, if only to remove the 'oh its a friggin spaceship' mentality, or for REVELLING in fantastic photo/scapes shots, because MY GOODNESS I had more fun taking photos of the damn thing than I did driving it, even if driving it is honestly a lot of fun :D

I'll admit, I had a hard time summing this one up because to me, this is among my favourite Vision GTs for how daring it is in concept alone, making it a real standout among even the craziest VGTs, hell I feel its propulsion concept alone makes it more insane than the SRT Tomahawk which is an actual spaceship.. though I will not be calling that in its eventual review :P we need some more of this crazy conceptual ideas in more games in general, and GT was absolutely the least likely place I could've dreamt such a thing happening... yet here we are in all of its glory.

next time
a commonly requested car here in this very thread will finally have its time to shine.. has this weeks' update ruined it or not? find out soon!

Last edited:
The Chaparral 2X VGT - A real drivers' car that surprises you every time its driven, beneath its out of this world exterior!
I always admired how inovative Chaparral is (or was) when building racing cars, the 2J speaks for itself, a car that was banned from an almost rule free racing series. The 2X is no exception, what intrigues the most is how on earth a pulse laser motor would work. I drove this car in GT6, and it was indeed very unique. The weird handling is probably due to the power unit not being connected to the wheels, since the car is moved by the pulse laser thrust (?).

Great reviews! Keep going!

You may also consider this review a call to action and a cry for help for this next car, either way the next review will contain

The LAMBORGHINI V12 VISION GRAN TURISMO and how it is an awesome car that has unfairly been robbed of utility.

As one of the entirely new breed of GT7 VGTs, this one has a lot to live up to, and its also a Lamborghini VisionGT, one many people were excited about since it was announced this marque was making a VGT in the first place back in GT6.. - SO did they deliver? well I personally feel they overdelivered, by providing quite frankly, a car deserving of being called "epic" - as I feel as a car in GT7 that is immensly fun to drive and definitely extremely photogenic, however it has one issue that isnt even the car's own fault, which i'll get to later.

Now to start with, in the Brand Central dealership, this comes with 6 colours, which isnt a bad selection at all, and the options are pretty varied with some interesting choices.. though be careful with which one you choose, as the brake calipers, engine block and the small line running around the car cannot be changed in colour once bought, so pick the colour you want that'll benefit any livery design you wish to apply/make in the future, however there is more good news, the Lambo VGT's colours are available as paint chips in GT Auto as well...and with a NA V12 screamer of an engine, the car has about 774bhp (not counting its hybrid solution) stock and has a kerb weight of 819kg (almost half the weight of a Lamborghini Sián!) and 73.5 kg/fm of Torque, its stats impress at first sight as well.

Surely everyone has seen this combo before, with it being a car that shows up during GT7's Scapes tutorial at the Iwate Museum of Art, it immediately comes into the forefront for many players of the game, whether they like what is shown to them or not, that does not matter, the car is immediately imprinted in one's mind when they see it, it is a striking car visually, I remember being floored by its design as far back as when it was revealed at the 2019 GT World Finals for GTSport in Monaco and how it was presented live with the dramatic music blaring as the covers were slowly pulled away from its aggressive design that was hidden away, but still had a distinctly Lamborghini silhouette even behind the covers. its visual design is full of drama, but doesnt forget the past either, despite looking VERY futuristic

Its central part of the design is reminiscent of the Bertone Stratos Zero concept as stated in GT7's collectors page decription, and the single seater canopy style of cockpit is very much like their prvious single seater, the Selfish Egoista, which sadly doesnt get into many games, but I feel the VGT is a proper evolution of that design in some ways. but this car also incorporates the hexagon styling of modern Lambo's as well as the 'Y' shape details of the cockpit sides, front and rear lights which are JUST as dramatic - and a precursor to what the Lamborghini Huracan Technica and Lamborghini Sián would later incorporate as this car predated both of them - this car also predates the Sian in another way, its drivetrain and engine.

This car is MR-4WD and has the same powertrain unit and supercapacitor system, just like the Sián, the engine is also the same as it is the Sián's L359 Naturally Aspirated V12 despite the ingame settings page saying it has a nondescript VGT engine, so this is the closest you'll get to driving a Sián in GT7 but with nearly half the weight. So this car actually has some real world pedigree unlike a few VGT concepts available in the game - even if the real world scale model doesnt have the same engine... cough like so many others cough .. ANYWAYS, this car feels like it would make a fantastic Gr1 contender now wouldnt it? but herein lies the unfortunate rub and part of the reason I even made this thread to begin with.

