So If I can't change my Driving Style How do I...........

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 7 comments

Harley45

Grumpy Old Git
Premium
ScruffybUK
.........Tune me Cars to stop the front tires smoking going into corners

Let me Explain my Style of driving . Stop - Point - Mash the Throttle

DS3 = Car = hammer up to a corner and brake as late as possible , turn the car still braking then mash the throttle as hard as possible with out leaving the track .

Aids none except ABS 1 , use this for all cars

When watching my Replays it's often seen that the front tires are smoking going into the corner , as GT has evolved over the last 15 years I have driven with the same style , yes I know it might not be the best way but it's how I drive so would appreciate idea's to set the car up .

might be impossible to fix but hey i thought i'd ask anyhow :lol:

Throttle and break modulation. Not at all easy on the controller. Work on short shifting and early turn in, don't over drive the car.

Easier cars to drive, easier to over drive, teaches bad habits.

Focus on being smooth before being fast. Fast is a byproduct of learning race craft.

Read a book on racing, it also applies to sims minus the visceral feeling.

Stick with one car for hundreds of miles, learn how it behaves tuned up and down, then learn what setting modify the behaviors. You need to put time into it.

Eventually you'll also learn to be fast it poorly set up cars as your race craft and bag of tricks will grow.

Sorry I can't give you one thing, but racing is as much art as it is skill. Learn the trade, then learn to master it.

@Harley45 - Have a read of this post on what I noticed about trail braking in GT6. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-reverse-engineers-the-gt6-physics.291068/#post-9038140

Are you using the analog sticks? If you are still X and square, it's time to change. I also got FPSFreak controller extenders. This will help smooth out your inputs. You have to learn how to release the brakes more gradually at the very end of the braking zone. Trail braking in GT6 is programmed for a bit of rotation right at the end of the brake pedal. If you slowly release the brakes, you'll see an instant rotation.

Now, that driving technique helps a ton, but there are cars that just smoke the outside front. I had some very fast tunes in GT5 that would smoke the outside front at the limit. In GT6 it is just more exaggerated... more tire smoke... yellow tires all the way to the next corner. I am working on a 2014 Corvette Stingray tune right now and have not landed on the settings that help reduce the glowing outside front. Thinking that this topic needs to be linked in the FITT reverse engineering thread?

If you can't adjust your driving style, you'll have to try everything possible to improve turn in and grip to apex.
More negative front toe
Lower front brake bias
Lower LSD Decel and lower Initial
Low front ARB

You should be able to adjust dampers and camber to help but they don't seem to work as I expected. I've also found ride height to be reversed on cars I've tuned so far, try raising the front and/or lowering rear.

@Harley45 - Have a read of this post on what I noticed about trail braking in GT6. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fitt-reverse-engineers-the-gt6-physics.291068/#post-9038140

Are you using the analog sticks? If you are still X and square, it's time to change. I also got FPSFreak controller extenders. This will help smooth out your inputs. You have to learn how to release the brakes more gradually at the very end of the braking zone. Trail braking in GT6 is programmed for a bit of rotation right at the end of the brake pedal. If you slowly release the brakes, you'll see an instant rotation.

Now, that driving technique helps a ton, but there are cars that just smoke the outside front. I had some very fast tunes in GT5 that would smoke the outside front at the limit. In GT6 it is just more exaggerated... more tire smoke... yellow tires all the way to the next corner. I am working on a 2014 Corvette Stingray tune right now and have not landed on the settings that help reduce the glowing outside front. Thinking that this topic needs to be linked in the FITT reverse engineering thread?

Tops ta for the link makes for intresting reading .

Back