So, I was running the FF seasonal on my new PS3...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gil
  • 36 comments
  • 3,017 views

Gil

Bird man
Premium
Messages
6,977
Messages
old-guy64
And I discovered a crazy easter egg.
Has anybody else seen it yet?
I was running a little Civic (425pp detuned) at Tsukuba.
I was passing the last car to take the lead....
As I passed it I noticed its shadow was a dude on a bike....:eek:
 
Can you do it again and get a picture by any chance? Sounds awesome but I must see this and can't get around a PS3 anytime today. :(
 
As they say....pics or it didn't happen.:sly:
 
Currently my son is in the hospital, and I didn't bring the console with me today.
I was so dang surprised when I saw it. I just slowed down and looked at it. Verified that I did indeed see it. Then went on to win the race.

I think i may be a play on the fact that Peugeot is/was a big deal in the bicycle scene when I was younger. And the last car I passed to take the lead was a 206...

I didn't believe it either, till I saw the thing.
I understand if you aren't fast enough to win Tsukuba on your own in the FF seasonal. But give it a try.
Hell, if you don't see it, and win anyway, you'll add a substantial amount to your cash reserves....
Besides, I really wanted to know if anyone else saw what I saw.

Add to that, I'm old, and I really am not sure how to achieve that screenshot....
 
What "bycicle scene" are you talking about?

And sorry to hear about your son, I hope he gets better.
 
What "bycicle scene" are you talking about?

And sorry to hear about your son, I hope he gets better.

It was in the FF seasonal race.
When you pass the Peugeot look at the shadow it casts.
 
Oh, I thought you were referencing something. I'll see if I can grab a picture sometime.
 
What are you smoking...and can I have some? I kid, I kid. But seriously, I'll try it if I remember next time I fire up the game.
 
The other day (30th Dec) I went back to do a few more licence tests. One I did showed the shadow of a man (in the driving position in the car), along with the car's shadow on the ground.

I actually took a pic of it on my camera but don't know how to upload to here.

I am looking at it now and it does look like he is on a bike, but it's him sitting in the car. And the only shadow from the car is from the front and rear wheels.

The car is a Renault but I can't remember the name of the track or which race it is. Gold is 14.5 sec's though.

It's the short Nurburgring one, I remembered.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I see. I think it might just be a bad shadow render.
 
You wouldn't normally expect to see a drivers shadow though, the head perhaps, but not those parts which are inside the car and in the shadow of the car.

A glitch of some kind which I meant to post about but forgot, I'm glad someone has, even though it's a different car and race.
 
mmm, mmmm. Nah, sorry it's gorne!
 
Last edited:
The other day (30th Dec) I went back to do a few more licence tests. One I did showed the shadow of a man (in the driving position in the car), along with the car's shadow on the ground.
I actually took a pic of it on my camera but don't know how to upload to here.
1. Hmmm...left click on your name above your post and left click 'View Public Profile'.

picture.php


2. You can now see your Profile Page. On the left, under 'Friends' you will see Albums. I don't remember what it looked like when there were no images uploaded, probably 'create album' or something like that. So create an album, call it 'images for posting' or something, then open it (the empty album).
At the top left you will see 'Upload Pictures'


picture.php


Click on this

picture.php


And go get your picture. Remember to click on Upload Pictures at the bottom there.
To get the URL for the picture, go find it in your album and click on it


picture.php


There you can see the URL or even just paste the
part directly into your post.
Preview first to make sure you have control. Reduce the size a bit too to avoid crazyness. These images are reduced in paint by 50% and then by 25%.


Gil
Add to that, I'm old, and I really am not sure how to achieve that screenshot....
I'm 53 and Dalone's 67 (? sorry mate if i got that wrong :sly:) so age is no obstacle for us time warriors. It's these blasted young'uns who think they know everything you have to watch out for :drool: oops, pass the kleenex would you?
The best way would be to save the replay, pause it when you go look at it again (now you're in photo mode) and take a pic at the right place etc. You then share this image with your friends.
Go to PSN.com or whatever it's called, and log in. See your shared pictures, save the one you want to your PC then do as above.
Easier is to take a photo of the screen (NO FLASH!) with your phone and rinse, repeat etc above.
 
Last edited:
Wow, thanks for that Sir Alan.