I personally feel this car should have a Gr1 variant to go alongside the other VGTs in Gr1, especially with how Gr1 is so decentralised now with so many eras of LMP1, may as well embrace that insanity no? I mean it certainly makes GT more unique in that regard in a good way I feel, but yes, as good as this car performs with phenomenal speed (227MPH With no slipstream on SSRX, and in 5th gear of its 7 speed gearbox) and decent cornering.. oh and incredible engine braking capabilities that put some Gr1's to shame, and is reminiscent of another Gr1 VGT i'll be talking about at some point that also has this quality.. but im getting ahead of myself. This game isnt quite tied to the FIA's regulations as before so why shouldnt this car have a Gr1 variant, I mean, put this thing and the McLaren VGT side by side, both are single-seater sports cars that have active aero in their non Gr1 versions for goodness sake!

This car is also... weirdly confused about itself - in that ingame, there are places (collector's book description) that call it a race car unashamedly.. but then the game gives it the tag "#Road Car" - wait what.. what does it want to be, and this is made all the more worse with the car having Gr3 tier brakes - which wouldnt be bad in most cars, far from it! but with a car that has Gr1 levels of power and weight... that will be a cause for concern.. OH and it comes with Sport Soft tyres stock :lol: so get ready for a hellraising ride until you slap on the Racing sets of rubber it so rightfully deserves more than the Aston VGT did prior.

and who doesnt like the idea of a Gr1 Lamborghini?!

And I should ALSO mention it has Gr3 levels of aero, even when its aero values are maxed out, which again wouldnt be so bad in most cars.. but here it can be disasterous..

But to generally end this part on a more positive note, this car's driving dynamics are honestly incredible, it is an immense amount of fun to drive with racing tyres on, I feel the sports tyres as stock were not a good fit however, but it is what it is, so your mileage may vary wildly with how you intend to use it, but there are absolutely niches it can do right now in the current version of GT7 as it stands today (As of 1.12).

#1 - Using it as a fake Gr1 vehicle for Custom Races
Should've seen this one coming as I desperately want this car to have a Gr1 variant.. why not pretend it IS a Gr1 car by slapping on some Racing Mediums and lowering its ECU Power Output to 74% and adding 54kg of Ballast to give it figures not too dissimilar to some other VGT Gr1s... while sure you may still struggle with the lack of downforce it has compared to the other Gr1 cars even when riased as far up as possible, but it still gets the point across.. this car would absolutely fit among the VGT Lineup prominently in Gr1... and quite frankly deserves to be there, hell I even made a fake Gr1 inspired livery (with fake position lights) as a proof of concept. Sadly you cannot adjust the car's gear ratios in its VGT-only form at the moment, only the Aero and Suspension can be tinkered with.

#2 - Detuning it enough to fit within WTC800 and WTC700 events
A more practical use for this car at the moment unless things change for the better is that this car is capable of running within the 700 and 800 PP regulation events quite handily, though you may need to buy the power and weight ballast add-ons in the Tuning Shop to allow it to get into these events a bit easier. oh and dont forget the racing tyres.. it definitely needs them but honestly, you'll probably be out accelerating everything in your path, hell it out-accelerates most Gr1 AI drivers without detuning.

OVERALL VERDICT
A must have for any VGT aficionado, and as one of the new GT7 exclusive VGTs, it'll probably be the best and most entertaining one of the three at the moment (that I have currently anyway), with spectacular prowess and form factor, it absolutely stands out in a good way.. all it needs now is a racing Gr1 version.

next time - A car that turned the perception of VGTs into that of wheeled spaceships - but does it really deserve the hate?
Very thoughtful writing and review. Thank you!

I always admired how inovative Chaparral is (or was) when building racing cars, the 2J speaks for itself, a car that was banned from an almost rule free racing series. The 2X is no exception, what intrigues the most is how on earth a pulse laser motor would work. I drove this car in GT6, and it was indeed very unique. The weird handling is probably due to the power unit not being connected to the wheels, since the car is moved by the pulse laser thrust (?).

