So thats it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 27 comments
  • 2,473 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
Thats the update everyone was talking about that was set for this Thursday. Wow what an update, I feel this is an unnecessary update cause people should not be cheating, drive honestly and earn your money and your cars, but I guess you will get that everywhere. So now we have to wait till next month for 1.09 I assume. And that won't be the BIG update Im gonna guess that 1.10 will be the big one. PD should have just finished the game, if I known it would have been like this with updates every month I would have settled with more delays atleast GT5 would have been finished.
 
Where did you get that because they put out a tiny little fix they can't put out a patch later?
 
Thats the update everyone was talking about that was set for this Thursday. Wow what an update, I feel this is an unnecessary update cause people should not be cheating, drive honestly and earn your money and your cars, but I guess you will get that everywhere. So now we have to wait till next month for 1.09 I assume. And that won't be the BIG update Im gonna guess that 1.10 will be the big one. PD should have just finished the game, if I known it would have been like this with updates every month I would have settled with more delays atleast GT5 would have been finished.

It's not the end of the world. There's still 1.5 years until then.
 
Where did you get that because they put out a tiny little fix they can't put out a patch later?

I think he assumed that patch 1.08 was the next content one like was stated before the glitch.

Which is why i mentioned in another thread that they need to change the patch notice format to:

(e.g) - 3.04.02

3 is Major (probably uneeded in GT5 but never know... this is like WOTLK and Cataclysm for WoW).

04 is the regular content update like every normal GT5 patch.

02 is the minor quickfix patch such as the SS7 glitch fix.
 
I think he assumed that patch 1.08 was the next content one like was stated before the glitch.

Which is why i mentioned in another thread that they need to change the patch notice format to:

(e.g) - 3.04.02

3 is Major (probably uneeded in GT5 but never know... this is like WOTLK and Cataclysm for WoW).

04 is the regular content update like every normal GT5 patch.

02 is the minor quickfix patch such as the SS7 glitch fix.

That numbering system does make alot more sense.
Alternatively, people could just relax and understand that PD can probably release 2 patches in a month if they wanted. 👍
I don't think they scrapped all their work to restart on fixing the glitch. If they were close to finishing what they wanted for the patch, I would be surprised if they had to wait a month to release it.
 
If they were close to finishing what they wanted for the patch, I would be surprised if they had to wait a month to release it.
"We can release [patches] whenever we want."

Just be happy that they are updating and patching at all. And I really don't want to hear "But they took away something (SS7 glitch) from us" when it should have never been there in the first place.
 
Just be happy that they are updating and patching at all. And I really don't want to hear "But they took away something (SS7 glitch) from us" when it should have never been there in the first place.


They should have held off the release until it was done. I am very close to finishing this game and moving on to the next one. After this whole experience of gt5, I my be done with PD.
As far as the glitch is concerned I dont really care what others attitude is regarding it.
I have mine and thats all that matters to my game which I paid for.
 
They should have held off the release until it was done. I am very close to finishing this game and moving on to the next one. After this whole experience of gt5, I my be done with PD.
As far as the glitch is concerned I dont really care what others attitude is regarding it.
I have mine and thats all that matters to my game which I paid for.

That's your opinion but look, the game still isn't finished and I don't think Kaz will ever stop updating it until GT6 comes out. So if we go by your ideals, GT5 would never be released.
 
As someone who works in IT on software development, it's frustrating when people here gripe about frequent patches. PD should be applauded for handling feedback and bugs as quickly as they have. No piece of software is ever 100% perfect in the eyes of everyone.

In this case if you drive clean and this patch doesn't impact you, then why complain? Just relax and play a different game if you're so fed up with GT5.
 
It was a quick fix patch and for it's size and what it does is a good thing for the sim. At least they are working on it developing patches and stopping cheaters. Shows they are listening to the problems in the game. All I hope is that they continue this updating and not get put off by everyone complaining.
 
I really like that the game can be patched and updated so easily. Kudos to PD! I hope they continue to care enough about it to make tweaks and improvements. Also agree with Freight48, thankfully we don't all go by Cali's ideals of "I have mine and thats all that matters..."
 
Last edited:
I´ve said this once, and i´ll say it again: people expecting GT5 to be a dream for DLC and updates are going to be disappointed.

We´re lucky if we even get leaderboards and matchmaking.

