So do you think GT5 will fill a 25gb bluray, or dual-layered 50gb? or even less?

  • Thread starter Thread starter final lap
  • 176 comments
  • 11,399 views
How do you know PD is better than any other developer?
Because they're an Sony In-house squadron who probably had access to PS3 look-a-like hardware 3+ years before any of of us mere mortals even saw a video?...

That's with regard to utilizing the hardware, of course, Linus Torvalds is a much better developer - targeted at multiple platforms...

Or summink..
 
Because they're an Sony In-house squadron who probably had access to PS3 look-a-like hardware 3+ years before any of of us mere mortals even saw a video?...

That's with regard to utilizing the hardware, of course, Linus Torvalds is a much better developer - targeted at multiple platforms...

Or summink..

PD is not the only developer that belongs to Sony. I am sure they are better than Ubisoft for example and way better than Valve(they don't know anything at all) in squeezing a lot of power from the cpu and gpu of the ps3 but i don't know if they are better than naughty-dog or insomniac
 
one thing GT TT demo has no 400k modelled cars.abit better than gthd thats all.. we saw GC TGS demos car models.there s huge difference TT demo s cars..Sounds and 65 tracks s hd videos will fill the disc a lot..Car polygons too low compare with sounds and videos.

I thought PD only announced 200k poly cars?

I think *if* damage is pre-modelled, then the total model data for the car would be around 400k, because each part of the car needs to be altered in the event of a crash in that area, and multiple times for different levels of impact. But if anyone thinks there will be sixteen 400k poly cars on screen then they are sadly mistaken. The PS3 has an advantage in calculating near double the polygons as the Xbox 360, which is why we will see up to 16 cars on a grid. But they won't be 400k poly, the hardware isn't capable of that. It also means they would have to re-model the cars from prologue to match the new higher poly cars. So you're right.

I think honestly, the cars and tracks will take up the majority, but the sounds will take up a surprisingly large amount if they are uncompressed.
 
I believe PD has said it will be a procedural damage engine for the deformation... although I am sure they will have to add in textures to reflect damage to the paint and panels appropriately...
 
I believe PD has said it will be a procedural damage engine for the deformation... although I am sure they will have to add in textures to reflect damage to the paint and panels appropriately...

The damage engine seems pretty complex to me if thats the case. Though like i said, very little knowledge of game engines.
 
How do you know PD is better than any other developer?

PD designed the screen control software thing for the Nissan GT-R. That is crazy. That is way enough reason for me to think PD is the best.

And 4 full GT games. 5 soon.
 
There is still an element of doubt in my mind as to whether the hardware could handle that ingame. In the menus, i am certain that will be true, but not ingame...

If there is no weather and day/night cycle, it is certainly possible but with the 2 most wanted features, the polygon count might be lowered. I would still want both these features over the marginally lower polygon count since it would add a lot more realism and would make it a better experience for everyone.
 
The damage engine seems pretty complex to me if thats the case. Though like i said, very little knowledge of game engines.

It seems a pretty hefty task to me also... and the timeframe to pull it off not to mention the added workload to a game that is already using a lot of resources all seem a bit suspicious to me... but that's the last I recall hearing from KY... procedural damage model to make sure metal bends as it's supposed to...
 
Though it's still unclear as to whether there are 70 unique tracks in GT5, or 70 variations. I personally believe there will be 70 unique tracks... there are too many unique tracks from the old GTs that I'd be surprised if they didn't return in GT5, not to mention the fact that GT's bound to be a handful of entirely new tracks also.

wasn't it known last year that there were 20 unique tracks with 70 variations?

Yes... yes they do.

Oh and the choice by MS was most likely originated in the desire to keep a edge or price point which has undoubtably helped sales...

what edge? Have you actually priced out a 360? There is almost no edge, never really was unless you just bought the base 360 and absolutely nothing else.
 
Last edited:
you know damn well installing the game will be mandatory...

im sure its going to be a LONG install (might be longer then MGS) but any info on the size???
 
wasn't it known last year that there were 20 unique tracks with 70 variations?

Nothing ever seems confirmed with GT5 but I don't recall this ever being properly confirmed... last I heard it was 20 environment/locations with 70 variations and whether that meant something like 20 countries with 70 tracks, 20 tracks with 70 variations or some variation thereof.

what edge? Have you actually priced out a 360? There is almost no edge, never really was unless you just bought the base 360 and absolutely nothing else.

The "shelf price" edge.
 
The "shelf price" edge.

But that implies mostly dummies buy the 360 then because they don't think ahead at how much the other "necessities" will cost.
 
How much is a ps 3 currently then?
 
$300 but his isn't just about current prices, it's about prices from the beginning.
 
you know damn well installing the game will be mandatory...

im sure its going to be a LONG install
...and?! As far as I'm concerned, I've waited 5 years for this game, and so even if I had to wait an hour for the install, so what?

As for this side-debate on pricing...puh'lease, listen to jedaye. He speaks the truth.
 
Nah he's right, the 360 does have a cost advantage with the base model.

The wireless adaptors are pointless for gaming so you can discount the cost of that, but you will need a bigger hardrive than the standard one which is less than 1GB, and you will need an online subscription This adds £40-50 on the top of the base price, which still leaves it ~£50 cheaper than the PS3. In the long term the PS3 is cheaper due to the free online, but there is no guarantee it will stay free...

$300 but his isn't just about current prices, it's about prices from the beginning.

Well considering, due to the shortage of Xbox 360 consoles on release, some people payed £500+ on ebay for them. Which at the time was the equivalent of $800-900.
 
...and?! As far as I'm concerned, I've waited 5 years for this game, and so even if I had to wait an hour for the install, so what?

As for this side-debate on pricing...puh'lease, listen to jedaye. He speaks the truth.

Exactly, the bigger the install, the better.
 
But that implies mostly dummies buy the 360 then because they don't think ahead at how much the other "necessities" will cost.

No it implies that MS ALSO gets the market of dummies ontop of the market who chose the 360 as an edjucated decision :)
 
haha, my mistake...
 
No it implies that MS ALSO gets the market of dummies ontop of the market who chose the 360 as an edjucated decision :)

Yes, that. Though most people i know only picked it because it was cheaper. Now all of their's have red ringed and 2 or 3 of those were out of extended warranty, so they're payed more than the PS3 base cost even discounting the online subscription :lol:
 
Im just wondering how much space will need the full install. I have 80 gb, i know thats enough, but i think GT5 will need a lot of space. Ok, i allways can change the HD...
 
Im just wondering how much space will need the full install. I have 80 gb, i know thats enough, but i think GT5 will need a lot of space. Ok, i allways can change the HD...

Thats *if* they give us the option of a full install. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.
 
Thats *if* they give us the option of a full install. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

I'm really hoping they do sell it as a download, certainly worth the HD space but might be a bit of wait on release day! Would be great to always have it in the XMB as long as you can still play it if you're not connected to the internet or or PSN is down.
 
Back