Great reviews! Keep going!
That is a good point, I forgot to mention that! but you are right, there are no traditional 'axles' holding the wheels because the car is essentially using your body as the axles in a weird sense, since the driving position makes the driver/pilot a part of it, further pushing that 'driver focused' aspect more than any other car i've driven which gives it that unique feeling :)
Very thoughtful writing and review. Thank you!
Thanks! glad you liked it, I was worried I would go overboard with the whole 'this thing needs to be a Gr1 car' thing with that one, though to be fair I still feel strongly about that :lol:

The thing with the 2X (a car I never mastered), is that it doesn't use traction for acceleration. It's thrust comes from the laser, so the 'grip circle' for the car can all go into cornering (and braking).

An interesting video on the technology of laser rockets...

That would explain its weird handling characteristics! That is genuinely incredible.

i shall get the next VGT review done within the next few days... but lets just say my opinions have shifted on it A LOT since GT6 and Sport, and im just completely indecisive on some aspects since the car itself feels so vanilla.

i shall get the next VGT review done within the next few days... but lets just say my opinions have shifted on it A LOT since GT6 and Sport, and im just completely indecisive on some aspects since the car itself feels so vanilla.
Patiently waiting over here trying not to be pushy lol

Well after a long break that has been made longer thanks to a game I was looking forward to being delayed (by three weeks), and the new GT7 update bringing forth a new VGT which I will likely review next, I felt like i've left this too dormant for long, so It was about time for me to get started with

The Review a few of you were waiting for, my thoughts on the BMW VGT and how I think this car has steadily improved game after game until its PERFECT version in the seventh entry where I feel it deserves to be a Gr3 car!

From a visual standpoint this car both impresses and disappoints.. in a weird contradictory sense - with styling cues inspired by some classic BMW race cars which im sure more BMW savvy people would actually know more than i do, but even I can notice the Group 5 inspirations with this car's bodykit... but then you realise the car IS basically a bodykitted BMW M2... so much so that tuning companies offer a BMW VGT looking kit for an actual 2 series (which i did not know about until y'all introduced me to it) - So in one end, it sits fairly low in favourite VGTs overall, but looks wise it looks great, though sadly it only gets 2 Colour options, the tried and true BMW Racing colours... and a faint blueish black.

18bc3c36ff40-screenshotUrl.png

and its GT6 Reveal trailer (both short and long ones) wasnt exactly as mindblowing as I feel it could've been personally, but they at least do explain it was designed as a race car first.

On the specifications side of things, it sits around the Gr3 PP range (717.43PP in this car's case), comes with a moderate horsepower count of 541bhp and fairly light weight of 1,180kg which honestly isnt a bad statistic spread, once again fairly close to in line with Gr3 cars... OH and it has got Racing Hards as stock, so you'd expect it to grip fairly well, so at least on that front it does seem serviceable..

HOWEVER, you know when I said "fairly low in my favourite VGTs"...? every game it has gotten better and better with every new physics model the car has been introduced to. because this car used to my LEAST FAVOURITE VGT in GT6 by a country mile. I absolutely abhorred how it drove in the PS3 game... and it didnt handle that much better in Sport either... so my hopes were already down on it in GT7...

And then I drove it, and I am left dumbfounded...

By how LOVELY it is to drive now! WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS A GR3 CAR?! WHAT THE FU--

This car really has some PUNCH this time around, with a mid-range turbo that really spools up and gives the good at mid-range RPMs, and actually has the stability to spare without making it horrifically understeery now, its incredibly planted even when slamming the throttle, its actually cant stress how much this car is better than it was in Sport and 6, where is was nigh on undrivable. I Apolgise for now having much more to say about the car because it would probably be me ranting for ages about the car's performance in Sport and 6, but here in 7.. i have NO such complaints... its easily one of the nicest BMWs to drive too. certainly less understeery than the Z4 GT3 and far nicer looking any BMW's modern output.. though that isnt exactly hard :P

Just be careful on more bumpier tracks like the Nurb... its a bit of a mess here and does still have a tendency to lose control if pushed too hard, try and keep the devs around the 4-5k range and your golden, for both stability and usage of the turbo, which really feels strong when you get it right.. 3rd/4th gear around Deep Forest's new hairpin gives you wicked acceleration on exit with this car.

Also... this car does not have a cockpit view, so driving this thing with interior is not an option im afraid... a setback for this car that didnt really need setbacks... but if you use other driving views this shouldnt be much of an issue... but still a little knock against it. but one that probably will not change my verdict.

