So after all these hours playing, what's your fave handling car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 92 comments
  • 6,354 views
Someone mentioned about M5's being a bit "too good", and PD having a soft spot for BMW's.

M5's are every bit as awesome as they feel, and can't be compared to many other "road" cars at all. The power is immense, and handling matches it. As a comparison, expect an M5 to be quicker everywhere than a mild to mid tune Imprezza STi. This is a direct comparison on real roads in the real world, and STi's aren't slow or bad handling.

Think of it as a 911 that can carry 4 people & their luggage & still easily beat nearly all other quick road cars.

PD are probably about right :-)
 
I personally haven't tried the M5 yet, but tonight I'll give it a try. I've been busy tuning the Vipers to get the suspension balanaced. PD set them up to be SOOOO tail happy. But a fully tuned,all parts,high horsepower GTS? PD didn't disappoint!!
ALL VIPER FANS HAVE A LOT TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!
 
-=JK=-
Someone mentioned about M5's being a bit "too good", and PD having a soft spot for BMW's.

M5's are every bit as awesome as they feel, and can't be compared to many other "road" cars at all. The power is immense, and handling matches it. As a comparison, expect an M5 to be quicker everywhere than a mild to mid tune Imprezza STi. This is a direct comparison on real roads in the real world, and STi's aren't slow or bad handling.

Think of it as a 911 that can carry 4 people & their luggage & still easily beat nearly all other quick road cars.

PD are probably about right :-)

Damn right, especially the new 500 BHP V10 :drool:

I wonder if Sabine Schmitz will be upgrading her M5 Taxi to one of the new one's? cos I'd love to see some footage of punters throwing up in one after a hotlap :lol:
 
Gilly
Damn right, especially the new 500 BHP V10 :drool:

I wonder if Sabine Schmitz will be upgrading her M5 Taxi to one of the new one's? cos I'd love to see some footage of punters throwing up in one after a hotlap :lol:

She already has afaik :)
 
I enjoy the handling of my Fully Tuned Evo 8 GSR and my Fully Tuned R34 GTR VPSEC N1. I also just bought myself the Amuse Carbon R and that car is a beast.

But for just driving fun, the Shigeno Trueno I picked up used with S2 tires and the traction control off is a blast on the Driving Park courses, especially the gymkhana course :)
 
DeltaS4
What about Lancia Delta S4? No-one?
Henri Toivonen
On dry tarmac the car goes wherever it wants.
Perhaps there's your reason? This thread did ask for the 'favorite handling' car. I wouldn't call that a stellar recommendation of the Delta's handling.
 
Newly discovered today (well I knew it was there, just never bought one). I had one pass me today at a stoplight so when I got home I bought one.

Triumph Spitfire 1500cc - British racing green of course.

Amazing fun! The car spends more time going sideways than forward. It may be hands down the best drift car ever! :)
 
Anyone driven the Toyota 7 Can Am car? Is it sideways city?

What other racing cars are driven sideways (due to the power(?
 
I'm really looking forward to driving stock cars this time around, like was mentioned earlier. With past games, it seemed the srocks are so slow, lazy, and this coupled with the sucky graphics (I'm talking GT2 here) made driving slow cars hard to stomach.
Sorry this is off topic, but has anyone seen the Passat W8 or V6 4Motion? They were on preliminary car lists but I have yet to see a screenshot of one in the car lists or the prize car lists! Help! ;)
 
My favorite handling car would definately be my Polyphony Formula Gran Turismo :)
 
That was a gimme. :dopey: Seriously the Viper is more wicked than bad handling it still holds the record for best brake distance for 60mph 98 feet!
 
My favorite cars right now are..

- Rx8 LM version... 800+hp
- Gran Turismo F1 car... 900+hp
- any group C cars...
 
beijingracer
bad handling: dodge (viper)
gtaddict
Like all American cars then? :crazy:
Oh, give me a freaking break. I'm so tired of the same ignorant attitude repeated ad nauseum. You would really be better off if you learned what you're talking about before you spout back what you see on those fanboy websites.
 
right on duke. 👍
 
neon_duke
Oh, give me a freaking break. I'm so tired of the same ignorant attitude repeated ad nauseum. You would really be better off if you learned what you're talking about before you spout back what you see on those fanboy websites.


Yeah - I am with you here. I am a fan of Porsche before all, Honda (esp. S2000), and BMW, and mostly for reasons of stellar handling mixed with just the right amount of power and fun factor, but anyone who makes a blanket statement that American cars handle badly has got to catch up on their Autoweek reading. It's in league with saying that all British cars are crap, Japanese cars are rice burners, and all French cars are... well, I won't go there. :)

The new C6s - in particular the Z06 should offer an incredible combination of brutal power, stunning if demanding handling, and excellent value. (This is coming from someone that has turned his nose up at Corvettes for my entire car buying life.) Same for Vipers - with the SRT10 coupe a standout in particular. The Ford GT is obviously a pretty amazing car, putting down performance figures that must make any Ferrari or other exotic owner take notice of a lowly Ford - especially as it smacks the smug grin off their face at the track. And - the trend seems to be going in the right way from the perpective of the sports car enthusiast.

Now what I do completely agree with is that American car manufacturers fall flat when it comes to lower powered and lower priced options (where the Japanese excel), and mid range daily driver fare that Germany in particular masters with such perfect attention to detail and masterful engineering. Most people can't afford or justify a 100mm front spoiler and 500 ft/lbs as a part of normal life. Am I missing something here?

