So I bought Spec III

• Thread starter Lubeify100
  • 13 comments
United States
Maine
LETS4000
I haven't play it yet as I am at work. I bought it for $13 brand new off of Amazon.

Update: I forgot about this thread. The game plays like GT5: Prologue but it's in Japanese. You can change the units to MPH and HP so that really helps. I bought it because I wanted the most up to date version of the game. If you missed out on the updates on GT5: Prologue I recommend it! It even takes up less space.
Note: it's is its own install data and not an update so if you have GT5: Prologue installed it won't replace it but make its own install. Also you won't be able to use your save data as it uses its own so you will have to start over. The secret menu is still there so its an easy fix. You just have to learn Japanese or something.

Last edited:
Was better than 5 & 6 for me. At least there are no stinking standard cars.
I wouldn't say it was that good (since it's more of a demo than a full game) but for a game that's now 6 years old it still looks amazing! I has aged well and it still plays good. I find this game still more fun than Shift 1 & 2 combined

Added intro to the OP

Last edited by a moderator:
I remembered the intro i had when i borrowed it from a friend of mine back then, It had the same song but some different scene (idk which spec was) but i think the intro is this one since at one part they was pushing the car.

Which means that my friend (or someone) imported it from US since we got the Pal version.

I wish if i could get GT5P right now.

I remembered the intro i had when i borrowed it from a friend of mine back then, It had the same song but some different scene (idk which spec was) but i think the intro is this one

Which means that my friend (or someone) imported it from US since we got the Pal version.

It's actually from Japan. I added the intro to the OP. It's odd that they use the US intro but with the Spec 3 cars added

Or maybe you have a rare copy or something which would be awesome! It didn't change the intro for my friend when he updated to spec 3. I think it's just spec 3 disk only

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually from Japan. I added the intro to the OP. It's odd that they use the US intro but with the Spec 3 cars added

Or maybe you have a rare copy or something which would be awesome! It didn't change the intro for my friend when he updated to spec 3. I think it's just spec 3 disk only
Nah i think it's just the original US version a.k.a spec I.

Sorry for the late reply.

My first experience of online racing was in GT5 Prologue, it was great! Met some very clean gentleman drivers & got invited to my first forum. Happy days!

:D

VBR
My first experience of online racing was in GT5 Prologue, it was great! Met some very clean gentleman drivers & got invited to my first forum. Happy days!

:D
What I miss the most is the epic drift replays you could see from people! Online was really fun.

I bought GT5 Prologue last month for $4.00 (includes shipping) and nostalgia hits me really hard...even my old February 2010 save game loaded...

I'm definitely going to do some videos soon. Maybe upload things like the Intro or "Beyond The Apex" Movie in 1080P because all i find on youtube of this movie was Recorded in really low quality...

I bought GT5 Prologue last month for $4.00 (includes shipping) and nostalgia hits me really hard...even my old February 2010 save game loaded...

I'm definitely going to do some videos soon. Maybe upload things like the Intro or "Beyond The Apex" Movie in 1080P because all i find on youtube of this movie was Recorded in really low quality...
Go for it, man! I'd love to see some new GT5: P vids on YouTube! (Especially with the uniquely tuned cars)

I loved GT5P, I would pause the dvr, do a few online races and then spend an evening of commercial free television, . Of course if the racing was really good that night, I would keep racing.

Anyway, I had searched for this before with no luck. I wasn't sure if it was even from a real band, or just something they threw together.

Anyway looked again the other day.

Back