So backfires?

• Thread starter MattZR1
  • 50 comments
Hey guys, it's been a while since this thread was started but I just wanted to confirm something. To get backfires I would need to:

1. Switch from 4K to 1080p in PS4 settings.
2. Put game in fps mode.
3. Turn off supersampling.

I just picked up a 4k tv today and I want to test this out. Thanks in advance.

Just tried that and it works like that but I prefer quality mode :(

...backfire work just fine on PS4, what is all the fuss about PS4 Pro... why were those disabled there?

I’m starting to wonder why people are so obsessed with backfires anyway... sure I like them too, but in GTsport you can’t see them if you pause a replay at the exact moment it takes place, so you can’t take pictures of it... and it only lasts for a fraction of a second anyway when watching a replay or during normal gameplay.

I realize the tiny details can really add to the realism of it all, but it seems a bit over the top to be so obsessed with it to a point some are even getting mad it seems after every update when they find it’s not fixed...

I’m starting to wonder why people are so obsessed with backfires anyway... sure I like them too, but in GTsport you can’t see them if you pause a replay at the exact moment it takes place, so you can’t take pictures of it... and it only lasts for a fraction of a second anyway when watching a replay or during normal gameplay.

I realize the tiny details can really add to the realism of it all, but it seems a bit over the top to be so obsessed with it to a point some are even getting mad it seems after every update when they find it’s not fixed...
I agree. Most people don't even have a PS4 pro anyways.

Because we're playing chase cam and we keep hearing backfires popping out but no visual effects it's really annoying...it's a really big deal for me so of course I'm mad when I found out that's not been fixed update after update ...
I really don't understand are PD guys blind or something?
For example asetto corsa when it launched on ps4 added backfires in day one patch then further down the road they even improved them!
It really does mean a lot for chase cam users!

I've gotten a picture of a backfire from a replay in the ps pro...

...backfire work just fine on PS4, what is all the fuss about PS4 Pro... why were those disabled there?
I agree. Most people don't even have a PS4 pro anyways.
I've gotten a picture of a backfire from a replay in the ps pro...
Your PS4 doesn't matter.

What's matter is that the backfire will not or barely appear and heard on the 4K and 1080p quality mode.

FYI the backfire on GTSport when appears is pretty brutal. Not only you can see one when downshift but if the upshift has a delay like in the old cars, then it will backfire.

Your PS4 doesn't matter.

What's matter is that the backfire will not or barely appear and heard on the 4K and 1080p quality mode.

FYI the backfire on GTSport when appears is pretty brutal. Not only you can see one when downshift but if the upshift has a delay like in the old cars, then it will backfire.
I really don't understand why they didn't fixed this already...the bug is present since February update for God's sake...

Your PS4 doesn't matter.

TBH with you, I am not sure what to think of your answer... And I really don't give a ... for quasy 4k or whatever it is called. 4k hype is what kills gaming, it is not time for that, and I doubt you can make any difference sitting 4m away from TV. It's a big rofl...

And luckly backfires work just fine and as @zlays says brutal for me and majority of people, you should probably change PS4 lol

TBH with you, I am not sure what to think of your answer... And I really don't give a ... for quasy 4k or whatever it is called. 4k hype is what kills gaming, it is not time for that, and I doubt you can make any difference sitting 4m away from TV. It's a big rofl...

And luckly backfires work just fine and as @zlays says brutal for me and majority of people, you should probably change PS4 lol
Didn't for me either. If it meant to trade off smoothness then I wont be going for higher resolution. As a result even if I do have a 4K TV, I still uses 1080p at frame rate mode because it is so much smoother and I dont mean in an incremental way, but actual observable thing especially on replays, pre-race menu, and scapes.

Not only that but you'll got a backfire as a bonus.

Didn't for me either. If it meant to trade off smoothness then I wont be going for higher resolution. As a result even if I do have a 4K TV, I still uses 1080p at frame rate mode because it is so much smoother and I dont mean in an incremental way, but actual observable thing especially on replays, pre-race menu, and scapes.

Not only that but you'll got a backfire as a bonus.

I tested this, pretty clear that the 4k version looks wayyy better then 1920x1080. I easy prefer it without that backfires if that's the only tradeoff.

I tested this, pretty clear that the 4k version looks wayyy better then 1920x1080. I easy prefer it without that backfires if that's the only tradeoff.
Yeah but we shouldn't be satisfied with that! People it was working fine until February update,it works as it should only on McLaren 650s GT3 so I find it ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet!

The backfires isn't the only tradeoffs if you read my previous post correctly.

It is strange that they appear on some cars like the mclaren gt3 and the mercedes f1, so it shouldn't be a performance issue but a bug in 4k/quality mode. It is really annoying when you are driving in chase cam and hear the sound but don't see the flames anymore.

Your PS4 doesn't matter.

I see them on mine and I play in 4k.

I took a picture of my Bugatti backfiring I could share if you really wanna call me a liar, lol.
so you have ps4 pro hooked to a 4k tv,you didn't limit your ps4 pro to 1080p and in gt settings you cant change anything by default...
can yo take 911 rsr or any other gr3 car or gr1 or old group c and see if they do backfires...maybe bugatti is just like mclaren 650s gt3 that works?

Back