I won't try it now as I'm about to have a game (and a few more beers) then there's a doco on TV I want to watch.

But tomorrow I will give it a go. Hope I don't disappoint, "age is no obstacle for us time warriors."

We'll see.
 
There's a glitch since a recent update that makes the Premium Renault Megane showing a shadow of the driver sitting in the air with just the wheels being reflected as dark area on the floor around him. Might be something similar or even exactly this bug.

Edit: Pic and it did happen.
 
There's a glitch since a recent update that makes the Premium Renault Megane showing a shadow of the driver sitting in the air with just the wheels being reflected as dark area on the floor around him. Might be something similar or even exactly this bug.


Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe that's what he saw, & in the heat of the moment his brain misinterpreted it.


0_88159_c554e663_XL.jpg
 
shadow is gangnam style
 
Thats it, that pic. Shows the drivers shadow and the cars wheels as I said. Thanks for putting it up.
 
VBR
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe that's what he saw, & in the heat of the moment his brain misinterpreted it.


0_88159_c554e663_XL.jpg

Lol, funny pic. Thanks for posting.

@Dalone: Just proves my point at how slow you are if you have time to "stop and smell the roses" and notice things like that. :lol: :sly: I myself, well I don't have time to notice such things. Hell, my own shadow can't even keep up with me. :lol:

Relax everyone, its just a little friendly banter between me and Mr. SRF (Dalone)
 

I think that creature really needs to put some underwear on. :lol: That looks like some kind of demented porn shot with Mr. Happy flopping in the breeze. :lol:
 
Lol, funny pic. Thanks for posting.

@Dalone: Just proves my point at how slow you are if you have time to "stop and smell the roses" and notice things like that. :lol: :sly: I myself, well I don't have time to notice such things. Hell, my own shadow can't even keep up with me. :lol:

Relax everyone, its just a little friendly banter between me and Mr. SRF (Dalone)

Actually Cargo' it shows the opposite, how one notices what others may miss. You must have done this licence test yourself but never noticed it, went completely over your head.

Luckily for you there are many of us here who see the whole picture and can bring you up to date on the bits you miss.

But don't feel you have to thank us, just knowing we have helped someone less capable is our reward.
 
I just checked the race and it's the 1st Licence test, #B 6, Exiting from a Looping Corner @ Nurburgring GP/F, and it happens best near the finish line.

And yes, the reason I was/am doing it is because I haven't golded it yet on this PS3.
 
Actually Cargo' it shows the opposite, how one notices what others may miss. You must have done this licence test yourself but never noticed it, went completely over your head.

Luckily for you there are many of us here who see the whole picture and can bring you up to date on the bits you miss.

But don't feel you have to thank us, just knowing we have helped someone less capable is our reward.

Like I said, its the slow people that notice the smallest of details.:lol: And, if you consider someone less capable just because they don't notice some shadow in the road, thats fine. We'll see whose first to the finish line. Oh, and also, no, I don't feel the need to thank you as you have not helped me in any way by pointing out a shadow in the road. Last I checked, this was a racing game/driving simulator, not a seek-n-find game.:lol:
 
PD actually has a sense of humour!!:)
 
Like I said, its the slow people that notice the smallest of details.:lol: And, if you consider someone less capable just because they don't notice some shadow in the road, thats fine. We'll see whose first to the finish line. Oh, and also, no, I don't feel the need to thank you as you have not helped me in any way by pointing out a shadow in the road. Last I checked, this was a racing game/driving simulator, not a seek-n-find game.:lol:

Ha ha, still waiting for you to crack gold at Motegi, Cargo'.

You only have to beat 1:49.1 to get ahead of me.

I'll just wait will I?
 
Ha ha, still waiting for you to crack gold at Motegi, Cargo'.

You only have to beat 1:49.1 to get ahead of me.

I'll just wait will I?

How many damn times to I have to tell you, I am not running that event. I am busy with the WRS event. Get off my ass already, damn.
 
How many damn times to I have to tell you, I am not running that event. I am busy with the WRS event. Get off my ass already, damn.

Yeah, no worries, but you could have done a couple of dozen laps with the amount of time you spent here.

I guess we'll just have to consider that 'ass' you mentioned, suitably whipped.
 
Back