I doubt we will see more than a track and 15 cars of content until GT6 is released.
 
bsquad
As someone who works in IT on software development, it's frustrating when people here gripe about frequent patches. PD should be applauded for handling feedback and bugs as quickly as they have. No piece of software is ever 100% perfect in the eyes of everyone.

In this case if you drive clean and this patch doesn't impact you, then why complain? Just relax and play a different game if you're so fed up with GT5.

Totally!
 
TB
Just be happy that they are updating and patching at all. And I really don't want to hear "But they took away something (SS7 glitch) from us" when it should have never been there in the first place.

I think we are all very happy that they are doing now the beta testing and fixing all the issues which they haven't noticed in 6 years of developement. I dare say if they would have left the game as it came out more than 50% of GT5 players would never again buy a GT game.

As someone who works in IT on software development, it's frustrating when people here gripe about frequent patches. PD should be applauded for handling feedback and bugs as quickly as they have. No piece of software is ever 100% perfect in the eyes of everyone.

In this case if you drive clean and this patch doesn't impact you, then why complain? Just relax and play a different game if you're so fed up with GT5.

Same goes here, if you release a unfinished and untested game no one should be suprised when people complain about that. And fixing a bug which does not effekt anyone except the users of this bug should be secondary. The primary attention of PD's fixing efforts should go into improving the game and finding solutions for the problems they haven't identified within the 6 years.

I wasn't using the bug, so I won't miss anything, but I'm a bit frustrated and angry that they spend time on such a nonsense when they should improve the game, because in my opinion this bugfix does nothing and was just wasted data trafic. Within a week someone will find another bug/glitch/cheat and then PD will spend another month on fixing that one, so that's another month they could have improved this game, and after that one the same thing will happen again and again.
 
^^^^
I'm sure they're working on enhancements in addition to bug fixes. That's how we do it. If we can release a quick bug fix, we will. That doesn't mean we're not working on functionality enhancements at the same time.
 
As someone who works in IT on software development, it's frustrating when people here gripe about frequent patches. PD should be applauded for handling feedback and bugs as quickly as they have. No piece of software is ever 100% perfect in the eyes of everyone.

In this case if you drive clean and this patch doesn't impact you, then why complain? Just relax and play a different game if you're so fed up with GT5.

Amen, brother.
People who used the SSR7 money glitch should be grateful it even existed. Even if there were no bugs -- which is almost impossible because of the human factor -- people would still complain about something. Now we must go back to grinding the "old fashioned way" LOL!!!! Bob is my friend. :)
 
I think we can all agree that it's better they fix the Glitches sooner rather than later.
 
Who said the updates will all be big ones?

Nobody.

They can release updates to fix whatever they want, in small patches or huge updates.
 
I did get frustrated with all those SS7 for $$$ rooms and people talking of racking up a million cr in 20 minutes but whether your trading tokens are real world or just a video game, somebody will game the system.

Check out all those bankers...
 
I did get frustrated with all those SS7 for $$$ rooms

That was the biggest problem I had with the glitch. I swear more than 50 of the 100 lobbies in the list were SS7 glitch rooms. If people wanted to do it, so be it, it didn't have any impact on me other than having a tougher time finding a good room.
 
Ya a pretty lame patch but it probably only took PD a couple hours to make if that so that just means 1.08 will come that much sooner.
 
That's your opinion but look, the game still isn't finished and I don't think Kaz will ever stop updating it until GT6 comes out. So if we go by your ideals, GT5 would never be released.

it's because a lot of these things are stupid little updates that should have been fixed before this game came out........a long with other flaws.

I do like this game, but it could of been a lot better.

Forza is just getting closer and closer to passing them, just have to wait when Forza 4 comes out (NOV 2011 I believe)

^this is coming from someone that only got a xbox because of that one game..lol
 
Why do I constantly read from people that the game wasn't tested? If you honestly believe that and can't comprehend the difference between the size of a test market and the actual copies sold then you have no business griping about it. Complaining about something that isn't true and blowing things out of proportion, makes it seem as if some people have no life outside of the games they buy. Sad.
 
OK by the time PD does patch up the game to where it should have been on release day, at that point 89% of gt5 players will have beat the game so whats the point. Thats why we need more car and track DLC's but Kaz said thats all being saved for GT6 (release date Fall 2019)
 
Back