So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
Well, I've been holding back on buying PS4 for 2 reasons:

1. You have to pre-order it to have one. (Well here anyways)
2. GT7 hasn't released. (So when it does, I'm gonna get me a PS4 ASAP)

When it releases doesn't really matter to me, I (unlike many other) am content with GT6 the way it is.
I just tend to use stock exhaust as they sound marvelous compared to those "fart cans" called sport/(semi)-race exhausts.

Also I tend to use 1 and the same car a whole online session, because the name/car list is still broken and the menu mostly grays out and makes joining the track not possible.

Your expectations of GT7 are very, very low then. I think most of are expecting much, much more than this on a new generation console. I can cover half of your list by adding 2 tracks with various layouts, 180 cars and some new wings, splitters and wheels. Oh wait, isn't that what they did for GT5>>>GT6?

haha Jesus I guess it wasn't on purpose. I'll repeat...aaaaaagggggaaaaaiiiiinnnn....

"other things of course but this is just off the top of my head"

I just pulled some quick things off the top of my head about what I expect to be in GT7. I'll let you know when I have my full blown breakdown of every little aspect I expect to make up GT7. At 3:30 AM mind you.

Project C.A.R.S could destroy GT7 I feel, it seems to tick all the right boxes and for once PD has actual competition.

The main problem is the wheel support (for both).

I have no idea what GT7 may support in terms of wheels but I am sure I can use any of my 3 wheels for PCars.

Remember that PCars is not a PS only game. I will be getting this for the PC as I already own a PC that is stronger than any console. I will not be buying a PS4 until I am ready to purchase GT7 and I hope by then the PS4 supports my Fanatec wheel.

As for expectations for GT7
Ability to chat with friends while playing the career mode.
Leaderboard system
Better online features
Better performance overall
Even better physics than GT6
More modification options
A few new cars and tracks
A few things that will be a surprise

I have no idea what GT7 may support in terms of wheels but I am sure I can use any of my 3 wheels for PCars.

Remember that PCars is not a PS only game. I will be getting this for the PC as I already own a PC that is stronger than any console. I will not be buying a PS4 until I am ready to purchase GT7 and I hope by then the PS4 supports my Fanatec wheel.

I meant it on consoles. But yes on PC wheels are all supported which makes it even more of a dissapointment for console users.

I'm super excited for PS4 GT7. PS4 GPU seems perfect for Gran Turismo, hopefully they can achieve best in genre sound and graphics. Will be interesting to see what they manage to do with AI and physics.

And to play these Time Trials & boring Sseasonals online on PS4 we have to pay :yuck:
It will be free to play stuff you mentioned, only online racing you will have to pay for.

Then bring it down with assets from PS2.
I'm mainly concerned by tracks like Trial Mountain (I hope if they redo it, they don't ruin track layout). Standard cars I hope they just bring ones that are going to be made fully premium in the future and have already had the exterior done to a high level and also not to include the black cockpit as it would look a bit silly on a PS4 game.

tirepressure.jpg

Tire air pressure or will remain mirage?

I'd rather wait until he officially announces what's suppose to be in the game instead of a what to expect from a title like a year or two away.

At least at that point we can call him/PD on BS if they don't include what they should include.

VBR
We can safely expect;

1) Mass hysteria as the release day approaches, & lots of vague PR statements that makes us think it's going to be 'FREAKIN AWESOME'!

2) Spectacular looking graphics, & over-hyped trailers inducing the masses to part with their cash.

2) Some truly bizarre "what were they thinking" game design.

3) The same tired gameplay that has been used in every GT game ever.

4) A lack of common sense options, because PD want us to play the game their way.

5) A half-baked bug filled mess that will be 'updated monthly' with 'free DLC'.

6) More Time Trials & boring Seasonals following the same worn out format.

7) A barrage of Fanboy vs Haters flame war threads on GT Planet.

Basically, the same thing we got with GT5 & GT6.
:lol:
You could easily make a living as a psychic:cheers: Be sure and keep track of this post so we can re-post it after GT7 drops and then again before GT8...ad infinitum.

VBR
We can safely expect;

1) Mass hysteria as the release day approaches, & lots of vague PR statements that makes us think it's going to be 'FREAKIN AWESOME'!

2) Spectacular looking graphics, & over-hyped trailers inducing the masses to part with their cash.

4) A lack of common sense options, because PD want us to play the game their way.