OVERALL VERDICT
if this was GT6 or Sport... I would've said avoid without any debate, it truly was a rancid car to drive back in those games, unforgivably bad, but now in GT7... it is a delight, it has much nicer handling characteristics and it genuinely feels like a great contender for being also one of the more usable VGTs.. but that might be contested by the next car I review. I apologise for not having much more to say with this car as im struggling to articulate my words for how much nicer of a car this is to drive compared to how it was in previous game entries... im still completely shocked by it, I bought this thing expecting the worst even after you all suggested me to drive it... and here we are, with the complete OPPOSITE result I expected!

So yes, this car gets a "buy" rating from me now, even despite the lack of cockpit view :) (i use roof cam anyway)

And of course, my plans continue here to suggest a few use case scenarios for the various VGTs, and this car probably is the most relevant/useful one of the lot so far.

As a good choice for WTC800 Races for a Gr3 comparable vehicle.
This car reaches the general PP range for Gr3 cars comfortably, so knowing this, it already fits in lovely with other Gr3s and makes it a great candidate for WTC800 events, and it is a fun one to use too! just be weary of its fuel output, because if I remember correctly.. it wasnt good, so you may want to use a slightly leaner fuel mapping.

As a great vehicle for dominating WTC700 Races with some slight detuning.
Now this is where it really shines - its PP is low enough to reach 700 easily to completely destroy Gr4s with its turbo power, so it can be a good choice for the Sarthe moneygrind event! juuuust be careful with its fuel once again.. which seems to be a common issue I keep encountering with this car :lol:

next time...
im not going to beat around the bush for once, but lets just say you may have seen it somewhere in one of the gifs in this existing review, and because its also the newest VGT in the game! yes, that one.

(I also greatly apologise for how long this review took to come out, I promise the next one will take so long to come out!)

Last edited:
Had to update the BMW Review as I forgot to mention two key points:
  • Mention of its' VGT Trailers.
  • Mention of the car's lack of cockpit view.

Last edited:
The new VGT is solid! Although, you can't change ANYTHING on the tuning aside from ECU power, restrictor and ballast - No suspension (think only compression and expansion), no changing Diff, no aero changes, no racing gears (or manual gear box option for that matter), no performance upgrades and no NOS.

I thought it might be solid for the Tokyo 600pp $825k race, but since you have to use racing tires, you have to detune it/add ballast to get it below 600pp and while it might be possible with no penalties and making tires last until end with no pitting, fastest lap I got (only tried 1.5-times) was something like 2:22 and AI fastest was 2:11 or 2:12 - again might be possible due to not pitting, but would have to be a great driver. I think if we were able to change gears and lower top speed, thus improving acceleration and maximizing the reduced power along with the ability to use NOS to limit your time loss on the long straight, it would be a great car. It's handling is amazing, even on the wet track with RH's. You can really close the gap on the cars through the s-turns and middle portion of the lap, but its taken away on the straights, exponentially more so if you get a penalty lol.

I don't understand the choice to lock all the tuning options. Really hurts this car big time.

Last edited:
Well after a long break that has been made longer thanks to a game I was looking forward to being delayed (by three weeks), and the new GT7 update bringing forth a new VGT which I will likely review next, I felt like i've left this too dormant for long, so It was about time for me to get started with

The Review a few of you were waiting for, my thoughts on the BMW VGT and how I think this car has steadily improved game after game until its PERFECT version in the seventh entry where I feel it deserves to be a Gr3 car!

From a visual standpoint this car both impresses and disappoints.. in a weird contradictory sense - with styling cues inspired by some classic BMW race cars which im sure more BMW savvy people would actually know more than i do, but even I can notice the Group 5 inspirations with this car's bodykit... but then you realise the car IS basically a bodykitted BMW M2... so much so that tuning companies offer a BMW VGT looking kit for an actual 2 series (which i did not know about until y'all introduced me to it) - So in one end, it sits fairly low in favourite VGTs overall, but looks wise it looks great, though sadly it only gets 2 Colour options, the tried and true BMW Racing colours... and a faint blueish black.

and its GT6 Reveal trailer (both short and long ones) wasnt exactly as mindblowing as I feel it could've been personally, but they at least do explain it was designed as a race car first.

On the specifications side of things, it sits around the Gr3 PP range (717.43PP in this car's case), comes with a moderate horsepower count of 541bhp and fairly light weight of 1,180kg which honestly isnt a bad statistic spread, once again fairly close to in line with Gr3 cars... OH and it has got Racing Hards as stock, so you'd expect it to grip fairly well, so at least on that front it does seem serviceable..

