So, did PD ever listened to us (the community)?

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 62 comments

Does PD listen to its community?

• Total voters
Of course I want them to listen, but the real problem is, that we never get any feedback. Do they work on something or not? Will they fix some stuff, or not? We just dont know...
Good point. It would be nice to get a notice like "We're aware of the disconnection problem, and are working on it".

Endless feedback and threads, hundreds of improvement ideas and lots of complaining....but, did PD ever listen!?

To me, it feels like PD really doesnt care. Of course they add stuff and fix things, but interact with the fanbase!? Doesnt feel like it... (besides the FIA events for certain people)
I know PD always was like this, but wouldnt it be time for them to hire a community manager, or someone who posts updates from time to time? At least someone who gives us the feeling of being heard?

What do you think? Do we have the slightest impact on PDs decisions?
They've never listened to us more... They are putting in cars that people want on a regular basis along with tracks. They even have an active Instagram account which was non-existent during the lifespan of GT6. And you don't think PD care?

A sole series that they have been producing for more than a decade, right? And yet, their 'best' isn't still good enough.. That's PD for you.

I would say the question actually is 'Do we talk to PD'. Apart from a small number at the event finals no one here actually speaks to PD. Why would you assume that PD reads a message board? Why would you assume that PD reads English? Have you read Japanese message boards that discuss GTS?

CJ

We know they have people who read and speak English, when they had their short lived GT blog where they would answer questions and take requests it was English based and they had people from their team read it. They've claimed and have had interviews with this website saying it is a source of information and direction. But hey you keep on assuming things are as one dimensional as the thought you're giving it.

It does feel as though PD are listening. Trouble is they offer little interaction on platforms like Twitter.

They post daily tweets, even featuring user created content. But they never answer questions. I don’t expect them to release, for example, update details before they’re ready. But even a courtesy response saying, “Stay tuned”, or whatever would publicly show PD are reading and listening to feedback. Right now most of their social media postings could be an automated bot.

...what about decal placement on glass (lights and windshiled, as side and rear glass) and tire? Seems as half done li ery editor, then we have their own liveries that are 100% true to real ones, but we aren't able to make ones too?

On the beta forum they certainly listened users opinions: I asked for a closer and more flexible chase cam and for 360 ° steering wheel rotation. Teramoto_PD liked my posts and then those features were introduced in the game. We also asked for FOV adjustment in cockpit view. Teramoto_PD replied that after our request they tried to introduce the FOV feature but this caused framerate issues and they had to remove that option.

Last edited:
...what about decal placement on glass (lights and windshiled, as side and rear glass) and tire? Seems as half done li ery editor, then we have their own liveries that are 100% true to real ones, but we aren't able to make ones too?

Livery editor was something else the community wanted, and got. Improvements were then made to the UI on it, again after community feedback.

Half done? I disagree.

Endless feedback and threads, hundreds of improvement ideas and lots of complaining....but, did PD ever listen!?

To me, it feels like PD really doesnt care. Of course they add stuff and fix things, but interact with the fanbase!? Doesnt feel like it... (besides the FIA events for certain people)
I know PD always was like this, but wouldnt it be time for them to hire a community manager, or someone who posts updates from time to time? At least someone who gives us the feeling of being heard?

What do you think? Do we have the slightest impact on PDs decisions?

I think they listen sometimes. But Gran Turismo is not based on community inputs and it’s not certain that they agree with everything we say just because we say it.

They have community managers on Facebook and Instagram, you can try contacting them there.

How do you know they would've?
They all sound like things that would have happened either way.

Porsche? Exclusive license is gone so of course that was going to happen. They’ve been in practically every racing game since then.

Livery editor seems like a natural progression of a game, did they listen or did they take notice of other games?

Premium Supra and E30? All cars are premium now so that was a given. Not only that but these are hot vehicles regardless of game. Also more cars came out than just that, so did they listen to people about those too, or just pick other interesting vehicles?

Improved performance? That’s a given to be worked in for practically any game, especially updates to one that just came out, no? It’s not like they’re going to wait around to find out. Improvements likely come with every patch regardless of what people said or not. However this can go both ways as I’m sure big reports do help out in that regard, but I’m not so sure I’d just lump that in with it.

Regardless, I feel they do take in some information, but more rather go at the pace they choose with things that they want in their game. Which is how it always should be in my opinion. Maybe they just happen to align with a general consensus, or they have similar ideas to what people wanted in the first place, things that should make a great game.

They screenshot a post I made on here and put it in an official video during the FIA finals. They're aware.

Just to add to this. Someone is clearly reading my posts on here :) I made 2 suggestions about the recent FIA season and they were both implemented in the last patch.

Only the last race should count in FIA attempts:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fia-race-discussion.376323/page-230#post-12581098

The region split should only be for FIA, daily races should remain grouped:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...horrible-decision.383771/page-4#post-12571895

Both of those have now been changed. You're all welcome ;) lol

My guess is that PD has a vision for what this game will be at the end. I dont believe PD will introduce a new track that was not previously part of their vision just as they will eventually release tracks that are in the pipeline even though the community has not been asking for them. Our input may change the timing of releases but I doubt our input will send PD down a different avenue that they have not visioned. Since people have asked for virtually every track and every car they are guaranteed to get some hits so its hard to say that our input affects what shows up in the game. I think if we were paying for new car and track packs that our input would be watched a little more closely because they must produce what people will pay for if they want to stay profitable. That also makes me question how long are we going to continue to get free updates, at some point PD is going to be in the red if they dont start charging for them which I wouldnt have a problem paying for.