Sadly I think you may be right :( that's why for now I've gone down the Xbox One Forza route

VBR
We can safely expect;

I gotta say nothing shocks when i hear what is to come in GT, But when i loaded GT6 and saw that there was zero effort put into career mode (again) after they said it would be improved genuinly stunned me

I gotta say nothing shocks when i hear what is to come in GT, But when i loaded GT6 and saw that there was zero effort put into career mode (again) after they said it would be improved genuinly stunned me
You're not happy they got rid of the XP system and introduced the "stars"? C'mon..don't you remember when you were a little kid in Grade 1 and you did something the teacher liked you got a gold star?:lol:

What GT7 should offer:
  • everything GT6 offers up to the moment of GT7's release (something they failed miserably at with GT6). That includes e.g. the allegedly soon-to-come track-editor and b-spec mode.

• more cars on track (something like up to 32 depending on track, maybe even more for Nordschleife?)
  • a functioning online mode without visibility-problems between some drivers
  • probably a sophisticated damage-model to satisfy the crash-aficionados (although I don't need that one to be happy)
The latter 3 are the ones that should benefit the most from the better hardware.

I've lost all confidence in PD and Kaz since GT5's release. I'm rooting for them but if I'm being honest to myself, I believe I will be in for a third successive disappointing GT installment. They can wow us with their pretty graphics and car count but this will mean little to me if there are not proper career mode, championships, qualifying, decent AI, damage, etc etc.

With ever diminishing returns on graphical fidelity, the real focus needs to be on the racing in my opinion. There are some great moments in PS3 era GT's but they are few and far between. Make the racing intense and you'll have my confidence back PD.

What I expect in GT7:

Sony VR helmet support.
Natural and detailed new sound rendition with a personal trademark.
Photorealism to a new level.
More cars on track.
More offline content.
New game modes.
Very realistic effects (rain, clouds, lights, dust, car dirt, etc).
More detailed physics and tunning.
More real-virtual integration and tools.
More unexpected PD surprises and tracks (like the Moon driving in GT6)
More customizing features, but not to the extends of a full editable livery editor.
Much less artifacts in the graphics, a cleaner rendering.
Overall stable 1080/60 framerate except when too much happens on screen, but less noticeable than in 720p GT6 modes.
Some features would be missing at launch but updated during its life-time.
Support to most of the previous compatible wheels.
Increased communication with the fanbase will introduce some well received changes.
Standards will look nicer than expected but no interior views.
Tons of online options.
Some things would be removed from previous games (tracks, cars, options...)
Some not official delays until the launch.
Best GT to date but mixed videogame reviews. Anyway good sales.
Project CARS will not cause the big impact some people are expecting.

We can expect Project CARS to shake up the Play Station racing game market, as it will be Play Stations first real sim.
In all seriousness, if PD doesn't step it up tremendously with GT7 it will possibly be the final chapter for the Gran Turismo series. I've been following Project CARS pretty closely and the stuff they are doing is the kind of stuff we couldn't even dream to see in GT. I'm excited to see how they compare..

What I expect in GT7:

I believe you're very wrong.

What I expect in GT7:

Sony VR helmet support.
Natural and detailed new sound rendition with a personal trademark.
Photorealism to a new level.
More cars on track.
More offline content.
New game modes.
Very realistic effects (rain, clouds, lights, dust, car dirt, etc).
More detailed physics and tunning.
More real-virtual integration and tools.
More unexpected PD surprises and tracks (like the Moon driving in GT6)
More customizing features, but not to the extends of a full editable livery editor.
Much less artifacts in the graphics, a cleaner rendering.
Overall stable 1080/60 framerate except when too much happens on screen, but less noticeable than in 720p GT6 modes.
Some features would be missing at launch but updated during its life-time.
Support to most of the previous compatible wheels.
Increased communication with the fanbase will introduce some well received changes.
Standards will look nicer than expected but no interior views.
Tons of online options.
Some things would be removed from previous games (tracks, cars, options...)
Some not official delays until the launch.
Best GT to date but mixed videogame reviews. Anyway good sales.

You have covered pretty much everything :cool:

Based on experience of the last 10 years, figure longer than sooner since Kaz is approaching GT7 as a full game.

Hence likely the main reason why GT6 was pushed out at the end of the PS3's life to buy some time to work on GT7. GT6 had no business coming out when it did. It was outdated out of the gate, but in doing so they were able to add a few features to GT5 and call it a new GT game and hope that it would keep everyone occupied until GT7 came out.

Better do not expect anything and you will be surprised in a positive way. All those high expectations are only causing disappointments especially regarding the long timespan until GT7 will finally come out. It's at least 3/4 of a year, probably even 1.5 years from now.

Well seeing as this is GT, we can definitely expect the most awesome super smexy graphics of any game ever :cool:

Can't picture all 1400-1500 cars coming with perfect engine sounds

(Unless standards are deleted *ahem* pd)

Back