HOWEVER, you know when I said "fairly low in my favourite VGTs"...? every game it has gotten better and better with every new physics model the car has been introduced to. because this car used to my LEAST FAVOURITE VGT in GT6 by a country mile. I absolutely abhorred how it drove in the PS3 game... and it didnt handle that much better in Sport either... so my hopes were already down on it in GT7...

And then I drove it, and I am left dumbfounded...

By how LOVELY it is to drive now! WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS A GR3 CAR?! WHAT THE FU--

This car really has some PUNCH this time around, with a mid-range turbo that really spools up and gives the good at mid-range RPMs, and actually has the stability to spare without making it horrifically understeery now, its incredibly planted even when slamming the throttle, its actually cant stress how much this car is better than it was in Sport and 6, where is was nigh on undrivable. I Apolgise for now having much more to say about the car because it would probably be me ranting for ages about the car's performance in Sport and 6, but here in 7.. i have NO such complaints... its easily one of the nicest BMWs to drive too. certainly less understeery than the Z4 GT3 and far nicer looking any BMW's modern output.. though that isnt exactly hard :P

Just be careful on more bumpier tracks like the Nurb... its a bit of a mess here and does still have a tendency to lose control if pushed too hard, try and keep the devs around the 4-5k range and your golden, for both stability and usage of the turbo, which really feels strong when you get it right.. 3rd/4th gear around Deep Forest's new hairpin gives you wicked acceleration on exit with this car.

Also... this car does not have a cockpit view, so driving this thing with interior is not an option im afraid... a setback for this car that didnt really need setbacks... but if you use other driving views this shouldnt be much of an issue... but still a little knock against it. but one that probably will not change my verdict.

OVERALL VERDICT
if this was GT6 or Sport... I would've said avoid without any debate, it truly was a rancid car to drive back in those games, unforgivably bad, but now in GT7... it is a delight, it has much nicer handling characteristics and it genuinely feels like a great contender for being also one of the more usable VGTs.. but that might be contested by the next car I review. I apologise for not having much more to say with this car as im struggling to articulate my words for how much nicer of a car this is to drive compared to how it was in previous game entries... im still completely shocked by it, I bought this thing expecting the worst even after you all suggested me to drive it... and here we are, with the complete OPPOSITE result I expected!

So yes, this car gets a "buy" rating from me now, even despite the lack of cockpit view :) (i use roof cam anyway)

And of course, my plans continue here to suggest a few use case scenarios for the various VGTs, and this car probably is the most relevant/useful one of the lot so far.

As a good choice for WTC800 Races for a Gr3 comparable vehicle.
This car reaches the general PP range for Gr3 cars comfortably, so knowing this, it already fits in lovely with other Gr3s and makes it a great candidate for WTC800 events, and it is a fun one to use too! just be weary of its fuel output, because if I remember correctly.. it wasnt good, so you may want to use a slightly leaner fuel mapping.

As a great vehicle for dominating WTC700 Races with some slight detuning.
Now this is where it really shines - its PP is low enough to reach 700 easily to completely destroy Gr4s with its turbo power, so it can be a good choice for the Sarthe moneygrind event! juuuust be careful with its fuel once again.. which seems to be a common issue I keep encountering with this car :lol:

next time...
im not going to beat around the bush for once, but lets just say you may have seen it somewhere in one of the gifs in this existing review, and because its also the newest VGT in the game! yes, that one.

(I also greatly apologise for how long this review took to come out, I promise the next one will take so long to come out!)
I don't know why, but I don't really like BMW's cars. Of course they built great cars, the company have a long racing pedigree, and is one of the most technologically advanced car makers these days, but something just doesn't get me into the brand. However this car... it's amazing. To me it's one of the most beautiful and clean sports car ever created, I only drove it in GT Sport and it was challlenging, in a fun way, it sounds great and the downshifts are insane. Too bad it doesn't come with a cockpit view, it would be great to see what BMW would envision for it's interior. This is definitely one of my favorites VGT cars.

The new VGT is solid! Although, you can't change ANYTHING on the tuning aside from ECU power, restrictor and ballast - No suspension (think only compression and expansion), no changing Diff, no aero changes, no racing gears (or manual gear box option for that matter), no performance upgrades and no NOS.