Let's just hope that GT7 will be a much better game.

Much better? Short of just copying what they did for GT3 - GT6 I really can't see what else they can do for the racing genre. GT Sport was their first pivot away from what they usually did and they got hell for it. The racing genre as a whole is a pretty stagnant gaming category so I never quite understand what people mean when they criticize a racing game. It has cars, decent physics, and a bunch of tracks... I'm good.

Much better? Short of just copying what they did for GT3 - GT6 I really can't see what else they can do for the racing genre. GT Sport was their first pivot away from what they usually did and they got hell for it. The racing genre as a whole is a pretty stagnant gaming category so I never quite understand what people mean when they criticize a racing game. It has cars, decent physics, and a bunch of tracks... I'm good.
If you're aware, it lacks some exciting features which its competitors have, such as a dedicated free-roam mode and maybe more allowable modifications of any car, like changing the engine, do anything with its paint job, etc. With those, at least I could enjoy playing the game more personally with a car that I could personalize with my own touches.

So yes, GT has been the same the whole time and PD seems to remain reluctant to give it a significant refresh and instead, somehow even scrimped its features from the previous titles like what is the case with GT Sport. I hope this isn't the case in the next game.

Let's just hope that GT7 will be a much better game.
So do I mate :).

When I heard that Sony has made it clear that GT Sport is not GT7, but it's also not a prologue game, I laugh out so loud and said they are joking right about GT Sport not being a prologue game. GT Sport is a Prologue game, and that is for sure.

So do I mate :).

When I heard that Sony has made it clear that GT Sport is not GT7, but it's also not a prologue game, I laugh out so loud and said they are joking right about GT Sport not being a prologue game. GT Sport is a Prologue game, and that is for sure.
Lol good thing I haven't purchased a PS4 yet, because GT5 was the main reason why I got compelled to get a PS3 5 years ago. Yes, I got that one mainly because of GT5 but I think I wouldn't buy a PS4 for that very same purpose.

However, if GT7 turns out to be how I expected it to be and it comes out for PS5, then there's a very big chance I might get the next-gen console so that I could play the game.

Last edited:
Yes they do. Single player implemented, grip bug fixed amongst other bugs. Stability/grip/drivability improvements for some MR cars (still needs more work though), harsh penalties (ala 1.13) being reduced. These were off the top of my head so for you to say "OFC they don't" is flat out wrong.

I'm grateful I'm not a Fallout, Battlefield or a Diablo fan. In the current gaming climate, PD are doing a pretty good job, but I understand you want your personal needs addressing by PD for you to think that they listen to the community.

Now is probably a good time for me to remind you what GTS was like on release.

Ea/dice directly talk to the community
If i was Kaz i would avoid direct communication because most comment will be "I want GT7!" , this car/track is ****! i want this (insert here) , this game *****! etc.

I think they listen sometimes. But Gran Turismo is not based on community inputs and it’s not certain that they agree with everything we say just because we say it.

They have community managers on Facebook and Instagram, you can try contacting them there.
I tried to but i got no responce at all .

After reading the below today, I decided to vote yes. If anyone remembers, when I heard the news of multiple entries to FIA events and them taking the highest point result I was extremely upset. I boycotted the game, and haven't played it since. I left a long ranting message in one of the forums and offered several alternatives, one of them being to allow as many entries but only accept the last race result. As you can see below, that's what they are now implementing. Now, we don't know exactly why PD decided to make this new change, but for the sake of my ego we will assume it is because Kaz personally read my post and noticed I stayed true to my boycott and needed to bring me back :lol:

Quote from PD
"2. Race points gained in the last race that was participated in will be counted for the championship.
Until now, the race with the highest point result out of multiple races entered in the same round was counted towards the competitor’s effective points, but this will now be changed to only count the race results/points of the last race that was entered.

This change in structure will be in effect for the Daily Races starting Wednesday, January 17, and for the Online Championships starting Wednesday, January 30."

They probably do listen, but software development is not easy, some things take more effort than people assume, other things take a long time (like content production, i.e. tracks and cars can take years just to get the licensing sorted, a lot of legal work, sending a team to another country, a lot of logistics involved), other things might seem obvious to do but cause issues for the engine or other undesirable results. Not to mention that the team itself is full of passionate and smart people that have suggestions and ideas of their own, etc. Things could be better, but they could be a lot worse.

If you're aware, it lacks some exciting features which its competitors have, such as a dedicated free-roam mode and maybe more allowable modifications of any car, like changing the engine, do anything with its paint job, etc. With those, at least I could enjoy playing the game more personally with a car that I could personalize with my own touches.

So yes, GT has been the same the whole time and PD seems to remain reluctant to give it a significant refresh and instead, somehow even scrimped its features from the previous titles like what is the case with GT Sport. I hope this isn't the case in the next game.
What? Since when Assetto Corsa and PCARS have a free-roam? And even then only Forza Horizon have free roam, not Forza Motorsport. I don't think PCARS or AC had engine swaps either (apart from mods for the latter).

Back