So what'd y'all get for Christmas?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cowboy
  • 112 comments
  • 6,131 views
Many wonderful gifts, best of all is a sealed and never played original first pressing of 'It takes a nation of millions to hold us back' on vinyl. Nice. 👍

Happy Christmas, ya filthy animals!
 
So what'd y'all get for Christmas?
Having a close relative dying of cancer and crying in your arms on Christmas Day saying she doesn't want to die puts a damper on things and the spirit of a happy holiday is non-existent.
Other than that I gifted others some concert tickets, glasses and money.

Edit; Put a strike-through layer on the text that apparently rubbed some people the wrong way.
 
Last edited:
New 40" LED TV in my bedroom and love it!!!
 
I got some zebra print Duck Tape and a disco shower head :D
 
A measly pile of cash ($500) and a Crumpler backpack

Wishing everyone here on :gtplanet: a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :cheers:

 
So far, a $50 Steam card and whatever this box thingy I got from a Secret Santa on another board is. Haven't opened it, won't until it's properly Christmastime.

Update: Box contained

uxxqa.jpg


Also, usual comfy as heck thermal socks and novelty hot sauce sixpack.
 


Dude, that's not a "ratalla" that's a Rattata. As an original player your slight offends me! Na, I'm just kidding, merry Christmas, dude.

Having a close relative dying of cancer and crying in your arms on Christmas Day saying she doesn't want to die puts a damper on things and the spirit of a happy holiday is non-existent.
Other than that I gifted others some concert tickets, glasses and money.

Thanks for the happy feels, man. :rolleyes:

I know cancer isn't pretty and having to deal with it personally is a kick in the nuts, I know, there's more than a few of us who have been there to witness its awfulness.

I don't want to die, either. And you can bet your bottom dollar that any current cancer trying to put me down (that I don't wish to talk about) will stay out of a cheery thread about Christmas.

Don't take it the wrong way, @JockeP22, but there are many of us going through hardship and pain, but I think this is not the thread for it, OK?

I'm sure wish the best for everyone but to be morbid is nit what this thread is about.



I got some zebra print Duck Tape and a disco shower head :D

You have half the solution to any problem. If only Mrs. Shem had been so enlightened, she may have coupled my WD40 with some duct tape and then the world would have been easier to fix.
 
Alcohol (@mustafur explained it well) and a Karcher pressure washer which will definitely come in handy, among other little things.
 
I got:

  • Dashcam
  • 2 calendars
  • Socks
  • New slippers
  • New walking boots
  • Infinite Warfare PJs
  • "This is My Grumpy Face" PJs
  • Twin in-car multisocket
  • New computer speakers
  • Lynx Deoderant
  • Novelty F1 t-shirt
  • Ford Mustang shower gel, aftershave and aftershave balm
 
Last edited:
£80, a DRIVECLUB calendar I designed, chocolate.
 
Here's what I've gotten so far:

Round 1: My house

Three new games, Forza Horizon 3, Assetto Corsa, and Battlefield 1.

WP_20161225_027.jpg
WP_20161225_021.jpg


But the highlight of my Christmas so far...

WP_20161225_019.jpg


The Elgato HD 60! Which means I will be able to upload 60 FPS gameplays to my YouTube channel, something I was unable to do this past year.
 
IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

The Kenny from the Block car goes around 70 mph!
 
Got a PS4 Slim with DriveClub and F1 2016, as well as a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter. Also got a tripod for my camera, and some new earbuds. 👍
 
Now i got some nice looking Nascar diecasts and a $20 PS Store gift card
 
Just gonna make a list:

  • Truck parts (remote start, Kenwood radio, sunvisor
  • Chocolate
  • Google Carboard VR
  • Clothes, including a Ghost T-shirt
  • The Crew: Ultimate Edition
  • 1/18 Kyle Busch 2015 Homestead Win Diecast
  • Two tickets to see Rouge One this afternoon
Got my Dad some hubcaps for a camper he's been working on. It's one of those UHaul campers from 1985. Official name is alluding me. Got my Mom a charm for her Pandora bracelet.
 
I got:
  • 200-in-1 plug 'n' play TV game (surprised these things still exist; have a soft spot for them)
  • Genuine 3x3 Rubik's Cube
  • Gumball machine
  • Art of Atari book
  • Trivia card games
  • Usual chocolates / hygiene products
I'm well aware most of these seem like stocking fillers, but I honestly didn't want anything this year. Because of that, I got a lot more money than I was expecting.
 
So I got:
  • Amazon Echo Dot
  • Autoart 1:18 Porsche 908/02 (1969 6 Hours of Watkins Glen Winner)
  • Autoart 1:18 Porsche 908/03
  • Autoart 1:18 Porsche 550 Spyder
  • Autoart 1:18 Nissan GTR-LM Nismo Test Car
  • A whole lotta candy
  • Samsung VR
  • Tickets to the Rolex 24 :D :D :D
 
15 Driving Lessons + Test
WATCH_DOGS 2
Mafia III
Forza Horizon 3
Metro Redux
Battleborn
Dave Gorman Live DVD
3 Months Xbox Live
 
Nothing... Haven't seen my family in like three years.
 
I got $250
So far I've bought a new Xbox 1 controller, Skyrim SE for Xbox 1 and Playstation plus membership.
 
I've been gifted with:

  • 650€
  • A Tissot wrist watch
  • A shirt
  • A hoodie
  • A boatload of Kinder Buenos
  • A Darth Vader LEGO figure
Next year I might get some good wine as gifts, which is amazing.
 
  • $100
  • Socks
  • Bluetooth speaker
  • Khakis
  • Button-up shirt and vest
  • Cologne
  • 2017 calendar (flowers theme from my grandmother)
  • PlayStation Plus card I have no use for (no PS4)
  • $15 iTunes gift card
  • $15 in gas (for Christmas day transportation services)
  • Possibly going to trade in my phone too once I can get a break from work (bye bye iPhone 4S)
 
TB
It would be a right shame to let those go to waste. ;)

:p
It will be preserved for the ever elusive day I manage to obtain the system.
 
Back