I thought it might be solid for the Tokyo 600pp $825k race, but since you have to use racing tires, you have to detune it/add ballast to get it below 600pp and while it might be possible with no penalties and making tires last until end with no pitting, fastest lap I got (only tried 1.5-times) was something like 2:22 and AI fastest was 2:11 or 2:12 - again might be possible due to not pitting, but would have to be a great driver. I think if we were able to change gears and lower top speed, thus improving acceleration and maximizing the reduced power along with the ability to use NOS to limit your time loss on the long straight, it would be a great car. It's handling is amazing, even on the wet track with RH's. You can really close the gap on the cars through the s-turns and middle portion of the lap, but its taken away on the straights, exponentially more so if you get a penalty lol.

I don't understand the choice to lock all the tuning options. Really hurts this car big time.
no review spoilers for said car here from me, but i must agree it is very versatile despite its lack of tuning options! i'll explain how so when i get the review done soon 👍
I don't know why, but I don't really like BMW's cars. Of course they built great cars, the company have a long racing pedigree, and is one of the most technologically advanced car makers these days, but something just doesn't get me into the brand. However this car... it's amazing. To me it's one of the most beautiful and clean sports car ever created, I only drove it in GT Sport and it was challlenging, in a fun way, it sounds great and the downshifts are insane. Too bad it doesn't come with a cockpit view, it would be great to see what BMW would envision for it's interior. This is definitely one of my favorites VGT cars.
same, the only BMW I actually like thats in GT7 right now is the VGT and the Z8... and maaybe the Z4 GT3 if it wasnt so ass to drive... no other Z cars are in the game at the moment so there arent many BMWs I like due to that :P
Well, I guess I just discovered my new GT7 goal lol. Amassing a collection of VGT cars. I collect Hot Wheels and these remind me of the futuristic ones.
Its an expensive endeavour... but one im also planning to do to give people these reviews and my thoughts on them, of which I should be able to have the next one up soon! (and I mean soon for once :lol:)

Last edited:
The Aston Martin DP-100 VisionGT - The car that lost its luster and forgot to have fun over time.

Just thought of it ... did you manual shift at 6500 RPM? Because now this car is overpowered when detuned to 600 PP on Tokyo Expressway WTC 600.

The engine sound is too quiet in cockpit to the point I think it's bugged though, it sounded really nice on the outside ...

Well I better strike while the proverbial iron is hot mildly warm... though sorry if this still feels late, i'd been heavily distracted again!

My next review will be of the unexpected arrival to the same from the 2022 May Update!

Its time to go wild with the SUZUKI VGT and why this car might be the most usable VGT introduced in ages.

oooh boy, does this review start wild, from a silhouette teased before the May update where NOBODY KNEW what the car at the bottom left was, were we in for a lovely surprise when the car eventually got revealed! What a great way to reveal a new VGT as there had not been a new VGT reveal since the Porsche VGT back last year (im dreading this car's eventual review...) the Suzuki was a lovely surprise for VGT aficianados like me, I was very happy to see that they werent stopping with new VGTs and this car was proof of that, but this one takes a different approach than most, being a more road-focused car, and less of a racer, but still with some of that motorsport DNA imbued in the car through a very different approach - and especially at the car's heart.

This car sports 426bhp and 970kg which already is a set of super impressive statistics, but then you realise this thing has a rev limit upwards of over 10k revs (up to 10,500RPM) and then you got to question what an earth is this thing powered by... Thankfully the game tells you what its powered by - and by none other than the Suzuki Hayabusa engine! which has been modified for this car and supplemented with 3 electric motors giving it psuedo-4WD like the modern Honda/Acura NSX and the engine itself, situated in a Mid-FR position, so it sits just infront of the cockpit, which is also far back, giving the car a lovely low slung appearance, speaking of appearances, lets go over that now!

But before I do, I must mention the reveal trailer, for as nice and consice it is, would not give you too good of an indication of the car's performance at all, as the trailer is mainly showing the car in style shots and ambigous angles often focusing on certain aspects of the design, i like the trailer for the most part.. but the music is needlessly dramatic :lol: anyways, back to the visuals and likely design inspirations

with 7 colours (4 of which are new paint chips you can apply to any car including a zesty new orange) this car has good colour variety out of the box, and styling cues inspored by with the Suzuki Swift Sport (with the front fascia and rear window pillar raised 'notch' - and long bonnet of the comparatively small Suzuki Cappuccino, this car has some lovely style and a very strong identity and those rims especially look SPECTACULAR sut suit the car really well! with its speedster underpinnings its looks make it look faster than it actually ends up being, and with some very impressive styling cues - those rear lights are especially striking - gives the car a very unique look, almost like a modern Caterham, it really has that track-day toy meets comfortable road car look, but its even more capable than that too👀.