If global warming wasn't such a problem and/or I didn't have a conscience, AND my funds were unlimited, my dream garage includes a 997 S, GT3 or Turbo (witholding judgement) for the weekend, an M5, E55, CLS or a Range Rover for commuting and trips to the grocery store, and an S2000 for track days (because I cannot imagine regularly thrashing German iron at the track) - so I can't be too hypocritical. But I have started to take notice of some recent American offerings and will no doubt continue to do so in the future.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic - but it is about cars and handling, and that's the reason we're all here after all.

pmeegan
 
gtaddict
Like all American cars then?

Uh, exuse me? I don't understand your basing your information from the 1960's were it was all "strait line" performance. Nowadays "American" cars CAN handle, i.e the new C6 with a Z51 option, that option is just about suspension upgrades NOT power.
Cadillac CTS-V
Camaro(discontined 2002) :grumpy:
05 Mustang
Corvette 👍
These cars handle great and have POWER to back them up if you want to do "strait line" racing.

C6 Z06 500hp 427c.i. GIMME! 👍 :scared: :scared:
 
pmeegan
The Ford GT is obviously a pretty amazing car, putting down performance figures that must make any Ferrari or other exotic owner take notice of a lowly Ford - especially as it smacks the smug grin off their face at the track.

pmeegan


to compare some of the ferraries with the ford GT40 would be nonsence, especially cars like 360, 355, 550 and so on. the only cars you could compare the GT40 to is the F50(nothing beats that car on the track even today), maybe the enzo, maybe the F40 and so on. the rest of the ferraries are cruisers ;)

but yes, it is an AWESOME car :)


and about the BMW CSL handling too good: i`ll let you know how much the brakes on that car costs: 31.000 american dollars. that car is ALL about handling.

i have a magazine in my hands where they tested it against the 911 GT3 RS on the Nürnburgring and it beat the porsche :scared:

could post the stas here(braking with hot and cold brakes, and laptimes) but i`ll do that in another thread if anyone is interested ;)




anyways, keep up with the good posting guys 👍 looking forward to us poor europeans get the game aswell :(
 
190E 2.5 !!!


IMG0012.sized.jpg
 
At this point, just about any new car I'm driving is fun. Since I've only been able to eke out 10-15 minutes a day at most since I got the game, last night was probably the first time I've really sat down and run a multitude of races in a single session with the same car.

Now that I've had time to play, I'm really starting to appreciate the changes PD has made to the way any car reacts to not being on/off-throttle and not braking through corners; no longer do the revs drop instantly like they did in GT3 which means you can sensibly get around corners without braking and losing speed/revs.

Can't wait until I get a chance to set up my wheel/pedals...
 
I'm finally getting a handle on the RUF CTR around the Nordscleife. I'm produce clean laps that are fast, with lots of room for improvement...but the laps are clean and I'm letting the car hang out there like Stefan Roser, though I have alot more laps to do before I get near his level.
 
Call me crazy, but I LOVE the little 1974 Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car. It's only got 160hp, but its very lightweight, is rwd, has awesome brakes, and comes with all of the tunable goodies. It's a real go cart, both on and off road.

It's especially great for winning A-Spec points because the game seems to always underestimate it VS your competition. I don't think I've ever gotten LESS than 63 A-Spec points in any race with it.

Its quirky appeal can not be underestimated either. :)
 
I adore the handling of the Golf GTI MK V with stage 1 turbo & racing tyres, a real smooth guilty pleasure :) As for FR's, atm i have a Penchant for the '90 ZR-1 Corvette, fast, agile, and you can throw it round corners! :) no steering on that! just THROW it round! lol
 
I found the worst handling car yet!!!! It's the RUF CTR2!!!... I was really surprised at how bad this car handles!!!! The was great in GT3... but for some reason... this car handles extremely poorly...

When I first bought the car I test drive it... and it's can't break for ****... so then I upgraded the brakes and lighted the car and stage 4 turbo!!! yet it still brakes poorly and slow on accel...... :crazy:
 
Balance is everything with the CTR try tweaking with weight balast. It may help a little or a lot with handling and braking. 💡
 
cjrciadt
Balance is everything with the CTR try tweaking with weight balast. It may help a little or a lot with handling and braking. 💡

I haven tweak any of the setting yet... but even with racing tires... it just can't seem to get any traction...
 
KSpeed
I found the worst handling car yet!!!! It's the RUF CTR2!!!... I was really surprised at how bad this car handles!!!! The was great in GT3... but for some reason... this car handles extremely poorly...

When I first bought the car I test drive it... and it's can't break for ****... so then I upgraded the brakes and lighted the car and stage 4 turbo!!! yet it still brakes poorly and slow on accel...... :crazy:

The CTR2 handles FAR better in GT4 than it did in GT3. The brakes are one of the best part of the car. Not to mention the added boost out of corners due to the AWD, though you have to compensate for the understeer a bit.

Try driving it stock first before you put all sorts of stupid HP into it and call it crap. The CTR2 with a stage 4 turbo is what 1000ps'ish at around 900kg'ish? What do you expect to happen on a car with little downforce (compared to say a race car)? I hate to say it but the car did the exact same thing in GT3 with that sorta HP.

The RUFs are perfect in game stock, at best all they need is suspension and brake upgrades, and even then the need is limited.

cjrciadt
Balance is everything with the CTR try tweaking with weight balast. It may help a little or a lot with handling and braking. 💡

Wrong car...but I agree. Weight balance and more importantly transfer into corners is key to driving this car stable.
 
Back