So safe to say F12020 is a carbon copy of F12019, right?

• Thread starter Petroperu
  • 4 comments
2020 has MyTeam and the general consensus of MyTeam is that it adds a lot to the game, broadly speaking. I’d say that MyTeam is enough to say that 2020 isn’t a ‘carbon copy’ of 2019.

If MyTeam doesn’t interest you, I can understand. If the $15 for 2019 looks good to you, go for it.

Because I am about to buy my first F1 game ever after enjoying the demo.
And it is only $15.
I'm a new fan of the F1 series, purchasing 2019 when it was new. I've been torn as to whether or not to upgrade to 2020. There's a few things tempting me:

1) From what I understand the cars are smoother driving. Less twitchy understeer and oversteer. This was a criticism of the game by real F1 drivers, so Codemasters addressed it.

2) The ERS has been simplified. The 2019 has an Auto ERS setting that will pretty much optimize your ERS, but to get the most out of your car, especially in passing/defending situations, you need to manually adjust ERS. This was another criticism from actual drivers - They don't have to mess with their ERS settings so much. 2020 replaced this with a Push-To-Pass type button that uses harnessed battery power.

3) While I can't confirm this made it's way to PS4, I'm pretty sure there is now a rear-view mirror option in the HUD options for cockpit view (in my opinion the only view! :scared: :lol:). On a more serious note, this has been requested for a long time, and is finally available. In the PC builds, it's even movable! So you can place it over the halo portion of the screen making use of otherwise useless space. I think it's the same in the console versions, but can't be sure. I didn't know about this until yesterday, and it's REALLY got me considering starting my 2019 career over with the 2020 game. And I don't get to play very often, so that's a lot of career to redo.

4) New tracks! Zandvoort for the Netherlands/Dutch Grand Prix (Max has influence, I'll say that!), and a Hanoi Street circuit for the Vietnamese Grand Prix.

I'm actually glad you posted this question, because you just made my Pros/Cons list. The Pros far outweigh the cost of the game. I'm going to pick it up. You sold me, er, I sold me... on myself, or something like that. :dunce: :lol:

Last edited:
No, not at all.

While the broad structure is the same and given that it's a licenced F1 title that's no real surprise, however, the physics engine moved up a significant step in F1 2020.

As such it very much depends on what you actually want out of an F1 title.

3) While I can't confirm this made it's way to PS4, I'm pretty sure there is now a rear-view mirror option in the HUD options for cockpit view (in my opinion the only view! :scared: :lol:). On a more serious note, this has been requested for a long time, and is finally available. In the PC builds, it's even movable! So you can place it over the halo portion of the screen making use of otherwise useless space. I think it's the same in the console versions, but can't be sure. I didn't know about this until yesterday, and it's REALLY got me considering starting my 2019 career over with the 2020 game. And I don't get to play very often, so that's a lot of career to redo.
I can confirm for the PS4 version that the entire HUD is customisable.

Back