Yes I did paint the Swift the same colour as the new VGT's orange, I think the colour looks great!

Now here's the fun part, the way it drives ❤️

With a top speed of 169mph/270kmh down the bridge hill and 162mph/262kmh on the flat roads of SSRX, it may seem slow especially among other VGTs, but it has good acceleration thanks to a responsive 7 speed gearbox, and has some delightfully chuckable yet darty handling characteristics and great brakes too, this car feels especially fun to mess about with, and even in this form, it can compete with in some Gr4 events like WTC700 Sarthe fairly confidently, just watch out for its lower downforce and darty front which allows the rears to brake traction under its default Sports Soft tyres, so the make the most of this car is to be deft with your cornering as much as you can and take very optimized lines, and REV THE HELL OUT OF IT, with its peak power at 10.2k RPM in its 10.5K RPM Range, you have plenty of grunt in the top end, despite the lack of torque, but this car loves more windy challenging circuits.

But this car much prefers the twisty stuff, so taking it around the nurburgring is an absolute must, it loves darting through corners with just the slightest of slides thanks to it not being a true 4WD car, again like the modern NSX which makes it a more more fun vehicle to drive, and just immense fun trying to kep the vehicle pointed in a straight line, Its hybrid system can last a good while too, near 2 laps of the Nurb, where the hybrid system seems to purely focus on giving the 4WD system to the car while providing a little acceleration boost between 0-120mph or so, with recharging happening between 0-75% throttle strength, though it can take a while to recharge its hybrid system - thankfully the position of the engine is front-mid, so it has very poised most of the time with w weight balance of 50:50 too, it is perfectly balanced, so it makes it incredibly nimble and rotates on a dime.

Which makes me all the more excited for the Gr3 version to come later this year, finally an NA 10k RPM+ VGT Gr3 (every prior VGT in Gr3 is a Turbo aspirated engine, due to their base car also being turbo-ed, and only one of them revs really high - i will review all the Gr3 VGTs together at a later date, when the Suzuki gets added most likely). but until then this road going VGT is really fun to use against Gr4 cars and similar PP vehicles, just be wary of its lack of strong downforce.

Also... this car has a party piece - it can go offroad baby! its not quite escudo levels of power, but lets be hoenst, VERY LITTLE is in this game is, but still.. having an offroading roadster is just immense amounts of fun, even if the drawback the only thing you can adjust with the car is compression/extension levels of the Suspension, the rest of the car is fixed to those levels (except weight and power obviously)

OVERALL VERDICT
Now, this would be an absolute MUST BUY, but with the Gr3 version coming in the future this year - it might be hard to decide on that, but if you want a fun as hell road car that is incredibly chuckable, darty and just plain FUN at any skill level, this is one of the easiest purchases i've made in my life, and im not just saying this as a VGT lover, this car is immense fun, its a delicately balanced car that is incredibly fun at all skill levels!

Now as always I must wrap up this review with a few use cases and places it can be utilised at - which is the entire point i made this review series to begin with, to give use cases for as many VGTs as possible!

As a competant WTC700 Sarthe contender
This car is more than capable of participating against the Gr4 cars of this event, though it may struggle in the straight line to to its lesser downforce and top-end speed, so do be mindful of that when it comes to the backstraights and going fast around corners, but the race should be fairly easy all things considered, which makes it an excellent car to grind with too, especially when the AI are set to Easy :P

As a car of choice for The Human Comedy - Kyoto 1 Hour Event
with some careful detuning of power/weight or a combination of both, this car is a more than capable vehicle for this endurance, you can do this event fairly easily with the Sport Mediums and only have to pit once if you put it on a leaner fuel map early on! This car will lose to the straights against the leading 8C so try to get ahead of them as early as possible through the corners! (its a surprisingly decent tyre/fuel management car and this leads me to hope it'll be good at that with its Gr3 version in the future)

next time - the Gr.3 quartet (update as of 22nd of June)

Last edited:
Back